• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Then the server started being consistently horrible. Templar phase one of our team was perma marked, couldn't t remove it. Then it happened to another. Then the Templar wouldn't react. After about 5 minutes the two marked players finally died.

It was okay for most attempts, but right at the end the lag started going off the charts. We couldn't cleanse anyone, our characters wouldn't actually throw grenades (just go through the motion), and the Templar wouldn't get pushed back. The relic holder would just appear and disappear instead of cleansing, we took down his shield and I got trapped inside an invisible detain shield that I couldn't break... and then we all got negated. GG Bungie.

I saved a video of the whole thing at that point we were fighting against the game's nonsense it was unbelievable.

Normal raid tonight at 8:30 EST. Need 2 more.

1) scarletham
2) X-Frame
3) Hoodbury
4) Ourobolus
5)
6)

Let me know if you're interested.

Seep

Beating the Raid on Saturday with a bunch of gaffers was one of my greatest gaming moments in recent memory.

Destiny will be hard if not impossible to beat when it comes to my personal GOTY this year.

Got the Vision of Confluence. What a gun.

Was a fun raid and I agree with you, the raid is a top gaming experience for me too definitely my GOTY no contest.

Nice one.

Hard Mode Rain tonight 8:30 UK / 4:30 Eastern US
1. Megabroon (29 Warlock)
2. Seep_UK (29 Warlock)
3. ZonySUX

I suspect we'll hear "Gaurdian down" quite a bit tonight lol lets see how far we make it.

realcZk

Forgot to mention, I leveled up the Crypt last night right before signing off for the night and got the void version of the 77 Wizard. I am slowly just racking up weapons. That's not a new one but the void part of it will be great for the raid and any void burn content.

What's left on your "must have" weapons list? I think you have pretty much everything except for the raid sniper and VoC, no?

I want, in order from most to least:

• Gjallarhorn
  • Praedyth's Revenge
  • Hawkmoon
  • VoC

EDIT: The only one on the list that I view as "must-have" is the Gjallarhorn because its crazy.

LordofPwn

Did a 24 hour marathon for Extra Life, created a titan, and after being up for over 22 hours i decided then was a good time to enter the crucible... went 22-3 in rumble, best match i've ever had, begining to think my play level is also become RNGesus.

arimanius

I finally have characters of all 3 classes at level 28 and it's astonishing how much better Warlock is than everyone else, especially for end-game content. Hunter easily has the worst Supers of any class, no question, it's not even close. And the throwing knife is the worst ability in the game by a long shot. Think there needs to be some tweaking done there, hopefully it's not at the expense of the Warlock but rather buffs to the other classes.

I should stress that this is a perspective of someone who plays PvE almost exclusively, I know the complexion of class balance changes in PvP.

I agree warlocks are best all around characters. Good in PvE and PvP. Hunters are great in PvP so I don't know now to tweak them to be better in PvE without making them more OP in PvP. Titans are ok in both areas. I think they need a little love.

Either way I think Bungie needs to try to balance the classes towards Warlocks. I think they are the most balance class right now I'm both aspects of the game.

ethomaz

Banned
But I didn't choose them. :(

I should have quit and done matchmaking again when the panda guy went 1/15 in the previous match. I was hoping he'd end up on the other team :lol.
You could aways have the BigMac guy on your team :D to be fair I don't remember entering in teams with sub 500 guys in a long time.

Tovarisc

I've played in tons of groups with different sunbros, and its the same everytime. Not saying they die right away, but they'll usually be the first to go.

I'm sunbro and my experience is reverse in Hard VoG. Titans and Hunters biting the dirt first because they got overconfident against super hobgoblin or preto. Only times I really may need my resurrection is during Gatekeeper if I do misplay with relic against preto or get sniped to back during pick up.

Figs is fun to play with. Don't bother with Zoba tho. All you get are Assists.

Haha, I know she is. We did the raid last night.

I'm just horrible at PvP (I blame lag. Whatever, helps me sleep at night) so I wouldn't want her getting pissed at me then entire time.

The +25 K/D spread for the Invective is basically the worst thing ever for me. I'll never get it.

X-Frame

I agree warlocks are best all around characters. Good in PvE and PvP. Hunters are great in PvP so I don't know now to tweak them to be better in PvE without making them more OP in PvP. Titans are ok in both areas. I think they need a little love.

Either way I think Bungie needs to try to balance the classes towards Warlocks. I think they are the most balance class right now I'm both aspects of the game.

When I can run a better melee / CQC build with a Sunsinger OR Voidwalker compared to a Titan, there is something wrong.

So I kind of missed the discussion around the new Iron Banner info in the last thread. What were the general thoughts on IB armor taking you to 30? I'm a fan of it (as well as some of the other changes).

LiK

I'm just horrible at PvP (I blame lag. Whatever, helps me sleep at night) so I wouldn't want her getting pissed at me then entire time.

The +25 K/D spread for the Invective is basically the worst thing ever for me. I'll never get it.

Oh, that bounty? Not hard as you think. Play a few matches and check progress. It goes up pretty fast.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm sunbro and my experience is reverse in Hard VoG. Titans and Hunters biting the dirt first because they got overconfident against super hobgoblin or preto. Only times I really may need my resurrection is during Gatekeeper if I do misplay with relic against preto or get sniped to back during pick up.

What would make them overconfident though? I have to agree, and have been saying all along, that sunbros die first in raids. Yes, of course, there are exceptions, but if my life was on the line, and I had to pick which class would have a death first, all else being equal, my money is easily on the sunbro.

Of course, I did a hard raid this weekend, and we had no sunbros! It was sad/weird.

Bizazedo

Why? Everything else worthwhile already has been there, just have him sell Mytho and Thunder and we are set for DLC.

Also do people actively reload cancel in PvP? For me it has become automatic habit each time I reload weapons.
Mainly because it surpasses every other heavy weapon and it's boring if everyone uses the same weapon. I'm using Truth right now to help level it up and it's fun and I do decently with it, but I don't go on Reign of Terror runs with it.

Get a Vanquisher VIII or a Shadow Price and stick the Thunderlord in and you're good to go.

The only thing that makes me feel somewhat better is the amount of morons in Control who are oblivious to the heavy ammo spawn. It's unreal.

What did I do to deserve this? ;_;
That's the best kind of score, shows you can kick ass while being a lone wolf :). Usually crap teams drag even good people down.

Voidwalker is great in the raid. Praetorian never saw me coming.

Also my main being a Hunter means I already learnt not to rely on self-res.
Bolded is why you're good, not the Voidwalker part ;).

This is so good because it allows you to lock down a side from a praetorian before they even step foot out of the spawn point usually, and they cant fire at you during this time. It's a free and easy kill.

But my troops, they need ammo.

What would make them overconfident though? I have to agree, and have been saying all along, that sunbros die first in raids. Yes, of course, there are exceptions, but if my life was on the line, and I had to pick which class would have a death first, all else being equal, my money is easily on the sunbro.

It's hilarious, it's almost always the Sunbros or the newbies.

Or the newbies who are Sunbros.

Tovarisc

So I kind of missed the discussion around the new Iron Banner info in the last thread. What were the general thoughts on IB armor taking you to 30? I'm a fan of it (as well as some of the other changes).

IB armor won't take you to 30. IB will give only 2 parts of Light 30 armor so you will need one more from raid + exotic.

Another day, still no Crucible match in which I didn't lag horribly or get disconnected :(

No idea what's up, worked fine before Saturday other games give no problem.

You can't be as bad as that guy. Stick with your team and always keep an eye on your radar, you'll get i just fine.

Oh, that bounty? Not hard as you think. Play a few matches and check progress. It goes up pretty fast.

Um... yeah...

So, it also goes down pretty fast too ;)

I was at +9 after one match, thinking I was on my way, and then BAM, that all got erased in the next match.

ethomaz

Banned
There will be two types of gears that have Light +30... so you will can use them to reach lvl 30 instead the Raid gears... well you need one Raid gear and one Exotic yet but now you have more options.

The gears seems like Chest and Gloves.

PS. It is a good chance to change gears stats or variate the look... I want to see these gears because my Raid gears are all about INT.

FrankT

I had the Templer horrible lagfest fight this week as well. Required a reset even.

Bungie needs to tell us what they are patching very early this week.

patchday

Again, though, that's just a crutch and you shouldn't be dying. When I do hard mode, 99% of the time it's a warlock dying first and self-reviving, for whatever reason. It doesn't help the team much, outside of the fact that the warlock died and is now alive. I've found the titan bubble using for the damage buff, saving/defending a conflux, saving someone from a praetorian, or even using the blinding nades on a praetorian. If I was doing a progression raid, though, warlocks are king.

Hunters are, of course, last. I still love you hunter, and that's my main, but it's the truth :)

I agree with him for whatever my opinion might be worth.

E92 M3

What do you guys think about the MIDI Multi Tool? I just unlocked the second perk and the speed is nice, but is it worth it over the VOC (which I don't have yet)?

IB armor wonät take you to 30. IB will give only 2 parts of Light 30 armor so you will need one more from raid + exotic.
There will be two types of gears that have Light +30... so you will can use them to reach lvl 30 instead the Raid gears... well you need one Raid gear and one Exotic yet but now you have more options.

PS. It is a good chance to change gears stats or variate the look... I want to see these gears because my Raid gears are all about INT.

Gotcha. I think it's a good step though.

LiK

What do you guys think about the MIDI Multi Tool? I just unlocked the second perk and the speed is nice, but is it worth it over the VOC (which I don't have yet)?

VOC considered best cuz of full auto. I like the Mida for PVE. Not sure how it fares in PVP tho.

Bizazedo

Because you know where it spans and you camp there waiting for the easy kill.

It's always good to figure out if / when you're playing against a Clan / premade. Heard the call for heavy ammo go out, creeped up on a spawn, and Nova Bombed 4 of them.

They dropped so much Heavy Ammo since I got them after they opened the chest it fed my Thunderlord the rest of the match.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

No primary exotic is worth an exotic slot slot over what an exotic in the special/heavy categories can give you. None.

(in PvE)

hydruxo

If anything, sunbros are the ones who are overconfident knowing that they have a res in their pocket. Hunters and titans gotta play it safe or else they are done. I'm sure you are a good sunbro, but the truth is its human nature to get complacent when you know you have another chance at it. Some people are more aware of that than others are.

I wish they had something in PvE that would get you to 30 without relying on RNG. I'm kind of getting tired of all the PvP focus.

realcZk

MIDA is fun, fast movement is cool and radar while ADS is nice. The VoC puts out slightly higher DPS (100-300 more) according to some comparison data. VoC also has solar damage and is not an exotic so it will destroy mobs when solar burn is active and it doesn't take up your weapon exotic slot. Overall the VoC is a better rifle.

http://www.destinygundamage.info/#/compare

VoC full auto + stability perk makes it an amazing weapon especially for precision shots. If you get it it would be better than the MIDA since it's also legendary thus freeing an exotic slot.

Bizazedo

Hmm is that really the case?
Yes, Titan melee is terrible and I don't understand why when we're supposed to be the bruiser / melee types.

And shoulderblock sucks.
I agree with him for whatever my opinion might be worth.
I got disagreed with vigorously about Sunbros not being, theoretically, the best for progression raids after you have your minimum number of Titans / Hunters.

They may have disagreed due to the plethora of bad Sunbros, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom