• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cømet

Banned
Everytime someone posts they got Mythoclast..

Crying.gif

I feel you. All that work and it just gives you shards.

I just wanna make pew pew noises in PvE :(

I've never gotten a group to get past Gatekeepers on Hard. What's the current best Gatekeeper strategy. Here's what we were trying.

• Snipe the gatekeeper from outside the door.
  • Sprint to the left plate which will despawn adds
  • Have 3 in / 3 out or 4 in, 2 out and hold the plate.
  • Once the portal team is back, clear the left plate
  • Split up: two defending the conflux, two on Right plate duty, two on Right portal duty.
  • Once portal team is back, defend the conflux for ~1 minute.

I think we have been too low level for it (no 30s, one 28), but is there something better?

Yesterday, we had 3 29s and 3 30s. We did 2 on left plate, 1 in left portal, 2 on right plate, 1 in right portal, all simultaneous. Dropped a Weapons of Light Bubble outside in the middle for both portal goers so they could get the gatekeeper down faster.

No point of buying those when the Fatebringer is in the game =/ At least my view.

IDK, I want Fatebring obvs, but I have a LHF two upgrades short of being maxed yet I still kinda wanna buy TDYK because of everyone here always talking it up. It seems pretty close statswise to my LHF which also has the radar perk but that word of mouth tho.

SkylineRKR

Yeah I bought my shadow price, but I use it instead of the Suros too. I think we have quite similar taste in weapons...Add me. We should kill shit together sometime.

I have a Shadow Price with Field Scout, and only need to level 3 damage upgrades. But the Suros is just a far better shot. Especially with its upgrades on. Its much, much more stable and bullets hit harder.

Granted, SP is not exotic so when I need Ice Breaker or something I go SP.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
IDK, I want Fatebring obvs, but I have a LHF two upgrades short of being maxed yet I still kinda wanna buy TDYK because of everyone here always talking it up. It seems pretty close statswise to my LHF which also has the radar perk but that word of mouth tho.

LHF is easily the best handcannon in the game. Easily.

Victrix

*beard*

Fatebringer is nearly identical statwise to TDYK, it's only really unique perk is Firefly, which is kinda meh. A well rolled TDYK or LHF is just as good for pve.

The Chance from FWC has the same stats, but an inexplicable 6 round chamber that makes it pretty pointless.

Afrocious

The 28 and two 29s could never reliably hold the sync plates, so I never could figure out the grander strategy. Is what I posted the typical, best flow if I can get a better team together tonight?

Huh, so they can't hold the portals? That 28 is in a bad spot period. I wouldn't be level 28 holding the relic and I don't think a level 28 can defend well unless they have great guns (see: Gjallarhorn).

2 strategies to deal with a weaker defense team:

Strat 1: Open both portals at the same time and send one person into each one. These two will solo their respective gatekeeper and coordinate when to deliver the final blows to avoid getting the Mark of the Void too soon.

-Pros: The defense team won't have to worry about the conflux in the middle

-Cons: The folks in the portal will have to be on top of their game and figure out what works for them.

Strat 2: Derives off the normal pair strategy, except the pair weakens one gatekeeper, then they run into the second portal to kill that one outright, and then rush back to kill the original gatekeeper.

-Pros: Arguably the safest method if you're fast enough.

-Cons: If you mess up, you risk having to deal with a ton of enemies outside the portal.

No point of buying those when the Fatebringer is in the game =/ At least my view.

That's if you get the Fatebringer as a drop. I got lucky. Other folks haven't :(

eh, sure i'll hop on then

they're both still good in pvp if you get headshots. body shots with the vex are useless though

Would you say I should upgrade both if I'm interested in being op in pvp?

Greenymac

I have a Shadow Price with Field Scout, and only need to level 3 damage upgrades. But the Suros is just a far better shot. Especially with its upgrades on. Its much, much more stable and bullets hit harder.

Granted, SP is not exotic so when I need Ice Breaker or something I go SP.

Im not saying everyone will like the shadow price better, but I do. I like the way it feels better.

Fatebringer is nearly identical statwise to TDYK, it's only really unique perk is Firefly, which is kinda meh. A well rolled TDYK or LHF is just as good for pve.

The Chance from FWC has the same stats, but an inexplicable 6 round chamber that makes it pretty pointless.

Damn bruhs making me feel good about my choice. Maybe I'll actually fully upgrade it then. The whole, will-I-buy-TDYK-or-not thing has kept me from maxing it lol.

Deku Tree

At the end of the weekly 28 for 9 strange coins. Going to be doing this two more times, if you want the coins and are too low of a level or haven't done it. Feel free to join me, just please stay out of my way and don't die. PSN: Darryl_M_R

FR sent if your still doing it.

Bizazedo

Yeah I bought my shadow price, but I use it instead of the Suros too. I think we have quite similar taste in weapons...Add me. We should kill shit together sometime.

Only reason I don't use Suros in PvP is I really like the Vanquisher VIII and its synergies + I'm in love with Thunderlord. That plus I try to PvP based on positioning so that even if they have a Suros, I am firing first or, at the very least, at the same time and weaving enough to let the Vanquisher damage ramp up and the greater ROF kill them.

Suros is definitely the hardest to outgun, though, and you're fucked if they get the drop on you.

Suros loses to Thunderlord, though, so if I see more Suros, I worry less about big Thunder eating me up later. Unless people are good at swapping gear in prep of heavy ammo, but meh.

SkylineRKR

I've never gotten a group to get past Gatekeepers on Hard. What's the current best Gatekeeper strategy. Here's what we were trying.

• Split up: two defending the conflux, two on Right plate duty, two on Right portal duty.

I think we have been too low level for it (no 30s, one 28), but is there something better?

Yeah the first 2 points are good. But then 2 guys into the left portal, at least one 30 with Gjallerhorn. 4 stand behind walls, hold the plate and execute Praetorians. 2 guys should be back when the second Praetorian spawns or is about to die.

Everyone rush to the right plate, fuck the left one. One guy at the middle with some help, I usually do this, I stand at the right side of the right portal, its fairly safe for a minute or so and I one shot Minotaurs with my homing rocks. then when 2 shields come out everyone rushes to middle and the shields take down the yellows while the others take down the normals.

This is how we did it yesterday (but 2 of us used their 28 alts, so we were weaker). There is still some luck involved. Sometimes we got bodied by a lone hobgoblin during our run to the left plate, lol.

Cømet

Banned

When we were doing HM we did this:

- snipe gatekeeper
- despawn adds
- three in left portal, get gk to sliver of health
- run out, leave one outside this portal and two go into right portal
- kill right gk and left gk simultaneously, then everyone dashes to conflux

Defenders should be constantly dropping bubbles, and the armour for passing through the bubble perk should be used. Holding the plates outside shouldn't be too bad if people have the right equipment (we had to AEs and a decent rocket launcher) so it comes down to making sure Praetorians are called asap and hobgoblins are taken care of on sight.

It gets tight, and reading the rest I see you've no level 30s. You want level 30s. I think we had four and two 29s. That level 28 is deadweight, the damage dropoff is severe and he'll be one-shot by pretty much everything. Get him to level up or get someone else. There'll be plenty of shards for him once you kill Atheon :p

FR sent if your still doing it.

Accepting, I'm starting a new one right now. Do you just need it once or twice? Feel free to go AFK from the start of it and stay in the main starting area. Also I won't be on my mic right now because I'm relaxing with my girlfriend but I'm just knocking this out. Should take 15-20 minutes maybe even shorter if the wizards don't give me a hard time.

E92 M3

So you won't buy a great gun that you could be using while waiting on a drop that may take a long time to get? Makes sense...only if you currently have a Fatebringer.

I have tons of other guns I like and there is no point of wasting ass energies on something I will ultimately replace. That said, I am a very stubborn man and want to do everything my way lol.

I just want mah gawddamn Fatebringer!

It really is something special. I'm trying to level up my other weapons, but wind up just pulling out FB when I get into a tough spot. Without question the most beautiful weapon in the game - allows you to use an exotic in another slot, and it unflinchingly powerful. Add explosions with headshots, and it's amazing for crowd control (tough with a hand cannon in general), and does really good DPS.

So you won't buy a great gun that you could be using while waiting on a drop that may take a long time to get? Makes sense...only if you currently have a Fatebringer.

I was thinking the same thing. I always have a ton of marks to spend anyway so, when I buy TDYK tomorrow, it will just be a placeholder until the Fatebringer shows up.

Deku Tree

Accepting, I'm starting a new one right now. Do you just need it once or twice? Feel free to go AFK from the start of it and stay in the main starting area. Also I won't be on my mic right now because I'm relaxing with my girlfriend but I'm just knocking this out. Should take 15-20 minutes maybe even shorter if the wizards don't give me a hard time.

Just once. Your level 20 in the tower and I can't join your fireteam.

I'm about to do daily heroics, bounties, and other misc. stuff if anyone wants to join. I'm also always willing to help anyone who needs a hand with stuff as long as i'm free. I'm on PS4.

PSN is Greyblade

hydruxo

Hand cannons are all pretty similar. TDYK with Send It is just as good as LHF. Fatebringer and TDYK are essentially the same gun. Hawkmoon is great. The Last Word is great. Really, you can't go wrong with any of them and I can tell you right now that LHF is not "easily" the best.

They all have their idiosyncrasies, some people will like the perks on LHF better, some will like the ones on TDYK.

Cømet

Banned
Wish I didn't have work to do and could just screw around with folks. I wanna play on my Timebreaker! :( Cruising around on sparrows may be my favourite part of the game. Racing needs to be a thing, and there needs to be more open vistas and canyons we can just cruise around in.

Just make mobs spawn randomly in these places Bungle, worry about putting proper content in them later. Just give us more space to play in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom