• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Ferrio said:
Well I kinda want it earlier than that...

Thanks
You can get a tranq gun in the next hub...
It's in one of the numerous secure storage thingies in lower Hengsha. I forget which one though, there are so many. Sorry!

Ken

Zeliard said:
Naw after the boss fight you just go
back to Sarif Industries

After the Barret boss fight, aren't your only options at the helicopter to stay and explore the current area more or leave and head to the next hub? I didn't see an option to return to Detroit.

1stStrike

Banned
A couple things that caught me by surprise, one funny.

Upon returning to china:
After Malik gets shot down and then dies, I was like "damn, she's dead" and carried on. But, then I broke into the harvesters base, and towards the body... found her bloody body on a table. I was NOT expecting that. I was just kind of like "...fuck" when I found it. Pretty sad moment to see her laying there dead after going through the whole game.

Singapore:
The "Final Fantasy "XXVII" poster in the dorm room lol. I got a good laugh at that one.

masterkajo

jim-jam bongs said:
Use a controller :p
I tried that and actually... it kind of seems to fix the problem. No input lag on the controller. :) Strange. But at least my PS3 pad has its use now thankst o motioninjoy.

Thanks!

1stStrike said:
A couple things that caught me by surprise, one funny.

Upon returning to china:
After Malik gets shot down and then dies, I was like "damn, she's dead" and carried on. But, then I broke into the harvesters base, and towards the body... found her bloody body on a table. I was NOT expecting that. I was just kind of like "...fuck" when I found it. Pretty sad moment to see her laying there dead after going through the whole game.

You can save her!

OMG! Final Fantasy XXVII (that's 27!) announced! To be released in 2027!

cSCoR.jpg

:p

My inventory is a mess. Yes, that's a lot of enemies... lol

mxgt

Banned
Damn this game rocks

Solid 60 fps at 1080 with everything maxed on dx11 and no mouse lag with vsync, I love it.

Yeah fuck it I'm done non-lethal/no alert. Gonna take your advice and mix it up and just have fun and save the non-lethal route for another playthrough.

Zeliard

Ken said:
After the Barret boss fight, aren't your only options at the helicopter to stay and explore the current area more or leave and head to the next hub? I didn't see an option to return to Detroit.

The options are to
stay and look around the FEMA area some more or leave and go back to Sarif Industries. You still had to confront Sarif himself about various things, and Pritchard. To go to China you then go to Malik at the helipad. I actually triggered and completed the Cloak and Daggers quest after killing Barrett.

TheExodu5

Banned
masterkajo said:
I tried that and actually... it kind of seems to fix the problem. No input lag on the controller. :) Strange. But at least my PS3 pad has its use now thankst o motioninjoy.

Thanks!

You can also turn off DirectX11 and SSAO. Fixes the input lag.

Salsa

game just hard froze and had to quit to the desktop for the first time on a loading screen and now i remember i have a girlfriend

masterkajo

mxgt said:
Damn this game rocks

Solid 60 fps at 1080 with everything maxed on dx11 and no mouse lag with vsync, I love it.
Y u no mouse lag? I do but everything else is good. Playing with a controller now and that seems to fix it. Strange.

Ken

Zeliard said:
The options are to
stay and look around the FEMA area some more or leave and go back to Sarif Industries. You still had to confront Sarif himself about various things, and Pritchard. To go to China you then go to Malik at the helipad. I actually triggered and completed the Cloak and Daggers quest after killing Barrett.

Ah, my bad. I mixed up the order of events.

Salsa

I mainly dont get the people saying CONSTANT 60fps

in some sections of cities it really stutters. Seems to be the general consensus with everyone i checked, and it has nothing to do with your rig.

mxgt

Banned
masterkajo said:
Y u no mouse lag? I do but everything else is good. Playing with a controller now and that seems to fix it. Strange.
I dunno, it's just super sharp for me, haven't changed anything externally.

SalsaShark said:
game just hard froze and had to quit to the desktop for the first time on a loading screen and now i remember i have a girlfriend

I had similar issue, I think it was either a corrupted save file or I saved at a location where the damn PC was getting chugged at that exact pinpoint location. Restarted the game, load the save file and create a new save right away. Problem solved. >_>

jediyoshi said:
Oh God, didn't even know this. Story redeemed.

That really put me off.

You'll need to rambo your ass though i.e. you will be spotted if you do so. Carry some EMPs to take out the bot, and you're good to go!

The gunplay is definitely too fun to ignore altogether, as are some of the more aggressive augmentations. I'm sure I'll do a pacifist, Give Me Deus Ex, HUD-less (when the mod comes out) playthrough in the future, but for now it's just great to go from knocking someone out to blasting their friend in the face with a shotgun in a matter of seconds. Icarus Landing is one of the best augmentations out there as well, so useful and SO badass

TheExodu5

Banned
Patch notes for today:

This latest patch addresses:

A frequent issue for AMD/ATI hardware users that can cause the game to crash on startup.
Improvements to loading speed. The speed increase depends on machine spec and settings, but loading time improvements of over 50% have been measured on some machines.

Some control fixes:

Diagonal movement is no longer faster as intended.
Adjustments have been made to mouse sensitivity in response to user feedback.
Mouse sensitivity for X and Y axis can still be configured separately, but is now consistent when set to default settings.
The range of settings for mouse sensitivity has been adjusted to provide for more accurate adjusting.
The default mouse sensitivity has been altered to be somewhat less sensitive.

I'm glad to hear they at least fixed up the mouse a bit. I have a feeling it's not going to fix the lag (as I think it's engine related, and nothing can be done about it), but those notes are great otherwise.

Salsa

blahblah...blah said:
The gunplay is definitely too fun to ignore altogether, as are some of the more aggressive augmentations. I'm sure I'll do a pacifist, Give Me Deus Ex, HUD-less (when the mod comes out) playthrough in the future, but for now it's just great to go from knocking someone out to blasting their friend in the face with a shotgun in a matter of seconds. Icarus Landing is one of the best augmentations out there as well, so useful and SO badass

since i screwed the pacifist achievement im going all out on the next one

no kills, no alarms and no augmentations

bring it

Im REALLY trying to kill people on this playthrough but i just cant bring myself to do it, lol. I think i just much prefer the non-lethal weapons or non-lethal solutions. Im not even sure on what side i am, so killing anyone just feels wrong.

eb643b17fff4c245c7b776a130c9546ce299748f.png

Varna

Any place to get stun gun ammo in Detroit? Been out for a while and I almost out of tranq ammo too. :(

I have mountains of normal ammo stacked in my apartment. :/

Zeliard

blahblah...blah said:

Quite intrigued by the augs that allow you to drop two enemies at once, increase energy regen/limit, Typhoon explosion system, and stuff like that. After I fix up Jensen's legs I think that's the direction I'll go. I also really want to pull off an Icarus Drop on some fools. I have that aug but haven't used its attack yet.

Anyone get that Typhoon aug? Is it fun/effective?

1stStrike

Banned
Holy fuck. I just downloaded the patch (had the game running all day) and my load times went from 30~ seconds to 6 seconds (timed).

Fuck yes.

SalsaShark said:
Im REALLY trying to kill people on this playthrough but i just cant bring myself to do it, lol.

My flatmate was watching me play and I decided to switch it up and execute a guy in CQC. His reaction:

"Uh. Can you go back to non-lethal please?"

1stStrike said:
How? I'm guessing I'd have to actually
fight all the soldiers instead of sneaking past them, right?

That's correct. It's tough, but doable - no matter how many tries it took, I couldn't let you-know-what happen, it would have gutted me too much!

Zeliard

jim-jam bongs said:
My flatmate was watching me play and I decided to switch it up and execute a guy in CQC. His reaction:

"Uh. Can you go back to non-lethal please?"

Sounds like anti-aug bigotry if you ask me. Weaponized elbows are quite useful.

Solo

Awesome: they fixed the load times!...
Puzzling: ...that they couldn't release the game in that state

Boggles the mind.

Varna

jim-jam bongs said:

I knew it... mine fell behind the dumpster and I can't reach it anymore. :(

EDIT: I really wish you could just toggle the item highlight with alt or something. It just looks awful on all the time.

Card Boy

Banned
Dynamic3 said:
This is what happens when I enable DX11:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6193/6080946353_718c52a041_b.jpg[/IMG

Any ideas? I have a 560Ti for reference.[/QUOTE]

Have you got 3D on? Yes there is a 3D option

wilflare

i bought the Augmented Edition from GMG, i should see this on the DLC page right?
"There is no downloadable content available for this game." right?

Salsa

See You Next Wednesday said:
I can't believe I'm putting so much time in a game I'm so much disliking.

its almost like you were fixated in hating the game but are now realizing that youre having fun, huh. I dont get why you WANT to hate the game so bad.

JambiBum

I decided since getting screwed out of my pacifist achievement that I probably won't try again. Going through the entire game without killing anyone only to be bit in the ass when I finish got under my skin.

Top Bottom