• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixxan

this is probably a stupid question because RNG duh

but do people get duplicates of raid gear during the raid?

for example all i need is the arm slot piece, but i guess its completely possible to get a second chest, or legs, etc - and just dismantle them

guess ive just never seen people complain about that particular RNG fate

Midas

for example all i need is the arm slot piece, but i guess its completely possible to get a second chest, or legs, etc - and just dismantle them

Yes. I've got the gloves twice.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Sure do lol. Good luck haha.

EL CUCO

Also, had fun Hard Raiding with various Gaffers who hopped in and out last night. Thanks for the fun, I managed to snag Praetorian Foil. Wasn't what I was hoping for (Gimme Mah Boots!) but I'll take it. Cuco got Fatebringer and now I hate him
j/k but not really!
Yakp7PW.jpg

It was fun! Looking forward to doing it again. Holy crap, does the Fatebringer need a ton of Relic Iron to upgrade. Time to put my farmer pants on.

I´ve got just a chest piece from the raid and i got it twice, so yeah, i sharded it and then i cursed the gods.

X-Frame

holy shit, just got gjallarhorn from the nightfall. YES YES YES YES

Awesome! I really hope to get it as well this week. That and Hawkmoon. And even Red Death.

There was a strike with all three burns and the last was arc.

Oh right, that was before Xur sold Icebreaker. I can't wait until Solar Burn again, but I have a feeling the terrible Mars mission where all the Cabal have solar weapons will be it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
2 Nightfalls done
Got The Cure, Legendary Void Rocket Launcher, already have, turned into 3 Ascendant Energies
Got Final Rest II, Legendary Fusion Rifle, never ever seen this one before
I have Void Light/Beware which is way better
XcmvwhJ.jpg

So far I'll most likely get 5 Ascendent Energies for doing NF so far...

Last week I got two pair of boots in the same run...

Fuck yeah, soloed the Nightfall this morning (first time ever doing it solo) was super stoked, the Nexus fight was intense, I was a sliver away from dying at one point when I got hung up on an object at my cheese spot and almost guy void blasted to death.

8 Strange Coins as my loot. Oh well. Maybe the cosmic justice will be Xur selling TLW this weekend.

Bladelaw

People are still funneling in XP to extra Legendary gear before sharding it right? I thought that a leveled (but not necessarily upgraded) piece gives more shards than a fresh piece.

realcZk

People are still funneling in XP to extra Legendary gear before sharding it right? I thought that a leveled (but not necessarily upgraded) piece gives more shards than a fresh piece.

I think that only applies to legendary weapons but I'm not sure. (Fully upgraded XP on legendary weapons can yield 5 energies)?

Omni

Are you fucking kidding me

Did the raid once on normal, once on hard from the gatekeepers and once with the Atheon cheese. (different characters)

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I got the fucking ship that I already have like four of and three shards

I'm so irritated at this crap. I've spent hours doing the hard raid and I've got nothing to show for it. Whoever designed this loot system should be fired. Yes, I'm angry. It's bullshit that someone can just grab the checkpoint and get all the strongest gear and weapons by chance.

Are you fucking kidding me

Did the raid once on normal, once on hard from the gatekeepers and once with the Atheon cheese. (different characters)

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I got the fucking ship that I already have like four of and three shards

I'm so irritated at this crap. I've spent hours doing the hard raid and I've got nothing to show for it. Whoever designed this loot system should be fired. Yes, I'm angry. It's bullshit that someone can just grab the checkpoint and get all the strongest gear and weapons by chance.

That´s (almost) better than fucking chatterwhite over and over and over, i have nightmares with that shit, and in the meanwhile one of my buds got already 2 mythoclast, Vision of Confluence, helmets, chestpiece and shards cheesing atheon just 3 times.

Yeah, I hope he gets it, too. Congrats on finally getting it yourself.

Thanks man! I'll be rooting for you guys. I'm sure this will be the week and then we'll all have time to level it up before the PvE buff hits. I've got a second Pocket Infinity bounty now so it will help a lot with those Nightfall fusion rifle kills.

Fully leveling a weapon (without putting anything into it) will get you 5 energies and a telemetry.

Fully leveling armor gets you... two shards. Nothing extra.

This is probably laziness on my end, but real life caught up to me and I wasn't able to practically dedicate any real time onto gaming in the past month. (too much travelling and late-night work )... I haven't touched Destiny since end of September. -_-

How has things changed since then? Been really out-of-the-loop.

Namikaze1

Nightfall was great to me 2 out of 3 times this week. Got Plan C and Helm of Saint-14. The legendary engram I got with my Titan gave me another Unfriendly Giant, this time with Void. -__-

Honestly, I need a bigger Vault.

You cant collect all Exotics unless they build another bigger vault dammit!
My weapons bank is nearly full. A bit more than half of it is exotic. The rest is raid weapons.

My gear side has just two rows fill up. All but one is exotic.

realcZk

This is probably laziness on my end, but real life caught up to me and I wasn't able to practically dedicate any real time onto gaming in the past month. (too much travelling and late-night work )... I haven't touched Destiny since end of September. -_-

Bungie nerfed some weapons, otherwise everything remains the same. We are still waiting on news for the patches that bring buffs/changes/raid fixes.

Things havent changed.. well they did fix the engram stuff..but other than that, its the same game and we are still doing the same missions :)

oh and they nerfed a few things :(

hydruxo

Too much to list in a post off the top of my head. Your best bet is to go back and read the hotfix/patch notes and weekly updates on bungie.net.

Cømet

Banned
I've been good and done some work, so I shall do a nightfall as a short-ish break. Nexus is it, with void? Anyone want to tag along?

I think that only applies to legendary weapons but I'm not sure. (Fully upgraded XP on legendary weapons can yield 5 energies)?

Personally tested this and you are correct, armor does not give increased mats, but weapons do. I have received six energy from a weapon before as well. Fully leveled, but did not "purchase" any of the upgrades.

I get either ass mats or legs every time. Still need the gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom