• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

cackhyena

charsace said:
Wouldn't surprise me. I'm using this game as a bar for gaming sites. This is a 9+ game in terms of review scoring and would have to have an epic meltdown after the first hub that was in the preview in order for the game to score less. The leak could have been the worst thing that happened to reviewers. A site that says it doesn't like the VA, doesn't really explain, and then gives the game a score under 9 loses all credibility in my eyes. There are games with 9+ scores that are shallow as hell or have some glaring flaws or has both.
I really hope you are joking with this.

abunai

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
any news on a playable demo?

Nope.

UV-6 said:
Just saw an advert/commercial on TV here in England. It was the one with the Darwin quote.

Me too, sat down to watch live TV for the first time in months and I saw the Darwin advert on E4 and then again on ITV like 10 minutes later. Crazy.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
It's pretty much confirmed, console versions are language-locked. Ok, I guess I'm gonna cancel my current order and import it from England -.-'

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Well in semi related news, Ridley Scott is Directing Blade Runner 2!

To much awesome to handle.

Tuesday can't get here quick enough.

charsace

cackhyena said:
I really hope you are joking with this.
I'm not joking. There are a ton of mediocre games that get 8+ score because of some factor(s) that doesn't have anything to do with the product itself. I've played a lot of the game and so I feel that reviewers that are giving this under a 9 while giving certain games high scores will have to give a decent explanation why. They just can't put down one complaint IMO and score it under 9 after so many people have played deep into the game.

eshwaaz

Derrick01 said:
They didn't give it that score because of voice overs...right? What did they say about the things that matter, like the gameplay?
When I get home tonight I'll post more specifics from the review if someone else hasn't already done so by then. The only other thing I remember from my quick skim is some disappointment with the story.

zychi

Banned
One of my most hyped games for the year so I figured I'd warn you guys. It leaked the other day(i think yesterday?) so be wary of spoilers.

Horns

zychi said:
One of my most hyped games for the year so I figured I'd warn you guys. It leaked the other day(i think yesterday?) so be wary of spoilers.

That sucks. Might need to ignore this thread for a while.

slipknot2009 said:
Won't suck. What pre-order bonus are you getting?

I'm holding you accountable if it does
or doesn't.

Order "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" and receive a code to unlock a Tactical Enhancement Pack. This includes a Huntsman Silverback double-barrel shotgun and Longsword Whisperhead Suppressed extreme range sniper rifle.

Dat bonus?

iavi

CaLe said:
ars technica - Deus Ex: Human Revolution on PC: hands-on with the best version of the game

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...tm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

I almost feel bad that my machine can't really handle all the extra bells & whistles that they spent time adding in. 1280x720 at high/very high, with triple buffering/vsync in d3doverrider is as far as I go in any game. It still runs and looks better than most console equivalents, so I'm not tripping too much.

abunai

SpartanForce said:
can a Radeon 4850 HD handle this? The beta run fine but the full version will have other options I guess...

HD4850 is a DX10 card so it won't run the DX11 effects. It'll play the game in DX10(9?) mode well though.

iNvid02

ok so now that it wont be reigon locked for us/uk/europe maybe this deal will entice some of you

limited edition deus ex £25.24 ($41.70)
http://www.tescoentertainment.com/S...otating1&utm_campaign=15Offdeusexpreorder2011
15-off-deus-ex-pre-orders___61434.jpg

iavi

This game has had so many sales for the PC version leading up to launch. That's got to be helping it out a ton.

abunai

iNvidious01 said:
ok so now that it wont be reigon locked for us/uk/europe maybe this deal will entice some of you

amazon uk are selling the augmented (PC) edition for £25, although it's not always available. Keep refreshing and you'll find it eventually or use something like azproductsnatcher.

J-A-G

Banned
Anybody else doing another run of DX1 before HR comes out? I just found my old copy and gonna start another run-through tonight.

MNC

J-A-G said:
Anybody else doing another run of DX1 before HR comes out? I just found my old copy and gonna start another run-through tonight.
Still playing through my first playthrough :3 It's gonna take some time though!

RedSwirl

I've spent like 30 seconds in the office building and messing around with the menu screen and this is already looking like some serious shit. For one thing this has the one thing DX1 was missing - a daggum map!!

Already preordered the augmented edition on Steam... need that soundtrack.

Playing the beta on less than the minimum requirements and it still runs okay, provided you lower the resolution under 1080. (MacBook Pro running W7, 2.4 C2D, 8600M 256mb with modded desktop drivers, 4GB RAM) Thinking about doubling up on the PS3 version though if I can find it cheap.

iavi

Big Chief Crazy Cone said:
Already preordered the augmented edition on Steam... need that soundtrack.

Playing the beta on less than the minimum requirements and it still runs okay, provided you lower the resolution under 1080. (MacBook Pro running W7, 2.4 C2D, 8600M 256mb with modded desktop drivers, 4GB RAM) Thinking about doubling up on the PS3 version though if I can find it cheap.

That's exactly what I'm working with. Drop it to 720 and you can run it at 'high' with a solid framerate intact. It's nothing fancy, but it's gotten the job done so far.

aegies

charsace said:
Wouldn't surprise me. I'm using this game as a bar for gaming sites. This is a 9+ game in terms of review scoring and would have to have an epic meltdown after the first hub that was in the preview in order for the game to score less. The leak could have been the worst thing that happened to reviewers. A site that says it doesn't like the VA, doesn't really explain, and then gives the game a score under 9 loses all credibility in my eyes. There are games with 9+ scores that are shallow as hell or have some glaring flaws or has both.

The game goes on for another 20-30 hours past what was leaked. So actually, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Yet. Also, the real "Reviewer's Problem" is the double standards of people who are going to shit on anything that says something they disagree with, regardless of how well-developed their opinions are. If we don't compare something to other games that are better, we're not doing our jobs. If we do compare something to other games that are better, we're judging a game based on things "it isn't trying to do," etc.

So just admit it - you're going to discredit any review that says something other than what you want it to think about it, a full day before you have the chance to start playing it (and even longer before you've played enough of the campaign to have much ground to stand on when opining with regards to its overall quality).

Caveat - I like the game.

Amir0x

Banned
CaLe said:
ars technica - Deus Ex: Human Revolution on PC: hands-on with the best version of the game

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...tm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

it's so obvious at this point. But it makes me extra glad that they actually went above and beyond the call of duty to fundamnetally tweak the gameplay itself (specifically, an advanced A.I. that increases the difficulty) to combat the skill increasement of the inherent superiority of kb+m controls

also

"First off, Nixxes developed a DX11 renderer that is used on the PC, when available. We did leverage this by adding several features you will see when you have DX11 hardware on your PC: real-time tessellation, improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, improved blurs and depth of field," Julien Bouvrais, the Eidos-Montreal Director of Technology told Gamespy.

Just warms my graphic whore heart. I can't fucking wait

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Clevinger said:
Is it just me, or are there a shitload of deals for this game? Does that mean pre-orders aren't looking good?

On the flip side, maybe preorders are looking good because there is a shitload of deals.

I wouldn't have preordered so early if that GMG deal wasn't so damn irresistible.

Top Bottom