• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

EatChildren said:
That was hard as hell. What I did was sneak in right through the front way. I used the pipes opposite the front guard, and stealth knocked out the same guard while he wasn't looking. The rest was exploiting the guards by having them just see me and shift their positions so I could worm my way around.

Thats what I liked too. The aug doesn't grant you the ability to magically know everything, but instead exploit weak character traits.
You essentially blackmail Haas over the drugs, and leave him full of rage and frustration.

Did you still fulfill the secondary objective? I wasn't sure if it meant that I couldn't be seen at all, or if this just applied to outright alarms.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I can use the numpad to type in codes? Me am so happy. Me want to cry.

Really enjoying it so far. I love how my job is head of security and yet I steal from all my coworkers.

red731

This is torture... I want friday to be here sooner.
I am happy that you like the game. Can't wait to play Deus Ex again.

Linkzg said:
has anyone checked to see if it has the same Mass Effect 2 problem where disabling all but one cpu core drastically reduces loading?

can anyone help out?

have these two upgrades taking up 8 slots. don't know if I should just dump them into the assault rifle or something for whenever the boss fights come around.

amorbis

RetroGamer42 said:
I freaking love this game, but I am really, really bad at it. I was dying constantly on the Normal difficulty until I turned it down to Easy, and now I just die fairly regularly.

This holds true for me.

I started on Easy after hearing people complaining about deaths and load times.

I tend to sneak around, stumble upon a guy, and get killed. Then I proceed to just hide behind a corner and shoot each guy in the head, waiting for each idiot to crouch over his friend, or at least stand still pointing their gun.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jimmy Stav said:
Did you still fulfill the secondary objective? I wasn't sure if it meant that I couldn't be seen at all, or if this just applied to outright alarms.

I did, but it was hard as nails getting in and out. Im pretty sure the secondy objective only goes bust if the guards are on hostile, and essentially know for sure you're there.

Best part so far

CASIE vs Natural: If you have no clue what I'm talking about, get the social enhancer save then speak with Hass, once using CASIE and again without using it. Badass

EatChildren said:
I did, but it was hard as nails getting in and out. Im pretty sure the secondy objective only goes bust if the guards are on hostile, and essentially know for sure you're there.

Sounds good. So far I've only gotten them to "Alarmed" where they tell me to leave.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jimmy Stav said:
Sounds good. So far I've only gotten them to "Alarmed" where they tell me to leave.

If you want to be sure just check your objective menu. The secondary objective will be marked fail the moment you screw up.

somedevil

EatChildren said:

I did as well but my trick was that I combined that objective to be the last one with the main story one of
shutting off the connection. So I got helicoptered off without being noticed did the next mission with the cross bow and then went back and completed the mission.

GOTY for me, put in 18 hours and its still so good, more importantly is I can see myself completing it over and over again, usually I beat a game and wont touch it for a few months.

Deus EX HR
Bastion
Witcher 2

In that order for me.

Morn

Banned
I can't defeat the first boss and it's seriously pissing me off thanks to the load times. One shot, DEAD...LOAAAAAAAAAAAAD. Dead....LOAAAAAAAAAD

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
This is my first Deus Ex game. I went into this game also knowing NOTHING about it.

I am loving it so much.

EatChildren

Morn said:
I can't defeat the first boss and it's seriously pissing me off thanks to the load times. One shot, DEAD...LOAAAAAAAAAAAAD. Dead....LOAAAAAAAAAD

Somebody said you can beat him without firing a shot, but I have no idea how.

Phoenix's Rage

Neo Member
FYI guys. Looks like the Augmented Version for the PC is available online again at GameStop. I just placed my order and will be canceling my Best Buy order, which was backordered anyways.

Played ten hours straight today. PC version. Really loving the game!

Got two Radeon 5870s with an i7 Q 720 and I'm able to run it in DX11 with a good FPS (40-60 on average) when I disable SSAO, Triple Buffering, and Shadows. Hopefully they can workout the weird performance issues (like the noticeable chugging after a load). I get 60 FPS when I'm in in-door areas but it noticeably dips when I walk around Detroit).

Also, I recommend people get the Icarus Aug. The one that allows you to jump from high places without taking damage. Awesome animation and insanely useful.
Especially when it came to sneaking into that Detroid gang hideout.

Derrick01

Banned
Can't believe I've already put 6 hours into the game today according to Steam and I've only just begun exploring Detroit, probably 20-30% done by my guess. It's already my frontrunner for goty.

Oh and that safe fall aug...badass. Saves me trips from the rooftops of these apartments.

aegies

Morn said:

Try using the stun gun, if you have it. It incapacitates him long enough to do... something. You'll figure it out. Maybe lob explosive barrels at him. EMP grenades and PEPS would work as well.

Zeliard

I like how in-depth the side quests get. Individual objectives in a single side quest can be completed in different ways, so they're pretty meaty. Hope it stays that way for the rest of the game.

Ninja Scooter said:
I'm sure it's buried somewhere in this thread, but any word on how the PS3 port turned out?

According to Lens of Truth, the 360 is only very slightly ahead graphically. According to IGN, the 360 version while installed loads the fastest, followed by the PS3 version and lastly the uninstalled 360 version. The game is fine on PS3.

knitoe

TenshiOni said:
Played ten hours straight today. PC version. Really loving the game!

Got two Radeon 5870s with an i7 Q 720 and I'm able to run it in DX11 with a good FPS (40-60 on average) when I disable SSAO, Triple Buffering, and Shadows. Hopefully they can workout the weird performance issues (like the noticeable chugging after a load). I get 60 FPS when I'm in in-door areas but it noticeably dips when I walk around Detroit).

Also, I recommend people get the Icarus Aug. The one that allows you to jump from high places without taking damage. Awesome animation and insanely useful.
Especially when it came to sneaking into that Detroid gang hideout.
Try the new caps I posted above. Improves CF in DX11.

woober

This game is freaking amazing. After completing mission 1 and going through people's offices and reading their emails. The back and forth and gossip going around is LOL.

Reave

Ninja Scooter said:
I'm sure it's buried somewhere in this thread, but any word on how the PS3 port turned out?
I'm playing the PS3 version, and I'm quite impressed at it. The load times are about 'middle of the road' to the other versions, but the gameplay looks and feels smooth. I've had zero gripes so far. Very solid version of the game.

The Xtortionist said:
According to Lens of Truth, the 360 is only very slightly ahead graphically. According to IGN, the 360 version while installed loads the fastest, followed by the PS3 version and lastly the uninstalled 360 version. The game is fine on PS3.

Reznor said:
I'm playing the PS3 version, and I'm quite impressed at it. The load times are about 'middle of the road' to the other versions, but the gameplay looks and feels smooth. I've had zero gripes so far. Very solid version of the game.

Good to hear it's not completely gimped like other ports can be. Will have to check this out now. Game completely flew under the radar for me, but the Giantbomb QL has me very intrigued.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Linkzg said:
can anyone help out?

have these two upgrades taking up 8 slots. don't know if I should just dump them into the assault rifle or something for whenever the boss fights come around.
If you could explain how to reduce the used cores on an intel processor, I'd be willing to try it.

Reave

Ninja Scooter said:
Good to hear it's not completely gimped like other ports can be. Will have to check this out now. Game completely flew under the radar for me, but the Giantbomb QL has me very intrigued.
Yeah, it was nice to not have to worry about whether I was buying the better console version of the game or not -- both versions are on a fairly level playing field. You can't go wrong either way, man.

EatChildren

Word of note to those buying upgrades for the tranq rifle (spoilered for the sensitive),
you have to manually activate the special upgrade, by holding E when the weapon is equipped. There should be prompt in the bottom right corner, where the ammo count is.

Probably just an oversight on my behalf, but I assumed it would be automatic and wondered why there was nothing happening.

Qwomo

I wish there were rubber bullets.

I don't want to carry around a pistol just to shoot out cameras.

Lethal weapons are evil!

1stStrike

Banned
For some reason I decided to go for a stealth/non-lethal run on my first play through. With as hard as this game is (even on the lowest difficulty) it would've probably been a lot easier for me to run and gun, since I can easily shoot people from cover. When I'm trying to go stealth, if they see me I have to reload from my last save in order to get the extra experience at the end of the mission.

It took me like 3 hours to do the first mission because of that... >_>

mr stroke said:
+1

Must be a memory leak or something?
I have an SSD too and the loading is atrocious

Loading is terrible for me too on an SSD. And I had to do a lot of loading for my stealth run.

iavi

How does Adam not know the password to his own machine? My only option is to hack it, but I can't atm. Level 3.

charsace

Miri said:
How does Adam not know the password to his own machine? My only option is to hack it, but I can't atm. Level 3.
They changed the password and eventually give it to you. Remember he's been on medical leave for half a year.

Qwomo

Miri said:
The password is on a pocket secretary beside his computer.

Syriel

Gvaz said:
I'm sorry Salsa, GamersGate is situated in the UK/Europe, so whatever keys they have are from that region which means they can only release it on their release date.

They have prices in US dollars, have no indication on their site that they are selling European copies vs NA copies and have nothing like a contact pages that says "Hey, we're in Europe."

Righteous anger is justified.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I did Reason Reason Empathy... that worked as well. Though I wasn't able to save the hostages, which was a bummer. I wasn't sure how.

To save the hostages in the first mission:

1) Find them in their room.
2) Disarm the bomb by:
a) Hacking it
b) Enter the code you get from a PDA that is carried by one of the PF guys on the first floor of the large room that the hostage room/office overlooks.

At least that's how I did it.

ultron87 said:
Someone please assure me that the fragile cardboard boxes never have items in them.

Walking past one without throwing and breaking it will destroy me inside unless I know they never have anything in them.

Nothing in them.

FlyinJ said:
Ok, what the hell am I supposed to do here (7 hours in):

A BOSS? Are you kidding me? I'm a stealth character with some gas grenades, a stun rod and a silenced tranq rifle. This guy is a 1 second instakill on me. How am I supposed to beat him? I loaded him full of about 10 tranq darts, and ran around the room hiding behind pillars, but he never went down. What is this all about

EMP grenades for the win.

Use EMP grenades and Barrett is *stupid* easy.

epmode said:
I only have three points so far but I haven't picked yet. Considering speech and hacking stuff for my first upgrades. I love going through games like this without firing a shot.

Hacking was a personal fav of mine. Gets you access to
a LOT of cool shit, both item and story wise.

Jimmy Stav said:
Need help with the optional quest, Cloak and Daggers:

I'm trying to infiltrate Derelict Row (without being seen, mind you), but I'm finding this impossible. I jumped across to the fire escape, climbed down, and incapacitated the two standing guard in the hallway that just leads back outside. There are two guards waiting down the other path (into Derelict Row) who I can find no way to get past without alerting them. Any suggestions?

A few ways:

1) Enter sewers in courtyard, go in the sewage and *under* the guys standing guard in the sewers, come up right next to the weapon stash.
2) Go in the front door, take out the first dude, use stealth to avoid the two by the fire. Then sneak along the path on the far side until you make your way around to the stash.
3) Go up the fire escape on the side, punch through the wall and jump down the elevator shaft. You'll come out in the same courtyard that is just past the two guys by the fire from option 2. Do the rest the same.

EmCeeGramr said:
See I never noticed that. I felt so good about the regular conversation and
how it felt like I actually helped him out,
so the idea that the special skill "helping" you would actually result in a different solution never occurred to me.

Speaking of different conversations, has anyone noticed differences in those? I'm pretty sure I did the exact same conversation path as my brother did with
Zeke
, yet I'm positive the reactions were different, and it was actually going to fail if I didn't make a different choice on the last few. I have no idea if it was based on playstyle or what.

Another weird difference was the lady outside Jensen's apartment. He got a religious zealot he quickly punched out, I got a lady talking about how augmentation is the future and the "humanity" groups are wrong.

There is a "random" factor to the conversations that ties in to the subject's emotion. Since the person's emotional state can change from game to game, the exact same answer set will not always work.

Top Bottom