• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varvor

Bungie bah gawd, that new Atheon mechanic, genius.

tumblr_lvgoi7mkmp1qdlkgg.gif

I just did a full raid run with a random group to try out the new Atheon mechanic, and lawd, it was even better than I hoped it would be. The randomness took people out of their usual comfort zones(finally!), and we had to wipe a few times when three people who didn't know what to do in the portal section got ported, but we just laughed it off, and all three eventually figured it out and learnt the mechanics, and we got it done.

That Atheon fight was honestly the most fun I've had so far in Destiny, Bungie did good.

You see! This man gets it!

I love this change.....soooooo guuuuuuuud

Hahaha, Atheon wins but everyone else loses. Thanks Bungie.

It's amazing that the people who developed Halo, a developer I've always respected, has their heads so far up their ass concerning this game. All the vague language, all the shitty design decisions they can't be bothered to address, it's mind-boggling. Once the MCC comes out, I'm out. I need a break from this game.

Looking at stuff like the Vault of Glass, it's clear that they still know how to develop a good game. Heck, I've enjoyed most of my time with Destiny in general. But honest to god, it feels like they never bothered to sit down and test their game, and all their QA budget went into a better RNG algorithm.

I already had that gun from before,

What i am praising is the change to non-cheese mechanic to final boss.

Non-cheese mechanic was always there for the taking. Plenty of groups played it straight up just because it was more fun.

However, it's a huge issue when every update seems to make server stability worse and today's update has basically thrown the game in the garbage until they fix it back again.

LiK

It's amazing that the people who developed Halo, a developer I've always respected, has their heads so far up their ass concerning this game. All the vague language, all the shitty design decisions they can't be bothered to address, it's mind-boggling. Once the MCC comes out, I'm out. I need a break from this game.

Lots of guys I played with are def moving to MCC when that comes out.

TTG

"Hotfix" is in and right away the servers take a shit, something that I haven't encountered in the weeks leading up to said fix. Well done, Bungie.

Dante316

Who wants to do the heroic raid atheon fight at 9:30 pm est? I have that checkpoint, should be a fun experience after the randomness patch.

I will only take people who reply since last time party ppl came who took someone elses spot...*srry about that*

1. Dante316

Namikaze1

I'm out once Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, GTA V, Far Cry 4, AC Unity, and Dragon Age come out. I'll be busy for weeks with just Dragon Age.

patchday

You see! This man gets it!

I love this change.....soooooo guuuuuuuud

Well to be fair to Bungie, it never did make sense too me why Atheon would always port the guys that are the most far away from him. Those are like your least threats. I'd be porting away the player that's trying to cheese me :D

Lots of guys I played with are def moving to MCC when that comes out.

After seeing that video of H2A Forge, I'm so excited.

I'm out once Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, GTA V, Far Cry 4, AC Unity, and Dragon Age come out. I'll be busy for weeks with just Dragon Age.

Alpha Sapphire brotherhood represent.

qvrzpmdhe.gif

Yeah, I hope I can get most of my Halo fix by the time DA comes out. It's gonna be tough combining the two. I cancelled my ACU preorder, thing looks like crap on console and my PC's GPU can't handle it. :'(

blackjaw

Yep, I'm debating GTA or AC:U until DA:I comes out. Then we will see if my friends are still playing when the DLC comes out on whether I come back.

Who wants to do the heroic raid atheon fight at 9:30 pm est? I have that checkpoint, should be a fun experience after the randomness patch.

I will only take people who reply since last time party ppl came who took someone elses spot...*srry about that*

1. Dante316

I'm up for it if the servers are back by then. 29 Warlock with lots of maxed weapons and 37 clears... PSN is DrDrizzay101.

JayEH

Looking to do Nightfall around 8:30 EST on PS4. RedViperN7
I'm a 29 Titan. Send FR and respond here if interested.

Fake edit: oh wait are the servers still down?

I already had that gun from before,

What i am praising is the change to non-cheese mechanic to final boss.

Plenty of people have played it straight up and have nothing to show for it besides shards or energy.

Cheese or non-cheese doesn't matter with RNG. You can't expect people to keep on doing the raid the way Bungie wants them to play and only get rewarded shards/energy for all their hard work.

Like someone else mentioned earlier, the patch was probably designed to stretch out the thin content before the DLC hits.

EL CUCO

Wow Destiny servers is fuggin turrible!

Monkey and Weasel. People joining, getting kicked what a mess.

Instead worrying about cheese, they should worry about these cheap ass servers.

zlatko

Banned
Doing normal raid from scratch on PS4. 3/6 members.

Prefer 27+ and/or 300 dmg weapons.

PSN ID OutlawOcelot

Doing it now. Send messages on PSN for invite.

RedFury

The contrasting posts are hilarious :)

Bungie can't win no matter what they do
To be fair I think they can make both happy. Keep normal the same and hard would be the "true" experience. You already get rewarded for doing hard vs normal. You can keep your casuals happy and your "hardcore", it's dam logical in my opinion. Having played this with friends I consider casual they don't find the mess that is the raid fun.

Was playing last night when the patch hit , everyone got booted during our weekly , would have thought a message of the day or something would pop up but nope.

One of the first few to try to jackolantern which was a nice surprise . But within then next he we all proceeded to get kicked over and over for the 30 mins . I put it down to everyone joining at once but maybe not.

Managed to snag a shadow price, how is that gun ?

biaxident

It's about time to give up on this mess... I get the killing blow on nightfall strike, and I DC before the rewards are given, get back on and nothing. Fireteam got stuff but not me, f this mess on PSN.

Cømet

Banned
Woohoo, thank you kindly for the checkpoint Steroyd. Fatebringer now belongs to my lowly lvl 28 Warlock, and there's nothing anyone can do about it :>

Glad to have a HC I can actually use.

Next up....ah yes, need to do the weekly on my alt. Then it's just HM on my titan and I'm done til Xur shows up.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I need to stop doing nightfall, raid and every other thing on the reset day itself.
Cømet;136351630 said:
Woohoo, thank you kindly for the checkpoint Steroyd. Fatebringer now belongs to my lowly lvl 28 Warlock, and there's nothing anyone can do about it :>

Glad to have a HC I can actually use.
Nice, use voidfang vestements chest piece if you're using the fatebringer. Extra ammo and stuff.

RedFury

It's about time to give up on this mess... I get the killing blow on nightfall strike, and I DC before the rewards are given, get back on and nothing. Fireteam got stuff but not me, f this mess on PSN.
It's the same on both sides of the fence man. Friends dropping on live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom