• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

MRORANGE

dw5s7.png

will probably rage if I don't get my key by tomorrow

In the leak the gamepad was definitely the way to go. Hopefully they fixed all the issues with the mouse.
angular graphics said:
Mouse and keyboard, the UI of the PC version has been designed for those.
Game was designed for gamepad. Which is more significant if you ask me.

bigace33

Zenith said:
Oh ffs, full game leaked to the pirates already and I've got more than a week till Europe gets it.
The only pirates who are currently playing this game are console pirates.

Korigama

Very late, but...

charsace said:
I think you misunderstood my reply. Read my post that was quoted with the gif again.

Ah, I see what you meant now. Sorry about that (turns out I was looking at two separate posts from Nemesis556 as well, the first being a reply to a different poster).

Lostconfused said:
In the leak the gamepad was definitely the way to go. Hopefully they fixed all the issues with the mouse.

Game was designed for gamepad. Which is more significant if you ask me.

Most of today's FPS games are "designed for gamepad" but still most of them play better with mouse and keyboard.

In the leak there was a small sensitivity issue with the mouse but it wasn't a big deal.

Derrick01

Banned
DualShadow said:
I assume using a gamepad is the way to go?

Any opinions on this?

I assume from the leak it'll be the same controls as the console one, and people said it worked great so I'll be going with the pad.

angular graphics said:
Game with a "first person view", happy now? :p

Technically a game like Portal (random example) isn't a FPS either, but the benefits of using a mouse are there.
No not really since it still doesn't make your point true. Also fast reaction and precision aiming is as significant in Portal as it is in an FPS game. Which isn't necessarily the case for Deus Ex.

ezekial45 said:

I dont get those because I preordered with GMG right?

I lol'd at the letter. Ask to use the bathroom while they read your contract proposal and then stealing as much as you can to reverse engineer it.

Lostconfused said:
No not really since it still doesn't make your point true. Also fast reaction and precision aiming is as significant in Portal as it is in an FPS game. Which isn't necessarily the case for Deus Ex.

Let's put it this way:

There are clear disadvantages when aiming with a gamepad - but potentially in this game they aren't a big deal.
There are clear advantages when aiming with a mouse - but potentially in this game they aren't a big deal.

I'll go with the control style that gives me the potential advantages instead of the potential disadvantages ;)

--

The TF2 promo items are absolutely amazing!! :D

epmode

Oh man, do I drop my Green Man Gaming pre-order for that stuff? I know it's available from regular drops but that just sounds REALLY time-consuming.

angular graphics said:
I'll go with the control style that gives me the potential advantages instead of the potential disadvantages ;)
It really is a matter of preference. But it's not like there aren't any advantages to using a controller, or it might simply be more comfortable.

Riposte

Deus Ex is a FPS. Having a lot of non-shooting centric mechanics on top of being a FPS doesn't change which category it falls in. You only need to look at how it plays/controls and the answer is obvious. I get the feeling this has more to do with a FPS stigma than a technicality.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Swedish players might be interested to know that Spelbutiken.se is selling it for 300 SEK for the standard PC edition and 500 for the Augmented PC edition.

BannedEpisode said:
I dont get those because I preordered with GMG right?
They may give out the keys early now that there's pre-loading. That would mean we get the items. As long as Steam has a record of you owning the game before the release date, it counts.

ArjanN

Lostconfused said:

Even if it's not action heavy, just looking around feels much better with a mouse & keyboard, in any first person game I've ever played.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Zeliard said:
You can call it an FPS/RPG, but a FPS alone it certainly is not.

It is in first person and you have guns. Well, you don't have to have guns if you don't want to, but they are certainly in the game. Everything else doesn't matter.

Zeliard

Riposte said:
The FPS genre consists of all "FPS/RPG" and then some.

It's a hybrid of the two genres, not really a sub-genre of either. You can simply call Deus Ex an RPG and it would be just as correct.

Top Bottom