• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

Let's get a list started for future reference. Who DOESN'T need to run Heroic VoG anymore? I mean, for alts, sure, but on their mains, who doesn't need to run the hard mode?

Add yourself or quote this post:

1. Afrocious

I don't need to do Heroic anymore. I literally got everything I wanted out of it for my Warlock.

ocean

Banned
I don't think I ever want to attempt Flawless Raider, because I'd just feel too terrible if I screw up. It'll come if it'll come, but I won't actively pursue it.
Next reset I'll run Normal a few times trying not to ever die. Once I pull it off at least twice I'll feel confident in joining a Flawless try. I wouldn't want to be That Guy during a serious attempt.

I'd also like upgrading a few more weapons to 300 attack. I already have Atheon's Epilogue, void Light/Beware and Ice Breaker there. Working on Suros, Cryptic Dragon, Hezen Vengeance and Truth. Probably not this week but the one after that.

Platinum, you will be mine.

Zakalwe

Banned
I mainly use TDYK, but I just got a Lord High Fixer the other day which seems just as cool. Gonna level one on each character and see which I prefer.

I have TLW, Thorn, and TDYK. Fatebringer is next on my want list.

TDYK is my favourite pve cannon so far. Precision shooting vex is sublime.

Greenymac

Ah too late for us, we're running approx 8pm gmt. Loads of people are after it though so you shouldn't have trouble finding a group.

Im not a trophy hunter I could really care less, but if you guys needed a last resort Id help. Dante316 has helped me before when he didnt have to, so I was going to return the favor. One good turn deserves another. My 17 hunter needs to get to 20 anyway.

I find myself habitually doing chests whenever I am on patrol, and you find yourself in patrol when doing bounties daily. Every 50 of a material turns in for a decent amount of XP. I think it is worth 2,500-3,000 XP.

Bounties are def the quickest way to get XP. Don't torture yourself redoing the shit story missions. You will be doing them enough as it is with the daily heroic story missions.

I didn't know this, thanks. Where do I turn it in?

*Splinter

Let's get a list started for future reference. Who DOESN'T need to run Heroic VoG anymore? I mean, for alts, sure, but on their mains, who doesn't need to run the hard mode?

1. Afrocious

I don't need to do Heroic anymore. I literally got everything I wanted out of it for my Warlock.
I don't need to, and neither do my alts :p
I still do though

jay23

I've gotten a lot of unique rewards playing strikes. Got this cool shader today called refraction melt.

Does anyone else think PvP should have something with guaranteed rewards like strikes?

Bizazedo

Technically, I'm only one item away, but realistically, the stats it chose to give me on some of the raid gear are.....not well chosen :(.

1. Afrocious

I don't really need to, but I still kinda want Praetorian Foil. I might get lucky on my alts though.

LiK

Gotcha, I typically go to the gym right after work so I usually can play around 830PM EST. I'm on the West Coast myself so I can stay up much later ;P A group of 29's and 30's should be able to blow through a Normal mode raid quick though (45 min to an hour-ish most likely) so it's more of a matter of how many times we're willing to restart in a given night.

I'm pretty chill when I play Raids so I can restart all night. It's good practice anyway. But I'll definitely settle for first try heh

Zakalwe

Banned
BTW I'm finally online.

Adding you now.

Flawless run.

Leaving approx 8pm gmt

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) lvl 30 Titan
2. ethomaz lvl 30 Warlock
3. ComputerMkII lvl 30 Titan
4. AQ706 (biggy70686) lvl 30 Hunter
5. *Splinter (BOL-EvilSplinter) lvl 30 Hunter
6. Tovarisc lvl 30 Warlock

We may need to replace computer, he's not responding to messages...

Can anyone step up for a reserve slot? Will start sending out invites in 10 minutes.

Yes. This is one of the best analyses of the game I have seen and it's worth watching. Absolutely fantastic work, and I'm pretty sure I agree with every word, If you are at all interested in what Destiny means, especially in terms of how it relates to game design as a whole (rather than just one piece of entertainment you might enjoy or not), I urge you to watch it. If you have for some reason desired my ranting thoughts to be delivered in the form of a youtube video, go here.
I think a better game in his Michael Bay statement would have been Animal Crossing. As someone who has played a fuckton of that series, the parallels seem much more pronounced to me, as both seem designed to be played in chunks daily rather than marathoned. But I like the video overall.

joecanada

I wreck with unupgraded Suros. With Mythoclast for example I fare way worse. I think Suros is the best MP weapon right now. Or perhaps the elusive hand cannon.

I need to do some testing. I have a Suros not upgraded because the upgrade is higher impact lower fire rate. But I just found last light so I'm gonna compare.
High RoF, high impact or a blend of both? Still not sure what is best.
I can tell you though that monte carlo works well too so high RoF definitely counts

I feel like the raid is pointless now. everybody's cheesing it and once they hit 30 there's no reason to go back and do it anymore. the challenge is sullied, and if you don't already have everything you want, you'll be at odds with RNG.

it's a shame because it's the last piece of content i feel like logging on daily for. i don't care for loot or trophies; i'd be content running it over and over again to beat personal records. but the community doesn't seem to take the actual encounters seriously so it seems like a waste.

jadedm17

If anyone's doing some crucible on PS4 add me : NotJaded
Also looking for an Atheon hard checkpoint if someone has one and a few moments to spare. Thanks.

I feel like the raid is pointless now. everybody's cheesing it and once they hit 30 there's no reason to go back and do it anymore. the challenge is sullied, and if you don't already have everything you want, you'll be at odds with RNG.

it's a shame because it's the last piece of content i feel like logging on daily for. i don't care for loot but the community doesn't seem to take the actual encounter seriously either.

Most my list - myself included - are leveling alts now. Personally I'll be playing crucible for a long time now but it's be established the lasting appeal isn't as advertised. That said there's more coming so no worries.

Namikaze1

1. Afrocious

I would add my name to the list but I need Fatebringer. Plus, I still have a Hunter that needs raid arms and legs for 30.

it's a shame because it's the last piece of content i feel like logging on daily for. i don't care for loot - i'd be content running it over and over again to beat personal records. but the community doesn't seem to take the actual encounters seriously so it seems like a waste.

One raid was not going to keep people's interest for more than the time it has regardless of cheeses.

*edit I've never cared about speed runs or flawless raider type stuff so I'm definitely not the person repeated raiding was meant for. I'll do it once a week until I have the gear I want.

Deku Tree

If I max out my vanguard marks on my currently level 25 Titan tonight then I can buy a legendary helmet and a legendary chest for him this week and then he will be level 27 and ready to raid without using any ascendant materials and without relying on waiting to see whatever Xur might be selling this weekend...

Zakalwe

Banned
Ok, one's dropped out. We need one more for a flawless run to start ASAP.

Leaving approx 8pm gmt

I've gotten a lot of unique rewards playing strikes. Got this cool shader today called refraction melt.

Does anyone else think PvP should have something with guaranteed rewards like strikes?
I wish they would, it sucks that it's like every other game or two that you'll get a single blue item or whatever. I think it's Bungie's thinking though that the gameplay of fighting real players is the main "reward" instead of doing the repetitive strikes over and over for 5-6 engrams

The grind for loot is real in Strikes, and I always get a little excited turning in my stockpile of engrams after a hour or two of Tiger, but that's basically all that motivates me. It definitely isn't killing the same boss for the 20th time or running with silent team mates through trash mobs.

As much as the crucible can suck it's way more engaging than Tiger. If they gave me consistent engrams and rewards I'd probably never go back to strikes outside of bounties and the like, even if I was missing out on the loot dropped during the strike itself.

One raid was not going to keep people's interest for more than the time it has regardless of cheeses.

the cheese only exacerbated the fundamental problems with the game's short-sighted level system and random loot. there's over a month left until new content comes, but it's going to be more of the same considering that it was way in development when the game shipped. that'll be exhausted in under a month and then it's the same thing all over again.

at this point i feel like this game's a sand castle being built on the shore during high tide. piling more sand on top isn't going to stop the waves from knocking it down.

in layman's terms, i'm ready for destiny 2. maybe with the feedback and experience from this game and the freedom from the limitations of last gen, destiny will hit its stride.

Ok, one's dropped out. We need one more for a flawless run to start ASAP.

Leaving approx 8pm gmt

Can a level 28 hunter be apart of this? If so PSN: Darryl_M_R (I think I was with you all the other day and the game was bugging out on us for the templar part)

I didn't know this, thanks. Where do I turn it in?

Vanguard or Cruicible Quarter Master. You will get their respective rep and marks assuming you have hit the required level. Rep I think you ear from the start on alts, but you still have to hit lvl 18 for marks. Turning in 50 mats to the Crucible Quartermaster is the only way to get Crucible Marks in PvE. So fucking stupid that all three optional factions take Crucible Marks only. This fucking game, art direction polished by savants, basic logical systems polished by dullards.

Zakalwe

Banned
Can a level 28 hunter be apart of this? If so PSN: Darryl_M_R

Would rather have a 29-30 if possible. Do you have any other classes?

-

Need one more for a flawless run rep leave asap.

4. *Splinter (BOL-EvilSplinter) lvl 30 Hunter
5. Tovarisc lvl 30 Warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom