• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Herla said:
This plague, the rioting is intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.

So that's what he's saying. I always heard

"This play, the writing is intensifying to the point ... "

D'oh. Thanks for clearing that up :)

RedSwirl

Linkzg said:
It's not Gamebryo.

It's the Crystal Engine, created by Crystal Dynamics (not to be confused with the Crystal Tools from Square-Enix). It powered Tomb Raider Underworld and it's modified for DXHR. IIRC.

Although Square Enix is now developing a new engine that will sort of combine elements of the Crystal Dynamics and Crystal Tools engines. The CD engine I think was also used for Kane & Lynch 2.

Herla

the_korben said:
So that's what he's saying. I always heard

"This play, the writing is intensifying to the point ... "

D'oh. Thanks for clearing that up :)

I thought that too initially, but I guess "plague" makes more sense.

Oh and, by the way, they're updating the facebook thingy way faster now. There's a nice new wallpaper and a video about the voice acting.

And since I'm already here...

EmCeeGramr said:
Desperate.

Desperate.

andylsun

Somewhere in the basement I have a boxed copy of DX1 that I need to find, like now. Wasn't really interested in HR, but sounds like it may be better than I hoped.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Deadbeat said:
Did anyone test this because I dont remember in my playthrough in the leak: Do enemies see the laser pointer attachment on your weapon? Im pretty sure they dont but Im not 100% on that.
I don't think they do. I've spent quite a long time aiming with the laser sight before and enemies didn't seem to be tipped off by the dot.

cackhyena

I love that the enemies don't just zone in on you. I fired off a tranq dart into a guard in the city from far away. After the other guards woke him up, they all just went on alert and I walked right by them. To be able to play around like that is a nice added element.

charsace

Qwomo said:
It's using GameBryo, unfortunately. It shows in NPC faces and animation sometimes.
In which instances does the animation not look good? The animation is great. There are some subtle changes to character's faces during conversations.

cackhyena

The animations on some NPCs is kinda shitty. And as for faces, well, that one lady crying while she's talking about what's just transpired? I laughed through it, it was that bad.

The good thing is pretty much everything else about the game envelopes you and it's easy to overlook.

cackhyena said:
The animations on some NPCs is kinda shitty. And as for faces, well, that one lady crying while she's talking about what's just transpired? I laughed through it, it was that bad.

The good thing is pretty much everything else about the game envelopes you and it's easy to overlook.

truthfully you can make fun of any "cinematic" videogame ever if you want to bad enough

cackhyena

It's just that the tech isn't there. I know I'm not getting Uncharted level of detail and interaction with characters in those moments. I can live with that when everything else is so fucking awesome.

cackhyena said:
It's just that the tech isn't there. I know I'm not getting Uncharted level of detail and interaction with characters in those moments. I can live with that when everything else is so fucking awesome.
I thought it was really good during the persuasion sections, without any of the social augs you could still read the face and have a good idea on how well you were doing. Of course it was in a overdone video gamey kinda way, but the animation can be quite good and detailed when it needs to be.

Most of the time it can be kinda stale though, but I'll take more dialogue over nice animation in these cases.

Brilliant OP seriously amazing!

I posted in the wrong thread before but I am sure you guys can help me, Has anything come out about what console the game runs better on? I am not trying to start anything I own both and seriously just want the best version.

thanks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wish there was something more I could say.

JoeBoy101

DennisK4 said:
What a shame

n128135_JC%20Dentons.jpg

mudkyp

Despera said:
It's too late. You won't be able to tolerate the awful, dated graphics.

I disagree with that. I just played the original Deus Ex four weeks ago with no mods to pretty it up and absolutely loved it. Yeah it's dated, but by no means unplayable.

Despera said:
It's too late. You won't be able to tolerate the awful, dated graphics.
I played it for the first time last year.

Instant top 5. Thought the graphics held up well enough. Not a looker, not ugly.

It will never be too late for Deus Ex. Ever.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, Steam says this comes out on monday the 22nd. My Green Man Gaming order says the 23rd. I am nervous.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I played it for the first time last year.

Instant top 5. Thought the graphics held up well enough. Not a looker, not ugly.

It will never be too late for Deus Ex. Ever.

Is this real life? DX1 was ugly when it came out, now it's unfathomably hideous.

ThoseDeafMutes said:
Is this real life? DX1 was ugly when it came out, now it's unfathomably hideous.
Well I mean I think enough time has passed that it's stopped being ugly compared to its peers, and is now just kinda... charming?

I mean, it's not a looker like I said, but I never thought "fuck this hurts my eyes"

Whereas, the piss filter in Human Revolution... ;) Haha.

But yeah, graphics weren't an issue for me in DE. I had low expectations, they were met, but it didn't offend me.

Top Bottom