• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Did our final cheesing this morning of hard mode.

What did I get from Atheon? 6 Energies.
Went to nightfall. Got 6 Shards.

For the life of me, I do not know why bungie would make "The hardest thing we've ever put into a game", and reward players with materials.

When doing the nightfall, the other half of our raid party got a 3 man exotic drop. I got to hear their excitement before my ultimate disappointment. Shut the PS4 off after that in a small, yet justified rage.

Yaari

My raiding probably stops here as well. Too much of a hassle to get myself into raids without a mic. I would have been fine doing Normal until I got my VoC, but whatever. It's not so much the changes to Atheon, as that is a very short fight on Normal. More so the trouble of finding people willing to deal with a no mic user, as I completely understand the annoyance in that.

Still happy with what I've gotten. Clearing Atheon only 8 times and having 2 Vex is much more than I deserved haha.

arimanius

I feel so left behind in this game when reading this thread. Everyone has all of these advanced strategies and stuff. I just got to level 28 and really want to try to raid, but all of this stuff about people messing up during it has me worried. Plus, I can't seem to find many people still on PS3 to try it with.

Just kinda frustrating when I feel like I have been playing it a lot since launch.

I feel your pain. I've played everyday and haven't raided or even done nightfall yet. Have a 28 Titan, 24 hunter, and 24 warlock.

Just busy schedule and no irl friends that are playing so makes it difficult without matchmaking.

Wait until base level 20. If you can get your vanguard score up, purchase some legendaries. No need to rely on RNG at levels below 24 or so.

Farm materials and rank up your vanguard/crucible/faction to rank 2. Don't bother upgrading the rare armors. Just focus on doing that and you'll be able to buy legendary gear. And by then, you'll have the material to upgrade them.

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll just keep at it then until I get a legendary or base level 20 rare.

Did our final cheesing this morning of hard mode.

What did I get from Atheon? 6 Energies.
Went to nightfall. Got 6 Shards.

For the life of me, I do not know why bungie would make "The hardest thing we've ever put into a game", and reward players with materials.

When doing the nightfall, the other half of our raid party got a 3 man exotic drop. I got to hear their excitement before my ultimate disappointment. Shut the PS4 off after that in a small, yet justified rage.

as said multiple times before, RNG is going to RNG... I understand you though, it sucks!

Don´t know WHY the hell Bungie went with random loot drop for everything and not rewarding good play with good rewards in PVP.

At the boss for nightfall on xone would like some help cause I have no idea how to get to the spot. Guess I can try to deal with the minatour. Gt same as GAF. Figure someone might need this and will just need to help with boss.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
as said multiple times before, RNG is going to RNG... I understand you though, it sucks!

Don´t know WHY the hell Bungie went with random loot drop for everything and not rewarding good play with good rewards in PVP.

I can tolerate random, to an extent.
My issue is considering materials as a "reward"

GobFather

Is it a skin, or an actual helm with light level and all?

I see.. Thanks!

Oh I haven't seen that yet. The iOS app doesn't show anything waiting for me at the postmaster...

I still haven't used it but hopefully the pictures help :)

kINMcQ8.jpg

N2n55Gj.jpg

I get the fixing of pushing bosses off ledges, but I feel like many of the changes Bungie is making are in light of the fact that they don't want players getting through the content that is there quickly. Because there's still over a month until we get any new content. So they want players to have a hard time getting to the point where they can say "I've done it all." Designing a game that keeps players coming back and takes time to "clear" is one thing. But making things harder just to keep it spicy or interesting just to cover up the fact that you launched the game without a decent content schedule and natural roll out of new material is not.

NeOak

I get the fixing of pushing bosses off ledges, but I feel like many of the changes Bungie is making are in light of the fact that they don't want players getting through the content that is there quickly. Because there's still over a month until we get any new content. So they want players to have a hard time getting to the point where they can say "I've done it all." Designing a game that keeps players coming back and takes time to "clear" is one thing. But making things harder just to keep it spicy or interesting just to cover up the fact that you launched the game without a decent content schedule and natural roll out of new material is not.

That's what happened to FFXIV 1.0.

The stamina system lol.

hydruxo

The teleport fix doesn't really bother me much. I feel confident about shooting oracles and holding the relic. I haven't been on the outside any but I've got a clear idea of where to stand to avoid supplicants.

If anything I think this 'fix' is a good thing. Right now it might be frustrating, but give it a couple weeks and people will be more competent at all the positions during Atheon.

LordofPwn

That would be fine if, you know, rng didn't hate me. :/

I'm fine with crappy loot as long as I'm having fun. :)

really? that sucks, they drop like candy out of a piñata for me. got 2 after beating Atheon on HM saturday, which made 5 drops out of 7 raids.

Ambitious

Am I missing something or is it really not possible to look at the perks of the vendors' weapons on bungie.net, and more importantly, the damage type? In the companion app, I can tap on them, but on the website, clicking doesn't do anything.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Am I missing something or is it really not possible to look at the perks of the vendors' weapons on bungie.net, and more importantly, the damage type? In the companion app, I can tap on them, but on the website, clicking doesn't do anything.
Not possible on website.

MADGAME

Even worse, the changes don't even do that. Unless a pumpkin spice latte guardian head will occupy you until dlc.

Kydd BlaZe

So apparently Atheon can still be pushed off the ledge, but it has to be done before he starts teleporting players.

I'm seeing this on the Bungie.net forums.

The iOS companion app says all elemental damage is Void. And frequently erroneously duplicates weapon perks onto other weapons. So it's totally untrustworthy.

Yup.

Zakalwe

Banned
Spoils so far.

Raid:
Gjallahorn
MIDA Multi Tool

Nightfall:
Mask of the Third Eye
11 Energy
Legendary RL

Need to do hard mode still on two characters. Not bad so far though. Stoked about the Horn.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Are there other way to do the cheese?
The only other way is people would get him in place, he would then freeze after teleporting people. Those who got teleported would clear the portal and just sit inside. Once the portal was cleared, Atheon would move again and those outside would push him off with their nades. If this is true, I can't believe they didn't even fix the cheese correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom