• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
without the RPG mechanics, it's a medicore shooter. every multiplayer gametype is deathmatch and the majority of the maps and levels are lousy. raid is "fun" when you've gone through a website to find players and are not lagging after the fact.

no community tools
no control over game modes
no way to play with more than 5 friends

it's not even half of a shooter - at least not one to expect in 2014.

Yeah, I guess the RPG mechanics are what make the game but at the same time, like you are saying it kinda half asses both sides of the coin, not enough features to build up the community, not enough focus on the PVP to make it actually worthwhile.

Again, this dissonance I feel comes a lot from the games marketing. They where way too far up their own asses and what they where promising. But this has already been said countless times lol.

Afrocious

I honestly think everyone needs at least one Gjallarhorn and one Ice Breaker.

I can't think of any exotics that are up to the levels of OP as these two are. Got both of mine from Xur and never looked back.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Everytime someone posts they got Mythoclast..

Crying.gif

8 kills, no mytho here neither.

I feel your pain.

Bro.

I got praedyths revenge on my first raid...Got found verdict and praetorians foil yesterday after the templar, but no fatebringer...Shit is killing me man. Ive already got the raid armor i needed so im sitting at level 30 still missing 3 handcannons I really want. Fatebringer, TLW and hawkmoon.

I have both the Hawkmoon and TLW. I'll be able to pick up TDYK after the reset tomorrow. So then I'll just need that Fatebringer.

So I've had some pretty solid luck on the weapons front, both from the raid and not, but still have yet to get a single piece of raid armor to drop. ONE. On either my main OR my alt. From either the hard or normal raid.

Level 29 is my life.

LOL...We were all thinking it, you just said it. I still can't believe they're letting this cheese ferment so long. It should have been nipped in the bud day 1. They wouldn't have had so many Vex guns in the wild to deal with and maybe it wouldn't have been nerfed.

They probably didn't have an easy way to fix it since the root of the problem is written in the basic AI of enemies in the game. They also still want him to run out of solar grenades when he's being fought properly. So they add bumpers on the edge? lol. Gotta test that, then patch certification, it's pathetic but it's kind of how it is.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I can't think of any exotics that are up to the levels of OP as these two are. Got both of mine from Xur and never looked back.

Yes, sadly I passed on Gjallarhorn when Xur was selling it. That and The Last Word are my other most wanted weapons.

Bizazedo

video games are too expensive for me to buy one that isn't going to last more than 2 weeks. for the last 7 years i've played bungie games almost exclusively because they were worth replaying. i'd love to play others, but i'm not paying $40-$60 to beat a game and then put it on a shelf.

How many hours have you gotten out of Destiny, though, Zoba? I feel like anyone who's still posting here has gotten their money's worth. Time to dollar, anyways.

And I still like Crucible. It's stupid in so many ways, but if you have a team that's clicking and feeding each other orbs it's unbelievable.

I.e., Salvage is the best game type.

Oh nah, lol I'm actually just a pair of gauntlets away from 30. I meant I engram farm in Tiger mostly for the off chance of getting strange coins/ ass mats/ legendaries to break down into ass mats/ exotics.

If I could do something similar in PVP I'd never go back to Tiger because PVE is fucking dull outside of the raid.

You can do something similar in PvP. I played Crucible for about 5 hours yesterday and got Icebreaker, a legendary chest piece, a strange coin, a purple heavy machine gun, leveled up my Crucible ranking which resulted in another purple heavy/ascendant energy and on top of that a lot of blues to level up the Cryptarch. I was playing for fun though not to farm. If you hate PvP it's obviously not the way to go.

I'll do that all day over grinding dull strikes.

I think everyone's vault should be filled with 20 gjallarhorns

CLBridges

I still kick myself for not picking up the Gjallarhorn when Xur was selling it. That thing wrecks havoc in Vault, things go down so fast when just a couple of people have one. Oh well, maybe I'll get a lucky drop or Xur might sale it again in the near future. But, yeah, Ice Breaker is my favorite sniper in the game, I don't even use Suros anymore cause I gotta have that exotic equipped most of the time.

Greenymac

I have both the Hawkmoon and TLW. I'll be able to pick up TDYK after the reset tomorrow. So then I'll just need that Fatebringer.

So I've had some pretty solid luck on the weapons front, both from the raid and not, but still have yet to get a single piece of raid armor to drop. ONE. On either my main OR my alt. From either the hard or normal raid.

Level 29 is my life.

you want that TDYK from a drop brother. trust me on this. I got mine from a drop and IMO its better than the one you can buy, but still. You can snipe with TDYK.

Bizazedo

Gjallahorn seems to break the raid almost as badly as the cheese does.

Hyperbole, obviously, the cheese is worse and actually "breaks" the raid, but damn that damage makes it so much easier.

I've never gotten a group to get past Gatekeepers on Hard. What's the current best Gatekeeper strategy. Here's what we were trying.

• Snipe the gatekeeper from outside the door.
  • Sprint to the left plate which will despawn adds
  • Have 3 in / 3 out or 4 in, 2 out and hold the plate.
  • Once the portal team is back, clear the left plate
  • Split up: two defending the conflux, two on Right plate duty, two on Right portal duty.
  • Once portal team is back, defend the conflux for ~1 minute.

I think we have been too low level for it (no 30s, one 28), but is there something better?

So has anyone done a test to see if Send It actually increases range on the Ice Breaker, even though it already has max range? Or does it just make the weapon more accurate.

Afrocious

I have two Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker. Got duplicates after buying them. Don't regret it as they are the best weapons in the game imo along with Suros/Vex. Especially Gjallarhorn...

I'm not seeing what's so good about either the Suros or the Vex now. They shine in PvP? I thought the recent nerf killed both of them.

Kalamari

I have a question for all the HC aficionados here. What sights do you prefer and what makes them different besides the shape?

jadedm17

I have two Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker. Got duplicates after buying them. Don't regret it as they are the best weapons in the game imo along with Suros/Vex. Especially Gjallarhorn...

That rocket launcher is my top wish list item, they really need to bring it back. Personally I was still leveling when he first had it.

Marvel

could never
I have a question for all the HC aficionados here. What sights do you prefer and what makes them different besides the shape?
Some effect reload speed/stability. On my Fatebringer I am using default sight and I'll stick with that because of the stability stat.

i've "accomplished" everything i set out to do in the game.

-obtain [most of] the weapons i wanted
-experience all the levels and game modes
-get my character to max level and an appearance and stat build i'm somewhat content with
-reach desirable stats in PvP
-take a bucket load of screenshots

i could collect more of the dead ghosts, make a new class and try to get all the exotics and trophies. as far as i'm concerned though, i've "beaten" the game that launched.

but i still want to play it.

the problem then, of course, is one i've said in the past: destiny doesn't want me to play it.

-i hop in a strike and my team is AFK. when they decide to pick up their controllers, it's a strike i've already done 3 times in a row
-i hop in multiplayer and i'm put on a shitty map on a team that's anything but. meanwhile the enemy team is one shotting me left and right and despite my best efforts we're losing (and lagging)
-i join a raid group and the people trying to beat it legitimately are ridiculously underleveled and ill equipped. meanwhile, the guys with good weapons don't want to actually fight the bosses.
-i hop on to check bounties and it's the exact same shit i did the day before.
-the moment i get in a good game in any one of these activities, noahs ark of connection errors stops by for a visit.

throw me a bone here bungie

Afrocious

Gjallahorn seems to break the raid almost as badly as the cheese does.

Hyperbole, obviously, the cheese is worse and actually "breaks" the raid, but damn that damage makes it so much easier.

The damage output on the Gjallarhorn is enough to where I can 2-3 shot Gatekeepers on normal, and one or two more shots on Hard. Mine isn't at 300 attack either, and I probably should get it up there since it wouldn't hurt.

The Gjallarhorn upgraded all the way to the Wolfpack rounds + fast reloading makes it glorious.

I've never gotten a group to get past Gatekeepers on Hard. What's the current best Gatekeeper strategy. Here's what we were trying.

• Snipe the gatekeeper from outside the door.
  • Sprint to the left plate which will despawn adds
  • Have 3 in / 3 out or 4 in, 2 out and hold the plate.
  • Once the portal team is back, clear the left plate
  • Split up: two defending the conflux, two on Right plate duty, two on Right portal duty.
  • Once portal team is back, defend the conflux for ~1 minute.

I think we have been too low level for it (no 30s, one 28), but is there something better?

That level 28 might be too low. The lowest you want to go is 29, but if the player is careful, you should be fine.

Where do people die most often in that Gatekeeper part? There's different strategies, but they address different weaknesses.

Afrocious

i've "accomplished" everything i set out to do in the game.

-obtain [most of] the weapons i wanted
-experience all the levels and game modes
-get my character to max level and an appearance and stat build i'm somewhat content with
-reach desirable stats in PvP
-take a bucket load of screenshots

i could collect more of the dead ghosts, make a new class and try to get all the exotics and trophies. as far as i'm concerned though, i've "beaten" the game that launched.

but i still want to play it.

the problem then, of course, is one i've said in the past: destiny doesn't want me to play it.

-i hop in a strike and my team is AFK. when they decide to pick up their controllers, it's a strike i've already done 3 times in a row
-i hop in multiplayer and i'm put on a shitty map on a team that's anything but. meanwhile the enemy team is one shotting me left and right and despite my best efforts we're losing (and lagging)
-i join a raid group and the people trying to beat it legitimately are ridiculously underleveled and ill equipped. meanwhile, the guys with good weapons don't want to actually fight the bosses.
-the moment i get in a good game in any one of these activities, noahs ark of connection errors stops by for a visit.

based mr. gap, think you might contributing to a flawless raid run at 6pm EST today?

I'm not seeing what's so good about either the Suros or the Vex now. They shine in PvP? I thought the recent nerf killed both of them.

Suros is still one of the best guns in the game and great for PvP and PvE. Vex had a much more significant nerf. Bungie has even said Suros is still dominating Crucible more than they'd like.

SkylineRKR

Suros is still ridiculous. I had it pre-nerf too, and I don't really notice much yet I do notice the Shadow Price etc being quite a bit more difficult to handle.

I've enabled Focus fire, first damage upgrade and high caliber on it and it just wrecks. Like the gun even more with Focused fire. Its a huge ammo saver.

Fatebringer fully maxed is truly a thing of beauty. Explosions everywhere. Dat lightning fast reload.

So its like Praedyths Revenge? I need it. Would even trade my Mythoclast for one. 200 hours of gameplay, and haven't even wielded a legendary handcannon. Never. got. one. Burn marks on armor for shards.

Bizazedo

I've taken to pushing afk'ers into lines of fire / off cliffs, especially when bounties asking you not to die in strikes occur.

Other'n that, run 'em with GAF'rs / friends!
Play with a group, get ready for IB / Osiris! :)
You are too kind and generous a soul. I got nothing, that scenario sucks.
Also sucks :(.

That......yep.

I wouldn't blame ya for taking a break.

you want that TDYK from a drop brother. trust me on this. I got mine from a drop and IMO its better than the one you can buy, but still. You can snipe with TDYK.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. I have a dropped Shadow Price and it's ridiculous. It's the reason, brace yourselves, that I don't have the Suros and don't really care to buy one.

Anyway, I am just going to buy the TDYK as it's a fill-in until the Fatebringer drops.

After weekly and nightfall I usually just do my daily story and public event and have enough motes/coins for most weeks. Trying to get coins and motes I didn't think of, that makes sense. Hoping for any decent weapons or gear doesn't. Shards I usually just keep rebuying vanguard/crucible gear and tearing it down.

IDK if your still getting onto me about what I'm doing or not buttttttttttttttttttt I'm taking most of the smart avenues for accumulating stuff trust me lol.

We where just talking about Strike rewards and I was just saying it would be nice if PVP got more consistent rewards post match like Tiger since you don't get engrams/loot as often nor from killing other players like you do from mobs in PVE.
You can do something similar in PvP. I played Crucible for about 5 hours yesterday and got Icebreaker, a legendary chest piece, a strange coin, a purple heavy machine gun, leveled up my Crucible ranking which resulted in another purple heavy/ascendant energy and on top of that a lot of blues to level up the Cryptarch. I was playing for fun though not to farm. If you hate PvP it's obviously not the way to go.

I'll do that all day over grinding dull strikes.

I actually do play PVP for fun but, and have quite a bit of time in it, (nearing 6k kills) but rng post match drops don't like me very much. Gotten one exotic I already had, and like maybe less than 6 purple drops (engrams or otherwise) from the post match rolls.

As for the rank up packages, I think the amount of hours you need to sink into level and gain a package from a faction is absurdddddddddddddd. Literally only the Cryptarch's time to level seems reasonable to me. It doesn't help that I'm trying to level Dead Orbit solely for a freaking shader so my Crucible ranking is stalled for now lol.
I just broke down every blue weapon that I own except the strangers rifle. Not sure why I'm keeping that turd.

Don't know what the hell it was but I was playing some dude the other day in the Crucible and he was running it vs my maxxed Suros and the dude was hanging pretty well with me. Granted in most situations I would win but when he was crafty with his movements or whatever, I wouldn't be able to close the gap on the drops he would get on me and he would win our fights.

He was actually being a thorn in my side enough that I pulled mine out of my vault to try as a sub when I'm not using my Suros. I haven't tested it yet to see if it was just this dude's play style or the actual gun tho.

That level 28 might be too low. The lowest you want to go is 29, but if the player is careful, you should be fine.

Where do people die most often in that Gatekeeper part? There's different strategies, but they address different weaknesses.

The 28 and two 29s could never reliably hold the sync plates, so I never could figure out the grander strategy. Is what I posted the typical, best flow if I can get a better team together tonight?

So its like Praedyths Revenge? I need it. Would even trade my Mythoclast for one. 200 hours of gameplay, and haven't even wielded a legendary handcannon. Never. got. one. Burn marks on armor for shards.

Shards are the last thing I need to buy!! Lord High Fixer and The Devil You Know are both amazing guns. Buy one.

At the end of the weekly 28 for 9 strange coins. Going to be doing this two more times, if you want the coins and are too low of a level or haven't done it. Feel free to join me, just please stay out of my way and don't die. PSN: Darryl_M_R

Greenymac

Yeah, that's what I've heard. I have a dropped Shadow Price and it's ridiculous. It's the reason, brace yourselves, that I don't have the Suros and don't really care to buy one.

Anyway, I am just going to buy the TDYK as it's a fill-in until the Fatebringer drops.

Yeah I bought my shadow price, but I use it instead of the Suros too. I think we have quite similar taste in weapons...Add me. We should kill shit together sometime.

I've taken to pushing afk'ers into lines of fire / off cliffs, especially when bounties asking you not to die in strikes occur.

Other'n that, run 'em with GAF'rs / friends!

Play with a group, get ready for IB / Osiris! :)

You are too kind and generous a soul. I got nothing, that scenario sucks.

Also sucks :(.

That......yep.

I wouldn't blame ya for taking a break.

i have 7 pages of friends but sometimes there's less than a handful of you guys online. those are ironically the times i want to play the game the most. i understand scheduling time for something as invested as a raid, but anything else with matchmaking should be fair game - it was for a while at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom