• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

ctrayne said:
^ Guyz. I am pretty sure there is a silenced sniper rifle a bit through the game without the pre-order pack. Pre-silenced, has a camo pattern I think. Slightly hidden.
It's in the early phases of Tai Yong Medical.
are you positive about this? You didnt redeem the tactical pack?

Zeliard

ctrayne said:
^ Guyz. I am pretty sure there is a silenced sniper rifle a bit through the game without the pre-order pack. Pre-silenced, has a camo pattern I think. Slightly hidden.
It's in the early phases of Tai Yong Medical.

By pre-silenced you mean it has the ability to use one, right?

With the sniper rifle I have, silencers are totally disabled and you can tell from looking at those boxes on the left after hitting Examine. Silencer and armor-piercing kit are both crossed out, with only laser sight available.

I'll make sure to check that place out if the rifle is indeed upgradeable to a silenced version.

fuzzyreactor said:
the load patch was a godsend. game went from 10/10 to 11/11

Anyone else find cloak aug to be a waste. it burns through your energy bar before you even have time to be stealthy?

Haven't messed with cloak yet but its upgrades in that tree reduce its energy consumption, and presumably those upgrades combined with the other energy upgrades would make it useful. But that would require you to concentrate Praxis points on there for a while to get full benefit.

Zeliard

Outtrigger888 said:
I didn't preorder and it came in my copy I got from best buy

It's about it being retailer-exclusive, though. People who buy it through other places are locked out from those weapons.

fuzzyreactor said:
are you positive about this? You didnt redeem the tactical pack?
Nope. No sniper rifle with silencer, unless it's hidden in a roof or something. You can't use silencer without preorder, atleast as of yet.

By the way, I hope the devs have implemented a universal password and PIN# for all machines in game. Would be nice for those doing their fourth or fifth playthrough.

ctrayne

Traced-Velocity said:
Anybody know how to fix this graphical issue that's appearing on every face model in the game? It doesn't look too bad in stills, but it's super distracting during conversation scenes.
It's from tessellation. Either turn it off, or try experimenting with the AA modes to smooth it over.

shagg_187 said:
Nope. No sniper rifle with silencer, unless it's hidden in a roof or something. You can't use silencer without preorder, atleast as of yet.

By the way, I hope the devs have implemented a universal password and PIN# for all machines in game. Would be nice for those doing their fourth or fifth playthrough.
so fucking stupid

ctrayne

Guys:
Zeliard said:
By pre-silenced you mean it has the ability to use one, right?
No, unless I am mistaken, there is a Silenced Sniper Rifle in the game, meaning it has a silencer permanently attached and looks different from the normal one. Found it sitting on the floor in
Tai Yong Medical.

Zeliard

ctrayne said:
Guys:

No, unless I am mistaken, there is a Silenced Sniper Rifle in the game, meaning it has a silencer permanently attached and looks different from the normal one. Found it sitting on the floor in
Tai Yong Medical.

Gonna have to scour that place then. But they should still have made it so you can add a silencer to a normal sniper rifle. It's not like silencers are a dime a dozen after all. :p

ctrayne

Zeliard said:
Gonna have to scour that place then. But they should still have made it so you can add a silencer to a normal sniper rifle. It's not like silencers are a dime a dozen after all. :p
Totally agreed with you there, but I at least wanted to let people know it does exist.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Zeliard said:
Wait, was that last part sarcasm? I've only found one so far! And it was in some obscure ass place, too.

T Ghost

LTTP: I tried to find a PS3 Augmented edition here in Tampa/Brandon area and couldn't. Found an Xbox version and had to deal with it. Ran 3 gamestops, 1 target and 1 BestBuy. All stores really low on all regular edition and sold out on Augmenteds.

BestBuy Brandon (FL) didn't even received a PS3 Augmented edition at all. Why is this game so hard to find? Small "print" or too much demand?

installing the disc on 360's HD now... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
fuzzyreactor said:
the load patch was a godsend. game went from 10/10 to 11/11

Anyone else find cloak aug to be a waste. it burns through your energy bar before you even have time to be stealthy?
I use it to bridge cover gaps with excessive eyes on me. Its not meant to be the stealth win button at first.

Zeliard

ctrayne said:
Totally agreed with you there, but I at least wanted to let people know it does exist.

It's awesome to know. It was one of my favorite weapons in the original.

omg.kittens said:
Wait, was that last part sarcasm? I've only found one so far! And it was in some obscure ass place, too.

No, I'm saying they're not a dime a dozen, as in they're not common at all. :p

I'm just about to head to China and I've only found one myself so far. Rather I didn't find it, but
bought it
. :b

foogles

masterkajo said:
Is it normal that everytime I want to launch the game I get asked if I want to "Play Deus Ex" or "Setup Deus Ex". Kind of annyoing. I get that I am prompted the first time but every time?
Right click on the game in the Steam Library and create a desktop shortcut.

Ferrio

Banned
So am I correct in assuming... first city spoiler:
After the barret fight you won't see detroit again?
. Cause I didn't pick up a tranq rifle... and i really need one.

foogles

Zeliard said:
I'm just about to head to China and I've only found one myself so far. Rather I didn't find it, but
bought it
For those that want to know, I found one in
a desk drawer on the main floor early on in the Picus Building

Ken

Ferrio said:

You will eventually return to Detroit later in the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Zeliard said:
It's awesome to know. It was one of my favorite weapons in the original.

No, I'm saying they're not a dime a dozen, as in they're not common at all. :p

bought it
Ahh, gotcha. I wasn't sure if your :p face indicated sarcasm or not, hah. I'm only about 1/3 through the game, so I wasn't sure if there were a ton of silencers later on. Did you get yours
from that black merchant guy in that apartment complex, too?

Ferrio said:
You won't be forced to leave right away, if that's what you mean. You'll be given more time to explore Detroit, and can leave whenever you're ready. Oh, and you'll be able to go back eventually.

eshwaaz

About 8 hours in, still doing Detroit side quests, exploring everything possible. I adore this game, warts and all.

I'm using a mix of stealth and (lethal) guns, and having a blast. The weapons look great and sound powerful, and are fun to shoot. Even the reloads are authoritative and satisfying. Sure, it's not as refined and responsive as a dedicated shooter, but I'm quite pleased with it for an RPG. I'm not having too much trouble with ammo, either - over 90 rounds for the pistol, over 100 for the assault rifle.

I never want it to end. Experiences like this are so rare I want to savor every moment.

Zeliard

Ferrio said:

Naw after the boss fight you just go
back to Sarif Industries
. You gotta go to the helicopter and choose to leave (in a cute nod to the first), so they're not whisking you away before you can do whatever else you want.

omg.kittens said:
Ahh, gotcha. I wasn't sure if your :p face indicated sarcasm or not, hah. I'm only about 1/3 through the game, so I wasn't sure if there were a ton of silencers later on. Did you get your yours
from that black merchant guy in that apartment complex, too?

Yup for like
500 credits.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
DaBuddaDa said:
Try turning off v-sync.

Turned off both v sync and triplebuff and the game teared like a mutha and ran at like 120 fps frying my cards. Tried with only triplebuff and that didnt help, external triple from d3doverrider gives me even worse input lag.

I wonder if I should play with my 360 pad.

Ferrio

Banned
Ken said:
You will eventually return to Detroit later in the game.

Well I kinda want it earlier than that...

Zeliard said:
Naw after the boss fight you just go
back to Sarif Industries
. You gotta go to the helicopter and choose to leave (in a cute nod to the first), so they're not whisking you away before you can do whatever else you want.

Thanks

My piss filter is not working properly. It's set to on but it only flickers on occasionally. The game doesn't look so great with it off. Also the AA sucks.

The only silencer I found was for the pistol.

One question: when you drop and pick a different weapon, does the new weapon still have the attachments you got before?

e.g. I add laser sight to Rifle, drop it to make room in inventory and an hour later get someone else's rifle, will it still have the laser sight?

Also, can anyone confirm if attachments stack up? I added shit loads of damage attachments to Rifle buy I forgot to check if they stack or replace.

shagg_187 said:

One question: when you drop and pick a different weapon, does the new weapon still have the attachments you got before?

e.g. I add laser sight to Rifle, drop it to make room in inventory and an hour later get someone else's rifle, will it still have the laser sight?

Also, can anyone confirm if attachments stack up? I added shit loads of damage attachments to Rifle buy I forgot to check if they stack or replace.
No, only the weapon you modded will have the mod. Attachments do stack; you can check in the inventory screen and press examine on your weapon to see the stats you have added

Zeliard

Deadbeat said:
You didnt get the
Egghead discount?

Haha just looked that up, pretty amusing chain. No I didn't, because
Zeke ended up shooting that hostage at the beginning in my game, so Greg Thorpe never hooked me up with the merchant. I just ended up finding him while exploring. In fact I'm not even sure if Greg is still around. Still a discount of 120 isn't that big a deal; I've found a lot of credits hacking into people's apartments and such. :>

masterkajo

foogles said:
Right click on the game in the Steam Library and create a desktop shortcut.
Yeah that works... but I don't like to fill up my desktop. I always started games from within steam. Why does DEHR ask me if I want to setup. Can't I just do this by right clicking "Setup Deus Ex" and not as a prompt everytime I try to play?

Zeliard

shagg_187 said:

They should stack. You can tell if you look at the stat bars for the weapons.

The base stats are colored orange, the max amount each stat can go is faded yellow, and the individual bars you've upgraded are solid yellow.

As far as keeping the laser sight, probably not. I haven't tried that but I assume any upgrade is going to be unique to that particular weapon.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Might have been posted here or elsewhere, but just saw this and laughed.

photo-6.jpg

photo-5.jpg

T Ghost said:
LTTP: I tried to find a PS3 Augmented edition here in Tampa/Brandon area and couldn't. Found an Xbox version and had to deal with it. Ran 3 gamestops, 1 target and 1 BestBuy. All stores really low on all regular edition and sold out on Augmenteds.

BestBuy Brandon (FL) didn't even received a PS3 Augmented edition at all. Why is this game so hard to find? Small "print" or too much demand?

installing the disc on 360's HD now... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting...

and thats why i preorder stuff. happy hunting!

Eusis

wutwutwut said:
What FOV are you guys using? On a 16:10 screen I'm really happy with 90 degrees.
Same here, 16:10 screen with 90 FOV. And wow, those loads are improved AND now I can safely enable V-Sync! It MIGHT add a second or two to loading, but I didn't use a reliable way of counting and it's a small price to kill screen tearing.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Stitch said:
all the anti-aliasing options in the game don't do much.

jaggies! jaggies everywhere!
tbh, I'm doing 1080p with MLAA and I'm not bothered at all. Not the cleanest looking game ever, but not distracting either.

I mean, even if you are distracted by it, this is probably going to be the best game of this year, so you might as well just try to forget it. :lol

edit:
btw, I loved this.

2011-08-25_00001kp5w.jpg

Some of the emails in this game remind me of Alpha Protocol. Not as hilarious, but I do enjoy this game's sense of humor.

Stitch

Gold Member
fuzzyreactor said:
im at 1080p and fxaa high. barely any jaggies for me

yeah, guess why? lol

on lower resolutions (1280x1024) the in-game AA doesn't do much. meh don't wanna play this on my hd tv... would mean that I have to use the 360 pad *barf*

Top Bottom