• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

graywolf323

I hope Steam starts allowing preloading soon and Green Man Gaming gets their keys out

I want to be able to play this game as soon as it goes live >_>

Anyone else pre-ordered from Game?

I did mine last year, and received an email the other day telling me the price for the augmented edition had been raised from £30 to £35, but that I'd still be paying the original price (£30).

Was quite happy about that.

graywolf323 said:
I hope Steam starts allowing preloading soon and Green Man Gaming gets their keys out

I've never bought a Steamworks game from a non-Steam entity before, is that how it works?

Chrysalis

Clevinger said:
Is it just me, or are there a shitload of deals for this game? Does that mean pre-orders aren't looking good?

I would imagine it's the opposite. For a major release- and this game is one of the bigger PC releases of the year- retailers are realizing that they have to compete for sales by offering discounts and bonuses. This is especially true now that PC sales have gone digital and it's so easy for consumers to compare offers. If it was a smaller release, they wouldn't bother because they would know that other retailers wouldn't bother.

charsace

aegies said:
The game goes on for another 20-30 hours past what was leaked. So actually, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Yet. Also, the real "Reviewer's Problem" is the double standards of people who are going to shit on anything that says something they disagree with, regardless of how well-developed their opinions are. If we don't compare something to other games that are better, we're not doing our jobs. If we do compare something to other games that are better, we're judging a game based on things "it isn't trying to do," etc.

So just admit it - you're going to discredit any review that says something other than what you want it to think about it, a full day before you have the chance to start playing it (and even longer before you've played enough of the campaign to have much ground to stand on when opining with regards to its overall quality).

Caveat - I like the game.
Just post your review here once its posted on whatever site you work for. Game comes out next week anyways.

Critics don't like criticism I guess.

Card Boy

Banned
graywolf323 said:

Greenman Gaming will get keys when Square Enix gives them to GMG. According to the forums they *should* have the keys up alittle before hand for a pre-load.

Don't quote me on this, i might be thinking of RO2 or Dead Island.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I have not read, seen or heard anything about this game until i read the OP. Now, I must have this game! Sounds soo sweet! I was thinking about playing the original in preparation, how has it aged? Is it still worth playing (graphics aside)?

Trin3785 said:
I have not read, seen or heard anything about this game until i read the OP. Now, I must have this game! Sounds soo sweet! I was thinking about playing the original in preparation, how has it aged? Is it still worth playing (graphics aside)?

DX is one of the most creative games I have ever played.

aegies

charsace said:
Just post your review here once its posted on whatever site you work for. Game comes out next week anyways.

Critics don't like criticism I guess.

What you're providing isn't criticism - it's blind product loyalty. Which you're entitled to, but you have no ground from which to throw stones at reviewers who give a game less than the score you need to see to validate your purchasing decisions.

And you can find my review at IGN on Monday morning.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Orange and lemon lime for the Scout, please.

charsace

aegies said:
What you're providing isn't criticism - it's blind product loyalty. Which you're entitled to, but you have no ground from which to throw stones at reviewers who give a game less than the score you need to see to validate your purchasing decisions.

And you can find my review at IGN on Monday morning.
Blind loyalty? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've played 1/3 of the game. Game magazines and sites have posted and printed reviews of games where the reviewers didn't even play that much of the game.

03sho

iNvidious01 said:
ok so now that it wont be reigon locked for us/uk/europe maybe this deal will entice some of you

limited edition deus ex £25.24 ($41.70)
http://www.tescoentertainment.com/S...otating1&utm_campaign=15Offdeusexpreorder2011
15-off-deus-ex-pre-orders___61434.jpg

£25.24???

How did you work that one out?

Shows as £33 in my basket after discount

EDIT: PC version I'm guessing

mxgt said:
PC version isn't cracked yet it seems, so they can't play it.

Sounds like Eidos Montreal needs to go over their reviewer list again and hunt somebody else down..

Normally a steamworks game would be encrypted and need steam to unlock it...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DATA THAT CONTAINS A DEUS EX GAME IS BEING PUT INTO OUR COMPUTERS

send me my fucking code GMG you assholes

KorrZ

Fuck..I've never wanted a weekend to end before it begins so badly. Seeing all you guys talk about preloading is making it worse :\

Top Bottom