• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

I am dreading tomorrow. This thread becomes non-stop begging for Atheon checkpoints and cheese. Also, random people from my friends list join my games any time I set foot inside a raid. Really getting tired of that.

Yeah. It's so dumb that they don't / can't hotfix or patch during the resets.

Also, that takes some balls to join people without even asking when it's obvious they're doing a raid.

LiK

RE: Melee builds

Both Warlock classes have improved reach of their melee, which is an obvious first point in their favor.

Sunsingers get an overshield on hit while Defenders have to kill the enemy in order to get their overshield. Granted Defenders can opt for regenerating their Force Barrier or have lightning fast reloads, still the Sunsinger wins out because it should activate their barrier more often.

Voidwalkers even moreso. They have the excellent Energy Drain tree where on hit reduces the cool-down of grenades. You can use the options additionally reduce Nova Bomb cool-down or receive a significant portion of your health on kill, but that is a bonus -- the effect still activates on hit. Defender Titans don't have that.

If you choose the Nova Bomb cool-down option, and then take Embrace The Void skill perk, Nova Bomb AND grenade hits (not even kills) activate Energy Drain (without even using the melee), which further reduces the cool-down of grenades. You can use The Hunger to further increase the duration of Energy Drain, or wear the Skull of Dire Ahamkara (which I have). This way you can have Energy Drain being activated almost consistently.

So you can theoretically run an all Intellect / Strength build on the Voidwalker and still have ~25 second grenade cool-downs, plus almost stupid-fast Nova Bomb cool-downs and fast melee cool-downs. The Skull of Dire Ahamkara further reduces Nova Bomb cool-downs on grenade kills.

It's a wonderful CQC build and I just started using the Warlock more frequently.

Yep, like I said, it's a joke that Titans are considered the tank class from what you just said.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just got vision of confluence this weekend on my first raid run. What's the best perks for it, stability or field scout? I've been using field scout, but haven't given the stability upgrade a try just yet.

Then... give it a try...and see which one is better for you? It doesn't cost you anything to try.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I understand the complaints about Titan melee and maybe they do need some kind of buff, but would Force Barrier not be OP if it activated on hit? I feel like they must have tried it that way at some point in development.

EL CUCO

We should party up. I'm sure we can find a few more. Getting past the Confluxes is a bit of a pain, but we can do it.

No, I was just monkeying around at the Gatekeepers yesterday. Saw you guys already had 6 so I didn't attempt to crash the party.

I'll be on by 5pm Central if you're interested, and am flexible with time.

I was going to send you an invite but I figured you partied up with other people.

All I got was Ass...in the complete run, yesterday. Everyone is probably tired of me saying it too lol :/

3 Myhtoclasts dropped
1 Fatebringer
1 Praedyth's Foil
Some Raid gear
Raid ships
And I got Ass...(last time I say it)

I'll be on after I get home from work. Probably 9pm EDT. I think that's 8pm your time.

neoism

So for the 5th time me asking would some bros please help me with the normal Raid.. I've done it once before with a good group... I have the last boss checkpoint.... or we can start over I dont care...

PSN ne0ism-
Level 27 Hunter

friend me message me or post in the thread...

Tovarisc

I understand the complaints about Titan melee and maybe they do need some kind of buff, but would Force Barrier not be OP if it activated on hit? I feel like they must have tried it that way at some point in development.

Because "Shoulder Charge" that is next to impossible stop before you are toast is underpowered?

Mkay... Hell I have seen Titans fly with that shit right to their targets on roof of building and OHKg their ass. It's just bonkers.

I want something like that for my Wlock!

commish

Also, that takes some balls to join people without even asking when it's obvious they're doing a raid.

Yeah I've had to start removing people from my friends list because of it. Just this weekend I was doing a hard run, and someone had to leave, and within 3 minutes of them leaving, someone from my friends list just hopped into the raid as a level 27 (or maybe 28) in a hard mode raid. At least send me a note or something.

Steroyd

Yes it would unlike Flame shield, you can regenerate it with another melee kill, Titan's would be all but invincible if they made that little change.

MADGAME

I was going to send you an invite but I figured you partied up with other people.

All I got was Ass...in the complete run, yesterday. Everyone is probably tired of me saying it too lol :/

3 Myhtoclasts dropped
1 Fatebringer
1 Praedyth's Foil
Some Raid gear
Raid ships
And I got Ass...(last time I say it)

I'll be on after I get home from work. Probably 9pm EDT. I think that's 8pm your time.

If you were out at club/bar that would be a great score but not so much in the Raid. At least we have another roll available. Sounds good, I'll be on. No matter what I may doing, that will be priority for me.

Bizazedo

Warlocks activate on hit now.

I have no ideas, though, because to your point, it could tip Titans into being OP very quickly.

Because "Shoulder Charge" that is next to impossible stop before you are toast is underpowered?

Mkay... Hell I have seen Titans fly with that shit right to their targets on roof of building and OHKg their ass. It's just bonkers.

Shoulder Charge is a lot of fun, but it's ass. I get no added durability when I'm running around. It's only advantages are the lag that maybe makes it so I don't eat a shotgun blast.

There's no reason to choose it if you're trying to play your best over making you tougher during Fist of Havoc or even Juggernaut (for certain builds).

All I need for my warlock is a pair of raid boots for 30. What are the chances RNGesus provides this week?

All i needed last weekend was gloves... and i got those... so there's hope! Full set of raid armor on one lock... raid and exotic helmet or raid and exotic gloves on another lock. The raid has given me lots of raid pieces.

Hoodbury

I wonder if it's another PvP vs PvE balance factor. Does anyone know if the Titan melee hits harder than the other two classes in PvE? Similar to how the Hunter blade master is awesome in PvP but kinda sucky in PvE? Maybe Titan Melee is the opposite, better in PvE but worse in PvP?

commish

If you were out at club/bar that would be a great score but not so much in the Raid. At least we have another roll available. Sounds good, I'll be on. No matter what I may doing, that will be priority for me.

I've done this with all of my characters but I'll help you out with confluxes if I'm on tonight and the gf hasn't come over yet.

Bizazedo

I wonder if it's another PvP vs PvE balance factor. Does anyone know if the Titan melee hits harder than the other two classes in PvE? Similar to how the Hunter blade master is awesome in PvP but kinda sucky in PvE? Maybe Titan Melee is the opposite, better in PvE but worse in PvP?

I don't think it does, but I haven't raided with my Warlock. It might. On trash mobs on the planets it seems the same, but they don't exactly have a huge pool of HP.

ocean

Banned
Both my Titan and Warlock have Raid Helm and Boots along with Exotic Gauntlets/Chest to chose from.

This means if either of my characters get chest or gauntlets I'll finally be set for level 30. I really hope this reset lets me crack 30 on at least one of my characters. Fingers crossed!also, Vision of Confluence pretty please raid?

BraXzy

I was one kill away from getting the K/D section of the Invective bounty done in a single match :(

Halfway through getting special ammo synthesis. I keep running out of Glimmer ffs.

MADGAME

I've done this with all of my characters but I'll help you out with confluxes if I'm on tonight and the gf hasn't come over yet.

Oh man that would be most appreciated and welcomed! If we get a Fireteam together I'll send you an invite to see if you're available.

Thanks!

LiK

Shoulder charge still needs momentum to activate. It isn't a power you just switch on at the last minute. and it can miss/only hit one guy so it's not as good as compared to Bladedancer.

broony

Send me invite if you have spare... Im on your friends list already and we raided normal together last week. Upgraded my hunter legendary armors to 29 so I can do hard raid.

Will do

This is going to be hard without any 30s

Hard Mode Rain tonight 8:30 UK / 4:30 Eastern US

1. Megabroon (29 Warlock)
2. Seep_UK (29 Warlock)
3. ZonySUX
4. Arassuil (29 Hunter)
5.gunawi (Hunter 29)

Steroyd

Tomorrow is share play firmware day, which means I won't be stuck on the platforming section on the raid for as long anymore. :)

Sullichin

What did I do to deserve this? ;_;

B09eTFzIAAA4FMo.jpg:large
I've had scores > 7000 where my team somehow lost. it's the worst because I just assume we're kicking ass at some point and then i'm like, what the fuck do you mean my light wasn't strong enough

I wasn't able to raid at all this week, but I'm free all afternoon. I should be hone in the next hour or so. Is anyone going to be doing a raid that needs a level 28 sunsinger warlock?

So for the 5th time me asking would some bros please help me with the normal Raid.. I've done it once before with a good group... I have the last boss checkpoint.... or we can start over I dont care...

