• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex HR: The Missing Link |OT| $15

Dyno

I will consider this when I do a second playthrough but I am in no way ready for a second playthrough at this time.

I do like how all of his augments have been ripped from his body. That's pretty cool.

ctrayne

Dyno said:
I will consider this when I do a second playthrough but I am in no way ready for a second playthrough at this time.

I do like how all of his augments have been ripped from his body. That's pretty cool.
It's separate from the game, you can play it anytime. It's under a different title in Steam.

Salsa

yeah in Steam its a totally different thing.

iltpkLUSs0qbu.PNG

different launcher on library, different achievements page, different everything.

Im surprised it even requires the base game considering it uses almost all new assets? (at least that's what ive heard.)

I prefer it this way really.

Salsa

dankir said:
And now you have to pay up to get it back to 100%

Don't you love marketing lol.

If you are at the whoring levels of paying in order to get 100% when you dont have any interest in the thing then the problem lies with you man.

dankir

SalsaShark said:
If you are at the whoring levels of paying in order to get 100% when you dont have any interest in the thing then the problem lies with you man.

I already bought the DLC and didn't have 100% in the game in the first place.

Alchemy

I need more reviews and feedback on this before I jump in completely. That and my game library is exploding. CURSE YOU HOLIDAY SEASON!

dankir

SalsaShark said:
oh im not talking about you mang, but rather the people that have issues with that

LOL K I thought we wuz gonna have a problem here! I was ready to get augmented on your ass jk.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man I spent like an hour just reaching the deck and damn was it magnificent. The environments look phenomenal, the guards are having convos, and dat rain/water effect.

I'm going for the no praxis/no guns/no explosives achievement so this should be interesting.

Dakota47

Stallion Free said:
I'm going for the no praxis/no guns/no explosives achievement so this should be interesting.

Is that one achievement, or three separate ones? Sounds mighty interesting.

Stallion Free said:
Man I spent like an hour just reaching the deck and damn was it magnificent. The environments look phenomenal, the guards are having convos, and dat rain/water effect.

Nice, that sounds cool. I'll probably play through it once with just a normal playthrough, and then go through a second time trying for that achievement.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I always think it's funny how companies fuck up on pricing like this. At $10 it's going to seel so many more units than it could do at $15. Am I missing something?

Salsa

Jedeye Sniv said:
I always think it's funny how companies fuck up on pricing like this. At $10 it's going to seel so many more units than it could do at $15. Am I missing something?

publishers

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
SalsaShark said:
publishers

Indeed. But do they not get the concept of lower price/higher volume? It boggles my mind, especially in avenues like software. The goal should always be to have maximum volume, word of mouth spreads and the game sells more. You need that lower price to get people to bite.

Salsa

Just started, so far so good. Loving the setting.

Stallion Free said:

I might do this as well. I still dont know who these guys are so i have 0 intention on shooting them.

I guess you can pick up weapons fine though right? as long as you dont use them.

Salsa

Stallion Free said:
Belltower is referenced constantly in the main game.

sure, but poor henchmen, they just wanna get paid.

I started killing people in vanilla HR when
the henchmen started killing innocent people in the pod gardens
, nothing like that so far.

Anyway, you picking up weapons?

Is it just me or do the animations seem even more awkward than in the main game? Still in the "intro" but it's almost painful to watch...

Salsa

SenseiJinx said:
Is it just me or do the animations seem even more awkward than in the main game? Still in the "intro" but it's almost painful to watch...

been playing Rage? cause that was really jarring for me hahah

animations were always bad in this game really

anyway some screens, no spoilers, shitty steam compression etc:

ibpEuhGbCDyjb5.png

ibnvjweqVSlSII.png

imbZh2JdmDPLm.png

iBoOaGBTSFKH5.png

ieBwZ42z1nQYB.png

really liking the whole mood and environment. Very reminiscent of MGS2.

about the engine update (guess this issue is cause of that): I seem to be getting some framerate drops (sometimes to like 25-30) when entering some of the new areas (or rather every time it auto-saves), it lasts a couple seconds and feels kinda weird considering its a small area, other than that silky smooth 60 and it seems to be running better than the main game for the most part. Cant really tell cause there's no big HUB to check the stuttering.

SalsaShark said:
been playing Rage? cause that was really jarring for me hahah

animations were always bad in this game really

really liking the whole mood and environment. Very reminiscent of MGS2.

about the engine update (guess this issue is cause of that): I seem to be getting some framerate drops (sometimes to like 25-30) when entering some of the new areas (or rather every time it auto-saves), it lasts a couple seconds and feels kinda weird considering its a small area, other than that silky smooth 60 and it seems to be running better than the main game for the most part. Cant really tell cause there's no big HUB to check the stuttering.

Yeah, they have always been pretty bad, heh.

Anyway, yeah, I'm liking the mood a lot as well. Haven't gotten far, still just running around punching everybody because I haven't got my non-lethal weapons back yet. I loved the mission in DX1 where you lost all your weapons and had to escape, so I like how this hearkens back to that.

AEREC

I really want to get this but I refuse to support a company/game that has ads in the loading screens.

Guess Ill wait until they no longer feel ads are necessary in an old game or when it is like 75% off on a steam sale or something.

ctrayne

SenseiJinx said:
Agreed, that is my only problem with the base game and the DLC. But a small price to pay for the rest of the package, IMHO.

Yes.
Definitely an homage to the MJ12-base escape level in DX1. Stuck in prison without weapons, power inexplicably goes out, then cryptic messages from some unknown person helping you to get out? Love it.

Of course, I don't think anything will ever match finally discovering that this MJ12 base was all underneath UNATCO's headquarters, and having to escape from UNATCO running into all of the old acquaintances along the way.

Also like the change of pace in setting. Feels different then the endless offices in the main game.

Majukun

loved the game,but i hate being screwed by developers who take away content from the main game to release a dlc,so,sorry SE,i'll pass

Majukun said:
loved the game,but i hate being screwed by developers who take away content from the main game to release a dlc,so,sorry SE,i'll pass
Ummm... Did you feel screwed by the content provided in the main game? My 50 hour play-through felt like a pretty complete experience.

Personally, I prefer it when campaign DLC comes soon enough that you haven't completely forgotten the game and you're still wanting more.

Played 2 hours according to Steam so far, and I feel like I'm about half way through. Really enjoying it so far. Very well done DLC, I feel, despite the price. It's a great level, really.

Makes me want to replay the main game again. Getting nostalgic for Detroit in particular.

Replicant

Anyone knows how much this would cost in Australian Peasant Dollars? I only have $18 left on my account wonder if I should top up...... In the ideal world, I shouldn't have to. It should be $15 regardless of which PSN you get it from. :/

UNATCO? No, Savage. UN-UNATCO? No. Savage.

Nice little DX1 connection there. I always thought Savage was a pretty cool character in DX1.

ShaunBRS

If anyone is running an SLI setup and having performance issues: be sure to try selecting force alternate frame rendering 2 in NCP. Nearly doubled my framerate; now it's comparative to the main game :)

4 hours in (according to Steam, but I think I've played a bit longer?). And so awesome. Seriously, might end up being my favorite level between this and HR. $15 is overpriced for DLC, but for me it was worth it.

What the crap, though, game. Making me choose between Tiffany and the prisoners. =( Turned it off when I got there, can't decide what to do.

Top Bottom