• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completed the nightfall solo and the reward was 8 strange coins.

That has to be a glitch, right? A reward that's actually worse than the heroic activity can't be real....right?

Then, went to do the heroic and got disconnected at the end. This is after being disconnected right at the boss fight for the daily story activity.

So on that note, I am now done with this game and whatever Bungie does in the future. I hated Halo Reach, and am extremely disappointed with this game, for all the reasons people have discussed already. Bungie just isn't Bungie anymore. Today's experience was just the final nail in the coffin.

Oh well, bring on master chief collection.

RedFury

My friend thinks it looks better, "sharper" he said. But something visually has changed either through the ps4 update or Destiny itself.

It looks definitely different to me visually. Anyone have any clue why? None of my display outputs have changed and I can't put my finger on it...
60fps stealth patch...lol I wish. There's definetly something different just don't know what.

gatti-man

That has to be a glitch, right? A reward that's actually worse than the heroic activity can't be real....right?

Then, went to do the heroic and got disconnected at the end. This is after being disconnected right at the boss fight for the daily story activity.

So on that note, I am now done with this game and whatever Bungie does in the future. I hated Halo Reach, and am extremely disappointed with this game, for all the reasons people have discussed already. Bungie just isn't Bungie anymore. Today's experience was just the final nail in the coffin.

This is a psn issue isnt it?

Frenden

Banned
It's taken three hours (thanks to the monkey errors), but I'm on 5 of 6 Moon Patrol missions and have ALMOST gathered 15 whole Helium Filaments!

Waldini

I hope they fix that damn reward system fast.

Nightfall:
5 Strange Coins
Legendary Engram which turned into Shards

Weekly:
2x 9 Strange Coins

Normal Raid:
14 Shards

Great. What use are those Shards when I cant upgrade shit anymore?

immodicus

Neo Member

Okay. I see what you did there, stealth 343 employee.

On a more serious note, its just a bad roll you got. It happens sometimes. If you have three characters, you have a better chance, thats how odds work. I'm sorry you got disconnected. Bungie warned it would happen today. Its not a big loss. If you've played this game for any reasonable amount of time, you should be armed enough and know the tactics of each strike to be able to finish those weeklies in a half-hour tops.

I was getting constant disconnects on xbox one after the patch. All I did to fix it was turn off my xbox and turn it back on. Seemed to fix the problem for the other people in my fireteam too.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How long before we start seeing gamers advertising #Shareplay and make money off it

Can you imagine, 100-150 Planet Materials per hour, only $5
Crucible rep for 1 hour $10
etc.

X-Frame

Worst Nightfall week so far.

A crappy shotgun, a mediocre rocket launcher, and a Legendary engram that turned into 3 shards.

Frenden

Banned
If I get the Thorn bounty again on a Hunter with no void abilities, I would totally #sharedollars to #shareplay to #sharethespoils.

(Not really, but you're probably right--folks will do that.)

Gordon

Ran Nightfall with my brother this morning. Got Thunderlord. Kinda wish I bought those machine gun telemetries on the weekend now :/
So Thunderlord or Pocket Infinity - which do I level first? I just got to the exotic upgrade on my Hard Light, so it's just waiting on one affordable damage upgrade and then the ascendant stuff I need to acquire. My Pocket Infinity bounty is at ~150/200, so one more run through Nightfall with my fusion rifle will do it. Oh, and I have Invective sitting there staring at me, miles away from regening ammo but still so sweet. *sigh*

My current to-do list:
1) Polish off Hard Light
2) Level up Pocket Infinity
3) Thunderlord
4) Invective

Should I bump something up? I need to buy and level a Shadow Price to use with PI. Or I could just keep hammering away with TDYK.

X-Frame

Ran Nightfall with my brother this morning. Got Thunderlord. Kinda wish I bought those machine gun telemetries on the weekend now :/
So Thunderlord or Pocket Infinity - which do I level first? I just got to the exotic upgrade on my Hard Light, so it's just waiting on one affordable damage upgrade and then the ascendant stuff I need to acquire. My Pocket Infinity bounty is at ~150/200, so one more run through Nightfall with my fusion rifle will do it. Oh, and I have Invective sitting there staring at me, miles away from regening ammo but still so sweet. *sigh*

My current to-do list:
1) Polish off Hard Light
3) Thunderlord
4) Invective

Should I bump something up? I need to buy and level a Shadow Price to use with PI. Or I could just keep hammering away with TDYK.

I can say that Thunderlord is amazing and a devastating weapon once you unlock Perfect Balance and Lightning Rounds. It wrecks in PvP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

My current to-do list:
1) Polish off Hard Light
3) Thunderlord
4) Invective

pocket infinity is useful in more situations. however, if you don't have a solid arc weapon thunderlord is a wonderful one.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Haha. I was joking. I know what I said earlier was wrong as I forgot Mytho was an exotic.

I was telling you to go try to put an exotic in every slot (and equip them all at once) and then you could "break the game."

Never mind. I was trying to be an asshole. It didn't work as seamlessly as I had hoped.
Oh no - you're still an asshole :)

Zoidberg

I've received 5 strange coins and 6 strange coins as rewards in the past few weeks, it can get worse. The nigthfall rewards are all over the place, it's destinyRNG at its worst in my opinion. I don't understand why there is even a varying scale of material rewards for it anyway...It should be 10 energy/shards/coins OR legendary/exotic.

pringles

I hope they fix that damn reward system fast.

Nightfall:
5 Strange Coins
Legendary Engram which turned into Shards

Weekly:
2x 9 Strange Coins

Normal Raid:
14 Shards

Great. What use are those Shards when I cant upgrade shit anymore?
The XP/rep gain bonus is the real reward from the Nightfall. 5SC is a bad roll but shit happens. Shards are good though, there will come a day when you need them. Only shards from the raid is another bad roll however, sucks when it happens. It's RNG, can't expect it to always give you exactly what you want/need, but it can still be good loot. Right now I'm happier if I get shards/energies than another exotic/legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom