• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Heavy said:
Praxis points are a rare commodity and there's so many other augs I wanna try. It's not fair! WAaaaaaah! :(
That's funny, I'm spending almost all my points on hacking. It's the most compelling aug to me, I think. I'm putting a lot of points into my energy cells and moving silently, too.

I love how there's so many ways to approach this game!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Marco1 said:
Concerning loading issues on PC, it would appear someone has found out the problem and eidos are listening.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119710&page=5

That is definitely a separate issue to the main problem of load times.

On my box, I get 30-45 second load times regardless of vsync/triple buffering being on or off. It makes no difference.

The problem is the game flushes the entire level out of memory and reloads the entire thing when you load a save game. Hopefully they will be able to do some memory tricks to retain some of the level data when loading a save game instead of just flushing it completely.

Pete Rock

FlyinJ said:
Getting the "radar upgrade" actually made it worse for me.

I wish you could toggle the zoom on it.
Agreed, I immediately reloaded my save and reapplied those Praxis points after pursuing both of those ill-advised upgrades which otherwise sounded fantastic. I assumed there was more minimap options or controls on the PC side because it's as you describe on 360, a jumbled mess of nonsense, but it doesn't sound like it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Pete Rock said:
Agreed, I immediately reloaded my save and reapplied those Praxis points after pursuing both of those ill-advised upgrades which otherwise sounded fantastic. I assumed there was more minimap options or controls on the PC side because it's as you describe on 360, a jumbled mess of nonsense, but it doesn't sound like it.

I really wish I could go back and turn it off. Unfortunately I didn't immediately revert, and I'm too far along to re-play hours.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
SalsaShark said:
this guy has a solid point really:
Achievements breaking immersion shouldn't be a surprise, tbh. Those types of achievements should be looked at after your first run. Just don't worry about it and play it however you damn well please. Points aren't that important.

edit: :lol :lol :lol

Where are all these bugs coming from? They're hilarious, but I haven't run into any yet.

Chavelo

halolz-dot-com-deusex-wehavethebudget-motivational.jpg

Nihilistic Monk said:
One mans challenge is anothers frustration though...

The giant bomb dudes recommended possibly playing on easy and made out the ai & boss fights come over as frustrating as opposed to challenging.

My gaming time is limited as is, so I was thinking maybe easy for my run...

Not decided yet... Thoughts Gaf?
I picked easy (they call it "Tell me a story", haha.) Never looked back.

If I really like it I can play on normal or even hard next time.

Chavelo said:
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/halolz-dot-com-deusex-wehavethebudget-motivational.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Amazing. I would totally go for a Deus Ex/Shadow Run crossover game.

Salsa

BobsRevenge said:
Achievements breaking immersion shouldn't be a surprise, tbh. Those types of achievements should be looked at after your first run. Just don't worry about it and play it however you damn well please. Points aren't that important.

edit: :lol :lol :lol

Where are all these bugs coming from? They're hilarious, but I haven't run into any yet.

i just found it interesting, pacifist jensen is an asshole, lol

charsace

I play on hard and the game hasn't been difficult to me. The first boss didn't kill me in the preview or the one time I fought him in the full game. The only problem I've had is that I've never been quick enough (?) to start the riot.

Dizzy-4U

SalsaShark said:
this guy has a solid point really:
Why does the game exempt boss fights and NOT these guys? The whole point of the prologue is that you are the security officer protecting the labs you are paid to protect, so why the heck would you sneak around and evade the attackers you are supposed to be repelling?

Basically, the only way to get the pacifist achievement is to break immersion by hiding from the men you should be engaging for the safety of your co-workers and employer.
By watching achievememts pop up you already lose the inmmersion. You're not supposed to hunt achievements in the first playthrough anyways....

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
This shit is getting on my nerves. First, I can't complete Cloak & Daggers because Double-T spawns on an inaccessible floor above where he should be, and now I can't finish Shanghai Justice because Anonymous X isn't spawning in the Limb Clinic. Rarrghh.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
SalsaShark said:
i just found it interesting, pacifist jensen is an asshole, lol
I kinda want to do a pacifist run myself, but not with these load times. :lol

I was doing more pacifist stuff in Detroit, but by the time I got to China I was tired of it and just started murdering every threat. It really changed the feel of the game once you've sort of liberated yourself from any form of retaliation in the hubs. And I don't need to worry about loading nearly as much doing it this way. The people who said the game doesn't give you enough ammo for an action run were way off. I have over 100 bullets for my pistol at all times, and my other weapons rarely run out.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Quick question, can the automatons or large security bots that have the posture of a gorilla be destroyed using small arms fire like the machine pistol and rifle or is it purely an explosives only (rocket launcher, grenades, emp) type deal. Im facing two and I'm not sure if they are taking damage or not with the small arm

Hmm well Amazon.co.uk shipped my copy today (again cursid may preorder out of date credit card)

No midnight play for me, delivery estimate is the 30th but I'm hoping they're just being super conservative and it turns up tomorrow. My most anticipated game in years and I miss the launch.

Dizzy-4U

Why does the digital soundtrack has songs like "Detroit City Ambient Part 1" and "Lower Hengsha Ambient Part 1" but not part 2? Is it incomplete? 12 tracks seem pretty low. I want the whole thing dammit!

MedIC86

i did not play the game yet but can anyone tell me
in the art book you see a location called Panchaea’s Outer Ring, looks pretty cool. is this something you get to in the game or just random art for deus ex?

kharma45 said:
Do any of you guys know if the European versions of Deus Ex include English VA/Subs along with local?

It's Steam, you got like 10 language versions to download. The only question is if changing the language makes you redownload the whole game.

Zane

Patch is out:

(Fixed) a frequent issue for AMD/ATI hardware users that can cause the game to crash on startup.
Improvements to loading speed. The speed increase depends on machine spec and settings, but loading time improvements of over 50% have been measured on some machines.
Some control fixes:
Diagonal movement is no longer faster as intended.
Adjustments have been made to mouse sensitivity in response to user feedback.
Mouse sensitivity for X and Y axis can still be configured separately, but is now consistent when set to default settings.
The range of settings for mouse sensitivity has been adjusted to provide for more accurate adjusting.
The default mouse sensitivity has been altered to be somewhat less sensitive.

Ugh, so I beat the second boss through a glitch. Wheeee!

Anyway, side-quest help... what do I do after I talk to
Michelle
in Acquaintances Forgotten? I got the reveal from her, and
got her to tell me all about Adam.
But... the trail seems to have gone dead. What am I missing?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
BobsRevenge said:
I kinda want to do a pacifist run myself, but not with these load times. :lol

I was doing more pacifist stuff in Detroit, but by the time I got to China I was tired of it and just started murdering every threat. It really changed the feel of the game once you've sort of liberated yourself from any form of retaliation in the hubs. And I don't need to worry about loading nearly as much doing it this way. The people who said the game doesn't give you enough ammo for an action run were way off. I have over 100 bullets for my pistol at all times, and my other weapons rarely run out.
I have so much more ammo then I know what to do with. When I fought Barret I was carrying a pistol, revolver, shotgun, machine pistol, combat rifle, stun gun, and tranq rifle with about 50-150 rounds for each. I basically abandoned all pretense of non-lethality at the FEMA camp and slaughtered everyone and even after the mission I was still completely loaded.

It probably doesn't help that melee is so awesome and effective. Busting into a room and punching everyone in the face before they know what's going on is sooo satisfying.

Zane said:
Patch is out:
Awesome!

Oreoleo

Zane said:
Patch is out:

Cool. Glad they fixed the diagonal movement speed. That really annoyed me. And it's always nice to see a dev not sit on their laurels, and get patches out in a timely manner.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Thanks guys, really appreciate all the things you been trying to help find a solution.. hopefully we can reward your patience shortly, like very very shortly

This is from Eidos admin in their forums. Hopefully we'll get a patch soon.

Edit: Holy crap patch is out lol!

gragy10

vcassano1 said:
Seriously, what purpoise does it serve to unlock this at midnight? It just pisses people off.

This a thousand times.
I got home to find my augmented copy ready and waiting. I'm away all weekend so figuired I could at least get a solid few hours in tonight.
No dice.
Rage.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Confidence Man said:
6 second load times now.

Beautiful. If your loadtimes were as long as mine, that's a huge difference, like 1/5 of the average length.

Can't wait to play with the new patch~~~

For those in Steam offline mode, I take it we have to wait until the game officially unlocks in our region before downloading the patch?

Also, for those with ATI cards, how do you disable VSync? I don't seem to have the Catalyst control centre, do I need to install that?

Zane

mikespit1200 said:
Nice. Are those the full notes? Was hoping they'd have addressed the stuttering people are experiencing.

Yeah those are all the changes.

I saw a big difference in load times! Dying isn't horribly annoying anymore!

Definity

Just played a few minutes after the patch and my load times are much faster now. I like to try all kinds of different things in-game and reload often so this is much better.

Xander51

I too have dramatically improved load times from this patch. Exciting! Initial load went from about 40 seconds down to about 13. Beautiful.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
SalsaShark said:
any recommendation for key mapping of stuff like the cloak system and smart view? f1 and f3 arent the best options

Here is how I play:

ESDF for movement
T holster
G throw grenades
A cloak
X other augmentation
C other augmentation
V mark and track
ALT toggle cover
SHIFT iron sights
SPACE crouch
LMB fire
RMB jump
R use
W reload
Q inventory
MMB sprint
Thumb mouse button Takedown

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Has anyone used the Onlive Code yet, i was gonna give it to my friend since i have the game and really have no idea what Onlive is or does.

Top Bottom