• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Almighty

Well for what it worth I can confirm that the load times are much better for me. Went from about 30 seconds or so to around 10 to 15.

Makes dying or reloading after getting caught much less frustrating.

Blizzard

Banned
Nihilistic Monk said:
One mans challenge is anothers frustration though...

The giant bomb dudes recommended possibly playing on easy and made out the ai & boss fights come over as frustrating as opposed to challenging.

My gaming time is limited as is, so I was thinking maybe easy for my run...

Not decided yet... Thoughts Gaf?
You can always lower to easy if you play a while on normal and it's too frustrating, or start on easy but then change it up to normal later. Since the game is supposed to be 15-25 hours long at least, I guess you could start on easy if you're really trying to rush it with limited time. *shrug*

Yay for the quick patch. I wasn't expecting mouse consistency improvements, so it's nice to see them listening to such complaints.

Zeth

Totally stuck on (boss)
Yelena. The electricity in the water just kills me, should i put some points in dermal plating? I'm a stealth build but I brought a heavy rifle and shotgun with me, neither of which are getting the job done.
I've died about 10 times her already and it's frustrating me.

Second boss spoilers.

I was so frustrated with this boss. I fought her about 8 or 9 times and each fight ended up being a prolonged engagement where I died in quick succession after I screwed up. So I stepped away and thought about it and beat her in under a minute.

Grabbed the EMP mines from the lockers and took out the heavy machine gun. All I had to do is wait till she charged me and drop one of the mines and proceed to unload lead on her. After the third mine she was toast.

Looking back I cant believe I had so much trouble.

Salsa

fuckin people complaining about diagonal movement, now getting around is just plain slower :(

input lag still there with vsync btw

Holy crap, the patch fixed load times by a ton, was less than 5 seconds for me to load my file, I guess I should probably re enable v-sync and triple buffering now.

Zeth

BannedEpisode said:
Second boss spoilers.

I was so frustrated with this boss. I fought her about 8 or 9 times and each fight ended up being a prolonged engagement where I died in quick succession after I screwed up. So I stepped away and thought about it and beat her in under a minute.

Grabbed the EMP mines from the lockers and took out the heavy machine gun. All I had to do is wait till she charged me and drop one of the mines and proceed to unload lead on her. After the third mine she was toast.

Looking back I cant believe I had so much trouble.

Are you also sprinting past her when she charges and turning around? I seem to take too much damage by the second or third.

ACESmkII

QuantumBro said:
Holy crap, the patch fixed load times by a ton, was less than 5 seconds for me to load my file, I guess I should probably re enable v-sync and triple buffering now.
Is the patch for PC only?

QuantumBro said:
Hell yea! now my hardest difficulty no kill run will be way more tolerable.

bob page

MarshMellow96 said:
Okay, console folk: 360 or PS3?

Is it just a case of load times and brightness differing?
I went with the 360 version after much indecision. It looks like the PS3 version has more aliasing and a bit longer load times.

Zeth said:
Are you also sprinting past her when she charges and turning around? I seem to take too much damage by the second or third.

I didnt even take damage I think. As soon as Eliza told me she was coming I ran backwards from her and tossed a mine down. She would get stunned and I would shoot her. Then she would keep going after me for her second and third hit. The Heavy Machine gun chews her up if shes standing still.

If you have 3 mines and the firepower you should be able to take her out after her first attack.

jediyoshi

Oh god, they patched out the diagonal faster movement aug. I'm still in withdrawal and keep moving diagonally down streets out of habit.

Enco

shagg_187 said:
Finished the game and viewed all endings. I haven't finished DX:GOTY yet but someone said all the endings are canon to the multiple endings to the original. Is that true?
:lol what's your play time.

/XX/

alphaNoid said:
I still think the E3 2010 trailer was the best.. I get goosebumps watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEL5oq8cVPk
Yes! The posterior version that incorporated some of the scenes from the game's TGS 2010 trailer is even more exciting for me, if that is possible:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution "They Can't Stop The Future" - Director's Cut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoRwOux7Ofw

Sorry, alphaNoid, now I see that I posted the same version of the trailer! Seeing that you mentioned the E3 2010 trailer, at first I thought it was the first one published, and not this.

vaelic

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Finished the game and viewed all endings. I haven't finished DX:GOTY yet but someone said all the endings are canon to the multiple endings to the original. Is that true?
how many hours?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
loganclaws said:
Here is how I play:

ESDF for movement
T holster
G throw grenades
A cloak
X other augmentation
C other augmentation
V mark and track
ALT toggle cover
SHIFT iron sights
SPACE crouch
LMB fire
RMB jump
R use
W reload
Q inventory
MMB sprint
Thumb mouse button Takedown
I tried to comprehend this, but my mind refuses to understand.

Space for crouch?
RMB for jump?
MMB for sprint?

This is pure madness sir. You might want to get yourself checked out.

Deadbeat

Banned
wow 3.5 seconds to load a save. Definitely doing a second playthrough soon.
BobsRevenge said:
This is pure madness sir. You might want to get yourself checked out.
Maybe hes so crazy hes sane and were all insane for judging him.

kharma45

Castor Krieg said:
It's Steam, you got like 10 language versions to download. The only question is if changing the language makes you redownload the whole game.

Sorry, should've specified. I meant the console versions, specifically the 360 one.

Enco

GhostRidah said:
I think he just saved before the end and beat it each time and choose a different ending.
I realised that as I was typing out my post but it would still be nice to know what time he got it done in.

Dennis

Banned
Glass Rebel said:
So living in Europe and not being able to play the game actually saved me nerves because there's a patch out now? THANK YOU BASED GABEN!
Yeah, its nice of those North American suckers to beta test the game (for free!) for the rest of us.

Tomorrow, we play the REAL game.

Dakota47

Glass Rebel said:
So living in Europe and not being able to play the game actually saved me nerves because there's a patch out now? THANK YOU BASED GABEN!

That is actually the only good thing about regional releases. Just 75 minutes to go by the way.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
loganclaws said:
Here is how I play:

ESDF for movement
T holster
G throw grenades
A cloak
X other augmentation
C other augmentation
V mark and track
ALT toggle cover
SHIFT iron sights
SPACE crouch
LMB fire
RMB jump
R use
W reload
Q inventory
MMB sprint
Oh my god what the heck is.

I spent roughly 6 hours yesterday replaying the first mission to try different things and make sure I didn't miss anything interesting.

There was a moment when I was in a lift looking out over the skyline when the music swelled, and I nearly wept tears of joy. If you told me it was Vangelis I'd believe you.

I found a basketball court and a couple of thugs standing nearby. Still couldn't get the ball in the hoop after, what, 10 years?

The story is far more personal than Deus Ex. The original game ended up feeling like an extended X Files episode, Human Revolution feels like Bladerunner.

Superlative.

Moaradin

NIN90 said:
Thanks for beta testing, America.

And I don't regret any of it. I haven't really even delved into the game yet even though I have 5 hours playtime. Mostly been learning the ropes so far.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow that patch was a godsend. My times have been cut in half pretty much, even more for interior places that are somewhat small like LIMB clinics. A give me deus ex playthrough is now feasible!

Twinduct

loganclaws said:
Here is how I play:

ESDF for movement
T holster
G throw grenades
A cloak
X other augmentation
C other augmentation
V mark and track
ALT toggle cover
SHIFT iron sights
SPACE crouch
LMB fire
RMB jump
R use
W reload
Q inventory
MMB sprint

Just no ..... ..

OT: Will only play tomorrow .. yay for work and stuff :<

MedIC86 said:
i did not play the game yet but can anyone tell me
in the art book you see a location called Panchaea’s Outer Ring, looks pretty cool. is this something you get to in the game or just random art for deus ex?

There is an achievement that says something about an "island paraside" or something to that effect, so it must be the place

Derrick01 said:
Wow that patch was a godsend. My times have been cut in half pretty much, even more for interior places that are somewhat small like LIMB clinics. A give me deus ex playthrough is now feasible!

Wait, loading has been patched?!

Dear god...

!

alphaNoid

Banned
/XX/ said:
Yes! The posterior version that incorporated some of the scenes from the game's TGS 2010 trailer is even more exciting for me, if that is possible:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution "They Can't Stop The Future" - Director's Cut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoRwOux7Ofw

Sorry, alphaNoid, now I see that I posted the same version of the trailer! Seeing that you mentioned the E3 2010 trailer, at first I thought it was the first one published, and not this.
No sweat, I actually had a hard time hunting that video down. Its so great :)

Top Bottom