• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

mxgt

Banned
See You Next Wednesday said:
I can't believe I'm putting so much time in a game I'm so much disliking.

I must have spent 12+ hours yesterday playing the game. Mopping up most of Shanghai.
People don't play games they don't like!

Salsa

JambiBum said:
I decided since getting screwed out of my pacifist achievement that I probably won't try again. Going through the entire game without killing anyone only to be bit in the ass when I finish got under my skin.

I hear ya man. I remembered i killed people in the prologue after 15 hours of doing a pacifist run. Was mad as fuck. Now im trying to kill people but i just dont feel like it, guess i became used to it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Game load so friggin' fast now. Load times are about 5 seconds on my Vertex 3. :D

BTW, is my HUD supposed to flicker right after the prologue portion of the game?

Input lag is not completely gone, but it's like 90% gone, even with SSAO and DX11 on.

Fantastic patch!

eshwaaz

1stStrike said:
Holy fuck. I just downloaded the patch (had the game running all day) and my load times went from 30~ seconds to 6 seconds (timed).

Fuck yes.
Damn. I really hope a similar patch is coming for consoles. I'm certainly not expecting the dramatic improvement the PC version got, but any reduction in load times would be welcome.

JambiBum

SalsaShark said:
I hear ya man. I remembered i killed people in the prologue after 15 hours of doing a pacifist run. Was mad as fuck. Now im trying to kill people but i just dont feel like it, guess i became used to it.
The thing is is that I didn't even kill anyone in the prologue. I specifically made sure not to kill a single person. So I have no idea where someone could have died at. I'm going on murdering sprees my next game. Might murder all of Detroit for the hell of it.

Dynamic3

Posting this again for the new page as there apparently are no official forums, ugh.

This is what happens when I enable DX11:

6080946353_718c52a041_b.jpg

Any ideas? I have a 560Ti for reference.

Dynamic3 said:
This is what happens when I enable DX11:

6080946353_718c52a041_b.jpg

Any ideas? I have a 560Ti for reference.

Same card, don't have that problem with DX 11.

I did have the Hud not properly centered once, nothing a reload of a saved game didn,t fix.

TheExodu5 said:
Game load so friggin' fast now. Load times are about 5 seconds on my Vertex 3. :D

BTW, is my HUD supposed to flicker right after the prologue portion of the game?

yep. story stuff. I thought the same thing.

Didn't enjoy the first boss battle, felt like I was flung back into MGS 2. The rest of the game, divine. I'm glad I stopped playing the leak after deciding I would buy it. I just knocked a dude out, and dragged him down into a vent. Then closed the vent cover. Hiding places just don't get better than that.

Salsa

TheExodu5 said:

Input lag is not completely gone, but it's like 90% gone, even with SSAO and DX11 on.

Fantastic patch!

are you still getting the random stutters? i know you were with me on that one :p

TheExodu5

Banned
SalsaShark said:
are you still getting the random stutters? i know you were with me on that one :p

They are very minimal now, compared to before. I was getting like 1/2 second stutters every now and then before this. Now, it's maybe one or two dropped frames.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So what the he'll was problem? I mean I am so happy it's fixed, but I'm kind of wondering what it was that it was so easy to fix in and with a really small patch.

The data loading in the game was synchronized with the frame drawing. Every time it loaded a small chunk of data, it needed to wait for the next frame to draw before it loaded more data (something like that). Now, loading is likely asynchronous, which means faster loading, and decreased stutters.

theinfinityissue said:

Didn't enjoy the first boss battle, felt like I was flung back into MGS 2. The rest of the game, divine. I'm glad I stopped playing the leak after deciding I would buy it. I just knocked a dude out, and dragged him down into a vent. Then closed the vent cover. Hiding places just don't get better than that.

Haha I did something similar.

I remember the game mentioning that the dudes you knock out can wake up and alert others, does this actually happen? It hasn't happened to me yet so I'm not sure.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SalsaShark said:

I get those too. It happens as I'm walking through the streets of Detroit, and sometimes when I enter/exit elevators. It's like 60 -> 45/50 so it's not a big deal, but it's still unpleasant.

SalsaShark said:
its almost like you were fixated in hating the game but are now realizing that youre having fun, huh. I dont get why you WANT to hate the game so bad.

More like I'm OCD in finding & finishing everything.

I mean I must have spent 6 hours in Shanghai & out of all that time I only did 3 quest.
The city is so badly designed, the definite in "bigger doesn't always mean better" philosophy.

Absolutely no landmarks to get your barrings, no distinctive qualities to differentiate itself from one section of the city from another. I was looking at the map every single block because everything looks the exact same. Complete opposite of the Chinese level in the original Deus Ex.

And MY GOD, the monotonous color-tone. The color palette in this game makes Gears Of War look like Mario Galaxy, De Blob, Mirrors Edge & Sonic all rolled into one giant disco ball of color.
There is NO color variety whatsoever in the entire Shanghai map. Every wall, floor, stand, counter, stairs etc are made of only two tones of colors.
Sure the interior art designs look GREAT, but the exterior looks like ass.

Can't believe people are giving this a free pass when they destroy Invisible War for the slightest flaws.

Zeliard

theinfinityissue said:

I wish they'd wake up on their own after a certain amount of time. It would add more strength to going lethal while at the same time making non-lethal more difficult and even more rewarding.

DualShadow said:

I remember the game mentioning that the dudes you knock out can wake up and alert others, does this actually happen? It hasn't happened to me yet so I'm not sure.

Nope they can't wake up on their own but they can be woken up by others.

Salsa

I get them quite constantly on city hubs but never on mission/indoors no matter how crowded they are, wich made me think its not because of my rig.

Can get annoying in some situations, i think im getting it worse than you guys for some reason.

Aeana

I had no idea there was a patch. Started the game up, it loaded in like 1/3 the time it usually takes, and ran here to see if it was a fluke or not. Glad to see it was addressed! So much better now.

EDIT: Mouse sensitivity is sooo messed up now. Hope I can get it back to how it was before.

DualShadow said:

The very first guy I knocked out woke up in 40-ish seconds & later on in the game I been knocking people out & later coming back to the same spots in over 20 minutes to still see them unconscious.
edit: yeah someone must have woken up the guy.

Dynamic3

The Bookerman said:
Same card, don't have that problem with DX 11.

I did have the Hud not properly centered once, nothing a reload of a saved game didn,t fix.

Can you tell me if the 'Stereo 3D Effect' slider is adjustable in your settings?

I'm pretty sure it thinks I have 3D enable because it lets me move that slider and it heavily affects my image.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Having so much fun now that I decided not to be a pacifist.

Being a badass sneak that can also Icarus Stun dudes and kill two of 'em at once with melee blades is much more rewarding.

Blizzard

Banned
masterkajo said:
Y u no mouse lag? I do but everything else is good. Playing with a controller now and that seems to fix it. Strange.
One person suggested plugging in a 360 controller before starting up the game. I tried it myself the first time, but I'm not sure if it helped or if it's just a crazy thing to try.

SalsaShark said:
I mainly dont get the people saying CONSTANT 60fps

in some sections of cities it really stutters. Seems to be the general consensus with everyone i checked, and it has nothing to do with your rig.
It might be streaming loading. Mirror's Edge had something similar for me in places.

And MY GOD, the monotonous color-tone. The color palette in this game makes Gears Of War look like Mario Galaxy, De Blob, Mirrors Edge & Sonic all rolled into one giant disco ball of color.
There is NO color variety whatsoever in the entire Shanghai map. Every wall, floor, stand, counter, stairs etc are made of only two tones of colors.
Sure the interior art designs look GREAT, but the exterior looks like ass.
Are you sure this isn't a personal color/artstyle preference thing? That could be why some people gave it more of a pass. *shrug*

Mindlog

Yeah the prologue is going to screw me out of pacifist as well. However, I am still enjoying trying not to kill and being stealthy.

but

The game is really starting to tempt me.
I couldn't talk myself into taking down the crazy augmented soldier in who wants to kill corrupt officials.
Then I got my hands on the grenade launcher.
The grenade launcher is so much fun -_-

I'm definitely going Terminator if I get to play again.

Erebus

TheExodu5 said:

Fantastic patch!
Yes,
supposedly your retina display thingy is not working properly.

Anyone know what's the deal with the 59Hz refresh rate? I have a 16:10 monitor and a GTX 460 if that matters.

Blizzard

Banned
DarkUSS said:
Yes,
supposedly your retina display thingy is not working properly.

Anyone know what's the deal with the 59Hz refresh rate? I have a 16:10 monitor and a GTX 460 if that matters.
What is your Windows desktop and/or videocard set to? Some monitors might be 59.94 Hz instead of 60.00 Hz or whatnot.

I was going for a no-kill run, but saw that the dumpster that I threw at two punks in a basketball court killed them :/

Thinking of starting over, especially since i lingered around too long before starting the first mission and all the hostages died. That didn't happen to me in the preview build.

Game is so good I don't mind playing through again. I already found a whole bunch of crap I missed the first time. First thing I max out is hacking, which can happen quickly by finding lots of credits and buying two Praxis points from the Limb clinic, plus the ones earned from leveling.

Loading time patch is boss. Only thing that was bothering me in the game. Now everything is perfect.

TheExodu5

Banned
Aeana said:
I had no idea there was a patch. Started the game up, it loaded in like 1/3 the time it usually takes, and ran here to see if it was a fluke or not. Glad to see it was addressed! So much better now.

EDIT: Mouse sensitivity is sooo messed up now. Hope I can get it back to how it was before.

It's actually normal now. Prior to this, the Y sensitivity was way lower than the X sensitivity. I had to also set it to the lowest it would go, and bring my 5600 DPI mouse down to 800DPI so that I could play at my usual sensitivity. So much better now.

Salsa

HurricaneJesus said:
I was going for a no-kill run, but saw that the dumpster that I threw at two punks in a basketball court killed them :/

Thinking of starting over, especially since i lingered around too long before starting the first mission and all the hostages died. That didn't happen to me in the preview build.

Game is so good I don't mind playing through again. I already found a whole bunch of crap I missed the first time. First thing I max out is hacking, which can happen quickly by finding lots of credits and buying two Praxis points from the Limb clinic, plus the ones earned from leveling.

Loading time patch is boss. Only thing that was bothering me in the game. Now everything is perfect.

finish the game and play again from the start with different choices, not worth it

Aeana

TheExodu5 said:
It's actually normal now. Prior to this, the Y sensitivity was way lower than the X sensitivity. I had to also set it to the lowest it would go, and bring my 5600 DPI mouse down to 800DPI so that I could play at my usual sensitivity. So much better now.
I got it fixed. I had to set it higher than I had it before, and make them even (I had previously put Y above X as suggested by someone here). Good to go now.

ok guys i need help. im stuck in the police station. h
how do i pass the first floor? i screwed up the cop interrogation at the front desk, so now i gotta go sneaky style.

PaulLFC

Finally unlocked for me at midnight, was excited to play it but the game is buggy as anything :( I've barely played half an hour and it's crashed twice - once when pausing and trying to look at the controls menu, second time when pausing and going into the steam overlay to reply to chat. Needed to end the process and restart the game both times, hope it gets another patch soon.

boredofcanada said:
how do i pass the first floor? i screwed up the cop interrogation at the front desk, so now i gotta go sneaky style.

Ladder on back alley that leads to third floor.

To get there, either walk through the electrocuted floor or stack dumpsters next to the police station and jump over the fence.

Erebus

Blizzard said:
What is your Windows desktop and/or videocard set to? Some monitors might be 59.94 Hz instead of 60.00 Hz or whatnot.
It's 60Hz. It always was. That's the first time I see 59Hz in Deus Ex configuration menu.

Reave

Maybe we should consider starting up a seperate thread for all of the PC related performance discussion about HR. I don't really mind it, but it's kinda taking over most of the thread. Good idea?

kamspy

This game reminds me more of Vampire Bloodlines than Deus Ex 1. Just in terms of the sizes of the hub city and amount of ambient life.

Running a
AMD PII 955x4
Wildly overclocked 460 GTX 1GB
4 GB DDR2

Running all max no problem. Just get the same stutter everyone else reports. Really liking the game. Probably the best "new game feeling" I've had in a while.

Ladder in the alley leads to the third floor
no im way past that. inside the station, i cant seem to do anything once i get to the first floor.

Otheradam

Is there a consensus on which version is better? I'm deciding between PC and Xbox. I recently built a new PC and now don't know which version to get. Controller/keyboard don't matter to me as I can play with a controller on PC if I wanted to.

boredofcanada said:

You could also try the sewers because there is a door that leads into the room next to the morgue.

Top Bottom