• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Good to hear some positive Invective talk!

I'm thinking of giving it to my Warlock alt for PVP. It tends to have a blink, shotgun, and melee oriented playstyle. And, being an alt, it won't have my best exotic primaries (I always forget to vault them).

Thank you to all the brave souls who dared cheese atheon on this eve of his patching.

A Vex was had by one. A Hawkmoon another. It was bright days.

Seriously, though, thanks, you guys.

Is it confirmed he's going to be patched today/tomorrow? I'd love to cheese just a bit more to try and get that Hawkmoon (have to try everything possible to get that gun..)

LiK

The range on the Invective is pretty nuts. I've been using it on my alt just to level it up and it's a great shotgun, just 4 shots can run out quickly and before the perk reloading is shit slow. Still get plenty of kills with it though.

i got killed by Invective so much in the Anomaly map. That guy pissed me off so much I decided to rush him with FV. Hoho, we won.

Does the trophy for completing a strike with your clan members not work for a weekly? Just did it and the trophy didn't pop for any of us.

Weird, I guess just go into an easy Strike like Devil's Lair instead. Super easy trophy.

void666

Banned
Got invited to a raid today. A group of raid newbies. Unfortunately i had to be the leader and relic bearer and explain how things worked. I just want to shoot stuff...
Anyway we did pretty well. Conflux, oracles and templar all done very fast. Maybe one or two wipes.
But things started to fall apart at the gatekeeper. People getting disconected and then having to leave because of RL stuff. We finally gave up.

Well, at least i got the boots i needed. Level 30 here i go.

LiK

Got invited to a raid today. A group of raid newbies. Unfortunately i had to be the leader and relic bearer and explain how things worked. I just want to shoot stuff...
Anyway we did pretty well. Conflux, oracles and templar all done very fast. Maybe one or two wipes.
But things started to fall apart at the gatekeeper. People getting disconected and then having to leave because of RL stuff. We finally gave up.

Well, at least i got the boots i needed. Level 30 here i go.

poor Todd

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I am happy with Hezen Vengeance. I don't want to sacrifice my primary exotic for Gjallarhorn.

butthurt that I don't have it yet :(

Namikaze1

I'm glad I have the Vision of Hype so that I can have Hypehorn equipped. And when the situation calls for it, I can switch Hypehorn for Corrective Measure and equip Hypebreaker. Now, if only I can get The Last Hype and Hypebringer...

Yaari

Looking at some videos, I hope Nexus won't be the next Nightfall. I can see myself messing up that jump above Nexus many times.

LiK

I'm glad I have the Vision of Hype so that I can have Hypehorn equipped. And when the situation calls for it, I can switch Hypehorn for Corrective Measure and equip Hypebreaker. Now, if only I can get The Last Hype and Hypebringer...

Corrective Hype. c'mon bro

ethomaz

Banned
I don't have the G.

I have Hezen Vengeance and it is amazing for PVE and PVP... the 10 kills in a row minutes ago was because Hezen Vengeance with 3 shots per reload.

This rocket launched and the Sunbro's stick grenades are giving a lot of trouble to the other players in PVP.

Squalltdx

Any suggestions on the best place to kill 10 Cabal Majors/Ultras? I think it's the first time I can recall this bounty popping in the time I've been playing. Kinda strange since I play pretty much every day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Please? My night off!!
You're in.
What time?
What time? And what do you mean by legit?
Hmmm. 6:00PM EDT work? And I mean-
Crouch only, no elemental damage weapons allowed, no supers and only one grenade per person.
Lol! no
I'm assuming its a run that's lactose intolerant.
Yes. I'll teach a viable, non-cheesy strategy and we'll play patient and get it done :)
I'm down if there's still room. What time? I can run legit on my main but my Warlock will probably have to Ice Break from afar when I run with him so his level 27 ass doesn't get whooped.
I'll keep you in mind as well when looking to form up the group.

Namikaze1

My raid team should attempt a flawless run on hard. We made it as far as the third conflux round. I think we can do it.
We just got to believe in ourselves...and Hypehorn!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No problem... I can do that another day :)

Thanks btw.
Too late now? that checkpoint makes it so easy and you'll lose it...
Hey, Hawkian, any tips for a new Hawkmoon owner? Its upgrade path looks pretty straightforward.
It is very straightforward. Choose Send it when you unlock it.

NEVER reload before the mag is empty. Even before you unlock the perks, you need to get used to it. You can waste the "extra damage" shots whereas you're guaranteed to fire them if you go through all 13. Don't be afraid to fire from the hip, it's very accurate and the faster aiming means it's sometimes even the better option if you're unlikely to get a headshot. What class are you again?
Hah, was wondering and feel the same. ;)
There's a cabal majors bounty! Awesome! I might run the Dust Palace strike in a bit to do this, will ask here :)

Lima

My raid team should attempt a flawless run on hard. We made it as far as the third conflux round. I think we can do it.
We just got to believe in ourselves...and Hypehorn!

It's really easy if everyone is 30.

We did it last Tuesday in 43 minutes. We are so going to beat our time tomorrow.

Any suggestions on the best place to kill 10 Cabal Majors/Ultras? I think it's the first time I can recall this bounty popping in the time I've been playing. Kinda strange since I play pretty much every day.

Play the daily story mission.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

The entrance to Dust palace. You have a good chance of running into Majors and there is one Ultra who is always there. Just go in circles with them respawning and you shouldn't take more than 15-30 minutes to get 10 kills.

ethomaz

Banned
Exclusion Zone with Heroic modifier... 9 in the first part (2nd drop ship) and more 5 or 6 in the second part... if you die in the first part you can get the 9 again... it is like 5 minutes to complete the bounty.

LiK

i dunno why, i just do better on left Conflux during Templar part. the right confuses me cuz i don't go there much. once i went left, it was pretty smooth for us.

actually, i go wherever figs does. she's too good.

maomaoIYP

Hah, was wondering and feel the same. ;)

Do a heroic on the very first Mars mission. Right after you open the base doors the 2nd wave of enemy has 9 major legionaries, 2 regular phalanxes and 1 shielded regular dude. Kill the 9, let the phalanxes kill you, respawn just as the base doors open.

Namikaze1

i dunno why, i just do better on left Conflux during Templar part. the right confuses me cuz i don't go there much. once i went left, it was pretty smooth for us.

actually, i go wherever figs does. she's too good.
Right is easy for me to solo. I can do right side pretty much by myself when playing as my Titan Defender. I can hold my own for a while with my Sunsinger but during the third round of the Conflux phase, I may need someone to back me up.

And yes, Fig-senpai is just too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom