• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

fuzzyreactor said:
hardly much more of a risk. If a guard sees someone on the floor, regardless if they are dead or knocked out, they will go in alert.

Except if the guy on the floor isn't dead, you have one more guard to worry about.

Jensen's greatest challenge = enemies sitting down

I have to take out everyone in a room to protect t-dawg or something, but two dudes are sitting down and I can't get them without being seen. Even if I go insivislbe and stand near them, Jensen won't act.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Hey, any idea of weapon/items will disappear if left around in the game world?

I want to leave a weapon I found in Jensen's apartment, but I'm worried about if it'll disappear over time.

Tokubetsu

fuzzyreactor said:
hardly much more of a risk. If a guard sees someone on the floor, regardless if they are dead or knocked out, they will go in alert.

Yeah, only real risk involved is that stealth kills are louder than takedowns. I've knocked out dudes fairly close to other guards and have them not notice what was up before haha. I still prefer killing though. Jensen got cut up and augmented against his well plus lost his ex-gf. Fuck errbody

fuzzyreactor said:

Utryw.gif

Aselith

Obsidian said:
Some lethal takedowns are pretty unnecessary. I took down a police officer and Jensen hit him in the face and broke his fucking arm after he knocked the guy out. Ouch!

Have you seen the one where he stabs the person in the dick? That happens.

Eusis

FireFly said:
All versions were developed at the same time.
And the PC version was well adapted by a company with a reputation for great adaptions. Certainly it feels more at home on PC than the Bethesda RPGs this gen have.

watershed

Banned
Spent a good 5 hours or so playing this game just now. Really enjoying it. I chose to play stealth style and the game really reminded me of playing Metal Gear Solid for the first time. Very fun. I'm most impressed by the level design.

iavi

Tokubetsu said:
Yeah, only real risk involved is that stealth kills are louder than takedowns. I've knocked out dudes fairly close to other guards and have them not notice what was up before haha. I still prefer killing though. Jensen got cut up and augmented against his well plus lost his ex-gf. Fuck errbody

I stealth-knocked a guy from only a foot behind his bro and the bro didn't notice. If there is a difference now, it seems to be negligible.

So I'm starting my first playthrough tomorrow afternoon and will be going for zero kills and zero alarms on Give Me Deus Ex. Never played the original game. How fucked am I?

Aselith

The Xtortionist said:
So I'm starting my first playthrough tomorrow afternoon and will be going for zero kills and zero alarms on Give Me Deus Ex. Never played the original game. How fucked am I?

So fuck.

Tokubetsu said:
Killing is just so much more fun. Jumping off a building and stunning 3 guards, then whipping out a silenced AR and pumping two dudes to pieces, then grabbing the last dude and fucking him with your blades vs sneaking up to someone and shooting them with a tazer

Zeliard

fuzzyreactor said:
Killing is just so much more fun. Jumping off a building and stunning 3 guards, then whipping out a silenced AR and pumping two dudes to pieces, then grabbing the last dude and fucking him with your blades vs sneaking up to someone and shooting them with a tazer

Haha yeah. I mix up non-lethal with occasional bursts of violence. And I've been steadily upgrading the basic 10mm you get early on just like I do in the original Deux Ex. :p

Ferrio

Banned
The Xtortionist said:

Load times will drive you insane.

It's starting to really piss me off. 5 seconds of gameplay *die* 30 seconds of loading. This repeats forrrever.

Tokubetsu

Miri said:
I stealth-knocked a guy from only a foot behind his bro and the bro didn't notice. If there is a difference now, it seems to be negligible.

Yeah, if you had killed him, they would have been all over you. Even though you can't actually hear a difference, in the game world, killing someone with a big ass balde is apparently loud as fuck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Been checking out some gameplay footage (from a Let's Play).

Very, very interested now :) Is the PS3 version fine? Any major difference between 360 and PS3?

Zeliard said:
Haha yeah. I mix up non-lethal with occasional bursts of violence. And I've been steadily upgrading the basic 10mm you get early on just like I do in the original Deux Ex. :p
my fav gun. something is just so satisfying about capping someone with a silenced pistol in the dome :)

Do you have the armor piercing bullets for you 10mm? Does it decrease the effect of having a silencer on the pistol as well?

artwalknoon said:
Spent a good 5 hours or so playing this game just now. Really enjoying it. I chose to play stealth style and the game really reminded me of playing Metal Gear Solid for the first time. Very fun. I'm most impressed by the level design.
Definitely. This feels more MGS than MGS4. In fact, this feels like a true successor to MGS1. No stealthcamo laying down on your ass doing a worm bullshit.

P.S. Where can I get a silencer upgrade? I only use darts and stun gun and I need silencer for the rest!

iavi

Ferrio said:
Load times will drive you insane.

It's starting to really piss me off. 5 seconds of gameplay *die* 30 seconds of loading. This repeats forrrever.

Take it slow. slow. slow. It really forces you to use everything that's given to you--trash cans. boxes. ammo conservation skills--you name it. I was dying non-stop at first, but since have gotten the hang of it--again. It took me a while to warm up in the leak too, even though the retail build seems a good bit harder than even that was.

Ferrio

Banned
Miri said:
Take it slow. slow. slow. It really forces you to use everything that's given to you--trash cans. boxes. ammo conservation skills--you name it.

Was no slow about it. I was in a room with 4 guys... no real cover... and the quest was making me take them down.

iavi

Ferrio said:
Was no slow about it. I was in a room with 4 guys... no real cover... and the quest was making me take them down.

In most of the cases like that, look for another entry point. I'd almost guarantee you that there's another way about it. Regularly check behind stacked boxes for vents to crawl through and stuff like that--even leading you to different points around the same room. They split up. Profit.

shagg_187 said:
No stealthcamo laying down on your ass doing a worm bullshit.
lol

im actually playing the game fairly stealthy(expect when i feel like doing something badass) and have chosen to neglect the stealth camo aug all together. it feel cheap and i would rather use other form of real stealth

Narag

artwalknoon said:

I like the MGS comparison. No wonder it felt familiar yet new to me.

Ferrio

Banned
Miri said:
In most of the cases like that, look for another entry point. I'd almost guarantee you that there's another way about it. Regularly check behind stacked boxes for vents to crawl through and stuff like that.

No.. the quest specifically wanted me to take them down. This wasn't a get past them cause there's an objective behind them thing.

Zeliard

fuzzyreactor said:
my fav gun. something is just so satisfying about capping someone with a silenced pistol in the dome :)

Do you have the armor piercing bullets for you 10mm? Does it decrease the effect of having a silencer on the pistol as well?

It has the armor-piercing system yeah. No silencer yet (though I do have a nice laser sight on it) so I dunno if that has any effect.

Also not having much trouble amassing ammo so far, at least shotgun and 10mm ammo. What has been rare are tranq darts for the tranq gun. Most of those I've bought off that guy in the Detroit shop.

Tokubetsu said:
Man, I still haven't found a dart/stun gun. I stab and punch shit. Like a man.

I ended up finding a stun gun in one of the missions. Can't remember exactly which though.

red731

Yoshichan said:
Been checking out some gameplay footage (from a Let's Play).

Very, very interested now :) Is the PS3 version fine? Any major difference between 360 and PS3?

Check this link. There aren't much differences except for minor graphical ones and loading times maybe.
I am waiting for ps3 version and people here are saying that it is perfectly fine version of the game.

fuzzyreactor said:
lol

im actually playing the game fairly stealthy(expect when i feel like doing something badass) and have chosen to neglect the stealth camo aug all together. it feel cheap and i would rather use other form of real stealth
Exactly. I have yet to touch that Augmentation. My Adam is a hacking supreme. Hacking = So much fun!! Mini-game done right!

Anyone else love the idea of killing those directing missions at you? Love killing those that get pissed off at side quests (Of course, I restart sooner or later lol).

My favorite side quest so far: Malloney's, especially if you have the wall punching ability. So good!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fantastic so far...

I love how playing this game well essentially just means you're successfully playing to your own strengths. I love games that make you feel like a badass while playing, but there's nothing better than feeling like you're the badass rather than the character you control.

Zaptruder

Banned
Ferrio said:
No.. the quest specifically wanted me to take them down. This wasn't a get past them cause there's an objective behind them thing.

This is where the game's ammo balance comes into play... specifically - you spent all that time sneaking around not using grenades - because this is the most appropriate time to use it.

OTOH, if you were a shooty type, you'd have better weapons/shooting skills that would negate the need to use explosives on them.

watershed

Banned
Narag said:
I like the MGS comparison. No wonder it felt familiar yet new to me.
Yeah as shagg_187 said it feels like a modern version of MGS. All the action is there if you want it but stealth is a viable option and done right. I like how many options the game gives you and how each room/encounter feels like its own puzzle. I haven't killed anyone yet but I feel like I'm missing out on some cool animations so I might change tactics soon.

Just booted this game up in Steam. Holy fuck. I'm only in that intro part where I'm being walked through the lab, and this soundtrack is fucking awesome. It's like Tron had The Dark Knight's OST had a baby.

Salsa

This just in: GamersGate lies to you in the face

8de205134ea65f0c49aaa042e7632d2589088950.PNG

the game is fucking OUT, its out on Steam, wich recognizes my region as south america, i can buy a key from literally everywhere else and i would have gotten the game. Cant believe they have the nerve to go with that answer after all the trouble ive been through.

Thanks again aegies. Installing now and i'll be playing tomorrow thanks to you. Cant believe this crap.

syoaran

Our of curiosity, hidden item in Detroit:

how many people found the sniper rifle and the PDA stating the sniper should start a riot? It's on the roof of the gas station, you get there by hacking the door behind the Opera sign

Zeliard

I'm curious how feasible those 360 degree moves are where you basically gotta be surrounded by enemies before triggering. On Hard (Give Me Deus Ex) difficulty you don't withstand too many bullets.

ok, it's definetely impossible to get the "foxiest of the hounds"/no alert achievement with side quests.

one side quest puts you in automatic alert status

the other requires you to take out several enemies, two of which are impossible to confront without alerting. the main missions don't seem to have this issue.

watershed

Banned
syoaran said:
Our of curiosity, hidden item in Detroit:

how many people found the sniper rifle and the PDA stating the sniper should start a riot? It's on the roof of the gas station, you get there by hacking the door behind the Opera sign
I'll find it now, thanks!

Jtrizzy

Hawk269 said:
I have the same specs, plus another 580 in SLI. Have played about 3 hours or so with no crashes or issues. I dont think you need to OC the GPU as it is only using about 35% of mine in SLI, so even 1 580 could handle this game in DX11 easily.
What settings should I have on? I'm. Getting constant crashes

Dries

Blizzard said:
I'm not a fan of not knowing about time limits, but I figure I can always replay the game once I have a better idea how everything works.

A quote from some pages back... but are there time-limits in the game? In what way then?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Oh god, everytime those video cutscenes come on. They look so horrible. They did this in Mass Effect 2 as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
red731 said:
Check this link. There aren't much differences except for minor graphical ones and loading times maybe.
I am waiting for ps3 version and people here are saying that it is perfectly fine version of the game.
Thanks sir!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Blizzard said:
Dries said:
I'm not a fan of not knowing about time limits, but I figure I can always replay the game once I have a better idea how everything works.

A quote from some pages back... but are there time-limits in the game? In what way then?
So far as I've played there are
invisible time limits

In the first mission if you take too long to get to the hostages, from what people said here, they die.

Top Bottom