• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Korigama

charsace said:
You think its sour grapes on my part, but he really isn't changing his voice. The VA for Jensen has done interviews the interviews show that he isn't changing his voice.
Actually, I think they consider that a good thing (the response I read before the edit with the gif regarded that as a positive, IIRC, so it's likely the same now as well). But, I'll just my mind business and say that I think it's cool that the role and his speaking voice are one in the same, as I have liked what I've heard so far.

x-Lundz-x

Bloodsent said:
Anyone know if there are plans to release a soundtrack? The music I have heard so far has been fantastic.

I asked the same question the other day. It's being released with the Augmented Edition of the game...not sure if it's going to be sold separately.

x-Lundz-x said:
When a "reviewer" uses the term dismal to describe voice acting when it couldn't be further than the truth then yeah I will argue about it.

All you need to do is watch about 10 minutes of the leaked footage on you tube to know that guy is full of shit.

And I thought the original game had mostly serviceable voice acting until I got to Hong Kong and laughed my ass off.

Effect

x-Lundz-x said:
When a "reviewer" uses the term dismal to describe voice acting when it couldn't be further than the truth then yeah I will argue about it.

All you need to do is watch about 10 minutes of the leaked footage on you tube to know that guy is full of shit.
If one is even going to go that far then they need to provide an actual example of what they consider "good" to justify that stance. That is one of the things that really bother me about reviews. Many reviewers don't bother to back up claims they make or explain how they came to their conclusions.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Incoming bad news... it appears the game could be dubbed in various languages but it's not yet confirmed if the possibility to switch from one to another is granted or not :\

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
RedSwirl said:
Is it okay if I ask about Win7 versions of the "demo" versus Vista versions here on GAF? For some reason my Win7 exe boots up on Vista. Is it advised that I run it?
I don't see why not when I'm sure the game supports Vista.

abunai

Perfo said:
Incoming bad news... it appears the game could be dubbed in various languages but it's not yet confirmed if the possibility to switch from one to another is granted or not :\

You can download language packs after registering your copy, I believe. On the PC, at least.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Bloodsent said:
Anyone know if there are plans to release a soundtrack? The music I have heard so far has been fantastic.

Eidos would not confirm to me if it will be sold separately.

Red Blaster said:
And I thought the original game had mostly serviceable voice acting until I got to Hong Kong and laughed my ass off.

I just got to Hong Kong in Deus Ex, and the voice acting fell into the "so bad it's good" category.

Perfo

abunai said:
You can download language packs after registering your copy, I believe. On the PC, at least.

Ps3 user here :(
I'm from Italy, and I can't tell you how bad voice acting is here regarding gaming side. If I can't play it in english, my experience with the game will be totally ruined. I really hope the game is multi-5 in Europe.

Torgo

For those asking about the PS3 version etc, there is an embargo that lifts on the day of release. The good news is that that's kinda par for the course with Squenix, so the automatic "Red Flag for release-day embargo lifts" doesn't need to be hoisted yet.

We should have a written review up on our site when the embargo lifts on the 23rd.

Kagari said:

Wait, so the soundtrack is included in the Augmented Edition!?

If so, buying for sure. I'm rather embarrassed to admit that I can't find confirmation on that. Even Amazon doesn't list a soundtrack and it even has a picture of all of the CE contents.

abunai

SkyMasterson said:
Wait, so the soundtrack is included in the Augmented Edition!?

If so, buying for sure. I'm rather embarrassed to admit that I can't find confirmation on that. Even Amazon doesn't list a soundtrack and it even has a picture of all of the CE contents.

It comes with the soundtrack, but it isn't a seperate CD. It's bundled on the "bonus DVD" along with the videos and stuff.

legbone

Kagari said:

they may not want to announce a separate release until after the launch window. that way they don't lose augmented edition sales. that's what i would do.

ToyBroker

Banned
Torgo said:
For those asking about the PS3 version etc, there is an embargo that lifts on the day of release. The good news is that that's kinda par for the course with Squenix, so the automatic "Red Flag for release-day embargo lifts" doesn't need to be hoisted yet.

We should have a written review up on our site when the embargo lifts on the 23rd.

Why would anyone be worried? Isn't Deus Ex mained on PS3? And I thought all we've really seen thus far is PS3 footage---maybe I'm confused.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ToyBroker said:
Why would anyone be worried? Isn't Deus Ex mained on PS3? And I thought all we've really seen thus far is PS3 footage---maybe I'm confused.

From what I was told at E3, all versions were developed simultaneously, though they did demo the game on PS3 to us during the closed doors presentation.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Kagari said:
I haven't played either of the previous games.

Second game wasn't that good, but the first one was fantastic. It doesn't matter though, since this is a prequel to Deus Ex.

masterkajo

Perfo said:
Ps3 user here :(
I'm from Italy, and I can't tell you how bad voice acting is here regarding gaming side. If I can't play it in english, my experience with the game will be totally ruined. I really hope the game is multi-5 in Europe.
AFAIK, it is NOT multi5 on PS3. There will be an English Version, a German,French and Italian Version and some more. Don't have the link right here but they got a faq on their official site and in their official forums where it is stated only the PC will have all languages available due to steam downloading the package. Xbox only one language and PS3 some but missing English in main Europe.

Have to say I really don't care about the story or voice acting. These games are all about the core game mechanics and experimentation. These games present emergent gameplay better than anything out there.

Derrick01

Banned
eshwaaz said:
OXM US review (8.5) says the game has "dismal voiceovers". Those of you who have played the PC leak - agree or disagree?

They didn't give it that score because of voice overs...right? What did they say about the things that matter, like the gameplay?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Derrick01 said:
They didn't give it that score because of voice overs...right? What did they say about the things that matter, like the gameplay?
How many waifus can I romance? How many hats do I get?

abunai said:
It comes with the soundtrack, but it isn't a seperate CD. It's bundled on the "bonus DVD" along with the videos and stuff.

Ah, thank you!

Also than you epmode for the link!

I hope I can burn it on itunes or something.

Torgo

ToyBroker said:

Usually, when an embargo lifts on the day of release, that's a bad sign. That's where I was coming from.

Tanolen

Torgo said:
Usually, when an embargo lifts on the day of release, that's a bad sign. That's where I was coming from.

Most games do that, Portal 2 is the one that comes to mind right now.

Perfo

masterkajo said:
AFAIK, it is NOT multi5 on PS3. There will be an English Version, a German,French and Italian Version and some more. Don't have the link right here but they got a faq on their official site and in their official forums where it is stated only the PC will have all languages available due to steam downloading the package. Xbox only one language and PS3 some but missing English in main Europe.

Are we speaking of subtitles or voices here?

charsace

Korigama said:
Actually, I think they consider that a good thing (the response I read before the edit with the gif regarded that as a positive, IIRC, so it's likely the same now as well). But, I'll just my mind business and say that I think it's cool that the role and his speaking voice are one in the same, as I have liked what I've heard so far.
I think you misunderstood my reply. Read my post that was quoted with the gif again.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Torgo said:
You're thinking of movies. All games have that nowadays.

ctrayne

Though the scores so far have been great, keep in mind that most of those reviews are worthless, especially when it comes to silly complaints about VA. Those who played the beta enjoyed it. We already know it's a great game. Even in it's unfinished state, it was a solid experience with brilliant art direction and butt-puckeringly-good gameplay. Like some others, I tinkered with it a few times and had a different experience each time, finding new things and new ways to advance. Que bella.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hmm, is there any high res pc footage from a recent/done build?

Dicear

Banned
Yeah, I was just wondering about the same thing.. That would be embarrassing, jeez. I'm not really sure about the final quality of Deus Ex 3, but I have played the 'beta', and that didn't feel like playing Killzone 3 in any way.

charsace

BadTaste105 said:
I can't get hold of the OPM review for the game but did the reviewer really compare HR to Killzone 3 and CoD?
Wouldn't surprise me. I'm using this game as a bar for gaming sites. This is a 9+ game in terms of review scoring and would have to have an epic meltdown after the first hub that was in the preview in order for the game to score less. The leak could have been the worst thing that happened to reviewers. A site that says it doesn't like the VA, doesn't really explain, and then gives the game a score under 9 loses all credibility in my eyes. There are games with 9+ scores that are shallow as hell or have some glaring flaws or has both.

RedSwirl

AwesomeSauce said:
I don't see why not when I'm sure the game supports Vista.

But there are two executables, one of them specifically labeled "Win7" that is the only one that will boot on my Vista system. I guess I could try to play it anyway and see if it crashes.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I only played the original Deus Ex, back on the PC, then on the PS2. I never played IW because I heard it wasn't too good.

I had lowered expectations for this new one, fearing it's be more FPS than "RPG," but this glorious OT has changed my mind.

I have too many games on my purchase list, however, so I'll be Gameflying this once I return Portal 2.

I'm looking forward to it.

What I really want, though, is an open world RPG like Fallout: New Vegas, but actually set in a bustling, cyberpunk city like Blade Runner. I hadn't been following Human Revolution, but I am now. Looking forward to reading the impressions of the people who get it before me.

Top Bottom