• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Oh snap, now that my Warlock is 28, I can do the Raid for him too! I think I'll be down for it later this afternoon if anyone wants. I'll be home around 4:30PM EST.

What's better for the raid? Voidwalker or Sunsinger?

Sunsinger with self-resurrection all the way.

Acorn

The only thing I worry about is they keep saying "level advantages", which doesn't implicitly mean that Attack will do anything.

I just don't trust them.

That and part of me is negative and thinks they'll roll out Iron Banner with raid armor equivalents right when the expansion comes out so the armor will again be one tier behind.
Heh I don't doubt it. They love keeping us on the hamster wheel

DjRalford

They got to do something about people joining crucible just to stand there all match.

Despite having one such ass in our team with 0 kills and assists with 20 deaths we only just lost by 300 points. Without him 5v6 we would have won.

hydruxo

Sunsingers are useful in hard raid but every time without fail I've noticed they are the first ones to die before Hunters and Titans. Self res makes you complacent and its easy to get reckless knowing you can revive. Not always a good thing.

E92 M3

I've upgraded every weapon I have and I still have like 90 energies. With 6 weeks until the expansion, you should have plenty of energies by then. Why not do the most damage possible?

I upgraded the weapons I love. Do you have an alt? I only play with one character. And I am happy with the damage so far. Being level 30 helps everything feel perfectly fine. Once the Vex gets buffed finally I'll have all of my heavy hitters situated.

LiK

What did I do to deserve this? ;_;

B09eTFzIAAA4FMo.jpg:large

Terrible score

realcZk

So there's a glitch that let's Warlocks self-revive as often as they want. I'm sure this will be patched quickly, lol.

Don't know about that, we are still waiting on the Atheon hotfix that was mentioned two weeks ago and promised last week. I'm wondering if the patch they had in certification is causing delays. This video has been on reddit a few times now which I know DeeJ browses, so I'm sure they are aware of it.

zewone

How's the raid rocket launcher? Is it worth the energy to fully update it? Or is it better to wait for a Gjallarhorn drop?

It's the best legendary rocket launcher. So if you don't want to use up an exotic slot on your heavy weapon, it's worth it.

TUSR

Banned
It's awesome. Can't wait till its buffed, then you'll be able to drop quite a few enemies before reloading (which is good, because it's always out of ammo to reload with).

Yeah, I never seem to have enough ammo to reload the gun with. Its beyond frustrating.

Voidwalker is great in the raid. Praetorian never saw me coming.

Also my main being a Hunter means I already learnt not to rely on self-res.

realcZk

Yeah, I never seem to have enough ammo to reload the gun with. Its beyond frustrating.

I can't remember the exact numbers but with the increased magazine size I believe you can only reload the gun 2-3-ish times before you are out of ammo entirely? This wouldn't be as bad an issue if the gun did more damage.

Deku Tree

Yeah doing tiger strikes with people who quit after one wipe sucks... Especially when the matchmaking never replaces those players... lol ever...

LiK

I have Comedian and Corrective Measure now. Badass Void weapons. Normal Raid should not be a problem for me offensively against those fuckers anymore.

X-Frame

Oh snap, now that my Warlock is 28, I can do the Raid for him too! I think I'll be down for it later this afternoon if anyone wants. I'll be home around 4:30PM EST.

What's better for the raid? Voidwalker or Sunsinger? (though my Sunsinger isn't maxed yet...)

I would think that Voidwalker more, especially during the Templar section where all the fanatics are pouring out -- Nova Bombs there would be wonderful.

realcZk

I have Comedian and Corrective Measure now. Badass Void weapons. Normal Raid should not be a problem for me offensively against those fuckers anymore.

Corrective Measure is stupid good. Know how those minotaurs/goblins/praetorians spawn in the raid, behind an "invisible wall" for a few seconds? Like you can see them, but can't do damage to them with regular weapons until they walk out further? Put on armor-piercing rounds on the Corrective Measure and destroy them in seconds before they can even walk out of the spawn point :)

This is so good because it allows you to lock down a side from a praetorian before they even step foot out of the spawn point usually, and they cant fire at you during this time. It's a free and easy kill.

zewone

What's better for the raid? Voidwalker or Sunsinger? (though my Sunsinger isn't maxed yet...)

Sunsinger for self revives alone.

You still doing the raid at reset? I compiled the responses of people who want to do it:

PS4 Hard Raid starting at 5am Est tomorrow:

1.) DrDrizzay101 (Boguester)
2.) Cosmos_Man
3.) Cyborg1
4.) Ruthlesbarbarian
5.) YvenUp
6.) Casmith7509

iRAWRasaurus is currently the alternate.

Please respond if you are not able to go or need to drop out. Hopefully we can bust it out right quick though.

Ourobolus

Banned

Yeah, I should be fine there. My main is a Hunter as well.

I have a Solar Comedian and I love it. But dammit, that won't help me here! :p

I would think that Voidwalker more, especially during the Templar section where all the fanatics are pouring out -- Nova Bombs there would be wonderful.

Ah yeah, that should work. Cool.

Deku Tree

Yeah, sometimes I get replacements, sometimes I don't. Take solace in the fact that enemies have lower health when you run solo. I can't recall if they do less damage or not.

The game *should* try to automatically send new players into your game if you are short one/two. I've seen it happen to me several times before, but sometimes it never gets around to doing so.

Yes the enemies take less to kill if your by yourself... I wiped a few times on purpose to check if I would get new players in there for the boss... None at all... Quitters suck... Makes it frustrating and not fun to play. The nexus is the easiest strike but if your not overleveled it can be difficult and time consuming by yourself... The boss has huge splash damage and only shoots at you and constantly spawns many many adds.

Trakan

I upgraded the weapons I love. Do you have an alt? I only play with one character. And I am happy with the damage so far. Being level 30 helps everything feel perfectly fine. Once the Vex gets buffed finally I'll have all of my heavy hitters situated.

Yeah, I have 3 characters who've done the raid multiple times and none of them are level 30, so you got lucky there.

LiK

Corrective Measure is stupid good. Know how those minotaurs/goblins/praetorians spawn in the raid, behind an "invisible wall" for a few seconds? Like you can see them, but can't do damage to them with regular weapons until they walk out further? Put on armor-piercing rounds on the Corrective Measure and destroy them in seconds before they can even walk out of the spawn point :)

This is so good because it allows you to lock down a side from a praetorian before they even step foot out of the spawn point usually, and they cant fire at you during this time. It's a free and easy kill.

Oh wow, good tip. I will need to get that upgrade.

CREMSteve

I have done it twice now this week. I actually did it twice in a row last night helping others. Since you are a titan I can show you what to do.

I have some others that can help but it won't be until about 10pm eastern.

Appreciate the offer, but I'm tied up this evening carving pumpkins with my kids, as I'll be away the rest of the week. If I'm going to do it, it needs to be this morning/afternoon, outside of some conference calls I need to take for work.

I got dropped into the Archon strike that was literally 4 shots from killing him. I've not once either joined or had some one join my strikes since that moment. Destiny is weird like that.

What a bad match... you need to do better to win... maybe if you had done 6000 points the result could be other.

Choose weak partners :p

But I didn't choose them. :(

I should have quit and done matchmaking again when the panda guy went 1/15 in the previous match. I was hoping he'd end up on the other team :lol.

Korosenai

Does anyone have the Oracle or Atheon hard mode checkpoint? On Xbox One?

I've got a level 27 warlock that needs to cheese it today for some raid gear, already did normal and didn't get anything.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The death timers In VoG and the ability to save a party from Orbit in Nightfall say otherwise ;)

Titan bubbles are helpful, no question, but self-Rez beats it out for overall survivablility.

Again, though, that's just a crutch and you shouldn't be dying. When I do hard mode, 99% of the time it's a warlock dying first and self-reviving, for whatever reason. It doesn't help the team much, outside of the fact that the warlock died and is now alive. I've found the titan bubble using for the damage buff, saving/defending a conflux, saving someone from a praetorian, or even using the blinding nades on a praetorian. If I was doing a progression raid, though, warlocks are king.

Hunters are, of course, last. I still love you hunter, and that's my main, but it's the truth :)

spyder_ur

What's the best Heavy Weapon (preferably Rocket Launcher) available to buy with Crucible/Vanguard marks? I'm leaning towards the Unfriendly Giant as I've seen that mentioned a bit here - one plus to that is that I can spend my Vanguard Marks, rather than crucible, once I get a few more tomorrow. Heavy Weapon is the only slot I have still filled by a rare.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Wow, great tip. Had no idea.

Forgot to mention, I leveled up the Crypt last night right before signing off for the night and got the void version of the 77 Wizard. I am slowly just racking up weapons. That's not a new one but the void part of it will be great for the raid and any void burn content.

What's left on your "must have" weapons list? I think you have pretty much everything except for the raid sniper and VoC, no?

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
Does anyone have the Oracle or Atheon hard mode checkpoint? On Xbox One?

I've got a level 27 warlock that needs to cheese it today for some raid gear, already did normal and didn't get anything.

I have the atheon checkpoint but I won't be on until late tonight like 7:30 pm pst

Frenden

Banned
We need to put this Suros upgrade discussion to rest. If you're not upgrading the weapon, you've spent 23 coins on a rifle which can be had for marks from any number of vendors in the Tower. The alternative won't have a unique looking model, but it also won't take up the one exotic slot allotted.

Totally. I have a rare, level 2 Surrender-A that has the same base stats as an un-upgraded Suros. There's no reason to not upgrade it.

Tovarisc

Sunsingers are useful in hard raid but every time without fail I've noticed they are the first ones to die before Hunters and Titans. Self res makes you complacent and its easy to get reckless knowing you can revive. Not always a good thing.

Don't play with bad sunbros?

Jaeyden

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Might just switch back to CM for gatekeepers now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom