• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Splinter

Bungie bah gawd, that new Atheon mechanic, genius.

tumblr_lvgoi7mkmp1qdlkgg.gif

I just did a full raid run with a random group to try out the new Atheon mechanic, and lawd, it was even better than I hoped it would be. The randomness took people out of their usual comfort zones(finally!), and we had to wipe a few times when three people who didn't know what to do in the portal section got ported, but we just laughed it off, and all three eventually figured it out and learnt the mechanics, and we got it done.

That Atheon fight was honestly the most fun I've had so far in Destiny, Bungie did good.
omg thank you, needed to see some positivity in here. This thread is even more hard work than the game.

My group couldn't make it through (or even into) the vault tonight, but since the servers are clearly not working properly tonight I guess we'll come back to it tomorrow. Look forward to seeing how the new Atheon fight plays out.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Randomness isn't a problem if everyone on the team has an upgraded rocket launcher (gjallarhorn would be an overkill).

Cømet

Banned
I need to stop doing nightfall, raid and every other thing on the reset day itself.

Nice, use voidfang vestements chest piece if you're using the fatebringer. Extra ammo and stuff.

That's just what I'm using! :D (until I get heart of praxic fire at least) It's a smart looking robe. Wish I'd bought some HC telemetries now so I could boost through upgrading FB. Look forward to giving it some play.

Maybe this was already posted but at least PSN Network says it is back Online. Maybe Destiny will start getting its act together. Probably not.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237

Can confirm managed to cheese Templar without any disconnects. I think you're safe to resume hating RNGesus.

Zoidberg

They've really bungled (hah) the first 2 months of this game. It may be different behind the scenes, but based of the communication given to us it's like dealing with a kid with ADD. They (sometimes) acknowledge issues, attempt to fix, break and then move off onto the next big thing. Who cares if the fix is good right?

I wonder if this game was rushed so it could be released at a time when they knew there was little competition? Get a player base built up and slowly fix their shit as people notice it. It's becoming more apparent every day there was nowhere near enough testing done before this was released, the sheer number of issues/bugs in VoG is astonishing it passed QA testing. Like how did any of their test groups not notice atheon was teleporting the furthest 3 people? How did nobody at bungie ask their test groups the tactics they used when fighting him?

Bring on November, I really want a break from this.

Sabotage

Solo'd Nightfall and Weekly... got the 9 strange coins from the weekly and 7 more from nightfall, then I leveled up to Vanguard 10 and received Zombie Apocalypse with Void Damage... not bad...

Namikaze1

Bungie:
939483080275665186.jpg

The six of you have been chosen for special reasons. You're killers, looters, and liars. Before you stands a gate leading to a set of challenges. In order to win my game, all six of you must make it to the end, alive. Along the way, you'll come across many obstacles that will try to impede your progress.

But first you'll have to survive the servers.

zlatko

Banned
Doing normal raid from scratch on PS4. 4/6 members.

Prefer 27+ and/or 300 dmg weapons.

PSN ID OutlawOcelot

Doing it now. Send messages on PSN for invite.

What a joke. 4 disconnects in 2 minutes trying to get to my raid team. Going to lose out on oracles gear if I can't get back in. Fuck Bungie and Sony, get this shit together. Is Xbox doing the same?

They've really bungled (hah) the first 2 months of this game. It may be different behind the scenes, but based of the communication given to us it's like dealing with a kid with ADD. They (sometimes) acknowledge issues, attempt to fix, break and then move off onto the next big thing. Who cares if the fix is good right?

I wonder if this game was rushed so it could be released at a time when they knew there was little competition? Get a player base built up and slowly fix their shit as people notice it. It's becoming more apparent every day there was nowhere near enough testing done before this was released, the sheer number of issues/bugs in VoG is astonishing it passed QA testing. Like how did any of their test groups not notice atheon was teleporting the furthest 3 people? How did nobody at bungie ask their test groups the tactics they used when fighting him?

Bring on November, I really want a break from this.

I wonder if Crucible had any QA testing as well. Unlimited heavy ammo, immortal sunbros, and infinite sunbro/voidwalker grenades.

blackjaw

What a joke. 4 disconnects in 2 minutes trying to get to my raid team. Going to lose out on oracles gear if I can't get back in. Fuck Bungie and Sony, get this shit together. Is Xbox doing the same?

Monkey errors all day for me, quit an hour ago after losing progress in nightfall for a second time

Korosenai

If you do the hard mode, do you get the normal mode loot as well, or does it cancel out what you would have got from normal mode?

I'm talking to some guy and he's saying it just cancels out what you would get, and i know it doesn't, but I can't really prove it as i'm not sure how to lol.

I don't understand the "contacting destiny servers" message. Is there a time when you aren't contacting Destiny servers?

Was gonna try to get into a raid but it's not looking like a good idea right now :/ Got booted like 4 times just doing crucible.

Namikaze1

It's not Sony. Shit got worse after the patch went live. There's a few Xbox folks here saying they're experiencing problems on Xbox as well.

I'm starting to wonder if Bungie even has a QA team. So many glitches and shit made it to the final game. Hell, their recent patch seems to have broke their game a bit more.

RedFury

That's happened to me on my alt last week(getting no reward for nightfall nor buff). Called it a night after that. Then a couple days ago had the nightfall boss at ~5% health leave to switch characters and nephew gets booted to orbit because he move back to far.

Tovarisc

I don't understand the "contacting destiny servers" message. Is there a time when you aren't contacting Destiny servers?

That error message means that your connection to some "master server" is timing out and game still tries to re-establish connection before fully terminating it. When connection times out / is terminated you get kicked from activity back to orbit or even login screen.

I'm starting to wonder if Bungie even has a QA team. So many glitches and shit made it to the final game. Hell, their recent patch seems to have broke their game a bit more.

Bungie asking people "When you encounter monkey -error?" makes me wonder if they even know their own parameters that trigger said error code. Especially when answer is "Anything besides idling at orbit".

Now if they just would put monkeys back into cage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom