• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Foliorum Viridum said:
I keep hoping my GamersGate key shows up soon so I can add it to Steam in time for a pre-load, haha.

Have you preordered a GamerGate steamworks game before? Wondering when non-steam sites get around to sending you a key...

I haven't, no. A GAFer offered it to me for cheap so this is the first time I've used the site.

I have a horrible feeling the key will show up when the game is released :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Despera said:
It's too late. You won't be able to tolerate the awful, dated graphics.

Eh, I'm replaying FFVII again. If a game is good enough, I can look past dated graphics... especially for older games.

iavi

Kagari said:
Eh, I'm replaying FFVII again. If a game is good enough, I can look past dated graphics... especially for older games.

And that graphics mod just came out too. That should pretty things up a bit were you to go through it. I'm waiting till after Human Revolution, which... might not be the best thing to do, but eh. Too close to release at this point.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I have a horrible feeling the key will show up when the game is released :(

First thing every morning: I check my email for that key. It's just not coming :(

Miri said:
And that graphics mod just came out too. That should pretty things up a bit were you to go through it.

Certainly does

CF0B46AC5981EF6E4A82D2D0123C31B28572C07C

MaddenNFL64

Kagari said:

Same, I love older games. Gimme Chrono Trigger, FF6 & FF7 any day, i'll play that shit up.

And Deus Ex is very playable today. It's an engrossing game, no matter how crap the graphics are.

Deus Ex didn't look good even when it was released and it was still one of my favorite games of all time.

I'm not sure it's possible for me to be more hyped about this game. Maybe I'll go watch the CGI trailer again.

Pretty much a week till this game comes out, still trying to work out if I should preorder the augment edition or just get the regular version :(

xandaca

MaddenNFL64 said:
Same, I love older games. Gimme Chrono Trigger, FF6 & FF7 any day, i'll play that shit up.

And Deus Ex is very playable today. It's an engrossing game, no matter how crap the graphics are.

Same. I played through Deus Ex a while ago and loved it. That said, I play my N64 fairly regularly, so it's not as though I'm not used to what might generously be termed more 'abstract' graphics. In fact, in some cases I prefer them.

(Also, I do a lot of gaming on the Wii)

v0mitg0d said:
Review copy is here!

http://t.co/HKv9V5k

Now, gaf tell me: what would you like in your review? Please be specific and I'll do my best to cater to the poignant questions/topics.

Try to touch on the game's freedom of execution. Meaning are you really able to carry out objectives in creative and original ways, or does it always feel like you're being guided down a path towards said objective(s).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DSmalls84 said:
Any consensus on which console version runs the best? I'm having issues with my 360 and would have to get it on PS3.

Since there is no demo, the console war won't break out until release. Just go with your heart.

slipknot2009

Neo Member
Isn't the price difference just $10? It's worth it if you want the soundtrack and other features. Are you in the US, or are you gonna be able to get both sets of bonus features regardless of where you order?

DSmalls84 said:
I don't mind getting it on PS3, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an awful port like Bayonetta had.

These days, PS3 ports are generally close to neck-and-neck with 360. Sometimes there's shit like a lack of Anti-Aliasing or frame rate stutters, but you're usually pretty safe.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DSmalls84 said:
I don't mind getting it on PS3, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an awful port like Bayonetta had.

I saw both at E3 and they looked very similar to each other. Playing side-by-side, anyway. Obviously, go PC if you can though...

disappeared said:
These days, PS3 ports are generally close to neck-and-neck with 360. Sometimes there's shit like a lack of Anti-Aliasing or frame rate stutters, but you're usually pretty safe.

I switched to 360 after seeing some footage (controller is better imo), hopefully it's not an oddball case like Portal 2 or Vanquish.

Zeal

Banned
sigh console version leaks all over the internet...spoilers everywhere...

...I never asked for this. time to augment my eyes with a blackout.

Despera

Banned
v0mitg0d said:
Review copy is here!

Now, gaf tell me: what would you like in your review? Please be specific and I'll do my best to cater to the poignant questions/topics.
Are any of the boss fights going to be a pain in the ass for a stealth/hack build? Will I be forced to apply some combat augs to avoid frustration?

Facism

tried to play Deus Ex in anticipation and i've got this annoying issue where the game speed fluctuates between normal and BATSHIT CRAZY FAST, audio doesn't finish properly etc. :<

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Facism said:
tried to play Deus Ex in anticipation and i've got this annoying issue where the game speed fluctuates between normal and BATSHIT CRAZY FAST, audio doesn't finish properly etc. :<

Are you playing with mods? Have you enabled Vsync?

Despera said:
Are any of the boss fights going to be a pain in the ass for a stealth/hack build? Will I be forced to apply some combat augs to avoid frustration?
this.
i'll probably do a combat run second, but i love going stealth first time around in games like this.

Facism said:

I had the same issue when I was playing on my laptop with Vista. Never got around to finding a fix for it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just a preemptive warning: No spoilers, or else you'll get a nice vacation :)
If you want to talk spoilers, make a spoiler thread... but again, no one should really have the game yet outside of reviewers, and maybe small stores that sell it early...

epmode

Facism said:
Sounds like you're running in Vista or 7 and you're not using the D3D10 patch. It solved my speed issues very nicely.

http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

This patch is also included in certain versions of that New Vision texture mod so you can look there as well.

have we figured it which is better? ps3 or 360? Just so i know which one to get...or are they pretty much the same and it depends on which controller i prefer?

(obviously pc version is the best)

megalowho

I am so in the mood for this game. Recently finished reading The Singularity is Near and have had transhumanism on the brain. Hope they've put together a nuanced take on the subject, OP did a great job with the thread and it's getting me even more hyped. Time for a blackout.. see you guys in a week!

Facism

epmode said:
Sounds like you're running in Vista or 7 and you're not using the D3D10 patch. It solved my speed issues very nicely.

http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

This patch is also included in certain versions of that New Vision texture mod so you can look there as well.

Using 32bit XP, single core system :p Gonna try vysnc, guess it's a framerate issue. Couldn't find a maxframelimit=xx option in the ini :<

hlhbk

Do you really need to play through the first 2 games to know the story/understand what is going on in the new one? Is there like a great video recap available of the story? I just don't have the time to play through them right now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
hlhbk said:
Do you really need to play through the first 2 games to know the story/understand what is going on in the new one? Is there like a great video recap available of the story? I just don't have the time to play through them right now.

as for Deus Ex: Invisible War, it doesn't matter, as for Deus Ex 1, just watch this.

iavi

I'm going stealth/social in my first play-through. I remember reading that the first boss in the leak was a pain in the ass with that setup. Hope they balanced the fights a bit.

Derrick01

Banned
v0mitg0d said:
Review copy is here!

I already know the exploration is supposedly really great, but can you specify on loot? In videos I saw, it seemed like every room he went in had a couple pieces of loot or other interactive things like computers which I personally love.

Top Bottom