• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

PaulLFC

And it's just crashed again for a third time in about an hour after clicking Accept on the Exit to Windows dialog. Ugh. Anyone else having frequent crashes?

Teknoman

leng jai said:
Is it just me or are the cutscenes significantly louder than gameplay?

Seems that way, at least for me. The music seems lower than everything else on the PC version too. Explosion noises are really punchy though.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
flipswitch said:
Those who have completed it, how long did you do it in? Some person on steam took 14hours, while an eidos employee took over twice that.

JUST finished the game. On hardest difficulty and with doing about 3/4ths of the side quests, I clocked in at 20 hours according to Steam.

LOVED it, but the endings are a total let-down. Such a sour note to end a superbly done game. Downloading New Vision now and gonna play the original before I do a Big Boss runthrough of Human Revolution (no kills, no alerts)

I think I overdid it.

3B1CAAA685F9C1F3A2E2D43989A22A3D4C0CB354

D75A02A7DCFF0CFA22171A62512D980FDB87EEF5

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, they weren't joking when they said they improved load times. Much, much better.

Why didnt i buy this for PC... i'm furious at myself! The framerate on ps3 is so awful if things get frenetic. For the police station mission i had no option but to use stealth, any kind of firefight and the game became unplayable. In other games i don't normally notice fps dips.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Fix The Scientist said:
Why didnt i buy this for PC... i'm furious at myself! The framerate on ps3 is so awful if things get frenetic. For the police station mission i had no option but to use stealth, any kind of firefight and the game became unplayable. In other games i don't normally notice fps dips.
Damn, sounds bad. 360 version i havent had this issue. There are some rare occasions it will slowdown when looking at a big view or something but i havent had combat slowdowns.

Heh, I disabled Catalyst AI and ran all the AF, vsync and triple buffering through RadeonPro instead. Fixed every single performance problem I had with the game - the disappearing HUD, the post effects not working, the missing cutscene subtitles, some framerate drops, and it made FXAA High work properly so no more awful jaggies.

Now I can finally play the game properly, which is good as it seems like a frontrunner for GOTY so far! Easily the best stealth game since Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory too, which is shocking as it's only one part of the game.

Teknoman

B898213B2D9BE8A01E56316D4DDD96A85912EAA1

353B9AEFC731EDD817CDECF2285E816A669A2A54

Same problem from last night. See the jagged yellow line, or the second image with the vertical yellow lines on the wall / horizontal on the floor and the dots next to the floor line? Not sure whats causing it, but think it could be a lighting issue? It seems the move/change orientation when I turn the camera or move around.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wish I didn't have to work early tomorrow. I get off this shift of my job at 2am and have to go down to miami at 8:30am., so I really shouldn't play... well at all, but I'll say more than an hour.

Got this weekend off though and no plans; hoping to see the girl, but if she's busy this game will be my consolation.

purg3

slept with Malkin
finding a turret in a mission, then hacking it and proceeding to carry it with you throughout a level is fucking awesome.

Eusis

Teknoman said:
Same problem from last night. See the jagged yellow line, or the second image with the vertical yellow lines on the wall / horizontal on the floor and the dots next to the floor line? Not sure whats causing it, but think it could be a lighting issue? It seems the move/change orientation when I turn the camera or move around.
Think I had similar (horizontal grey line on streets/sidewalks) but I can't remember what exactly I changed to avoid that. Probably texture filtering, it's on Trilinear now rather than 16x, AA's set to FXAA High, and Shadows/SSAO/DOF are all Normal. That, or triple buffer V-sync since the other two (accessible) boxes are checked.

Edit: Oh, and I'm on a 4870, for whatever that's worth.

Wow, the patch sounds like great news for all of you PC guys. I'm pretty jealous as a PS3 peasant right now.

I picked up the strategy guide for this game today, it seems really well done. I'm only using it now to understand all of the mechanics and systems of the game better and avoiding any specific tips or walkthrough related info. This is just one of those games where I feel like a strategy guide will be a great resource for future playthroughs.

This game is simply incredible.

Wanace

Is there any way to do silent/nonlethal kills if you run out of juice and have no candy bars?

I chose lethal on the heli and now all i have are loud guns. Didn't find any stun batons or any thing like that looking around so far.

Darkkn

This game is frigging awesome! Just did my first side mission and got lost in the first hub world, hacking into apartments etc. :p

Is there a way to cache stuff somewhere? have to drop cool stuff constantly :(

Too bad i get pretty bad aliasing shimmering with MLAA. FXAA high looks great but doesn't run as well on my ATI card :/

Teknoman

Eusis said:
Think I had similar (horizontal grey line on streets/sidewalks) but I can't remember what exactly I changed to avoid that. Probably texture filtering, it's on Trilinear now rather than 16x, AA's set to FXAA High, and Shadows/SSAO/DOF are all Normal. That, or triple buffer V-sync since the other two (accessible) boxes are checked.

Yeah thats the same card i'm using. Hmm I was hoping I wouldnt have to cut down texture filtering since I had the grey line problem too, but dont remember seeing that the first time I booted up the game. I'll try to see if Vsync + Triple buffering fixes it (even though I usually like high framerate over no screen tearing).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So much awesome name dropping in
Montreal

wwm0nkey

Jesus, just beat my first playthough and all I have to say is holy crap.

Will be playing through this a lot as I feel like I can accomplish more and try things in new ways. This is my GOTY hands down, it was an amazing experience.

PaulLFC said:
And it's just crashed again for a third time in about an hour after clicking Accept on the Exit to Windows dialog. Ugh. Anyone else having frequent crashes?
This is the only crash I get, but it happens every time.

I have two quick questions:

1. Does the PC version scale well? (I have a PC that's below recommended, but definitely above minimum).

2. Is the physical artbook worth it, or goes with the convenience of a Steam download?

Thanks.

Teknoman

Eusis said:

Teknoman said:
Yeah thats the same card i'm using. Hmm I was hoping I wouldnt have to cut down texture filtering since I had the grey line problem too, but dont remember seeing that the first time I booted up the game. I'll try to see if Vsync + Triple buffering fixes it (even though I usually like high framerate over no screen tearing).

Lowered texture filtering to 1x AF and that fixed the lines. So you can still get AF instead of Trilinear...just not a high amount. Hopefully it'll be patched since the game still runs great with a moderate-high level of AF.

Although I'm not finished yet, the realization that this is one of my favorite games ever just kicked in. I'm completely smitten.

Maybe the best game released this generation

that is, unless the latter portions are completely awful

Eusis

Teknoman said:
Yeah, I just tested again and it's definitely Texture filtering. Seems to be there with ANY on beyond Trilinear or at least x1 too.

Edit: Well, that was kind of redundant! But yeah, since it's not an isolated case it'd be great to see fixed.

BTW, people who preordered from Gamestop or whatever: Who's the "classic character" in the bonus sidequest? It has to be
Gunther or Manderly, right?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Quick question: can you store items in your apartment and/or office? And with the former,
you can't put things into the hidey hole can you?

foogles

BigJiantRobut said:
BTW, people who preordered from Gamestop or whatever: Who's the "classic character" in the bonus sidequest? It has to be
Gunther or Manderly, right?
Neither. It's
Tracer Tong

Gez said:
Is Icarus drop worth it?

I think so. Same with the high jump. Nothing better than alternate routes and not worrying about falling to my death.!

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Oh yeah, the voice acting in this is terrible. It's only slightly redeemed by what I thought was Lambert from Splinter Cell.

Terrible is a little dramatic? Personally I think it's quite good.

Carm

Epyon MX said:
I have two quick questions:

1. Does the PC version scale well? (I have a PC that's below recommended, but definitely above minimum).

2. Is the physical artbook worth it, or goes with the convenience of a Steam download?

Thanks.

Will probably play fine on lower settings. The artbook is pretty disappointing imo, extremely thin, I'm use to nice ones from my WoW CE's.

Teknoman said:
Btw you guys say 90 is a good FOV setting for 16:10?

90 felt off to me, I have it at 80 atm, gun doesn't look as odd.

Jtrizzy

PaulLFC said:

Just had that happen while it was syncing the save...My game was crashing every 5 minutes till I disabled DX11. Still getting the stuttering though.

Top Bottom