• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

BREAKING NEWS

THIS JUST IN

When gear swapping from the vault I've heard that it doesnt show the ( + ) upgrade sign anymore. Can anyone confirm?
If true this would be the best detail of the update.

By the way, here's a list of all the actual bugs in the Atheon fight:
Add to the list - running through the portal sends you to an empty vault; you have to walk back through and back again to return (most likely a supplicant will be waiting for you as you enter so you can insta-die)
They fixed the cheese but in the process, they broke the raid a bit more. Wonder what they'll break when they fix the Templar cheese.
Our spirits.

Until bungie realizes the root cause (loot drops) nothing will change.

People are wiling to shoot at a cave for hours, cheese the final raid boss, etc all becuase we can't get the loot we need to progress.

Even wow figured it out eventually and gave us a loot system that works (we choose what reward we get).

Figure it out soon deej and co or lose your player base to halo,cod,GTA,etc.

That sound interesting( wow's loot system) I'm going to read that.

ethomaz

Banned
Cool thanks.

Is the "super" big energy shot only used for the Templar?
When you all go to the middle platform just stand and face Atheon right? You don't have to click anything for the shield to protect everyone?
Use the shield to protect everybody is a strategy... I killed Atheon with others guys without do that... each one can shot it from different places and the Relic use the SUPER to deal damage to Atheon (it takes a lot of damage).

So it is up for you and your team... you don't need to go to the middle platform... everybody gets damage boost after back from the portal with the Relic without need to use the shield at the middle platform.

The only reason I dislike making the relic random is that it will make groups more hesitant to allow new players in. Every new (or even sortof new) raider have a considerable impact to the amount of time the atheon fight takes, and given that it's random, they can't even be guaranteed that they'll be able to quickly learn the steps required.

That said, I've been pretty surprised by some emergent community aspects to this game when everyone stands to benefit from it. I dislike this choice, but I think it will be less of a problem than people expect pretty soon.

I'm at level 21 now. Is it worth it to upgrade my armor to get more light? Or should I save the materials and wait until I get base level 20 rare amor? None of my armor right now is base level 20.

Ralemont

not me
I mean, shit, Squeenix is killing it with FFXIV:ARR, and Yoshi P is like the best producer ever.

Speaking of ARR, it might be my background in that and FFXI but the Atheon fight feels straightforward. In ARR's Coil everyone on your team had to know the final boss mechanics or you'd wipe. This is the same. It's not like being teleported leads to a long chain of events that require a lot of time to explain. The fight is a handful of If > Then scenarios and you need to know each of them.

Namikaze1

atheon chose toasty dhruv and me to disconnect one after the other
We had one guy constantly getting disconnected throughout the raid. He got disconnected once we got to a sliver of Athean's life. We had to survive long enough for him to rejoin.

I'm at level 21 now. Is it worth it to upgrade my armor to get more light? Or should I save the materials and wait until I get base level 20 rare amor? None of my armor right now is base level 20.

Wait until base level 20. If you can get your vanguard score up, purchase some legendaries. No need to rely on RNG at levels below 24 or so.

Fitts

I use hand cannon when defending and autos when assigned Oracle duty. I'm looking forward to how I'll adapt to the newly randomized Atheon fight.

CLBridges

The random teleports for vault are nothing in the Normal raid, but Hard could cause some probs. I mean, if you have 1 or 2 level 30's and the rest 29's, it's always best to have the 30 get the relic, but that can't always be the case now. Oh well, players will adapt and find new strategies and possibly new cheese methods. I might skip out on Hard this week and just beat Normal with the two characters I have. I honestly could care less about the Vex Mythoclast. Honestly, I might not even max rep marks this week, I think I'm feeling the grind but the game is still enjoyable. December will be a welcome relief with new content, Lord willing I'll be around to play it :)

lunlunqq

7dYwz.gif

All right, this gaf drove me to search for its origin... The next thing I know, I've been watch animal videos for 2 hours on Youtube at work... Arrrr~~~!!!

Namikaze1

Farm materials and rank up your vanguard/crucible/faction to rank 2. Don't bother upgrading the rare armors. Just focus on doing that and you'll be able to buy legendary gear. And by then, you'll have the material to upgrade them.

spyder_ur

Just get in there. I have succesfully drug a 25 through the whole thing as a 29. Just find a team and start playing. if you fail for a few hours the first time, you will at least know the mechanics and understand what you need to be upgrading weapon wise to be more effective.

Yeah, thanks, suppose I'll have to. I've never really had a multiplayer experience like it, from what I've heard. Never played MMOs or anything.

Greenymac

Got a legendary engram from the daily. What was the result you ask? Duplicate hand cannon.

This game...I can't.

Got an exotic from the nightfall...Mask of the third eye. Im a warlock. My alt is a hunter, but seeing as I ALREADY HAVE ONE IN MY EFFING VAULT...its rather useless.

GobFather

The random teleports for vault are nothing in the Normal raid, but Hard could cause some probs. I mean, if you have 1 or 2 level 30's and the rest 29's, it's always best to have the 30 get the relic, but that can't always be the case now. Oh well, players will adapt and find new strategies and possibly new cheese methods. I might skip out on Hard this week and just beat Normal with the two characters I have. I honestly could care less about the Vex Mythoclast. Honestly, I might not even max rep marks this week, I think I'm feeling the grind but the game is still enjoyable. December will be a welcome relief with new content, Lord willing I'll be around to play it :)

I would like to see a video of someone playing (hard or normal) on atheon after the patch. Curious! o.o;

Looking for hard raiders and normal raiders in about an hour!

Level 30 Titan - Hard Raid
Level 26 Hunter - Normal Raid (also need to run Nightfall and Weekly with this character)

Anyone down???

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Cømet

Banned
So, guys, Red Death. Any good? Worth upgrading or destined for the vault of ass along with the MIDA?

GG raidbros. We made it through in the end despite Bungles many attempts to disconnect people.

CornDogg

Looking for hard raiders and normal raiders in about an hour!

Level 30 Titan - Hard Raid
Level 26 Hunter - Normal Raid (also need to run Nightfall and Weekly with this character)

Anyone down???

PS4
Cosmos_Man

I'm down. Level 29 Warlock. Will send you a message on PSN.

Dunlop

What triggers the exotic bounties?

Had it pop up with a choice of 4, I accidentally dropped my controller on the couch while grabbing my phone to look up the bounty names and it selected the bleeping fusion rifle one

arg!

Anyone looking for nightfall on xone, I just cleared the servitors but could probably use some help with the rest. Gt is misterthirsty, msg me on live or join my game. No mic right now though.

Deku Tree

I saw it in my message and it was under "consumable" (3). It may have a time limit. I saw it but haven't used it :p I saw people on the square with it and not just on the planets.

Oh I haven't seen that yet. The iOS app doesn't show anything waiting for me at the postmaster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom