• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

My wishlist for after reset this week:

Raid helm and Legs on my Hunter (so I can hit 30)

Raid Arms and Legs on my Warlock (so I can hit 30)

Raid anything on my Titan (Because he sucks)

LiK

FYI, if we fuck up at any point in Flawless, I'm willing to retry a few times. Can't be that bad compared to retrying Atheon for hours when I was a noob lol

Zakalwe

Banned
Just need one more!

Flawless run.

Leaving approx 8pm gmt

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) lvl 30 Titan
2. ethomaz lvl 30 Warlock
3. ComputerMkII lvl 30 Titan
4. AQ706 (biggy70686) lvl 30 Hunter
5. *Splinter (BOL-EvilSplinter) lvl 30 Hunter

*Splinter

I don't think I ever want to attempt Flawless Raider, because I'd just feel too terrible if I screw up. It'll come if it'll come, but I won't actively pursue it.
On my first attempt (and with a group I'd never played with before) I screwed up a jump between the first chest and the Templar area and fell to my death. So embarrassing, never even died there before :p

Afrocious

FYI, if we fuck up at any point in Flawless, I'm willing to retry a few times. Can't be that bad compared to retrying Atheon for hours when I was a noob lol

The big issue is restarting. There's no way to reset AFAIK.

Also, when someone gets kicked due to lag/shitty servers, that counts as a death.

Hit 20 with my first alt this morning before work. I had no idea how quickly that was going to go. I only did a handful of story missions on easy to get going, and after that I just used my alt once a day to do the quick bounties and run at least one public event. Turned in a bit of spin metal and helium from some easy chest runs I got while doing bounties on patrol. Now I am just going to dump tons of blue engrams to my alt from my main to get my lvl 20 rare gear going.

I stared my first alt yesterday. I did all earth missions and some bounties but got him to level 9. I'm not going to play it a lot just want another 20+ character. I don't need to complete all the story missions right? Besides daily bounties what are other ways to level up fast?

Greenymac

You know, some of us Destiny addicts might take a sentence like that quite badly.

*grinds teeth*

Let's try this again...

Have you flawless raiders finished filling up? im at work so cant really keep up with thr thread as much as id like. 30 Warlock sunbro with fully levelled gjallahorn, praedyths revenge, and TDYK. I can help if need be and can def bring another 30 that can make it through.

E92 M3

I use Chatterwhite with a New Monarchy cloak on my Hunter, it is awesome (kind of a Mirrors Edge feel). Also use a white sparrow with red boost to finish it off :D

I want Black/Blue for my Titan (Thunderdevil?). Currently using Blue/Gold (numbers shader) and a Black/White sparrow with blue boost upgrade.

Warlock is harder to describe, yellows and browns (Bloodpact I think) with a bitchin' cloak (Voidfang) and yellow speeder with green boost upgrade.
He's a Jedi.

Found the God of War shader recently... couldn't make it work on any character, it needs to be MUCH darker imo

Chatterwhite with Cosmic Joke is sexy as fuck. I just got tired of chatterwhite.

Blue engram turned into legendary chest armor.
Legendary engram turned into Monte Carlo exotic auto rifle.

I have a good feeling I will finally get my raid boots tomorrow.

rng pls

I dunno man. I have a feeling that RNG is gonna be a bit.... Ruthless

Jk, I hope you get them soon

Zakalwe

Banned
Have you flawless raiders finished filling up? im at work so cant really keep up with thr thread as much as id like. 30 Warlock sunbro with fully levelled gjallahorn, praedyths revenge, and TDYK. I can help if need be and can def bring another 30 that can make it through.

What time will you be home?

Also, when someone gets kicked due to lag/shitty servers, that counts as a death.

I thought that too, but one of our last run had the press square to reset option. It's never been there for me.

Not sure what's happening there...

You can go to orbit and restart no problem. We did this a fair few times.

Yeah, I'm at work for the next 2 and a half hours lol.

Also Lord Figs, would you like to grace my flawless run with your presence?

I wouldn't want to take a spot from someone who needs the trophy, but I can help if you need someone to walk you through it. :p

allday247

Banned
I've still got the hard Atheon checkpoint. Can anyone help me cheese?

PSN = Macello

Yo Macello,

I think you got the Atheon Checkpoint from me this week. Anyway i managed to solo it on my titan in the end and would like to try and do it again (for practice as i can't get loot now). I won't be on until after 9 (maybe 10pm) GMT.

I'll send you a PSN message later when i'm on if you're still up for it.
(your PSN avatar is Cammy for Street Fighter right?)

my PSN is Milkypooz

I stared my first alt yesterday. I did all earth missions and some bounties but got him to level 9. I'm not going to play it a lot just want another 20+ character. I don't need to complete all the story missions right? Besides daily bounties what are other ways to level up fast?

I find myself habitually doing chests whenever I am on patrol, and you find yourself in patrol when doing bounties daily. Every 50 of a material turns in for a decent amount of XP. I think it is worth 2,500-3,000 XP.

Bounties are def the quickest way to get XP. Don't torture yourself redoing the shit story missions. You will be doing them enough as it is with the daily heroic story missions.

On my first attempt (and with a group I'd never played with before) I screwed up a jump between the first chest and the Templar area and fell to my death. So embarrassing, never even died there before :p

That reminds me of the time I accidentally nearly killed myself as the Relic Holder when Atheon had only a sliver of health left. I somehow managed to jump, miss the other side, and narrowly catch an edge I didn't even know was there. Saved my life, and our team. :lol

LiK

Really? I see the restart option when you're selecting difficulty. Should be Square. I think Todd and figs etc did that. They fucked up and got the trophy later in the evening.

You can go to orbit and restart no problem. We did this a fair few times.

I wouldn't want to take a spot from someone who needs the trophy, but I can help if you need someone to walk you through it. :p

I WANT YOU IN THIS GROUP PLEASE

Yo Macello,

I think you got the Atheon Checkpoint from me this week. Anyway i managed to solo it on my titan in the end and would like to try and do it again (for practice as i can't get loot now). I won't be on until after 9 (maybe 10pm) GMT.

I'll send you a PSN message later when i'm on if you're still up for it.
(your PSN avatar is Cammy for Street Fighter right?)

my PSN is Milkypooz
I got it from another friend but you're the first I tried it with. I'm only available until 11 est.

spoils of my weekends raid endevour

Friday with a group from work (normal)
Found verdict (second one, but has a differnt element)
so much asssssssss

Saturday with some gaffers (normal)
so much asssssssssss

saturday hard mode gatekeeper checkpoint, no cheesing
timebreaker, vex, and 2x raid helm
and a little bit of ass

Really? I see the restart option when you're selecting difficulty. Should be Square. I think Todd and figs etc did that. They fucked up and got the trophy later in the evening.

:lool we actually finished the raid that time since Math died literally seconds before Atheon was dead. It really confused Todd that there was no restart option haha.

Afrocious

Aw figs *tear drop*

I remember when we were starting out. You'd be that one hunter getting nuked by the templar because you'd stand at the left floor jumping around for unknown reasons. Every time I'd look over to your name, I'd see a blue ball with seconds ticking down in white numbers. Then we'd get to atheon and you'd get blown up on top of pillars.

We would say "Don't stand on those pillars."

Then you'd stand on the pillars.

And now you're the Lord of Destiny GAF. I need tissue.

Greenymac

What time will you be home?

I thought that too, but one of our last run had the press square to reset option. It's never been there for me.

Not sure what's happening there...

Im off work at 5:30 eastern and usually home by 6. I can be ready to go at about 6:30 PM eastern. Ive completed raid with Dante 316 before.

LiK

Aw figs *tear drop*

I remember when we were starting out. You'd be that one hunter getting nuked by the templar because you'd stand at the left floor jumping around for unknown reasons. Every time I'd look over to your name, I'd see a blue ball with seconds ticking down in white numbers. Then we'd get to atheon and you'd get blown up on top of pillars.

You and figs were the first Gaffers I played MP with when I jumped into your NF. My first NF Weekly too haha

Victrix

*beard*
I'm generally pretty patient about this sort of thing, especially for console games

but uh...

Where the fuck is the patch Bungie?

There are so many little quality of life things that are really starting to bother me.

Zakalwe

Banned
Im off work at 5:30 eastern and usually home by 6. I can be ready to go at about 6:30 PM eastern. Ive completed raid with Dante 316 before.

Ah too late for us, we're running approx 8pm gmt. Loads of people are after it though so you shouldn't have trouble finding a group.

ocean

Banned
Is solo impossible? I have the checkpoint at Gordon on Normal... so I was thinking to give a try.
You need at least 3 people for Gorgon maze or it doesn't work. For the next part I believe you need 2 (one inside and one outside) or its insta-wipe.

Aw figs *tear drop*

:looool

<3

blazeuk

I am suddenly feeling very lucky that in my first attempt at the VoG I got praedeths revenge and leg armour. All I seem to see is people saying they need leg armour for 30!

What's the odds that rngesus screws me over and I never land raid chest or arms. No way will I have the time to level up IB when that event comes around again to get those bits of armour.

I've had leg armour 3 times now, in the last 3 weeks of trying to get gloves, chest or a helmet I've got nothing useful. Hold off on that lucky feeling until you get every armour piece!

I started the thorn bounty today, I feel sorry for anyone who had to do this who didn't have a full set of void weapons, I have every weapon as a void weapon and I'm a warlock and it still sucks, I'm at 194/500 from 5 games which isn't too bad I suppose, but trying to use Atheon's Epilogue in PvP is a nightmare, such a terrible weapon for it.

Yup, East. I usually stay up until 11PM on weeknights for Destiny.

Gotcha, I typically go to the gym right after work so I usually can play around 830PM EST. I'm on the West Coast myself so I can stay up much later ;P A group of 29's and 30's should be able to blow through a Normal mode raid quick though (45 min to an hour-ish most likely) so it's more of a matter of how many times we're willing to restart in a given night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom