• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is VoG possible for a 28 warlock (sunsinger or voidwalker) with a fully upgraded atheon's epilogue and a not fully upgraded Ice Breaker?

Edit : Hard mode

It's possible if the rest of your group is really strong but you will be holding them back. Maxed weapons are very important and I think 29 should be considered the minimum level for hard.

Afrocious

Lik and I are in a party ready to do this flawless nonsense.

Join up pls.

PSN: Afrodeeziyak.

Zoba, you were online for a second. Come back :(

Todd, you want to help? It would be nice :) You can check out my Praxic Fire chestpiece if you want.

figs pls.

Milennia

Join up pls.

Todd, you want to help? It would be nice :) You can check out my Praxic Fire chestpiece if you want.

figs pls.
I can give it a some more go's

Cyborg1

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I cleared the daily heroic with two of my buddies a couple of hours ago and the game was smooth as ever. Then we decided to enter the Crucible for some Skirmish action and holy hell what a lag! That shit was nearly unplayable and after two rounds we checked if the lag was just as bad in Control. Well of course it was but somehow we just kept playing and I'm glad as hell we did because...

BAM

B0-wr_7IIAAOgEw.jpg

...motherfucking Gjallarhorn! The justice has been served! That is all for now, carry on =D
You've just gotten the best Heavy Weapon in the game. Congrats :D

I switched from the countless auto rifles and scout rifles I used to use to the Fatebringer.... I dont think I can ever go back. Its just so fun and satisfying to use.

The only thing I would use as my main over Fatebringer would be a raid version of the Suros/Galahad E. I don't think that exists yet.

This fucking PvP Thorn bounty. Such bullshit having to do a mode I don't really want to play and definitely aren't good enough to get. Why wasn't 500 points good enough? No, deaths reduce the number down. Fuck off.

Nesther

So does reporting players actually do anything? I was doing the moon strike when one of the random party members just sat down outside of the boss room, avoiding enemies. He'd randomly dance around and after the boss he ran in, picked up everything and danced in front of us.

That was just...wow.

Deku Tree

Hoped you enjoyed the free coins and legendary engram Deku. If you have an alt I'll be doing this again in like 20 minutes or so after I eat. And anytime, if you need this again after Tuesday let me know, hopefully that will be just as easy to cheese.

Yes I appreciate it. I am saving up for an exotic helmet for my Titan and I don't want to miss it if some exotic weapon that I want goes for sale next weekend too. I hope I can return the favor sometime.

Bossun

This fucking PvP Thorn bounty. Such bullshit having to do a mode I don't really want to play and definitely aren't good enough to get. Why wasn't 500 points good enough? No, deaths reduce the number down. Fuck off.

I feel for ya, I'm doing it right now too and it's such a pain in the ass even with atheon's epilogue as a voidwalker.

Join up pls.

figs pls.

Woops, I forgot about daylight savings. I'm on now.

Deku Tree

So does reporting players actually do anything? I was doing the moon strike when one of the random party members just sat down outside of the boss room, avoiding enemies. He'd randomly dance around and after the boss he ran in, picked up everything and danced in front of us.

That was just...wow.

I've never heard of anything happening to a reported player. And I think you would hear about. People would be moaning on the Internet if Bungie did anything to them.

Cømet

Banned
When I did the strikes for the Bad Juju bounty, I played several of them with a guy who acted just, well, weird. Initially, he would always stay at the spawn point, not moving. So I first assumed he was an AFKer. But after several minutes, he followed me and the other player, although it took him an eternity to get to us.

But it's not like he was waiting for us to clear the hard parts - no, he did indeed participate. However, he kept dying.. a lot. All the time. When I had a chance to watch what the hell he was doing, I saw he was just awfully careless. Left cover all the time, stormed headfirst into huge groups of enemies, and sometimes seriously just stood still in front of the boss, firing at it. At which point he unsurprisingly died again.

Several times though, he just went AFK during fights. For instance, during the Tank boss in the Mars strike, he was sitting on the rock in front of the tank area. First he kept sniping and shooting rockets, but at some point he just stopped. He didn't move at all. He wasn't waiting for the ammo to replenish either. Me and the third guy had to finish the fight alone.

However, most of the time me or the third guy died, he would instantly run to revive us. But again, he usually just ran straight for us instead of finding a safe route, so he died a few times.

This pattern repeated for, I dunno, five strikes or so? Nowhere to be seen for minutes, then slowly catching up, then dying constantly. What the hell was that about? Did someone let his kid play or what? The character was level 25, by the way.

The guy, apart from apparently being a bit crap, might've just been stuck doing other things whilst trying to play. I know people pick the worst times to ask me to do stuff, and then proceed to ask me to do a lot of dumb stuff every couple of minutes.

Feel bad for them, for their play time is probably quite limited. It's good that he kept trying to be helpful at least. I'd take that over these assholes who don't want to do anything at all.

So I got Invective from my first exotic bounty and then picked up the Bad JuJu bounty because I already had Timurs Lash and The Last Word. I havn't even finished it yet and I get the choice to go after Invective again or Thorn.

All I want is Pocket Infinity to replace my Light/Beware

When I did the strikes for the Bad Juju bounty, I played several of them with a guy who acted just, well, weird. Initially, he would always stay at the spawn point, not moving. So I first assumed he was an AFKer. But after several minutes, he followed me and the other player, although it took him an eternity to get to us.

But it's not like he was waiting for us to clear the hard parts - no, he did indeed participate. However, he kept dying.. a lot. All the time. When I had a chance to watch what the hell he was doing, I saw he was just awfully careless. Left cover all the time, stormed headfirst into huge groups of enemies, and sometimes seriously just stood still in front of the boss, firing at it. At which point he unsurprisingly died again.

Several times though, he just went AFK during fights. For instance, during the Tank boss in the Mars strike, he was sitting on the rock in front of the tank area. First he kept sniping and shooting rockets, but at some point he just stopped. He didn't move at all. He wasn't waiting for the ammo to replenish either. Me and the third guy had to finish the fight alone.

However, most of the time me or the third guy died, he would instantly run to revive us. But again, he usually just ran straight for us instead of finding a safe route, so he died a few times.

This pattern repeated for, I dunno, five strikes or so? Nowhere to be seen for minutes, then slowly catching up, then dying constantly. What the hell was that about? Did someone let his kid play or what? The character was level 25, by the way.

Sounds like you were matched with my 6 year old. That's pretty much exactly how he plays. The AFK moments are when he's either trying to manage his inventory in the heat of battle (because he picked up a green engram) or he's fighting with his brother.

So I got Invective from my first exotic bounty and then picked up the Bad JuJu bounty because I already had Timurs Lash and The Last Word. I havn't even finished it yet and I get the choice to go after Invective again or Thorn.

All I want is Pocket Infinity to replace my Light/Beware

when do the exotic weapon bounties appear? Is it just RNG?

I have 70 strange coins now and about 42 motes of light. I'm ready for you Xur for this friday because by then I will have at least 97 coins. If you have TLW, Kmucklehead Radar or Gjallahorn I'm buying them all.

joecanada

It's yet another bad design because its the ultimate selfish bounty. If your teams getting wasted you gotta quit out. I lost 25 points in one game as my team had no control and I couldn't get at special ammo

Da_Bears

Neo Member
So....have enough vanguard marks to get a weapon from them.
I have a purple pulse rifle from a level up with a faction, but nothing else good for a primary or heavy. I am okay with my specials as I have two decent snipers.

Should I get the auto rifle, scout rifle or just buy some gear and shard them?
I lean towards the scout rifle as I can control it easier than the AR.

Kydd BlaZe

Looking to do normal raid with my Hunter alt. He's only a level 26, but I have tons of experience with the VoG and fully leveled Ice Breaker, and Atheons Epilogue. Also have the Ghalajhorn, and the VoC.

PSN: Kydd-BlaZe.

Really want to make this run before the reset.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
best weapon in the game go: i think it's a tie between suros regime, gjallarhorn, pocket infinity, ice breaker, and bias aside hawkmoon, I haven't tried the last word or a bunch of other exotics myself though.

Looking to do normal raid with my Hunter alt. He's only a level 26, but I have tons of experience with the VoG and fully leveled Ice Breaker, and Atheons Epilogue. Also have the Ghalajhorn, and the VoC.

PSN: Kydd-BlaZe.

Really want to make this run before the reset.

I'm down to help. I'm only a 26 Hunter but have also been through it a number of times and have good weapons.

If we can get a team together, I'll definitely play. PSN is I_OU_aBeatn.

ocean

Banned
best weapon in the game go: i think it's a tie between suros regime, gjallarhorn, pocket infinity, ice breaker, and bias aside hawkmoon, I haven't tried the last word or a bunch of other exotics myself though.
I don't have Gjallarhorn but what I've seen it do makes it a solid contender for best Heavy. Ice Breaker and its crazy range + unlimited ammo make it an OP PvE weapon but it's not that good for PvP where green ammo is so abundant and stability matters so much.

For Primary, I am loving Suros but something tells me Vision of Confluence is a ridiculously good contender. It doesn't take up an exotic slot, it's got elemental damage and its a full auto Scout. Basically a dreamy combination right there.

Acorn

I've grown rather fond of the last word. Disliked the weak range at first but it has a fun niche

dengatron

Gjallarhorn for heavy. Icebreaker for special. Suros for primary. Icebreaker is incredibly handy even when it's not solar burn. Suros is borderline ridiculous with its mix of range accuracy and stability. Its a laser gun aimed straight at heads. Gjallarhorn is just... Dat damage

Zakalwe

Banned

Best or favourite?

In general:

Best would be Gallahorn in pve, closely followed by Ice Breaker.

Pvp Suros Regime for sure

My favorite overall is TLW by a huge margin. I really want Fatebringer and Praetorian's Foil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom