• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temidien

Neo Member
While PSN is taking it's sweet time, anyone interested in organizing Hard raid party or looking to add one more? 29 Hunter with Vex, VoC, Icebreaker, and Atheon's.

PSN: temidien

Steroyd

I'm probably in the minority here but having been at the "end game" for weeks now... does anybody else feel like bounties sort of = chores?

I read that comparison on a thread over at B.net and pretty much agree. They do feel like chores. "No man, sorry, can't run that daily yet i have to get all the bounties done and farm some relic iron. I'll catch you in 3 hours."

I try to marry the 2, you can collect relic iron during the Mars daily mission and yesterday had the kill 10 Cabal Ultra/Major, managed about 3 or 4 bounties just doing the daily.

Not that fortunate all the time, but there are ways to be efficient.

Kalamari

Is a Super Vox, Final Boss and Thunderlord good enough for Raid?

Pulse rifles aren't that good in general, I would see if you can buy The Devil You Know (gaf favorite) or a Shadow Price from Vanguard to fill the primary slot. Final Boss is good, but I wouldn't fully upgrade it for normal mode as you have a chance to receive Praedyth's Revenge. Thunderlord is good from what I have heard, it's probably pretty good at laying down burst damage for Minotaurs and bosses.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm probably in the minority here but having been at the "end game" for weeks now... does anybody else feel like bounties sort of = chores?

I read that comparison on a thread over at B.net and pretty much agree. They do feel like chores. "No man, sorry, can't run that daily yet i have to get all the bounties done and farm some relic iron. I'll catch you in 3 hours."
no way. I would never put off content I would rather do in favor of bounties, nor do I pick up bounties I know will be too tedious to enjoy doing. looking at them as chores that MUST be completed is a misstep in perspective, imo
How many games like this, with raid content, you know to change encounters this much mid-tier? Usually devs just take things like this as loss and do better next time.
well if that's the long and short of it: who cares? I hope Bungie continues to ignore the precedents set by "other games with raid content" and continue making the game they want to make. The usefulness of any other games in these conversations is limited at best. even the games I can think of that compared the most closely to destiny are really not quite that similar. For all is myriad flaws, it is its own beast.
"That message comes from the MOON."
Have you still not heard it?

EL CUCO

My Supermacy has a 6 round clip. Does shooting weaker bullets faster really make up for it when you only get 24 shots? I'd rather have higher damage.

I have The Supremacy one away from max, and PR fully maxed. I love PR because it's snappy, and very effective under stressful environments but The Supremacy not only feels powerful, it is powerful. So I guess there's trade offs. Hard to say one is better over the other but I definitely prefer PR for Raiding/PVP and The Supremacy for everything else. I love them both!

Edit: I was dogging PR just last week because I felt it was a worse Sniper than The Supremacy...but it wasn't worse, it was just different.

lunlunqq

OK, it's that time of the week again. I have 183 vanguard marks on my main character. To avoid hitting the cap and waste them, I need to spend them now. What to buy? I already have:

2 shadow prices
1 TDYK (one of my main guns now)
1 Light/Beware
2 Super Pox VLO
2 Bad Seed Down
1 AF.19w842837462834 (I love it after the scout rifle patch)
1 The Comedian
2 Epitaph 2261
1 Unfriendly Giant...

I think I running out of things to buy. Is The Swarm machine gun worth buying? I have the Zombie Apocalypse (Void) and the Thunderlord already.

Ryck

I turned on my ps4 to check and I got a blue frozen screen. Can't shut it off or anything... I can eject the disc tho!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136191760&postcount=2062

Just reach the Jump checkpoint and go back to the gorgons... the damage will matain even after each respawn... so you can kill solo :D just need to find the same gorgon you started to shot.
madness! thanks for the steps.
OK, it's that time of the week again. I have 183 vanguard marks on my main character. To avoid hitting the cap and waste them, I need to spend them now. What to buy? I already have:

2 shadow prices
1 TDYK (one of my main guns now)
1 Light/Beware
2 Super Pox VLO
2 Bad Seed Down
1 AF.19w842837462834 (I love it after the scout rifle patch)
1 The Comedian
2 Epitaph 2261
1 Unfriendly Giant...

I think I running out of things to buy. Is The Swarm machine gun worth buying? I have the Zombie Apocalypse (Void) and the Thunderlord already.
The swarm is wonderful. This would actually be easier to answer if I knew what exotics you had too though

Bahaha. Sounds like a compliment to me.

If we ever play PvP together, I literally will not leave your side. Maybe THEN I can finish up that Invective bounty.

I definitely take it as a compliment. I don't even consider myself that good since I never play online shooters. My beta k/d ratio was <1 even, but I'm a fast learner.

My 100+ The Best Around... medals are a surprise to me more than anyone else.

Nameless

1st nightfall - Strange Coins
2nd nightfall on alt - ascendant shards

Wtf RNGesus

Last four nightfalls:

-7 strange coins
-Helm of Innermost Light(I'm a Defender and had just sharded one I got from a Xur engram days before)
-Prudence II(shit sniper rifle. Might as well be shooting paintballs.)
-5 Strange coins.

I'm not expecting much from this one, either. I'll probably wait until I max VoC to run through it.

Does gaf have a consensus on which hand cannon is better overall?

Fatebringer would be the best handcannon in the game if it had more stability. Others edge it out in PvP but I think it wins PvE.

Arc Damage
12-13 rounds
Explosive Rounds
Explosions after precision kills
Increased reload after precision kills

Can't go wrong with it when you're shooting aliens, and it's Legendary, so you can still use an exotic

Yup. Only thing i like better than my P.Revenge is my Ice Breaker... and half the time i use it to gen ammo for the Revenge.

Does the P. Revenge get better as it's upgraded? I can't put my finger on it, but it was really tough to line up a shot. The reticle felt like it was bouncing everywhere. Maybe it was just stability, or stability when being shot at, or auto aim pulling the reticle around not letting me lead things. So far I still like my Final Boss better and don't really see any reason to use P.Revenge since I won't be using it on Oracles.

X-Frame

My Supermacy has a 6 round clip. Does shooting weaker bullets faster really make up for it when you only get 24 shots? I'd rather have higher damage.

I have an arc Supremacy which I love. It seems to have about 35% more impact than all the other snipers I have. The perks mine came with aren't that great, but I still feel like it's worth upgrading to 300 Attack simply because it does so much damage.

Steroyd

Aaaaaaand my PS+ isn't recognised, ffs!

Has PSN always sucked this bad?

No!

PSN worked the whole time during the PS3 days and I played an online only game in Warhawk for a damn long time, no issues minus that 1 major hack.

Might not have been as flashy as XBL but it did it's job, same can't be said for PSN on PS4 since September.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fatebringer would be the best handcannon in the game if it had more stability. Others edge it out in PvP but I think it wins PvE.
Sight unseen, I agree.

Arc damage is just too useful throughout PvE to write off, it has good perks besides and frees up your exotic slot. it's so damn good.

Namikaze1

Reminds me of dark souls 1, people accusing me of glitching/exploiting.

No, you just need to git gud.
I was 16 at the time. And this was a grown ass man sending a message. I know he was a grown ass man because he was cursing me out by PSN name throughout the match. I was playing with my uncle at the time and he was telling the guy to shut up and git gud.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Pulse rifles aren't that good in general, I would see if you can buy The Devil You Know (gaf favorite) or a Shadow Price from Vanguard to fill the primary slot. Final Boss is good, but I wouldn't fully upgrade it for normal mode as you have a chance to receive Praedyth's Revenge. Thunderlord is good from what I have heard, it's probably pretty good at laying down burst damage for Minotaurs and bosses.

I'm trying not to spend money unless It becomes something I'll use for a while. All those weapons were drops from me tagging along with higher level players. I didn't buy any of them. :)

I notice pulse rifles aren't that good either. I like handcannons and scout rifles myself.

EL CUCO

Does the P. Revenge get better as it's upgraded? I can't put my finger on it, but it was really tough to line up a shot. The reticle felt like it was bouncing everywhere. Maybe it was just stability, or stability when being shot at, or auto aim pulling the reticle around not letting me lead things. So far I still like my Final Boss better and don't really see any reason to use P.Revenge since I won't be using it on Oracles.

Really? I've always felt it was super easy to use. PR feels like a scout rifle with a scope for me. Ice Breaker, now thats a Rifle I have trouble with. Lol

Arc Damage
12-13 rounds
Explosive Rounds

Can't go wrong with it when you're shooting aliens.

Just get a crit hit on the first shot and you don't have to worry about recoil or stability. Boom!

Don't know about PvP though. I'll stick to Suros for that.

Frenden

Banned
how did you do that?

Super Good Advice, Monte Carlo and Hard Light should really be on the list too.

And don't go too overboard with the Thorn buff fellas. Gun has all manner of potential.

;_;

So I assume all this time it seemed like I wasn't responding to your proposal whereas I actually agreed right away.

... ;___;

Hawkian, awesome. I have a Primeguard member (she's great) interested too.

SkylineRKR

Revenge is my favourite gun in Destiny. I upgraded it to the max.

I'd say its the most stable Sniper I used so far. I can pump out 6 critical shots within mere seconds. It runs circles around Ice Breaker which is slow and has to line up again after each shot. Its only issue I have with it is the low Impact but with higher impact this thing would be OP.

Its all about getting criticals in, which is easy with this weapon. And then watch those small fry explode after a critical kill, weakening or disabling their friends (I think they actually died during my latest nightfall run, looked cool). Field scout gives it a good ammo buff and I -think- it one shots Oracles on VoG Normal at 300. And dat reload... its ridiculously fast.

Dart

Arc Damage
12-13 rounds
Explosive Rounds
It's Legendary so you can still use an exotic.

Can't go wrong with it when you're shooting aliens.

Wow sounds awesome, too bad it's raid exclusive :/ must be an easy drop though, right...?

Namikaze1

I definitely take it as a compliment. I don't even consider myself that good since I never play online shooters. My beta k/d ratio was <1 even, but I'm a fast learner.

My 100+ The Best Around... medals are a surprise to me more than anyone else.
You still doing the raid later?

Patroclos

Banned
But what is "right way"? One that happens to be flavor of the week at Bungie before they feel that flavor of apple was wrong way, but strawberry is right one?

Either they have no QA department [or need competent, who go further than login screen, testers] or Atheon picking 3 furthers was original "right way", but how fast community basically trivialized Atheon battle they decided to change it mid-tier.

How many games like this, with raid content, you know to change encounters this much mid-tier? Usually devs just take things like this as loss and do better next time.

As far as right ways and wrong ways, I've completed the raid both ways, cheese and non-cheese and I'm certainly glad I did it the "right" way the first time. My hard trophy feels a bit hollow and unearned, honestly I'm glad I only got a few shards from it. I think the "right" way to play is pretty explicit. I understand some people like to try to break the game and they get enjoyment from that, I don't think there is anything wrong with that, to each his own. It is clearly Bungie's right to implement measures for what they believe is the good of the game too however.

I've never played a game with raid content before. I would think this is how they would fix it, but I have no experience. Why take it as a loss if you realize you made a poor design choice? Why wouldn't you fix it? Again, excuse my lack of knowledge, I honestly don't understand why it is bad to see an exploit and remove it. By extension I see no problem making the raid more difficult if you feel it was too easy. I feel like the raid is all about good communication and Bungie is doing as much as they can to make sure that occurs.

I really fail to see the problem, people will adapt and get better. Honestly I feel changes like this serve to keep the game fresh.

I also get the litany of small fixes that have yet to be implemented. I have confidence they will. I guess I'm just more patient than many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom