• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
It's a older modified version of Crystal Dynamic's engine. Expect further modifications and newer tools when they use the assets (IE better character models and other peices) and new technology they have implimented for Tomb Raider, for the next Deus Ex game.

It's not Gamebryo.

It's the Crystal Engine, created by Crystal Dynamics (not to be confused with the Crystal Tools from Square-Enix). It powered Tomb Raider Underworld and it's modified for DXHR. IIRC.

legbone

whew! that gamebryo response scared me. so, it's the crystal engine. i guess that bodes well for the console versions. i don't remember the tomb raider series being exceptionally better on one platform over the other. hopefully we will have parity here. i guess i'm going to go with ps3 due to cutscenes. bluray cutscenes are usually better than 360 versions in my experience. and the cg in the cutscenes looks glorious judging by the trailers.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
ZombieFred said:
It's a older modified version of Crystal Dynamic's engine. Expect further modifications and newer tools when they use the assets (IE better character models and other peices) and new technology they have implimented for Tomb Raider, for the next Deus Ex game.

Which means it's going to run like a bat out of hell on the PC. Crystal's Underworld engine was damn good on the PC Underworld SKU.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
EmCeeGramr, take your old men act upstairs and hang your head in shame, in the corner.

Drazgul

Lostconfused said:
What does a gamebryo game look like?

civilization_4.jpg

Herla

EmCeeGramr said:
Oh yes. When I mentioned that I could put him on the priority list for the Ambrosia vaccine, he was desperate.

This plague, the rioting is intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.

abunai

ZombieFred said:
A reference to the yellow filter you love so much ;)

Gunther Hermann in DX1 wanted orange soda from the vending machine, it kept giving him lemon-lime. Blamed the maintenance man, but it was actually just his large mechanical fingers pressing the wrong button. I never asked for this.

Anyone?

No?

Also if it's leaked, cya after I've played it. bailfest 2011

Deadbeat

Banned
Did anyone test this because I dont remember in my playthrough in the leak: Do enemies see the laser pointer attachment on your weapon? Im pretty sure they dont but Im not 100% on that.

Herla

EmCeeGramr said:
Why contain it?

...S'cool.

OLD MEN
WARNING
WARNING

I've received reports of armed attacks on shipments. There's not enough vaccine to go around, and the underclasses are starting to get desperate.

Your turn.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
abunai said:
Gunther Hermann in DX1 wanted orange soda from the vending machine, it kept giving him lemon-lime. Blamed the maintenance man, but it was actually just his large mechanical fingers pressing the wrong button. I never asked for this.

Anyone?

No?

Also if it's leaked, cya after I've played it. bailfest 2011

Mind blown, that totally went over my head :lol:

I best jump off ship if spoilers will soon appear here too, this is a game I don't want ruined.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i hope someone breaks the street date in NY for this before the weekend. i'd love to play over the shitty rainy weekend.

Top Bottom