• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

You're in.

Hmmm. 6:00PM EDT work? And I mean-

Lol! no

Yes. I'll teach a viable, non-cheesy strategy and we'll play patient and get it done :)

I'll keep you in mind as well when looking to form up the group.

I don't usually get on until 9PM. I'd be happy to join the group but I am all booked up until then, so please go ahead without me.

Quazar

Got my new scout rifle, vision of confluence. Always get epilogue lol.

Can I get drops from bosses already beaten today in vog if I play again? I've already done atheon on normal and hard.

nowai

Got my new scout rifle, vision of confluence. Always get epilogue lol.

Can I get drops from bosses already beaten today in vog if I play again? I've already done atheon on normal and hard.

In about 4 hours when the reset happens you can. ;)

dengatron

Done the hard raid twice and gotten a Mythoclast both times haha

seen so many people that get a mythoclast every time and bunta and i are going to be on near 20 attempts after this week each without one. i know it's all rng, but for a game with a raid cycle of less than 3 months with this first dlc coming soonish and a shit ton of attempts per week if you level a new character daily, then something has to give. i don't want to have to put this much effort into getting the hive raids version of mythoclast.

RNGesus smiled upon me today. My friends and I did our first Nightfall before the reset, and it was damn hard. But for my efforts, I got The Last Word. They got legendaries, and were less than thrilled.

I turned in a bounty for finishing a Nightfall strike, and got an exotic bounty for Bad Juju.

Aww yiss.

Now I just need some exotic armor to hit 28.

MildSoss

Man, hand cannons are ridiculous in PVE. I went and bought TDYK on gaf's recommendation today and i think i'm in love. Can't believe i've never touched them till today, makes the gun play new and refreshing now.

breakfuss

Okay, I feel like an idiot, but maybe GAF already knows how to fix this:

Tried streaming Destiny in a fireteam and the other players on mic didn't come through in the stream. Tried running the chat directly through the game and also through party chat -- did not think to switch its priority to "game," which I guess could be the issue -- and still nothing.

Everything I've found through googling seems to suggest that it should simply work from fireteam, so I have no idea unless the Sony Gold headset is somehow the problem.

Pretty sure that's by design. I've yet to see a PS4 stream with chat audio that included anyone other than the person streaming.

rayuma

Thanks for the help toasty! Those Knights really put up a fight at the end there. I was hoping to get the Gjallarhorn but instead got that crappy pulse rifle.

Quazar

Done the hard raid twice and gotten a Mythoclast both times haha

So how does vog work with drops? Can I keep just doing atheon checkpoints and get drops? I thought once you do raid once killing bosses doesn't give you anymore until refresh. Or is that just for chests?

blackjaw

Had 6 tiger strikes just quit or sit around tonight, ridiculous. Waste of my time of someone decides to hide the whole time or just flat out quit.

breakfuss

Giant Bomb VoG stream had people's voices, they simply used the in-game chat. Dunno how he was set up tho.

Oh? Hmmmm. I wonder how they got it to work. Maybe there's a toggle in settings. No one I know has had success. Even with other games (Minecraft, CoD, Destiny). Super frustrating. I just assumed it was some sort of privacy thing.

phen0m24

Gotta love when you stumble upon these type chests. Few and far between. I think I've had 3-4 like this the entire time playing. Although one chest on the moon had 3 legendary engrams in them (all turned rare back before patch).

I call those Christmas boxes. :) Got one last night with 12 spirit bloom!

J-Rzez

Man, hand cannons are ridiculous in PVE. I went and bought TDYK on gaf's recommendation today and i think i'm in love. Can't believe i've never touched them till today, makes the gun play new and refreshing now.

It's nearly impossible to go back to anything else outside of maybe scouts after using one. So good in pve and even more gratifying in PvP. Thus why I want a legendary handcannon so bad. I have thorn and it sucks compared to fixer and tdyk even. Yes upgraded even.

Unfortunately I still haven't got TLW or even Hawkmoon to drop yet and I'm pretty burnt on playing in hopes of one dropping because it's not going to happen for me.

And screw Xur selling anything other than TLW. He hasn't sold a handcannon yet afaik.

Anyone doing normal raids? Bringing my alt in for the first time.

Level 26 Hunter

My main is a Level 30 Titan. Plenty of hard and normal clears.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

seen so many people that get a mythoclast every time and bunta and i are going to be on near 20 attempts after this week each without one. i know it's all rng, but for a game with a raid cycle of less than 3 months with this first dlc coming soonish and a shit ton of attempts per week if you level a new character daily, then something has to give. i don't want to have to put this much effort into getting the hive raids version of mythoclast.

I've got 13 hard raid completes with 0 mythoclast (drdrizzay101). 5 ugly ass ships, 4 sparrows, 3 helmets, etc... I know the gun sucks now and I'm happier with my Fatebringer but it still irks me when people get it to drop 4 out of 6 times or whatever, haha. Hopefully I'll get it this week with the reset in time for the PvE buff.

Frenden

Banned
I'm trying to be miserly with my shards, but I guess I should fully upgrade the exotic gauntlets and raid helm if nothing else. I have the Iron Banner Rank 3 legendary chest, but I guess sinking mats into it is a bad idea with the possible re-roll/uselessness of it compared to the subsequent level 30 version.

If I have a raid helm, an exotic, and legendary boots and chest, do I need to sink shards into the boots and chest to hit 29 beyond the first of the last column?

I was 28 with a full exotic and legendaries upgraded to the first of the last column, but the new raid helm has muddied how best to progress to 29 for me. My mama didn't raise a mathematician.

LiK

I've got 13 hard raid completes with 0 mythoclast (drdrizzay101). 5 ugly ass ships, 4 sparrows, 3 helmets, etc... I know the gun sucks now and I'm happier with my Fatebringer but it still irks me when people get it to drop 4 out of 6 times or whatever, haha. Hopefully I'll get it this week with the reset in time for the PvE buff.

How was the flawless run?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I'm trying to be miserly with my shards, but I guess I should fully upgrade the exotic gauntlets and raid helm if nothing else. I have the Iron Banner Rank 3 legendary chest, but I guess sinking mats into it is a bad idea with the possible re-roll/uselessness of it compared to the subsequent level 30 version.

If I have a raid helm, an exotic, and legendary boots and chest, do I need to sink shards into the boots and chest to hit 29 beyond the first of the last column?

I was 28 with a full exotic and legendaries upgraded to the first of the last column, but the new raid helm has muddied how best to progress to 29 for me. My mama didn't raise a mathematician.

You will have to fully level one of your non 30 light capable armors to hit 29. I know because I did the math before I did it as I am stingy with all my currency.

Kaiken

Banned
Thank to the team I just played with. Finally got the two things I was looking for.

Got my boots that'll bump me up to level 30 and got VoC.

15027300343_0fdff6246c_b.jpg

15647468415_3fcdbef381_b.jpg
Congrats! If ya need a hand again when I'm free just drop a msg.

gatti-man

Helped out some buds beat/cheese atheon hm got warlock helmet and legendary speeder for my troubles. Only pants to go and ill have 3 level 30s. Two titans and a lock.

How was the flawless run?

Still doing it now. First run we had one death on the jumping, second run just ended due to a disconnection. So... business as usual, lol.

We're going to get it as soon as the bugs/disconnects allow. I'm completely confident for every phase by now. Need to finish in time for the reset.

Nameless

I was impressed by the Suros but not blown away. Can't say the same thing about VoC. With stock damage the thing was cutting down lvl 28 enemies in the daily with ease, then dominated in tiger strikes. This shit hits HARD. It's absurd. There's definitely a moral argument for not maxing it out; no one guardian should have that much power.

gatti-man

Ive done hardmode 10 times now. 1 mytho. I know plentyvof people without one. I bet its drop rate is around 5%.

Oh? Hmmmm. I wonder how they got it to work. Maybe there's a toggle in settings. No one I know has had success. Even with other games (Minecraft, CoD, Destiny). Super frustrating. I just assumed it was some sort of privacy thing.

I think they are using the in-game team chat instead of party chat.
Then you can prioritize the speakers over the headphones (or have both) and it will stream to the outside world.

I've seen so many lvl 26-27's with unupgraded Mythoclasts that I will be so glad when the new Crota raid super rare item will be out and hopefully non-cheeseable.

LiK

Still doing it now. First run we had one death on the jumping, second run just ended due to a disconnection. So... business as usual, lol.

We're going to get it as soon as the bugs/disconnects allow. I'm completely confident for every phase by now. Need to finish in time for the reset.

I can't sleep. If you need me, let me know in 5 min

Frenden

Banned
Everything I need to level right now requires relic iron and it's the only mat I don't have routes to farm. I guess I need to suck it up and watch some route videos.

Onemic

It's nearly impossible to go back to anything else outside of maybe scouts after using one. So good in pve and even more gratifying in PvP. Thus why I want a legendary handcannon so bad. I have thorn and it sucks compared to fixer and tdyk even. Yes upgraded even.

Unfortunately I still haven't got TLW or even Hawkmoon to drop yet and I'm pretty burnt on playing in hopes of one dropping because it's not going to happen for me.

And screw Xur selling anything other than TLW. He hasn't sold a handcannon yet afaik.

isnt thorn an exotic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom