• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Jintor

Dani said:
He was "commissioned" to do a "study" by SE looking into the progress of the game's tech in modern society. Timely.

Oh that's definitely marketing if Square's involved. He's been around for a long time before that though.

If he had had his eye surgically replaced specifically for DX marketing though that would have been incredible

MNC

Guess what I just got in the mail

oQEZC.jpg

how do i delete game save files on pc?

it's hard to figure out which save is which since the title doesn't give any real hints. wish they let me rename it.

Ladyboy101 said:
for the trophy "Deus Ex Machina (silver) - Experience all the different endings that Deus Ex: Human Revolution has to offer."
I saved right before I made my final decision, then I loaded it over and over to get different endings. how come it is still locked?
do i have to play the game multiple times to get this trophy?

Did you do all
four
endings?

If so, yes, it worked for me.

Angst

DMPrince said:
how do i delete game save files on pc?

it's hard to figure out which save is which since the title doesn't give any real hints. wish they let me rename it.
Sort by date/time should give you a pretty good idea. Not ideal, but at least you won't delete your latest save that way. Why do you want to delete save games btw?

SlickVic

FGMPR said:
Is there anywhere that sells it DD? or is it one of those titles which is kind of in limbo in regards to acquiring it? (legally)

Also, I'm playing EYE with a friend, and I'm enjoying that. It doesn't have the details that make's exploring the game world so much fun like Deus Ex and Vampire though.

You can find used copies of NOLF on Amazon marketplace or eBay. It's really a shame there's no DD store selling it. It feels like something that would be perfect to have on a place like GOG, but I realize there's probably some odd issue or another that's prevented it from happening already.

shagg_187 said:
Yeah, when that happened, I said "Fuck this game!" but then I began to realize how manipulative it is and I fell in love with it. That battle was just Godly! You'll appreciate it more when you get through it! :D

I sense my decision is going to come back to haunt me. I just took the
boat to Singapore
so it can't be far off.

I think it's fair to say that, once the dust has settled, this will be remembered as a truly fantastic game.

Also, I own Alpha Protocol, but never got very far into it - does it get better as it goes on?

03sho

Anyone have a link to the story recap or something like that. I saw it somewhere on the net that players who have not played the first one should watc it but I can find it now.

red731 said:
No signs of my copy. I want it today...it is friday....so much free time...buuhuhuhu sad panda

I'm halfway through NWN2, I should probably be playing that instead... but I'm too sad to. I just wanna play Deus Ex :(

red731

Spirit of Jazz said:
I'm halfway through NWN2, I should probably be playing that instead... but I'm too sad to. I just wanna play Deus Ex :(

COPY ARRIVED! NOW I MUST WAIT 40 MINUTES TO GET IT AND THEN.......

omg and then...it..it will be beautiful.

Wait and you'll be saved. I am so happy right now man. So fucking happy.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
03sho said:
Anyone have a link to the story recap or something like that. I saw it somewhere on the net that players who have not played the first one should watc it but I can find it now.
Why would you need a recap to play a prequel?

red731 said:
COPY ARRIVED! NOW I MUST WAIT 40 MINUTES TO GET IT AND THEN.......

omg and then...it..it will be beautiful.

Wait and you'll be saved. I am so happy right now man. So fucking happy.

You are the scum of the earth. I'm going to go back to my corner and cry all alone.

There is a bug in the OnLive version, which prevents you from completeing the Mother Ties mission. When You meet Cassandra (Megan's Mom) in the apartment and you chose complete misson, you can pick all of the conversation options, but it won't complete and the game just locks up. I wasn't even able to get a menu to pop up. I had to kill the OnLive process on my laptop. This sucks!

03sho

Lyphen said:
Why would you need a recap to play a prequel?

Like i said in my previous post. Im not sure what kind of video it is, just that I read that people who have not played the first game should give it a watch.

red731

Spirit of Jazz said:
You are the scum of the earth. I'm going to go back to my corner and cry all alone.

You don't even know how I felt when the game was activating for people whom bought it through DD. Shit, that was so awesome, I was laughing so much.
After all that laughter I was patiently waiting for the game to arrive, but as days fly by and the experiences from people that are written here pumped my hype level all the way up.

I was refreshing one page of Czech post, track and trace of packages all day, all fuckin day and nothing have changed there. I picked up the phone and called the place were my package is now. IT WAS THERE. DAT FEELING MAN

I can't wait to play it.

I know how you feel.

How everyone of us europe peasants was feeling.

Glass Rebel said:
:O How many sidequests are there in Detroit?
I think there are
4 but I've only done 2 so far
. I'm just taking my time with everything and I've spent a lot of time exploring random parts of Detroit looking for loot and whatnot. It's weird because I'm usually not the type who takes more than an average amount of time to work through a game but there's just something about HR that makes me want to slow down and explore every inch of the world.

Dilly

Banned
Tried install from CD, PC freezed and couldn't get windows to start up again.

System recovery didn't work but now the system works again, weird. :/

The_Darkest_Red said:
I think there are
4 but I've only done 2 so far
. I'm just taking my time with everything and I've spent a lot of time exploring random parts of Detroit looking for loot and whatnot. It's weird because I'm usually not the type who takes more than an average amount of time to work through a game but there's just something about HR that makes me want to slow down and explore every inch of the world.

Haha, so am I but 10 hours is insane. It's cool you're taking your time with the game though.

Wake up, first thing I think about is Human Revolution.

To the EU players starting today... get the jumping aug fairly early as it's fun and let's you find alternate paths and stashed items and "explorer" XP points and it's just fun. I just got the lift heavy objects aug and I think that's pretty good too.

I'm wondering if the Social/speech aug was worth it because someone in the thread said you can just reload over and over till you find the right dialogue path but I'm not sure if you can do that every time. For example... Detroit mission:
I convinced Haas in the police station to let me inside by using the social aug stuff but I wonder if you could have reloaded over and over there
. Just hope I didn't blow 2 points. I've definitely used it several times already so that's good but I dunno if it was necessary or not.

Heavy said:

To the EU players starting today... get the jumping aug fairly early as it's fun and let's you find alternate paths and stashed items and "explorer" XP points and it's just fun. I just got the lift heavy objects aug and I think that's pretty good too.

I'm wondering if the Social/speech aug was worth it because someone in the thread said you can just reload over and over till you find the right dialogue path but I'm not sure if you can do that every time. For example... Detroit mission:
I convinced Haas in the police station to let me inside by using the social aug stuff but I wonder if you could have reloaded over and over there
. Just hope I didn't blow 2 points. I've definitely used it several times already so that's good but I dunno if it was necessary or not.

You don't have to use the aug on him.

first side quest:
when i'm hacking the guy's computer in his apartment, and then he comes in looking for me, is it possible to hide in the bathroom? does he go in there? he came in and shot me on my first two tries, and the third try i hid behind the bedroom door. he came in and as i tried to slip out he turned around. had to waste him. :\

i'm not going for a no-kill game anymore,
but based on what my updated objective said, it seems like it would have been better not to have killed him.

ALSO: grabbing shit in the environment and getting to hard-to-reach areas FTW. this game has made something that sounds like it's not a big deal feel extremely satisfying and rewarding.

Glass Rebel said:
Haha, so am I but 10 hours is insane. It's cool you're taking your time with the game though.
10 hours is insane, eh? :D I've got 16 hours in Detroit and have just finished the side quests and just now finished the police station mission objective but haven't explored the station yet, which I'm gonna spend an hour+ on right now. I read all the eBooks, talk to all the NPCs, explore everywhere thanks to jumping aug and move heavy objects aug, I'm taking in every nook and cranny of the game and loving every second of it.

thehillissilent said:
You don't have to use the aug on him.
Well that sucks. I hope the aug wasn't a waste then.

Heavy said:

Yeah, you can re-load from the moment before you talk to him
and keep trying until you get it right, but where's the fun in that? This game is all about exploring different paths and going with the flow (unless you have a really specific goal like going for a pacifist run or something) so I don't see anything wrong with investing in the social skill augment. I don't have it myself but I can certainly see how it would be useful, I completely failed when I was
trying to convince that guy to let me in to the morgue.

Heavy said:
10 hours is insane, eh? :D I've got 16 hours in Detroit
Thanks for making me feel better, glad I'm not the only one. :)

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
first side quest:
when i'm hacking the guy's computer in his apartment, and then he comes in looking for me, is it possible to hide in the bathroom? does he go in there? he came in and shot me on my first two tries, and the third try i hid behind the bedroom door. he came in and as i tried to slip out he turned around. had to waste him. :\
Yeah you can chill in the bathroom. Just close the door and don't make sound

The_Darkest_Red said:
Yeah, you can re-load from the moment before you talk to him
and keep trying until you get it right, but where's the fun in that? This game is all about exploring different paths and going with the flow (unless you have a really specific goal like going for a pacifist run or something) so I don't see anything wrong with investing in the social skill augment. I don't have it myself but I can certainly see how it would be useful, I completely failed when I was trying to convince that guy to let me in to the morgue.
Yeah I guess you're right. It helps keep the flow of the game smooth and immersive instead of having to reload over and over.

Quick question for those who have finished the game:

I'm a little confused about who owns the facility in Singapore that I infiltrated via boat. The map says Omega Ranch, the signs say World Health Organisation, emails suggest that the Chinese own it, the guards seem to be associated with Belltower, and one of them said "things were simpler when Darrow was in charge". I've only just encountered the first of three Sarif employees in the building, but I'm very confused.

Will it become clear once the chip recall conspiracy is revealed? One of Tong's bodyguards made the salient point that all the chips are manufactured by different companies, so for a universal malfunction to occur, something must be dodgy.

I love how interesting the world is, but this bit has got me a little confused

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
first side quest:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the guy you killed was in fact a disgruntled customer coming after the apartment owner?

marjo

I'm trying to resist upgrading my hacking too much (I'm currently at level 2) because without it, you're forcing yourself to explore more (in order to find access codes and alternate routes) and be more creative with finding 'out of the box' solutions.

Wow.
Entering your apartment in Detroit for the first time gave me chills-down-my-spine Bladerunner vibes.

Only gripe so far: not having some place to stash items. This is a fucking fantastic game.

blahblah...blah said:
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the guy you killed was in fact a disgruntled customer coming after the apartment owner?
Yeah he is. I thought that part was so cool originally because I thought it was the apartment owner and he only knew I was there because I left the door open.

Winterblink said:
Only gripe so far: not having some place to stash items. This is a fucking fantastic game.
I think you can store items anywhere in your apartment, although I don't think you can get them after leaving Detroit. I could be wrong, but if I am then I am going to lose a ton of stuff because I dumped half my inventory in there 5 game-time hours ago or so.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
blahblah...blah said:
Quick question for those who have finished the game:

I'm a little confused about who owns the facility in Singapore that I infiltrated via boat. The map says Omega Ranch, the signs say World Health Organisation, emails suggest that the Chinese own it, the guards seem to be associated with Belltower, and one of them said "things were simpler when Darrow was in charge". I've only just encountered the first of three Sarif employees in the building, but I'm very confused.

Will it become clear once the chip recall conspiracy is revealed? One of Tong's bodyguards made the salient point that all the chips are manufactured by different companies, so for a universal malfunction to occur, something must be dodgy.

I love how interesting the world is, but this bit has got me a little confused

The building belongs to the WHO, I think Omega Ranch was just the name of that particular lab facility. As for the owner, I assume it's the Illuminati. This game actually has less factions than the original haha.

Sub_Level said:
The building belongs to the WHO, I think Omega Ranch was just the name of that particular lab facility. As for the owner, I assume it's the Illuminati. This game actually has less factions than the original haha.

Thanks. I'm still a little confused by who's on what side, but I'm sure it'll become clear by the end. Appreciate it.

Ourobolus

Banned
Man, now I'm really worried about my Pacifist run. I went into the apartment complex to take out
Double-T
towards the end of the
Cloak and Dagger
quest. I had already been there just from exploring Detroit and had taken out the two guys that were already there.
Sure enough, they were still knocked out. However, after clearing the room of the other four guys in there, I come back to find that one of the previously knocked out guys had somehow gotten caught on one of the four new enemies' bodies, and had somehow died. I don't know if that counts towards my kills or not, but jesus.

Luckily I had a quick save handy, but man it's annoying not knowing if you've killed someone or not.

Top Bottom