PSN ne0ism-
Level 27 Hunter

I can help you out if you have a group going :) also depends on what time as well. I have to do some studying later on today or I might be sleeping but send me a pm on here or message whenever you are ready.

list of why i'm "quitting" pvp if anyone cares

-shotguns
-fusion rifles being long ranged shotguns
-abundance of special ammo that lets people run around with these the whole game
-excess of corners on all the maps that makes this the most effective way to play
-machine guns that kill you in 3 bullets from across the map. and there's enough ammo to get over a dozen more.
-lag
-hits and kills not registering
-blink's existence
-overshields
-warlock melees giving them an overshield
-warlock axiom bolts following you like stray dogs
-warlock fusion grenades basically being invisible
-titan shoulder charge
-titan fist of havok surviving rockets and being unvaoidable even if they miss you
-titan defender shield blocking chokepoints
-hunter blade dancers
-hunter flux grenade homing even if they throw a foul
-spawning into a gunslinger who just killed you before his 10 seconds run out
-being forced to stay on the ground to try and stop these players or your bullets will suddenly be inaccurate
-lag
-afkers
-teammates completely ignoring heavy ammo
-matching full parties as a random
-playing the same map over and over again
-clash on first light or bastion going on for ages
-control on firebase delphi or rusted lands
-anything on twilight gap, blind watch or exodus blue
-pikes being able to go in buildings
-joining the same match in progress after leaving it once before
-not knowing what map you're playing on until it loads, especially if you join mid-game (don't even know the gametype in combined arms until the game starts)
-spawning on the same spawn point for the entire match
-dumb pvp bounties with no in-game context
-lagging or being randomly disconnected when you end up in a good game for a change

unless i'm in a party in skirmish i'm turning in the towel on this one. way too much bullshit and i no longer have the energy to offer constructive criticism nor the patience and time to stick around and wait for a miracle to turn it around. just feels like i'm playing an inconsistent mess that's consistently frustrating.

Steroyd

Will do

This its going to be hard without any 30s

Hard Mode Rain tonight 8:30 UK / 4:30 Eastern US

1. Megabroon (29 Warlock)
2. Seep_UK (29 Warlock)
3. ZonySUX
4. Arassuil (29 Hunter)
5.gunawi (Hunter 29)

Question, is it okay if my level-could-be-28 warlock gets carried until after the Templar section?

I'll happily switch to my level 30 titan for the 2nd half, I just want those 2 bites of getting raid gear for my alts so bad. T_T

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes it would unlike Flame shield, you can regenerate it with another melee kill, Titan's would be all but invincible if they made that little change.
So it would activate on hit... then recharge on kill, then on the next kill... right, that probably didn't last long in the dev phases.
Warlocks activate on hit now.
Right, and Flame Shield is amazing, but there are no modifiers for it in the tree at all (it, itself is actually a choice in the column, albeit the best one). The Force Barrier modifiers are quite good.
I have no ideas, though, because to your point, it could tip Titans into being OP very quickly
That's what I'm saying
Shoulder Charge is a lot of fun, but it's ass. I get no added durability when I'm running around. It's only advantages are the lag that maybe makes it so I don't eat a shotgun blast.

There's no reason to choose it if you're trying to play your best over making you tougher during Fist of Havoc or even Juggernaut (for certain builds).
I get killed by it all the time though ;_; But I can buy it needing a slight buff or whatever.
Well, titans can certainly beat the crap out of blinded minotaurs from Flashbangs or in a Saint-14 helm'd bubble.

I dunno, I imagine that for melee any buff could improve them in PvP without overbalancing for PvE. Sadly, melee is frequently not viable for any class in PvE due to the Lightswitch mod, or, say, pools of poison on the ground or enemies that explode when you kill them...

The last 3 raids (Normal last week, Normal then Hard this week), completed all including Hardmode Atheon cheese, but could not beat HardMode GateKeeper.

100% Shards and Energy when I don't include a 2nd Sparrow. Still no primary. Hoping I can get lucky soon since my group is so close to beating hard mode all the way with only 1 L30 and all the rest L29s.

commish

Oh man that would be most appreciated and welcomed! If we get a Fireteam together I'll send you an invite to see if you're available.

Thanks!

I held that right side down by myself last time!

We should set up a weekly hard mode run with a set team. Lot easier to just pound the raids out the first day or two they become available with a set team.

PSN ne0ism-
Level 27 Hunter

Happy to add you as an alt if someone drops out of our normal group tonight. Running at 8:30 PM EST.

LiK

-shotguns
-fusion rifles
-abundance of special ammo that lets people run around with these the whole game
-lag
-hits and kills not registering
-blink
-warlock melees
-warlock axiom bolts
-warlock fusion grenades
-titan shoulder charge
-titan fist of havok
-titan defender shield
-hunter blade dancers
-hunter flux grenade
-lag
-being forced to stay on the ground to engage players accurately
-afkers
-teammates completely ignoring heavy ammo
-matching full parties as a random
-playing the same map over and over again
-clash on first light or bastion
-control on firebase delphi or rusted lands
-anything on twilight gap, blind watch or exodus blue
-pikes being able to go in buildings
-joining the same match in progress after leaving it once before
-not knowing what map you're playing on until it loads (don't even know the gametype in combined arms until the game starts)
-spawning on the same spawn point for the entire match
-dumb pvp bounties with no in-game context
-lagging or being randomly disconnected when you end up in a good game for a change

unless i'm in a party in skirmish i'm turning in the towel on this one. way too much bullshit and i no longer have the energy to offer constructive criticism nor the patience and time to stick around and wait for a miracle to turn it around. just feels like i'm playing an inconsistent mess that's consistently frustrating.

Let's do Skirmish.

Tovarisc

I was one kill away from getting the K/D section of the Invective bounty done in a single match :(

Halfway through getting special ammo synthesis. I keep running out of Glimmer ffs.

Only if game had trading...

I'm constantly hitting 25k cap with no idea into what sink it.

Shoulder charge still needs momentum to activate. It isn't a power you just switch on at the last minute. and it can miss/only hit one guy so it's not as good as compared to Bladedancer.

To be fair Bladedancer excels only because of its insanely imbalanced super.

Yes, I have one of those bad boys and it turns into ludicrous godmode killing machine when I pop dancing on. That feeling of power when enemies desperately try to get away or those poor fools who stay and fight.

MADGAME

I held that right side down by myself last time!

We should set up a weekly hard mode run with a set team. Lot easier to just pound the raids out the first day or two they become available with a set team.

Nice. You were beasting that right side last we did it too. I feel comfortable on either side, but I do believe the right is a bit trickier since it's all close quarters. The left has one distant spawn point, and you have long straight fire lines too.

I will sign my name on the weekly Hard team.

realcZk

-it sucks

yeah, pvp is pretty bad. skirmish is the only playable pvp game mode imo, and i have lots of fun with that in groups. anything else is a waste of time for me. I feel like almost any pvp game released in the past 5 years is better than destiny pvp.

LiK

Only if game had trading...

I'm constantly hitting 25k cap with no idea into what sink it.

To be fair Bladedancer excels only because of its insanely imbalanced super.

Yes, I have one of those bad boys and it turns into ludicrous godmode killing machine when I pop dancing on. That feeling of power when enemies desperately try to get away or those poor fools who stay and fight.

Which is why I save my Titan Smash for Bladedancers. Very satisfying.

Tovarisc

Which is why I save my Titan Smash for Bladedancers. Very satisfying.

Design of one class and one super is very flawed if its presence on map basically makes every opponent hold on to their supers just in case dancer shows up, no?

Hell I have seen dancer take RPG to face and survive it or that time when I massacred whole enemy team while being blinded by flashbang. They weren't clumped up or didn't fire at me.

LiK

Design of one class and one super is very flawed if its presence on map basically makes every opponent hold on to their supers just in case dancer shows up, no?

Hell I have seen dancer take RPG to face and survive it or that time when I massacred whole enemy team while being blinded by flashbang. They weren't clumped up or didn't fire at me.

Titan Smash is flexible which is why I like it for PVP. Taking out a group or one lonely Bladedancer is satisfying either way.

commish

Nice. You were beasting that right side last we did it too. I feel comfortable on either side, but I do believe the right is a bit trickier since it's all close quarters. The left has one distant spawn point, and you have long straight fire lines too.

I will sign my name on the weekly Hard team.

Yeah I feel more comfortable on the left because you can see everything coming at you. I get blindsided on the right sometimes. Of course, I've done both a number of times. All except middle.

I'll look into setting up a dedicated hard mode raid group. Have some guys I regularly run with that might be interested as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is only a good idea for Voidwalkers and Strikers. It's an outright death sentence for Sunsingers, Bladedancers and Defenders to panic-hit their supers in reaction to Bladedancer and Gunslinger becomes a matter of distance for two shots.
Here are some screenshots of me killing bladedancers during arc blade:
none of which even involved heavy weaponry. that last one he didn't even get to kill anyone with it. so what are we really talking about here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom