• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
patch notes
Summary
This update makes Destiny a more stable experience for all players. We’re also changing the player experience in the Raid to ensure that the activity provides an endgame challenge that meets project goals for the intended level of difficulty.

General
Fixed an issue in which multiple errors reported with Zebra error codes
Errors previously reporting as Zebra will now display as their own separate codes
Fixed a rare issue related to being Kicked To Login repeatedly
Fixed a rare issue that resulted in a Kick To Orbit reported with the Cockatoo error code

Servers
Fixed an issue where some players would occasionally be erroneously kicked at the beginning of an activity due to a server error
Increased protection against account corruption

Raid
Fixed an issue where Atheon was not choosing random targets for teleport through the timestream during the final encounter on the Vault of Glass
Fixed an exploit where Atheon could be forced off his platform

More updates are to follow as we continue to support Destiny. Future enhancements being worked on include Exotic Weapon tuning, new features for voice communication between matchmade teammates, and the ability to hold more Bounties in your pocket at any time.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I like that Bungie priorities are straight.

Heck, at this point they probably consider the raid bugs to make it harder and thus they don't think they have to fix them.

Strider

Are you serious?! That's the update? Holy shit. I've tried not to bitch much but yea... 2 weeks and the only changes are the raid one's.. and no actual glitch fixes at that. smh

realcZk

Haha I like how the site said you wouldn't be disconnected from any current activities but it looks like everyone was. Oh well, still looking forward to some actual interesting changes in the future.

Jinjo

Patch Notes. Site is updated, patch is live.

Good job Bungie on ignoring the more urgent problems with the game. Pretty obvious the patch was in certification oblivion for weeks now. Doesn't even include templar fix, let alone actually fixing the raid's real issues. Portal glitches and the like. How about the promised exotic weapon buffs to mytho, bad juju & thorn so Suros is not the go-to weapon anymore.

Daemul

Fixed an issue where Atheon was not choosing random targets for teleport through the timestream during the final encounter on the Vault of Glass

jean_claude_got_moves.gif

Fuck, no details in the patch notes about how we should be playing Destiny this week! I am really concerned I am not playing it the way Bungie intended and I don't want to play the game wrong and accidentally enjoy it.

MADGAME

Fuck fuck fuck Destiny patch.

Sorry @GalacticToast the patch dropped me.

The pause feature works :D

Update is Live, I just got booted

Shit. Was at the boss on Nightfall and just got booted for the update.

Update kicked us out during Flawless attempt. FU BUNGIE

The asshole game just kicked me out to update while I had the heroic strike boss at 5%. :|

Just got disconnected for an update.

Just got kicked out, new patch is in. Are there notes?

Oh shoot. Shit just got real. Patch incoming?

Just got kicked from a game because there's an update downloading, PS4

Got kicked from nightfall. Patch is going live.

"A new destiny update is available."
No more cheese?

Patch went live! Shit just got real.

20120829-204216.jpg

Nothing about the real bugs huh (portal glitches etc)? Come on Bungie. Get your priorities straight or at least communicate why stuff like that either isn't so high, or takes longer.

Sane_Man

After the patch I had a present in the post and it's a Jackolyte item which is a Jack O Lantern thing. It's a consumable and the description is "The hive may haunt the dreams of children, but you haunt the dreams of the hive".

Must be a halloween thing.

Bizazedo

"A new destiny update is available."
No more cheese?

The pasted patch notes don't mention Templar, which imho is the more important of the two to patch since he'd be, theoretically, more of a roadblock if they stopped the sniping and the knocking off the ledge.

God damn Bungie get it together. And I see Deej has shifted into only lurking on forums now. You see what your community complains about. Yet you do nothing to fix them. And now you made it harder for first time raiders to be viable.

I like how they disable comments on their update blogs now, lol.

I still think random selection is dumb for atheon, more dice rolling thanks bungie.

hydruxo

And yet no mention of fixing the glitches in VoG or the mission countdown timer which is still broken and has been since VoG came out. Bungie has the strangest priorities.

Midas

More bounties is a nice addition. Thanks for that.

It will be interesting to see how crazy it'll get during the raid tonight.

They didn't fix glitches I bet.

Yep. T-minus one hour until videos start to surface of Atheon being cheesed some other way.

Meanwhile, they continue not to address the real problem with the raid: their damn loot system. Our group has done it at every opportunity since the week it came out, with alt characters, on hard, etc., etc.

Of the six of us, one of us has two full sets of raid armor, meanwhile- we have two people with only one piece of raid armor, period. How are they supposed to feel about this game right now?

Steroyd

You won't get kicked out of your current activity they said, bullfuckingshit.

Flawless Raider run, why you such a temptress.

Tawpgun

Good job Bungie on ignoring the more urgent problems with the game. Pretty obvious the patch was in certification oblivion for weeks now. Doesn't even include templar fix, let alone actually fixing the raid's real issues. Portal glitches and the like. How about the promised exotic weapon buffs to mytho, bad juju & thorn so Suros is not the go-to weapon anymore.

They said they're working on it in the most recent patch notes lol.

What's better, to patch them quick and dirty now which can lead to other and maybe more imbalances. Or to make sure the balance changes work well? Shit requires testing to make sure a patch doesn't break something else in the game. Because if it did people would be shitting all over them for that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Future enhancements being worked on include Exotic Weapon tuning, new features for voice communication between matchmade teammates, and the ability to hold more Bounties in your pocket at any time.
interesting. I didn't know anything about bounties was on the docket

ethomaz

Banned
Well obviously that's the beta version, and the in game stats are different now :p

I have it and it's what I use when I need to switch out the Red Death for another exotic. It's pretty much the Red Death with a bit less impact and without the godly perks.
Yeap... I google it.

If you don't care about the translation... this is the actual:

B1CyYShIEAEJrN-.jpg:large

Everything different.

arimanius

Two weeks for that? They need to step up their game and start patching more things quickly.

Easier said than done I know but nothing kills MMO game quicker than slower response times for fixing issues.

How was this ever an issue or bug with Atheon teleporting those in the back. Complete bs if that got through all the testing your team has done. And open the comments back up.

Grimsen

Nothing about the real bugs huh (portal glitches etc)? Come on Bungie. Get your priorities straight or at least communicate why stuff like that either isn't so high, or takes longer.

Oh, they got their priorities straight. The cheese was ruining their leveling curve and DLC release calendar.

Swag

And yet no mention of fixing the glitches in VoG or the mission countdown timer which is still broken and has been since VoG came out. Bungie has the strangest priorities.

Mission countdown timer isn't broken in VoG iirc, it's intended to work like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom