• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Ok, one's dropped out. We need one more for a flawless run to start ASAP.

Leaving approx 8pm gmt

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) lvl 30 Titan
2. ethomaz lvl 30 Warlock
3. ComputerMkII lvl 30 Titan
5. *Splinter (BOL-EvilSplinter) lvl 30 Hunter
6. Tovarisc lvl 30 Warlock

I'm in bro.

PSN bitmapfrogs

Have a 30 titan and warlock.

I'm basically going to be solo-ing the weekly 28 for 9 strange coins on all my 3 characters. If you want to tag along and NOT DIE let me know. My psn is Darryl_M_R (ps4)

the cheese only exacerbated the fundamental problems with the game's short-sighted level system and random loot. there's over a month left until new content comes, but it's going to be more of the same considering that it was way in development when the game shipped. that'll be exhausted in under a month and then it's the same thing all over again.

True. The solution is play other games! I see a lot of people on my friends list doing VOG almost every day or every other day with alts and even deleting and making new alts. Without loot it's like pulling teeth for me, but there are people that really enjoy it.

Deku Tree

Vanguard or Cruicible Quarter Master. You will get their respective rep and marks assuming you have hit the required level. Rep I think you ear from the start on alts, but you still have to hit lvl 18 for marks. Turning in 50 mats to the Crucible Quartermaster is the only way to get Crucible Marks in PvE. So fucking stupid that all three optional factions take Crucible Marks only. This fucking game, art direction polished by savants, basic logical systems polished by dullards.

Yup. They should allow you to hold 400 total marks (or better 500) with no distinction between crucible and vanguard. You should be able to earn rep separately for both, and you should be able to put on a thing that lets you choose which one you want to earn rep for including PvE... so they should make it so that you could be playing PvP and earning the rep for the Vanguard quartermaster and vice versa...

*edit I've never cared about speed runs or flawless raider type stuff so I'm definitely not the person repeated raiding was meant for. I'll do it once a week until I have the gear I want.

i guess that's the hole they dug themselves into. the content is so dull, inconsistent and at times abusive of the player that if you aren't being constantly goaded with a stick and enticed with a carrot, there's no reason to replay it again. it's basically the exact opposite of bungie's previous games.

True. The solution is play other games! I see a lot of people on my friends list doing VOG almost every day or DVD y other day. Without loot it's like pulling teeth for me.

video games are too expensive for me to buy one that isn't going to last more than 2 weeks. for the last 7 years i've played bungie games almost exclusively because they were worth replaying. i'd love to play others, but i'm not paying $40-$60 to beat a game and then put it on a shelf.

*Splinter

I feel like the raid is pointless now. everybody's cheesing it and once they hit 30 there's no reason to go back and do it anymore. the challenge is sullied, and if you don't already have everything you want, you'll be at odds with RNG.

it's a shame because it's the last piece of content i feel like logging on daily for. i don't care for loot or trophies; i'd be content running it over and over again to beat personal records. but the community doesn't seem to take the actual encounters seriously so it seems like a waste.
I share your frustrations with the 'community', but people are still raiding. I've been playing with a mix of groups, from first timers to flawless attempts. It's the only part of Destiny I play now, and I'm down for any personal records/challenges you can think of. Add me: BOL-EvilSplinter

I'm pretty chill when I play Raids so I can restart all night. It's good practice anyway. But I'll definitely settle for first try heh

Patience and chill attitude will go a long way to getting this down. I'm sure I could handle multiple tries in a night too.

jadedm17

I wish they would, it sucks that it's like every other game or two that you'll get a single blue item or whatever. I think it's Bungie's thinking though that the gameplay of fighting real players is the main "reward" instead of doing the repetitive strikes over and over for 5-6 engrams

The grind for loot is real in Strikes, and I always get a little excited turning in my stockpile of engrams after a hour or two of Tiger, but that's basically all that motivates me. It definitely isn't killing the same boss for the 20th time or running with silent team mates through trash mobs.

As much as the crucible can suck it's way more engaging than Tiger. If they gave me consistent engrams and rewards I'd probably never go back to strikes outside of bounties and the like, even if I was missing out on the loot dropped during the strike itself.

Don't farm, save and buy what you want then do nightfall/VOG for the best stuff.
Don't play with randoms, use Gaf of destiny tracker to find people to play with. As mentioned I'm on ps4: notjaded
I'm doing crucible now but I'll happily do nightfall, weekly or cheese Atheon later tonight for items. That's what I've been doing for my less level friends.

Afrocious

Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence are the best raid guns I've gotten, and this is even after finally getting the Mythoclast.

Those three, and Praydeth's Revenge, but Ice Breaker is my main sniper rifle.

E92 M3

Yup. They should allow you to hold 400 total marks (or better 500) with no distinction between crucible and vanguard. You should be able to earn rep separately for both, and you should be able to put on a thing that lets you choose which one you want to earn rep for including PvE... so they should make it so that you could be playing PvP and earning the rep for the Vanguard quartermaster and vice versa...

Yes, they need to increase the cap limit. And weekly limit to at least 150. I hit vanguard by Wednesday or Thursday usually.

Just got the stability perk unlocked on my AE but haven't had a chance to go test it out.

I've heard that makes it like a completely different gun. Any thoughts there? Will I like it more now that it's not a total spray-n-pray shit show?

LiK

Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence are the best raid guns I've gotten, and this is even after finally getting the Mythoclast.

VoC and AE is all I really want. Glad they're normal drops so I can retry with less pain.

ethomaz

Banned
Would rather have a 29-30 if possible. Do you have any other classes?

-

Need one more for a flawless run rep leave asap.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) lvl 30 Titan
2. ethomaz lvl 30 Warlock
3. ComputerMkII lvl 30 Titan
4. *Splinter (BOL-EvilSplinter) lvl 30 Hunter
5. Tovarisc lvl 30 Warlock
Well I can't enter in your fireteam... it gives me a message that it is full when I accept you invite.

Edit - The tower was full, not your fireteam.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Everytime someone posts they got Mythoclast..

Crying.gif

the cheese only exacerbated the fundamental problems with the game's short-sighted level system and random loot. there's over a month left until new content comes, but it's going to be more of the same considering that it was way in development when the game shipped. that'll be exhausted in under a month and then it's the same thing all over again.

Under a month? Lol try a week or two...

I think people need to stop seeing the game as a RPG and then maybe the typical replayability of most FPSes would return. Because everyone is focused on getting to 30 and getting one gun as quickly/easily as possible, when they hit those milestones all interest flies out the window.

This is the problem with that loot shit. I think the game's foundation is good so I think even if the raid stopped being a bitch and dropped gauntlets for me tomorrow I'd still play it after hitting 30 but it's really the fault of Bungie for being all "loot-loot-loot notrpg tho become legenedlol" when there simply wasn't enough of it in this game and it messed up expectations.

What do you use as your heavy weapon normally if you're using your exotic in your special weapon slot?

Yes, they need to increase the cap limit. And weekly limit to at least 150. I hit vanguard by Wednesday or Thursday usually.

The need more guns to buy too. I think have every single Vanguard gun now. Spending marks just to dismantling guns for energy is not exciting. If those marks could go towards the faction vendors it would be great.

Namikaze1

I just need to get the rewards from the Oracle and Templar phases and the gorgon chest from hard on my Warlock. I need that damn pistol!

Under a month? Lol try a week or two...

I think people need to stop seeing the game as a RPG and then maybe the typical replayability of most FPSes would return. Because everyone is focused on getting to 30 and getting one gun as quickly/easily as possible, when they hit those milestones all interest flies out the window.

This is the problem with that loot shit. I think the game's foundation is good so I think even if the raid stopped being a bitch and dropped gauntlets for me tomorrow I'd still play it after hitting 30 but it's really the fault of Bungie for being all "loot-loot-loot notrpg tho become legenedlol" when there simply wasn't enough of it in this game and it messed up expectations.

without the RPG mechanics, it's a medicore shooter. every multiplayer gametype is deathmatch and the majority of the maps and levels are lousy. raid is "fun" when you've gone through a website to find players and are not lagging after the fact.

no community tools
no control over game modes
no way to play with more than 5 friends

it's not even half of a shooter - at least not one to expect in 2014.

Afrocious

Everytime someone posts they got Mythoclast..

Crying.gif

I know that feel. I just got mine this weekend. That was the final thing I wanted out of Heroic VoG, and I gotta say the gun kinda sucks now compared to a maxed out VoC. It definitely isn't worth equipping to replace the Ice Breaker, which is my main secondary weapon.

I mean, it's better to have it than to not have it since Bungie wants to buff it for PvE. However, it'll have to outclass my VoC + Ice Breaker combo to do so. Their idea is to make the Vex viable for the Hive raid. The problem I see is that the raid will most likely deal with Solar-based shields and enemies. VoC + Ice Breaker destroys Wizards.

Sykane

Just got the stability perk unlocked on my AE but haven't had a chance to go test it out.

I've heard that makes it like a completely different gun. Any thoughts there? Will I like it more now that it's not a total spray-n-pray shit show?

Made all the difference in the world for me. My main weapon is The Devil You Know, so when I first started using AE I absolutely hated it. Once the stability perk unlocked (along with the damage perks), the gun has become 100% better, to me atleast. Still could use more impact, but its no longer an absolute joke shooting anything outside of 10 feet away.

Greenymac

DITTO!!!

That and Praedyth's Revenge. Then my weapon cache is complete.

Now if I could get some raid armor to drop... just a little... any, actually...

I got praedyths revenge on my first raid...Got found verdict and praetorians foil yesterday after the templar, but no fatebringer...Shit is killing me man. Ive already got the raid armor i needed so im sitting at level 30 still missing 3 handcannons I really want. Fatebringer, TLW and hawkmoon.

Don't farm, save and buy what you want then do nightfall/VOG for the best stuff.
Don't play with randoms, use Gaf of destiny tracker to find people to play with. As mentioned I'm on ps4: notjaded
I'm doing crucible now but I'll happily do nightfall, weekly or cheese Atheon later tonight for items. That's what I've been doing for my less level friends.

Oh nah, lol I'm actually just a pair of gauntlets away from 30. I meant I engram farm in Tiger mostly for the off chance of getting strange coins/ ass mats/ legendaries to break down into ass mats/ exotics.

If I could do something similar in PVP I'd never go back to Tiger because PVE is fucking dull outside of the raid.

Afrocious

What do you use as your heavy weapon normally if you're using your exotic in your special weapon slot?

I use The Swarm or Corrective Measure (mainly The Swarm since I've upgraded it farther).

My PvE setups are like this:

Normal:

VoC
Ice Breaker
The Swarm

Defending portals/solo'ing Gatekeepers:

VoC
Praydeth's Revenge
Gjallarhorn

An upgraded Fatebringer might be a worthy replacement for my VoC, but we'll see.

E92 M3

The need more guns to buy too. I think have every single Vanguard gun now. Spending marks just to dismantling guns for energy is not exciting. If those marks could go towards the faction vendors it would be great.

I only bought the shadow price from the vendors. Everything else was for shards. I actually like getting shards lol.

Kalamari

I won't stop running the raid until I have at least:

Fatebringer
2x Timebreaker
Titan Gauntlets
Atheon's Epilogue
Corrective Measure

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Holy shit dude, still didn't get it?
Nope, I'm up to 16 Atheon kills. I think Dengatron (I think that's his username) is pretty much in the same boat as me.
Take solace in the fact it sucks now, brotha.
I don't. :( I've been trying to get it for too long.
My poor man, I felt your pain... until I got the Mythoclast last week :D
Damn you....congrats.
I know that feel. I just got mine this weekend. That was the final thing I wanted out of Heroic VoG, and I gotta say the gun kinda sucks now compared to a maxed out VoC. It definitely isn't worth equipping to replace the Ice Breaker, which is my main secondary weapon.

I mean, it's better to have it than to not have it since Bungie wants to buff it for PvE. However, it'll have to outclass my VoC + Ice Breaker combo to do so. Their idea is to make the Vex viable for the Hive raid. The problem I see is that the raid will most likely deal with Solar-based shields and enemies. VoC + Ice Breaker destroys Wizards.
Yeah, until I leveled my warlock it was the last thing I wanted. It's more of a just to get it type of thing since I've wanted it before the nerf. Once I get it I can stop doing the raid on my titan and just do it once a week trying to get my warlock to 30.

Mytho is great in Rumble.

I'm sorry Bunta. :(

Lol, yeah, I really still want to try it in crucible even though Suros is supposed to be better.

SAiLO

Went to play some Control on Crucible with my trusty Thorn. End of the round... BANG!
I get THE LAST WORD!

Two exotic hand cannons in inventory now.

RNG loves me.

I love my life.

jadedm17

Oh nah, lol I'm actually just a pair of gauntlets away from 30. I meant I engram farm in Tiger mostly for the off chance of getting strange coins/ ass mats/ legendaries to break down into ass mats/ exotics.

If I could do something similar in PVP I'd never go back to Tiger because PVE is fucking dull outside of the raid.

After weekly and nightfall I usually just do my daily story and public event and have enough motes/coins for most weeks. Trying to get coins and motes I didn't think of, that makes sense. Hoping for any decent weapons or gear doesn't. Shards I usually just keep rebuying vanguard/crucible gear and tearing it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom