• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane_Man

Someone dropped out so need 1 more for hard raid. We're at the beginning of the templar section. Level 29 or above please. PSN: SaneManPritch.

BraXzy

On a flawless run, do you have to go through it all in one sitting? If you grab a checkpoint and continue later does it count? I assume not so people can't just do Atheon?

Hand Cannon is the one weapon type I've never even tried a single time in the ungodly amount of hours I've put into this game. Rahool hasn't seen fit to ever give me a good one. Now it doesn't even matter because VoC is GOAT. I suppose I'd test out TLW or Hawkmoon in PvP though. I tested VoC in there for the first time last night and it's pretty good, much better than expected if you're good at head shots but I get a TON of kills stolen from me by teammates when using it...That last shot just doesn't get out before a teammate can enter the room and spray with an AR :(

On a flawless run, do you have to go through it all in one sitting? If you grab a checkpoint and continue later does it count? I assume not so people can't just do Atheon?

Actually it might but no one is crazy enough to try it. In the least, it'd keep track of your progress so a new person couldn't just enter for the Atheon fight and get full credit for instance.

Trakan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=736tDqyWvE8&list=UU674syOtUzhWbeQ1Wd2pNhg

I joined a Rumble match in progress and it took me a few minutes to realize, but there was a couple of guys boosting. One guy was a warlock and kept letting his friend kill him and then used the self res glitch to keep reviving. I ended up pulling out the win in the last few seconds. I'm guessing they were going for one of the exotic bounties for getting void kills or killing warlocks for the Bad Juju bounty.

SkylineRKR

Yesterday, on Heroic Raid, the Templar phase glitched, lol. Never saw it before.

Basically, right at the beginning when we initiated the Vex waves (with only one conflux), he would send its Legions right away and they would sacrifice themselves. Like, wtf lol.

Happened until we orbited out.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hand Cannon is the one weapon type I've never even tried a single time in the ungodly amount of hours I've put into this game. Rahool hasn't seen fit to ever give me a good one. Now it doesn't even matter because VoC is GOAT. I suppose I'd test out TLW or Hawkmoon in PvP though. I tested VoC in there for the first time last night and it's pretty good, much better than expected if you're good at head shots but I get a TON of kills stolen from me by teammates when using it...That last shot just doesn't get out before a teammate can enter the room and spray with an AR :(

I have a few handcannons, and I can confirm that, generally speaking, the VoC is superior in PvE (let's ignore PvP for now). That said, hand cannons are definitely more fun than VoC.

Furyous

I got my first exotic for my hunter! It's the one that allows your teammates to get their super early. It took forever and wouldn't be possible without PS Plus.

I have a few handcannons, and I can confirm that, generally speaking, the VoC is superior in PvE (let's ignore PvP for now). That said, hand cannons are definitely more fun than VoC.

I love Scout Rifles because I'm a BR/DMR guy from Halo and am all about precision weapons. It's why I prefer Sniper Rifles for my secondary too. That said, I'd be curious to take one of the top tier hand cannons for a ride.

So I cleared the daily heroic with two of my buddies a couple of hours ago and the game was smooth as ever. Then we decided to enter the Crucible for some Skirmish action and holy hell what a lag! That shit was nearly unplayable and after two rounds we checked if the lag was just as bad in Control. Well of course it was but somehow we just kept playing and I'm glad as hell we did because...

BAM

B0-wr_7IIAAOgEw.jpg

...motherfucking Gjallarhorn! The justice has been served! That is all for now, carry on =D

Thanks for that! I got a purple heavy engram too!

Hoped you enjoyed the free coins and legendary engram Deku. If you have an alt I'll be doing this again in like 20 minutes or so after I eat. And anytime, if you need this again after Tuesday let me know, hopefully that will be just as easy to cheese.

Daemul

I have The Last Word and Fatebringer in my inventory but I don't use them, handcannons are just not my thing. I can't trade them for other shit so the only option I have is to dismantle them, but if I dismantle them then if trading is ever added I'll regret dismantling them, but if trading is never added than I would have kept them for nothing when I could have dismantled them for energy.

So basically, I'm fucked either way.

Bossun

Is VoG possible for a 28 warlock (sunsinger or voidwalker) with a fully upgraded atheon's epilogue and a not fully upgraded Ice Breaker?

Edit : Hard mode

jadedm17

So I cleared the daily heroic with two of my buddies a couple of hours ago and the game was smooth as ever. Then we decided to enter the Crucible for some Skirmish action and holy hell what a lag! That shit was nearly unplayable and after two rounds we checked if the lag was just as bad in Control. Well of course it was but somehow we just kept playing and I'm glad as hell we did because...

BAM

B0-wr_7IIAAOgEw.jpg

...motherfucking Gjallarhorn! The justice has been served! That is all for now, carry on =D
Lol @ getting a rare class item shader while you get that. Nice.

Fitts

I have The Last Word and Fatebringer in my inventory but I don't use them, handcannons are just not my thing. I can't trade them for other shit so the only option I have is to dismantle them, but if I dismantle them then if trading is ever added I'll regret dismantling them, but if trading is never added than I would have kept them for nothing when I could have dismantled them for energy.

So basically, I'm fucked either way.

Just vault 'em. You never know if your opinion of them will change over time and you'll be able to get that ascendant energy through other various means.

With that said, I'm super jealous that you have them.

nowai

Fatebringer is nearly identical statwise to TDYK, it's only really unique perk is Firefly, which is kinda meh. A well rolled TDYK or LHF is just as good for pve.

The Chance from FWC has the same stats, but an inexplicable 6 round chamber that makes it pretty pointless.

Outlaw is incredible. I know I can roll on a dropped weapon, but it's standard on Fatebringer.

Also, explosive rounds are magnificent in pvp.

Temidien

Neo Member
Anyone running hard raid? Have a level 29 Hunter with VoG experience, leveled Confluence, leveled Icebreaker, and somewhat leveled Atheon's Epilogue.

Also, looking for a normal raid run for my Titan alt.

PSN: temidien

CREMSteve

Hard mode victory still eludes me. Got a group of random guys together today to try and beat Atheon on my checkpoint and we failed miserably. :(

28 is too low. I want to try it with a group of 29-30s (I'm 30).

Doing weekly 28 one last time on my last character. If you haven't done it because you are lower level or for any other reason feel free to join me. PSN: Darryl_M_R

kk, online in Destiny now.

Flawless raid party is go. Mr Lik and Mr Gap and Figs our royal highness pls

Good luck to you guys. If today isn't the day that you all beat it I would love to be considered in joining you guys to do it next time.

Thanks to raizel76 and Godsfavorite for helping me get my hard mode trophy! And thanks to the youtuber I found that recommended using aftermath on fist of havoc. It took a few tries to even survive long enough to deploy and we were literally on my last try (had to pick the girls up) but I got the raid helmet and timebreaker! My first piece of raid armor!

Ambitious

When I did the strikes for the Bad Juju bounty, I played several of them with a guy who acted just, well, weird. Initially, he would always stay at the spawn point, not moving. So I first assumed he was an AFKer. But after several minutes, he followed me and the other player, although it took him an eternity to get to us.

But it's not like he was waiting for us to clear the hard parts - no, he did indeed participate. However, he kept dying.. a lot. All the time. When I had a chance to watch what the hell he was doing, I saw he was just awfully careless. Left cover all the time, stormed headfirst into huge groups of enemies, and sometimes seriously just stood still in front of the boss, firing at it. At which point he unsurprisingly died again.

Several times though, he just went AFK during fights. For instance, during the Tank boss in the Mars strike, he was sitting on the rock in front of the tank area. First he kept sniping and shooting rockets, but at some point he just stopped. He didn't move at all. He wasn't waiting for the ammo to replenish either. Me and the third guy had to finish the fight alone.

However, most of the time me or the third guy died, he would instantly run to revive us. But again, he usually just ran straight for us instead of finding a safe route, so he died a few times.

This pattern repeated for, I dunno, five strikes or so? Nowhere to be seen for minutes, then slowly catching up, then dying constantly. What the hell was that about? Did someone let his kid play or what? The character was level 25, by the way.

Deku Tree

Fatebringer is nearly identical statwise to TDYK, it's only really unique perk is Firefly, which is kinda meh. A well rolled TDYK or LHF is just as good for pve.

The Chance from FWC has the same stats, but an inexplicable 6 round chamber that makes it pretty pointless.

I think that's true for a lot of VoG weapon drops. They have one or more very similar weapons for sale by some vendor but with different perks and no elemental damage.

Korosenai

I switched from the countless auto rifles and scout rifles I used to use to the Fatebringer.... I dont think I can ever go back. Its just so fun and satisfying to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom