• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Don´t know WHY the hell Bungie went with random loot drop for everything and not rewarding good play with good rewards in PVP.
That'd be horrible. They'd quit as soon as they realized they were getting their asses kicked, it'd be worse than Iron Banner.

It should be zero rewards or a ranking system since people can't tolerate / comprehend RNG.

If we must have rewards, it......DAMNIT, this is getting to be a refrain....it should be like Warcraft and based on honor points. Have an Arena / Gladiator style ripoff for the 3vs3 modes.

By the way, another one for the Bungie's Epic Fail List of Terror:

Out of our 8 man party chat, the halloween cosmetic is only working on one person.

Booyah. They can't even get Halloween shit right.

All I can think of is the one Vidoc where some guy goes....

"How do you make something bigger than Halo?"

Dramatic Pause

"We'll find out, won't we?"

cilonen

Until bungie realizes the root cause (loot drops) nothing will change.

People are wiling to shoot at a cave for hours, cheese the final raid boss, etc all becuase we can't get the loot we need to progress.

Even wow figured it out eventually and gave us a loot system that works (we choose what reward we get).

Figure it out soon deej and co or lose your player base to halo,cod,GTA,etc.

The answer is that they want to slow progression down because there's so little in the actual game.

And I still play an hour or so daily plus a lot at weekends. :-/

All the flaws are so obvious but I still keep playing. I'm abroad on vacation next week so that'll be a clean break. I might not pick this up again until both currently scheduled expansions are out to give myself more content to do in the long run.

Jinjo

So has anyone here confirmed if Atheon cheese still works pre-teleport? It sounds like just a troll to me, just making you waste time.

blackjaw

I've done it both ways but before is easier obviously. Doing one round of oracles give you more time to set up positioning. Sometimes his pathing is really weird and he walks all the way down to the middle. I think it goes a little smoother with with less players.

Whenever he started walking down the middle my warlock buddy would just send us back to orbit, give him more time to get up there and he usuallt just aggrod straight to the pillar

Fixed1979

What provides the second grenade.

Anyhow I'm totally fine with them cutting the cheese. However they should have patched the weapons with it. I simply do not get it. Not to mention the many other things that need to be fixed.

I'm guessing he's wearing The Armamentarium.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The answer is that they want to slow progression down because there's so little in the actual game.

All the flaws are so obvious but I still keep playing. I'm abroad on vacation next week so that'll be a clean break. I might not pick this up again until both currently scheduled expansions are out to give myself more content to do in the long run.

I'm not really buying the "slow progression" thing. You can get raid gear from the other parts of the raid in normal, and anyone that can reach atheon in hard is good enough to do the encounter for the helmet.

FrankT

You are 100% right on progression. I'm at the point where nothing matters but raids and have been for a very long time. I've pretty much had it with this game. The wall has been hit for sometime now.

Simply put the content isn't there. That is a big problem.

Nuszka

I didn't know you could throw the nade directly on him and get him to move back. All this time I've been finessing it, by throwing the perfect pitch by his feet. I've developed a real act for it too lol

You learn something new everyday.
Why dont you ever learn, Bungie?

With warlock its preety easy , you jost drop it at the floor before him. With titan you need to be sure you either drop it at his chest(floor does not work) and on top of that it should be in the center if you hit his shoulder he will start moving the opposite way. Anyway i do hope all of it is redundant now.

blackjaw

Yeah I keep going back to Diablo 3 to get my compulsive loot fix...haha.

I do find myself playing solo much less, it's just not as fun without friends...

dengatron

At least psn is loading my friends and messages quickly now. And Now I can shareplay to jump through the jumping puzzle for my slightly special friends.

Swag

So far for Hard Mode Raid on PS4 in 30 minutes we have;

1. Cosmos_Man
2. PewPewPewBow
3. Sebulon3k
4. Router_Go_Vroom
5. CornDogg86

Just need one person

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
If true this would be the best detail of the update.

Add to the list - running through the portal sends you to an empty vault; you have to walk back through and back again to return (most likely a supplicant will be waiting for you as you enter so you can insta-die)

Our spirits.

This happens to me ALL. THE. TIME.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Trying to get void damage kills for an exotic bounty, but as soon as I pick up ammo it disconnects. Finished the fifth control match for a bounty... disconnects on the score screen, does not count.

Likelihood of ever buying DLC is spiraling towards zero.

GhaleonEB

Yep just with a lot more modifiers and a guaranteed elemental damage added. Better rewards too... usually. Heroic is only for coins, 3 difficulty settings based on levels and 2 modifiers, with checkpoints. Nightfall send you to orbit if your team wipes.

Yowza. Out of curiosity, how do you access them?

Steroyd

Looking to start a Hard raid on PS4 in an hour and 15 minutes from now (8pm mainland Europe). From start to end. Will secure an extra templar checkpoint on my alt during the raid so we can get another roll at Fatebringer + the lootchest on an alt after we finish hard. Still 3 spots open. Post here and add me on PSN: JinjoNL

Hard raid experience required though, preferably able to handle the relic too. We're looking to clear this in one sitting tonight.

Oooh ooh pick me! Although get a sub ready in case I have the same shitty issues I had earlier, I shouldn't because I ran the Nightfall, Weekly and Daily without issue post patch, but fucking Bungie.

Jinjo

Another myth that I want busted before starting: Atheon teleports are not set after first teleport right (as in he teleports the same group every time)? It really is random?

WarWolf

Oooh ooh pick me! Although get a sub ready in case I have the same shitty issues I had earlier, I shouldn't because I ran the Nightfall, Weekly and Daily without issue post patch, but fucking Bungie.

I think you gave me your bad luck as I've been disconnecting since I left your fireteam.

Jinjo

Nice, you're definitely in. Ran raidmode with you a few times before right? Have you on my friendslist atleast. Just be online in an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom