• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do get your point. i guess that's pretty much the difference yeah. i see it as a different atmosphere being at a sporting event and talking shit about your home team, you know, just playing videogames.

If you spent $60 on a product you think wasn't worth the money, you have every right to complain, in fact, you have the right to demand your money back. Just seems like there's a bit of... well no I'm not going to do that, but will continue using the product and calling the people who make it assholes while using it *shrug* don't mean to derail the thread. Onward!

Atmosphere is different but the fundamental emotional response isn't.

I agree with you that if someone dislikes the game that much, get your money back. But that's not possible if you bought digital content or if you're past the "return by" date. So, what to do then? Toss the game in a drawer and move on? If you think that's the response that will be most common, you haven't been paying attention to the emotional tendencies of humans (or you don't have cable TV).

I'm not excusing anyone's behavior here but rather trying to make it understandable on a reactionary level.

If we're being honest here, there's a very legitimate gripe. It's unfortunate that anger is taking the place of a measured, articulated response right now. I assume (hope) that will change.

Anyway, agreed we shouldn't derail this any more than we have. I need to get home so I can upgrade that TDYK. I am running bounties on my main and alt and using all the XP on that bad boy.

Should probably max out my AE first because of the void burn this week... but... I'm a handcannon junkie now.

realcZk

next week is gonna be valus ta'aurc the shitsponge of death with solar burn and his one shot rockets

have your icebreakers ready

Anybody looking to do the last part of the Nightfall? I took care of everything else and I'm right here at the boss battle.

System: Xbox One
Gamertag: callmeJackz

Message me ASAP if you want in.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I do get your point. i guess that's pretty much the difference yeah. i see it as a different atmosphere being at a sporting event and talking shit about your home team vs. , you know, just playing videogames.

If you spent $60 on a product you think wasn't worth the money, you have every right to complain, in fact, you have the right to demand your money back. Just seems like there's a bit of... well no I'm not going to do that, but will continue using the product and calling the people who make it assholes while using it *shrug* don't mean to derail the thread. Onward!

PSN does not accept returns, last I heard.

And I'm sorry, but making an encounter harder, while not fixing bugs and introducing new ones is a poor way to treat your customers.

Yaari

Is there any good chest for Hunters, I managed to get raid helmet and gloves, will that, combined with a exotic chest, be enough to get to 30, or will I need boots as well?

hetchi

Looking to play anything. Strikes, etc and vog if enough people are joining. I have a friend to join. hetchi is my tag.

recks

Is there any good chest for Hunters, I managed to get raid helmet and gloves, will that, combined with a exotic chest, be enough to get to 30, or will I need boots as well?
You also need boots.

4 Raid Gear or 3 Raid + 1 Exotic to reach lv30.

Vault of Glass - Normal
PS4

Looking for any and all players. Though we only have a couple slots left.

This is for a Raid at 8pm EST (3 hours from now).

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) Ratsult2
3) aMadTeaParty7
4) kidklovius
5) hetchi
6) scarletham

3 of us are regulars. Regulars and newbies are welcome to join.

Trakan

So I've gotten 4 Dead Orbit packages in the last couple days and all of them have turned into either a shard or a shard and an energy. Not like I wanted a gun or shader.

I guess I'm lucky have had no issues with PSN or Destiny as far as signing in or getting kicked to orbit.

Cømet

Banned
I give up. If the game had as much story as it does errors it'd be oscar worthy.

Going to spend my free time doing something enjoyable, rather than sitting starting at blank loading screens.

hetchi

Count me in. hetchi is my psn.

Vault of Glass - Normal
PS4

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) Ratsult2
3) aMadTeaParty7
4) kidklovius
5)
6)

When you compare it to the helms, no. there's the chest of the Alpha Lupi that gives special ammo, fusion rifle ammo and extra orbs on super. But that's the best you're going to get.

I'm going to start ripping through daily bounties on my main and alt in about 45 mins. I'm not starting NF, weekly, or raid until this shit is figured out.

PS4: GKW212

Join me if you want to roll through it with me. I'll probably do daily mission afterwards as well.

zlatko

Banned
Cømet;136329451 said:
I give up. If the game had as much story as it does errors it'd be oscar worthy.

Going to spend my free time doing something enjoyable, rather than sitting starting at blank loading screens.

Hit up that Evil Within. Game is too sexy. :D

hydruxo

Atheons Epilogue literally melts everything when there's void burn. I just solo'd the weekly heroic on 28 in no time thanks to AE and Ice Breaker.

Vault of Glass - Normal
PS4

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) Ratsult2
3) aMadTeaParty7
4) kidklovius
5) hetchi
6)

Can I come? 28 hunter. I've run with you before.

That's just his wishful thinking and optimism that the mythoclast will be buffed by next week :)

Haha, you know that's all I talk about when we're in party chat. "Damn that gun is so much fun but the damage output sucks."

When that thing is buffed, Ghorn and IB can take a back seat. Maybe.

Cømet

Banned
Hit up that Evil Within. Game is too sexy. :D

Wish I could, but I gotta be good and wait til Christmas :( ( :D ). The last of us remastered arrives tomorrow though, so I'm very much looking forward to that! If they'd just bring over MGSIV the games-I-missed-from-PS3-but-want-to-play list will be complete.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I agree with you that if someone dislikes the game that much, get your money back. But that's not possible if you bought digital content or if you're past the "return by" date.
PSN does not accept returns, last I heard.
that just blows. I don't agree with that at all, you should be able to. Of course a return date is necessary for practicality, but there is a reasonable amount of time you should be able to return a product within, that's the most anti-consumer aspect of this entire conversation IMO upon learning it. I definitely don't think I can buy anything digitally knowing that, although things like First Light (the Infamous dlc) are only digital right? If you pay money and aren't happy with it you should be able to obtain a refund or you're forced into essentially enforcing that you don't agree with necessarily any of the decisions made but are still willing to pay money for them.

Sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that. I guess you're just trying to make the most of money you wouldn't have spent then, which is a different perspective I hadn't really thought about.
And I'm sorry, but making an encounter harder, while not fixing bugs and introducing new ones is a poor way to treat your customers.
no problem at all with this sentence, I hope you get what I was driving at. sorry again for the derail.

Narmer212 said:
Anyway, agreed we shouldn't derail this any more than we have. I need to get home so I can upgrade that TDYK. I am running bounties on my main and alt and using all the XP on that bad boy.

Should probably max out my AE first because of the void burn this week... but... I'm a handcannon junkie now.
Legendaries don't take all too long to max out. I would like at least one of the raid weapons to play around with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom