• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
RNGesus found a new way to screw me over. Did the Normal Raid a few hours ago and I got not one, but two (TWO) of the same Raid leg armor my Hunter was already wearing. God. Damn. It.

Gotta love when you stumble upon these type chests. Few and far between. I think I've had 3-4 like this the entire time playing. Although one chest on the moon had 3 legendary engrams in them (all turned rare back before patch).

B0hKhU_IUAAks-z.jpg:orig

B0qvtcXIMAEoGAM.jpg:orig

Frenden

Banned
It is very straightforward. Choose Send it when you unlock it.

NEVER reload before the mag is empty. Even before you unlock the perks, you need to get used to it. You can waste the "extra damage" shots whereas you're guaranteed to fire them if you go through all 13. Don't be afraid to fire from the hip, it's very accurate and the faster aiming means it's sometimes even the better option if you're unlikely to get a headshot. What class are you again?

Okay. That all makes sense!

It'll float between a level 29 Hunter (Gunslinger with the Red Hand, Spine and Pocket Infinity or Hawkmoon and FWC's Fusion) and my Warlock alt that badly needs legendary gear and is currently rep grinding.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay. That all makes sense!

It'll float between a level 29 Hunter (Gunslinger with the Red Hand, Spine and Pocket Infinity or Hawkmoon and FWC's Fusion) and my Warlock alt that badly needs legendary gear and is currently rep grinding.
on your hunter knucklehead can extend the life of hawkmoon in pve and pvp letting you keep your radar during ADS if you get the chance to pick it up. some legendary hcs have it built in, but to run hawkmoon you don't have that option so it's good synergy. On Voidwalker, the surge effect can be cool with it especially on maps where you need to switch weapons.

Thank to the team I just played with. Finally got the two things I was looking for.

Got my boots that'll bump me up to level 30 and got VoC.

15027300343_0fdff6246c_b.jpg

15647468415_3fcdbef381_b.jpg

Frenden

Banned
on your hunter knucklehead can extend the life of hawkmoon in pve and pvp letting you keep your radar during ADS if you get the chance to pick it up. some legendary hcs have it built in, but to run hawkmoon you don't have that option so it's good synergy. On Voidwalker, the surge effect can be cool with it especially on maps where you need to switch weapons.

I have radar on my explosive-rounds Red Hand hand cannon and it's been my PVP go to. Knucklehead makes sense.

I'm gearing up the Warlock alt for hand cannon use. FWC gauntlets w/hand cannon buffs, Vanguard helm, grenade/melee recharge recirprocating on both, bloom and Voidfang Vestments. It's a total DPS build that counts on chaining bloom kills with Axion bolts.

I have radar on my explosive-rounds Red Hand hand cannon and it's been my PVP go to. Knucklehead makes sense.

I'm gearing up the Warlock alt for hand cannon use. FWC gauntlets w/hand cannon buffs, Vanguard helm, grenade/melee recharge recirprocating on both, bloom and Voidfang Vestments. It's a total DPS build that counts on chaining bloom kills with Axion bolts.

Voidfang Vestments are broken in pvp. You'll have unlimited Axion bolts at the ready.

I dont know why I've never complained about the Suros in PvP but jesus fucking christ that thing is ridiculous. 3 headshots from 30 yards away are you serious.

ORLY? Googling...

I'll just tell you. I found out yesterday facing against fellow sunbros/voidwalkers in Crucible. Unlock Improved Axion Bolt on Voidfang Vestments that makes you respawn with full grenade.

When you use a grenade, you can go to Options and switch out a weapon. This switching triggers the "respawn with full grenade" code which makes you have full grenade energy.

Makes it more OP with sunbros with Gift of the Sun. Use two grenades in a firefight, go behind cover, switch weapons, instant grenade energy to use another two grenades. Try it out for yourself. I tried it on patrol on Earth and it does indeed work.

Frenden

Banned
I'll just tell you. I found out yesterday facing against fellow sunbros/voidwalkers in Crucible. Unlock Improved Axion Bolt on Voidfang Vestments that makes you respawn with full grenade.

When you use a grenade, you can go to Options and switch out a weapon. This switching triggers the "respawn with full grenade" code which makes you have full grenade energy.

Makes it more OP with sunbros with Gift of the Sun. Use two grenades in a firefight, go behind cover, switch weapons, instant grenade energy to use another two grenades. Try it out for yourself. I tried it on patrol on Earth and it does indeed work.

OH MY LORD. Wow. Wow. I... Yeah.

X-Frame

Wow, GAF I just got the Timebreaker Legendary Sparrow from Normal mode in the Raid. I thought it was Hard Mode exclusive?

Is there a different one from Hard Mode?

Lima

Wow, GAF I just got the Timebreaker Legendary Sparrow from Normal mode in the Raid. I thought it was Hard Mode exclusive?

Is there a different one from Hard Mode?

No people also assume that the helmet is exclusive to hard but it's not. I've seen it drop on normal and otherwise you wouldn't be getting two of them from Atheon if you play on hard right away.

Thanks for joining rayuma. I also happened to get a legendary engram which turned into a Shadow Price with field scout. I just bought a Vanquisher VIII too.

X-Frame

No people also assume that the helmet is exclusive to hard but it's not. I've seen it drop on normal and otherwise you wouldn't be getting two of them from Atheon if you play on hard right away.

Wow, mind blown. I assume they're just a lot more common on Hard, but otherwise not exclusive. Interesting!

rayuma

Thanks for joining rayuma. I also happened to get a legendary engram which turned into a Shadow Price with field scout. I just bought a Vanquisher VIII too.

Nice! I'm doing the nightfall strike right now and wanted to switch my alt before the end. Could I invite you if you're still on?

stupei

Okay, I feel like an idiot, but maybe GAF already knows how to fix this:

Tried streaming Destiny in a fireteam and the other players on mic didn't come through in the stream. Tried running the chat directly through the game and also through party chat -- did not think to switch its priority to "game," which I guess could be the issue -- and still nothing.

Everything I've found through googling seems to suggest that it should simply work from fireteam, so I have no idea unless the Sony Gold headset is somehow the problem.

NeOak

hehe thx.

man, my friend needs help with the gatekeepers and atheon on normal... if anyone wants in right now send me a msg on PSN at Hawkian. We need two more, they are first timers and I have done it a few times.

If you don't mind someone semi new, i'll go

mstevens

Just hit 29!

Still don't get how the damage mitigation works. Will that help me at all against the normal raid, or do the benefits stop once you hit the level of the enemy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom