• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscured

You can absolutely oneshot with it even at range, as almost any fusion rifle can I believe. Perfect Balance helps a lot. the main difference it has from other good fusions is the long charge time. but the full auto changes what a charge means. I haven't experienced what you mean about fusion rifles being inconsistent though, so I dunno. 77 wizard still great in the crucible too.

Yeah, I was used to oneshotting with no problem, but in the last week or so sometimes I get the kill, sometimes I take half their heath, sometimes I only take half their shield. It is really bizarre.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Is it established as fact that higher level characters receive better loot drops from random enemies as well as things like Strike Awards?

I'm also wondering if it extends to things like Nightfall (better chance for exotics) and the Raid (better chance for raid gear or exotics, etc).

Let's not speculate, please. If anyone knows for sure I'd love to hear it.

kaiiri

hmm... so just killed atheon and wssnt awarded a single thing. I have angered rngesus apparently. sigh. at least it resets again Ina couple days.

Hey, I ended up with an Atheon hard checkpoint, but don't have anyone to help. Anyone here interested in cheesing/beating regularly. I'm only 28 so not sure how much help I'll be. Psn is corporateclown

Strider

hmm... so just killed atheon and wssnt awarded a single thing. I have angered rngesus apparently. sigh. at least it resets again Ina couple days.

My friend thought this happened as well but his rewards were sent to the Postmaster instead. Think it was because he had no space available in his character screen.

Since it looks like a couple people dropped out, we've got 1 spot open for the PS4 Flawless Raider attempt. The 5 of us are in party chat now, post here or message DrDrizzay101 on PSN if you want to join.

Update: Full now!

Geneijin

Since it looks like a couple people dropped out, we've got 1 spot open for the PS4 Flawless Raider attempt. The 5 of us are in party chat now, post here or message DrDrizzay101 on PSN if you want to join.
I'd be up for it if there's still will. Signing on now.

PSN: Kopyasu

kaiiri

My friend thought this happened as well but his rewards were sent to the Postmaster instead. Think it was because he had no space available in his character screen.

I went back to the tower and nothing. ='( ... maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and see a mytho at the postmaster. XD ... does seem weird tho I didn't even get shards or anything.

Daigoro

finally got the bounty for Pocket Infinity. been sitting on a vault full of fusion rifles for eeeeevvverrrr.

whats the trick to getting the kills in nightfall again? lvl 28 enemies only? any tips?

Got Icebreaker from Crucible. Would have been so excited if I had not bought it from Xur a few weeks ago. Also rolled the dice with Xur and got my Dragon spine gauntlets. Just need those gloves this week to hit 30...please RNGjesus.

Also 95 percent of people in Crucible still run auto rifles. I had some success trying Thorn today, but I eventually had to give in and go back to Shadow Price. Weapons still need balancing or maybe the maps are just built for this style of play.

So I've broken down and decided to start a 2nd titan for the coins and shit.

Cause I already have all the gear to get to 28 as a Titan and..yeah.

Follow the money. I mean, fuck destiny.

Got Icebreaker from Crucible. Would have been so excited if I had not bought it from Xur a few weeks ago. Also rolled the dice with Xur and got my Dragon spine gauntlets. Just need those gloves this week to hit 20.

Also 95 percent of people in Crucible still run auto rifles. I had some success trying Thorn today, but I eventually had to give in go back to Shadow Price. Weapons still need balancing or maybe the maps are just built for this style of play.

When not using a shotgun, I find the most success with the Stranger's Rifle. It's a fully-automatic (when upgraded) pulse rife. Insane precision.

PS4 Flawless Raider for tonight, whenever we can get a full group together:

Gaf / PSN Names

1.) Boguester / DrDrizzay101
2.) Squall ASF / SquallASF
3.) Mattiator / Mattiator85
4.) Millenia / cyborg1
5.)
6.)

Currently two spots open. If anyone currently in the group has a friend to add, or anyone in the thread wants to join please respond to this message. Lv 29+ only, please have raid experience and (ideally) some maxed out weapons. Will be doing normal raid of course.

Ahh just saw that the fireteam is full. Good luck.

When not using a shotgun, I find the most success with the Stranger's Rifle. It's a fully-automatic (when upgraded) pulse rife. Insane precision.

I just dismantled that. I tried to keep it, but I have too many exotics and legendary guns now. Soon I will have to start dismantling purples. Maybe I should make a mule. Shadow Price is dead on accurate from good distance though. I use it over Suros.

I have Vision Of Confluence. It fires auto and I've heard it's great so maybe I will level that next after I'm done with Thorn.

I love Thorn, but Bungie really needs to fix it with either increases reload speed, mag size and every bullet doing DOT. All 3 of those buffs would be nice.

ethomaz

Banned
Please lord Xur give me something good this week... I'm starting to praise at the beginning of the week to you remember me on Friday.

Some heavily weapon with G.
Some chest with H.

Make my life better...

Thanks.

I just dismantled that. I tried to keep it, but I have too many exotics and legendary guns now. Soon I will have to start dismantling purples. Maybe I should make a mule. Shadow Price is dead on accurate from good distance though. I use it over Suros.

Remember to level up your guns (just EXP not upgrade) before dismantling! You get 5-6 energies and a chance at that weapon type's telemetry.

Kalamari

Got Icebreaker from Crucible. Would have been so excited if I had not bought it from Xur a few weeks ago. Also rolled the dice with Xur and got my Dragon spine gauntlets. Just need those gloves this week to hit 30...please RNGjesus.

Also 95 percent of people in Crucible still run auto rifles. I had some success trying Thorn today, but I eventually had to give in and go back to Shadow Price. Weapons still need balancing or maybe the maps are just built for this style of play.

I am beginning to think that the maps are just too small for any of the other weapons to excel.

Please lord Xur give me something good this week... I'm starting to praise at the beginning of the week to you remember me on Friday.

Some heavily weapon with G.
Some chest with H.

Make my life better...

Thanks.

I scoffed when he first sold the G.
Now I regret not buying it so much :-(

GhaleonEB

Spent much of the day trying to get through one single strike on the level 22 playlist. Due to quitters, I never got through one. (In fairness, I quit twice, but that was due to others either going afk or dropping.) Probably five or six attempts. Just now we nearly beat the one on Mars with the boss right after the dude in the big tank. Got the boss down to the last ~5% or so and we get wiped out. Naturally the check point is not one but two encounters back from the actual boss.

My battlebros give up and bail. It took about 15 minutes just to wring the sponge down that far. I hesitate to use words like this, but the boss design in the strikes is absolute garbage. It's just not fun.

Bungie said we'd find ways to progress no matter what we like to do, but that's not really the case. The strikes are terrible, the story missions repetetive, the patrols are not scaled to our level and the weekly heroic strike does not feature matchmaking. For a guy like me who doesn't like PvP, I feel like my options are exhausted. It was an absolute slog to get from 20 to 21.

Orca

Did Vault on Hard and got the ship again.

Helped three people cheese it after, they got the ship, Vex Mythoclast, Plan C, and the raid helmet.

wtf

We just had to reset because I got disconnected which counts as a death. F you Bungie, fo real. Some people may need to drop out if we don't finish it soon so I will message you guys if/when we need a replacement.

The raid is tough enough without all the bugs. I hope they address those first and then try to change the way we play.

Dante316

Spent much of the day trying to get through one single strike on the level 22 playlist. Due to quitters, I never got through one. (In fairness, I quit twice, but that was due to others either going afk or dropping.) Probably five or six attempts. Just now we nearly beat the one on Mars with the boss right after the dude in the big tank. Got the boss down to the last ~5% or so and we get wiped out. Naturally the check point is not one but two encounters back from the actual boss.

My battlebros give up and bail. It took about 15 minutes just to wring the sponge down that far. I hesitate to use words like this, but the boss design in the strikes is absolute garbage. It's just not fun.

Bungie said we'd find ways to progress no matter what we like to do, but that's not really the case. The strikes are terrible, the story missions repetetive, the patrols are not scaled to our level and the weekly heroic strike does not feature matchmaking. For a guy like me who doesn't like PvP, I feel like my options are exhausted. It was an absolute slog to get from 20 to 21.

Sadly the best way to play is to make a fireteam, quitters ruin everything at times especially when they dont like the strike and sometimes eve quit b4 the boss.

breakfuss

Did Vault on Hard and got the ship again.

Helped three people cheese it after, they got the ship, Vex Mythoclast, Plan C, and the raid helmet.

wtf

RNG works in mysterious ways.

Also, I think that Titan hulk smash shit has way too big of a radius. I can NEVER escape it, lol. No running back or to the side. No jumping above it. Ugh.

Shotgun...

Who cares about shotguns when you can spam grenades all the time in Crucible using Voidfang Vestments. Use Voidfang as a sunbro with Gift of the Sun for the extra grenade.

Apparently, after you used your two grenades, you can go to options and switch out a piece of armor/weapon. This switching resets your grenades back to full. If you don't believe me, try it out for yourself.

GG Bungie.

Doing strikes is pretty much the worst way to level. The least painful and fastest way is to just grind public events and do patrol missions on earth. It takes about 4 hours (multiple days or one day) to earn 100 vanguard marks from public events, thats ignoring any extra you get from bounties. You can intersperse patrol (vanguard rep) and bounties in there, as well as chest farming.

Earn 100 in one week, another 100 in the next week, and you should be at vanguard level 2 by then. With 200 marks you can buy 2 items (gloves/chest/boots) for 130 tokens. On the third week you'll earn another 100 and can buy the 3d item plus the helm on the 4th week (assuming no luck with engrams). Upgrade them all with shards you have gotten from public events, and blam you should be light 27 or 28. Earn enough coins from engrams and bounty turnins and you can buy an exotic armor piece too from Xur on weekends.

Its completely dumb I agree but the strikes are more or less the worst possible way to get your light level up.

TTG

I hesitate to use words like this, but the boss design in the strikes is absolute garbage. It's just not fun.

It's about as close to flagrantly bad as Destiny gets, which is a shame because they are a fundamental part of the game. Honestly, if you're not into the pvp side of it, Destiny is not nearly good enough to justify the kind of time investment it solicits.

1956963_311560612384032_6997171354420020165_o.jpg

512.gif

darthbob

This game can really piss me off sometimes...

was doing a flawless raider run, somehow got marked for negation during templar fight in midair.

The raid is tough enough without all the bugs. I hope they address those first and then try to change the way we play.

Not sure if you are still on, but we just had a couple people drop. You are already on my friends list, so just join my fire team if you still want to do it.

dengatron

I've noticed with the datebringer, if I shoot accurate and fast enough I can take down hobgobs before they set into armor lock.
It one shots hobgobs with a critical. Gobs too. Almost kills fanatics. Pretty monster all around. I'm not a fan of the 104 reserve rounds but the actual damage is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom