• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

LMFAO @ Two Rare engrams turning into Legendary gear, giving my Warlock and Hunter exactly what they needed. Warlock got a Gauntlets of no Tomorrow that do HC reloads faster, and also don't look like hot shit when I equip it (looking at you, Eclipse Maw). My Hunter got Dustwalker gauntlets that increase reload speed on Auto Rifles. This all happening after coming off a lag tastic Control match where a losing team member got a Legendary Engram, and ONE person on our team got a Rare Gauntlet engram. Thanks for pulling through where Bungie didn't, Rahool.

Pimpwerx

It's a random thing that happens sometimes in the Ember Caves, just a couple of Dregs on pikes. Like the Hive and Fallen going to war on Earth at the Skywatch.

Pikes will also show up randomly on Earth, in the Forgotten Shores. I think they might also spawn in the Steppes and Mothyards. I chased them down once just to see what people thought about seeing a pike on Earth. PEACE.

Gordon

It's a random thing that happens sometimes in the Ember Caves, just a couple of Dregs on pikes. Like the Hive and Fallen going to war on Earth at the Skywatch.
Damn - I kinda wish I'd seen it. The Hive/Fallen thing was a fucking rush the first time it happened to me lol
Random events have been pretty common on my strikes lately. I've been hitting a pub pretty much daily just waiting for me on top of my initial strike objective lol haven't had to go into a patrol for a while now. The other day I had an eliminate the target literally standing in the doorway of the hangar where you do the first ghost scan to start the mars strike. I wish my luck was as good with Rahool lol

Finished my Void part of the Thorn bounty last night! I dont play much PvP so ive just taken my time with it, felt great to be done. Tonight me and my 2 brothers (who also has the bounty) are going to go to the moon and get it. My hunter will hopefully love that gun when he does solo stuff.

I have that bounty, twice, and i´m stuck in the void damage stage, i guess that i could try it someday, but all that "get 5 points per kill, lose 2 per death" sounds like a pain in the ass, and i don´t really like the pvp so much to be playing the amount of time that it will require.

Is Thorn really worth it? looks cool and that, but i don´t know if i have the patience to endure all those Suros and shotguns shooting me in the face.

Midas

Just noticed a tile on the 360 dash saying 'New DLC' over a picture of some Vex. It links to a list of all recent DLC for the console at the moment, but often these placeholder links pop up a bit early.

Also, Dark Below is obviously based around the Hive but Deej did say there'd be Destiny news very soon so maybe we'll hear something shortly? A trailer maybe?

It gotta be early December? Please? I want new strikes and the new raid.

So doing the Strike playlist, what is it for? Just to get me raging every time? I don't understand how I get a lvl 18 item out an engram, when I've done a lvl 22 Strike mission and lost 30-45 minutes.

This game, on the brink on selling it again.

Still thinking something is very off with the strikes, you can do a normal strike (lvl 13 for example) on a lvl 23 hunter and still get fucked by too many enemies.

Only way to get better gear is now the Crucible right? If I am reading through this pages it makes it seem like it is the only option for getting better equipped.

Anyone up for the level 28 Weekly heroic on PS4? I forgot I didn't do it with my alt lol. IDs in profile if you're interested.

edit: nevermind, I did do it. Forgot the rewards don't show up if you've completed it.

So doing the Strike playlist, what is it for? Just to get me raging every time? I don't understand how I get a lvl 18 item out an engram, when I've done a lvl 22 Strike mission and lost 30-45 minutes.

I use it for getting a fair amount of Blues to rank up my Cryptarch and level up weapons. I don't use it for rep since doing patrol missions is far faster. I also stay away from the Mars Strikes unless I'm not in a rush. Those things are loooooong.

Only way to get better gear is now the Crucible right? If I am reading through this pages it makes it seem like it is the only option for getting better equipped.

There's actually a series of really good guides on Destiny post level 20 in the OP. Basically the best way to proceed after 20 is to grind faction rep + marks (or do the same in the crucible) to buy the gear you want from vendors.

Is Thorn really worth it? looks cool and that, but i don´t know if i have the patience to endure all those Suros and shotguns shooting me in the face.

atleast not yet, Bungie did mention it might be buffed later on though.

Now it's only good feature is the poisoning of enemies so they can't regain shields. Other than that it's worse than The Devil You Know, Hawkmoon or Last Word.

Still thinking something is very off with the strikes, you can do a normal strike (lvl 13 for example) on a lvl 23 hunter and still get fucked by too many enemies.

enemy damage is always normalized, so a lvl.1 monster can still kill you even if you are lvl.30 :p

excowboy

This game, on the brink on selling it again.

No, your best option is to level up your rep with a vendor (Vanguard/Crucible/Factions) and buy gear with marks (Vanguard/Crucible) - guaranteed to level you up, no RNG required.

I use it for getting a fair amount of Blues to rank up my Cryptarch and level up weapons. I don't use it for rep since doing patrol missions is far faster. I also stay away from the Mars Strikes unless I'm not in a rush. Those things are loooooong.

Thanks for the info, guess I will leave them alone for awhile.

I just hate it when I'm getting the feeling that I achieved something by beating a hard boss and then getting a big turd as a reward.

Thing that irks me even today was the daily heroic on saturday! Did it solo and lost around an hour with it with nothing at the end, as the counter resetted and the next daily heroic was on.

Not a single game gave me this much slaps in the face ever.

Will hate myself for playing it tonight as I love the gameplay and have nothing better to play atm.

Edit:

Thanks for all the advices, will see to up my reputation with the vanguard. And after that I think I'm going with the FWC rep. But still a tedious thing.

Jinjo

Thanks for that - I'll need to keep better track of when I get the daily and public event daily. It just wasn't cooperating yesterday.
If you're right, it means I've messed the times up.

You need to log out and go back in again if you were logged in before the reset.

I use it for rep because at least I get blues and an off chance at exotics and get to fight bosses while I'm at it. I can only stomach patrol missions for bounties. My least favorite thing in a game I otherwise love.

F this glitchy raid right in it's glitchy ass. I will try to upload a video of the nonsense that just happened on our last flawless raider attempt. Minotaur "killed me" but basically he just glitched out and I died immediately and you can see the Minotaur go flying off the edge of the map into oblivion. It makes no sense.

We had one attempt right before that which was totally successful except for a couple slips on the jumping puzzle. Tomorrow night it's going down hard. Rage....

Midas

I use it for rep because at least I get blues and an off chance at exotics and get to fight bosses while I'm at it. I can only stomach patrol missions for bounties. My least favorite thing in a game I otherwise love.

I got an exotic this Saturday from a strike. First time for me! Universal remote. Not a shotgun fan, but I should play around with it a bit. Maybe it's good.

Trojan

up until lvl.29, then it's RNG required :D

Truth. Once you get to that lvl 29 plateau, there's not a whole lot you can do other than wait for another Tuesday to roll around.

On that note, this game has made me love Tuesdays. Never had much respect for Tuesdays before Destiny!

Wait, can you run normal mode for flawless raider?
I thought so... having to do that on hard is insanity.

Rixa

Doing strikes is pretty much the worst way to level. The least painful and fastest way is to just grind public events and do patrol missions on earth. It takes about 4 hours (multiple days or one day) to earn 100 vanguard marks from public events, thats ignoring any extra you get from bounties. You can intersperse patrol (vanguard rep) and bounties in there, as well as chest farming.

Its completely dumb I agree but the strikes are more or less the worst possible way to get your light level up.

Iam doing this. Not sure if is wise or not but I like the grinding. My target is to get Vanguard rep to lvl 1, after that go more for story missions. So far Ive done only few story missions in moon. Doing bounties & patrol missions in Earth + occasional Public events. Iam lvl 14 and in Public events its nice when there usually are many +20 level people killing event mobs, helps me to get gold tier from public events.

Marvel

could never
Caesar-saying-no-in-Dawn-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-GIF.gif

Take it back, Marvel! I don't want it!
NEVER!
ivyJEQeo5elwh.gif

Wait, can you run normal mode for flawless raider?

Yeah, you should definitely do normal raid. You just have to beat any raid without someone in your fireteam dying. We would have gotten it just a few minutes ago except a couple people fell on the jumping puzzle. The only "challenging" parts are:

1.) Jumping puzzle
2.) Glitches
3.) Disconnections

Steroyd

F this glitchy raid right in it's glitchy ass. I will try to upload a video of the nonsense that just happened on our last flawless raider attempt. Minotaur "killed me" but basically he just glitched out and I died immediately and you can see the Minotaur go flying off the edge of the map into oblivion. It makes no sense.

We had one attempt right before that which was totally successful except for a couple slips on the jumping puzzle. Tomorrow night it's going down hard. Rage....

I've had an instance where a minotaur went invincible, it's health kept going up from a tiny bit which the million times I've done it would have killed it, spent so long trying to kill it, everyone went blind and then wiped us out.

Bungie seriously need to fix that well before they start talking about randomising portal jumpers, no wonder people prefer to cheese, when the legit route is full of uncontrollable nonsense.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah, you should definitely do normal raid. You just have to beat any raid without someone in your fireteam dying. We would have gotten it just a few minutes ago except a couple people fell on the jumping puzzle. The only "challenging" parts are:

1.) Jumping puzzle
2.) Glitches
3.) Disconnections

Oh goddamn. I thought it was heroic only.

It's going to be like I've been training in high gravity.

-

On that note, if anyone would like to try this today let me know. Level 30 Defender with maxed raid gear.

Psn: astropoff

I've had an instance where a minotaur went invincible, it's health kept going up from a tiny bit which the million times I've done it would have killed it, spent so long trying to kill it, everyone went blind and then wiped us out.

Bungie seriously need to fix that well before they start talking about randomising portal jumpers, no wonder people prefer to cheese, when the legit route is full of uncontrollable nonsense.

Yeah I've seen stuff like that happen too. It's really infuriating sometimes, especially when their priorities are so out of whack. The raid is great but it's absolutely riddled with glitches.

-

On that note, if anyone would like to try this today let me know. Level 30 Defender with maxed raid gear.

It's a total breeze on normal after getting used to hard. Everything dies so quickly. I'm going to run flawless raider tomorrow night with the same group but I would still do it again now if we could find a group. Also Lv 30 Titan w/ maxed weapons.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's a total breeze on normal after getting used to hard. Everything dies so quickly. I'm going to run flawless raider tomorrow night with the same group but I would still do it again now if we could find a group. Also Lv 30 Titan w/ maxed weapons.

What's your time zone? How long are you on for today?

I have the entire morning and afternoon (gmt) Would definitely go if we could get a group.

On that note:

I'd like to try a flawless raider run. Please be level 29-30 with maxed gear, confidence, and a great track record with the jumping puzzle and gorgons.

I'm gmt, currently 9am here. I have until around 3pm.

If you're up for giving it a shot then add me, and quote this post and add your name.

(Probably won't find the people at this time but it's worth a shot!).

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - Lvl 30 Defender

SgtCobra

Hot damn, I was just now told that the gear you get from the next Raid has been leaked.

Me likey! That stuff looks waaaaaaaay cooler than this chintzy Vex-themed gear.

Of course, I've always been a fan of Venom-style organic armor.

Can't wait! :D
You got pics of that?

Steroyd

-

Yeah doing hard mode a few times, you pretty much learn how to no die using blind spots and using game logic because there's such a heavy penalty in that mode, that said I'm imagining people bringing out their Nintendo systems with a Rocky training montage song in the background prepping for the platform jumping section.

Also if this flawless run is a thing, has everyone got that clan members trophies as well? Still need that done, to might as well kill 2/3 birds with one stone (haven't done strike version either), looked at my trophies, and if I get those 3 done, I'm a shoe-in for the platinum, with the 50 dead ghost thing the only other painful one (that and 20 salvage zones).

I have the entire morning and afternoon (gmt) Would definitely go if we could get a group.

I'll be around for the rest of the morning, at least until noon (EST time zone). Honestly it should be really easy with a decent group. I'm sure my group from before can bust it out later tonight and I'll still do it again with them regardless but I would love it finish it up yet this morning. Those glitches seriously pissed me off, haha.

Also if this flawless run is a thing, has everyone got that clan members trophies as well? Still need that done, to might as well kill 2/3 birds with one stone (haven't done strike version either), looked at my trophies, and if I get those 3 done, I'm a shoe-in for the platinum, with the 50 dead ghost thing the only other painful one (that and 20 salvage zones).

I have a clan everybody could join in order to get those trophies. I made the clan just to get those trophies before but it wouldn't be an issue for everyone to join it if we actually got a group for flawless. We had 2-3 raid finishes already just from running it, a normal raid run takes like 45 minutes with a good group. Of course a strike would take 10 minutes afterwards, so no worries there. Flawless is all I have left for the platinum...

Zakalwe

Banned

Would be up for joining a clan to get it done for sure.

I'll be around for the rest of the morning, at least until noon (EST time zone). Honestly it should be really easy with a decent group. I'm sure my group from before can bust it out later tonight and I'll still do it again with them regardless but I would love it finish it up yet this morning. Those glitches seriously pissed me off, haha.

Look alike we have the same amount if time to try.

If Steroyd is up for it we might have a shot at making a good group for this.

Pop

Talk about changes coming to Iron Banner.

"The goal for Level Advantages in PVP had been to create relatively small advantages that would suffice only to tilt the balance between players of equal skill towards the player of greater achievement, expressed in terms of his gear," Green said.

"But we now believe we have been too conservative, and that small tilts failed to meet anyone's expectations.

"In the next Iron Banner, we will debut a much more dramatic difference between players of wide variation in Level. We will detail the changes in an article of its own to come as soon as we settle on some of the numbers."

So, the next Iron Banner will require a Fireteam leader to be level 20 to enter. Lower level players may join with their level 20+ chaperone, Green said, but they will find it "very challenging".

Eurogamer

IRIDIUM SHELLS GO THROUGH WALLS

Was I the only person who didn't know this? I thought they just took shields down faster, but they go through walls/rock/anything.

Here's a friends video demonstrating http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApjHdIBNxHs

I'll never feel safe again. Thank God there's no marking enemies like Battlefield tho.

OMFG. I didn't know this at all. I thought it just made it possible to get 2-in-1 shots. Do LMGs also get iridium rounds? I think I haven't just seen it on sniper rifles.

They do, I just enabled it on my Corrective Measure. Haven't been in a position with heavy ammo and a wall yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Yeah I've seen stuff like that happen too. It's really infuriating sometimes, especially when their priorities are so out of whack. The raid is great but it's absolutely riddled with glitches.

Absolutely, i mean, every single time that me and my buddies play the raid, at least one has problems with the fucking portals and gets stuck in the middle of nowhere...wipe, start again, and then, another one has the same issues after one or two portal runs, it sucks.

And by the way, let´s try the meta begging game, any kind soul with a hard checkpoint to share? i need my ration of cheese, and my partners are not good enough to survive the templar :/

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

On that note:

I'd like to try a flawless raider run. Please be level 29-30 with maxed gear, confidence, and a great track record with the jumping puzzle and forgone.

If you're up for giving it a shot then add me, and quote this post and add your name.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - Lvl 30 Defender
2. Kartik21 - Level 30 Hunter
Yeah, I wanna do this now as well.

Geneijin

I'd like to try a flawless raider run. Please be level 29-30 with maxed gear, confidence, and a great track record with the jumping puzzle and forgone.

If we could get a group going in 30 mins, I have time for 2 tries.

Edit: PSN Kopyasu

If you're in the same clan and cheese Atheon, it'll count.

Absolutely, i mean, every single time that me and my buddies play the raid, at least one has problems with the fucking portals and gets stuck in the middle of nowhere...wipe, start again, and then, another one has the same issues after one or two portal runs, it sucks.

And by the way, let´s try the meta begging game, any kind soul with a hard checkpoint to share? i need my ration of cheese, and my partners are not good enough to survive the templar :/

I mean... Templar can be cheesed even easier than Atheon. I don't have the hard checkpoint since I finished it on all three characters this week but let me know if you want to join in for some flawless raider attempts here (also can do clan raid/strike trophies easily). If you get the checkpoint I can help cheese though.

Steroyd

Would be up for joining a clan to get it done for sure.

Look alike we have the same amount if time to try.

If Steroyd is up for it we might have a shot at making a good group for this.

Yeah I'm up for it, if we get enough people, we should setup a temp clan or something, can't believe Bungie limited it to 100.

1.) Jumping puzzle
2.) Glitches
3.) Disconnections

Ok, quick question:

Say you get past the first part of the Raid (hold the three pads and open the door) without anybody dying. You have that checkpoint. Now you go on to the Templar battle and somebody dies during the confluxes or whatever.

If you back-out and restart from that checkpoint (which you had survived all the way up to), do you lose the perfect raid? Cause it seems like, if you're resuming from a save state, the game should really only know that you haven't died up until that save point (ie, the data stored at the save point), not that you continued forward and died without creating a new save point.

But maybe it can, I don't know.

Milennia

I have a clan everybody could join in order to get those trophies. I made the clan just to get those trophies before but it wouldn't be an issue for everyone to join it if we actually got a group for flawless. We had 2-3 raid finishes already just from running it, a normal raid run takes like 45 minutes with a good group. Of course a strike would take 10 minutes afterwards, so no worries there. Flawless is all I have left for the platinum...

I'm up for it

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh, people want in!

Quote that post and add yourself. Soon as we get five for sure I'll start inviting and hunting for the 6th.

And I meant "gorgons"... ;_;

Geneijin

Ok, quick question:

Say you get past the first part of the Raid (hold the three pads and open the door) without anybody dying. You have that checkpoint. Now you go on to the Templar battle and somebody dies during the confluxes or whatever.

If you back-out and restart from that checkpoint (which you had survived all the way up to), do you lose the perfect raid? Cause it seems like, if you're resuming from a save state, the game should really only know that you haven't died up until that save point (ie, the data stored at the save point), not that you continued forward and died without creating a new save point.

But maybe it can, I don't know.
Yes, because using the checkpoint itself counts as a death. Tried it with cheesing normal Atheon on the first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom