• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Just played a couple of hours of it, friggin loving it.

One minor thing I'm not sure I'm keen on, story-wise:
the developers seemed really eager to give a wink and a nod to players of the original. Bob Page is in the first cutscene in the game, clearly up to no good, and Manderely's name is splashed all over pretty much everything hackable at the police station. I'd kinda prefer if they spent more time on an independent story, and less time trying to connect everything to the first game, but perhaps this approach will pay off when I get further in the game.

DTKT

See You Next Wednesday said:
So whatever happened to this
GnAMu.jpg

Is this still in the game or did they remove it & changed it to that bland ugly roof walls we got in Hensha?

I believe all those screenshots are faked. They look way too good.

Just picked up the augmented edition since I was getting tired of waiting for Xenoblade. I hope I like it. I love Blader Runner, Sci-Fi, RPGs and shooters but Im going in with zero expectations.

I only ever played Invisible War and thought it was awful...=/

No, that area is in the game. The big robot isn't there, though - there are smaller ones, instead.

Hengsha Docks, at the end of your second visit to Hengsha.

Also, Lol @ "Pirates sighted off coast of Tortuga" on the Picus News Ticker

Teknoman

Ferrio said:
-Dermal upgrade to run through electricity
-Jumping upgrade to jump over fence
-Uses boxes to hopscotch across electricity (someone said they did it in this thread)

lol I solved the electrical problem HL2 style
box hopscotch

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
charsace said:
You can talk him into accepting a buy out so that the girl gets to keep the aug and then he gives you the praxis.
I did that and then
killed him afterwards and took my money back.

You don't fucking play with Jensen. I also murdered
Anonymous-X
after he threatened me because I didn't let him extort me out of a grand.

Again, you do not. fuck. with. the Jensen.

cackhyena said:
Way too dumb, too. Yeah, I stand a chance against a bunch of dudes and a giant robot with that gun. Jeeeeeeeeez

I think this is from a early video they showed.
Those robots also go down with one emp grenade. I was shocked how easy it was.

Why does this game hate me so much? After downloading it three times and disabling Steam overlay I managed to get it to play fine, now every time I try to leave Detroit on the chopper I get a crash to desktop when Hengsha finishes loading. Verifying game cache started the game downloading from scratch (again), now I've deleted it (again), cleared all my blob files (again) and started the download (again).

I really hope my ISP is mirroring the download.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
JumpingTheGun said:
Just picked up the augmented edition since I was getting tired of waiting for Xenoblade. I hope I like it. I love Blader Runner, Sci-Fi, RPGs and shooters but Im going in with zero expectations.

I only ever played Invisible War and thought it was awful...=/
That's because Invisible War is fucking awful.

Zeliard

BobsRevenge said:
I did that and then
killed him afterwards and took my money back.

You don't fucking play with Jensen. I also murdered
Anonymous-X
after he threatened me because I didn't let him extort me out of a grand.

Again, you do not. fuck. with. the Jensen.

Another key to playing Hardass Jensen is to demand a reward for everything. Co-worker wants you to find out what happened to her murdered best friend? Reward please.

JumpingTheGun said:
yeah I wasnt 100% on it being a universal disappointment

There were some that liked it.. from what I recall it wasn't the worst game I ever played.. but it was a let down after the first Deus Ex, particularly the interface was very console centric (select wheel), the levels were small and closed (thanks to the xbox).. among other things..

Just managed to 90% sneak around everyone in
Lower Hengsha during the ambush
. I know I probably skipped a lot of EXP, but whatever, my Jensen is a ninja. Ghost bonus helps a lot in making sneak characters stay on par with their Rambo counterparts.

knitoe

What's everyone's favorite weapon? Mine has to be the maxed out sniper rifle. Awesome close (hipfire) or far range (scope). Kills regular guys in 1 shot and takes down bosses quickly too. Want to try the silence one, but too bad it's a pre-order limit BS.

Red Blaster said:
Was that silenced sniper rifle at
Tai Yong Medical
ever confirmed?
Roger that. I just picked it up and am in love. I'm carrying around two sniper rifles right now, but I'm going to sell the non-silenced one as soon as I can. I will say that I downloaded the Tactical Enhancement Pack (but not soon enough to get it for the first playthrough), so I can't verify that the rifle will be there if you don't have the pack at all.

FStop7

Banned
Amazon sent me a code for the Tactical Enhacement Pack DLC that was part of my pre order.

I entered the code into Steam, the code was accepted, and the pack now shows up as DLC associated to DE:HR. All good.

But where in the game do I actually acquire these weapons at? Do they become available later (I'm still very early on in Detroit) or should they just magically appear in my inventory?

And also, am I crazy for wanting to buy a separate copy of this game for my 360 because I'm enjoying it so ridiculously much?

Wallach

FStop7 said:
Amazon sent me a code for the Tactical Enhacement Pack DLC that was part of my pre order.

I entered the code into Steam, the code was accepted, and the pack now shows up as DLC associated to DE:HR. All good.

But where in the game do I actually acquire these weapons at? Do they become available later (I'm still very early on in Detroit) or should they just magically appear in my inventory?

And also, am I crazy for wanting to buy a separate copy of this game for my 360 because I'm enjoying it so ridiculously much?

If you didn't enter the code before the start of the first actual mission you won't get them. You'd have to start a new game.

I had to stop playing yesterday because I'm sorta stuck.

I'm at Montreal & have to get to summon elevator (where there will be more guards coming out of apparently) where there is a turret, two guards & a camera guarding it.

I tried sneaking from the back back & hacking the terminal there, but when you start to hack the terminal, you automatically expose yourself to their line of sight.

I tried shooting them, but they're bullet sponges & killing one guy not only took nearly 30 rounds of rifle ammo, but it usually is enough time for him to hit the alarm. Worse, is the 2 cloakers down the hall will join in the fight.

I didn't have the double takedown aug (this is the first time I seen a use for it) & the way the 2 cloaker guards are positioned in the hall before, it will be impossible to stealth takedown one without the other noticing. When one of them does notice, I can't kill him fast enough for him to shout so that the heavy LMGer in the previous room starts coming. When the heavy LMGer starts coming it's game over.

Before I cloaked, flanked the LMGer & whipped out my shotgun, 11 up close up shots with the shotgun & HE STILL DID NOT DIE!

In fact I was in cover & one of the guys with the regular rifles was walking towards me. I popped out of cover, got the first shot & after a total of 2 shotgun blasts to his face, I'm dead & he kills in a 1.5 seconds out of being in cover.
SHOTGUN = MOST USELESS WEAPON IN THE GAME.

Dying 8 times in basically one room from various trial & error (I'm playing on medium difficulty btw) is not fun.

BobsRevenge

Zeliard said:
Another key to playing Hardass Jensen is to demand a reward for everything. Co-worker wants you to find out what happened to her murdered best friend? Reward please.
As far as I'm concerned, if your Jensen takes shit, you're playing wrong.

Deadbeat

Banned

I just one shotted everyone in the head with the pistol. Any heavy guys with the heavy rifle take two shots. Had no problem in that section. Aim for the head.
jim-jam bongs said:
Silenced sniper rifles are for wimps anyway, real men use crossbows.
Good luck finding ammo for it.

n in the fight.

I didn't have the double takedown aug (this is the first time I seen a use for it) & the way the 2 cloaker guards are positioned in the hall before, it will be impossible to stealth takedown one without the other noticing.

Tbh I saw multiple uses for that in the second hub. You simply have to be quick when you enter a new area, guards are very often standing together and talking. After a while they will split and follow their own patrol routes.

JumpingTheGun said:
yeah I wasnt 100% on it being a universal disappointment

Not this shit again. IW was Deus Ex 1 with a different interface/HUD & ammo management system. I played exactly like Deus EX just shorter.

This game on the other hand plays a like a Metal Gear clone mixed with Quantum of Solace.

Deadbeat

Banned
ctrayne said:
Re: Silenced Sniper Rifle
He has the DLC installed. Thats the problem. We dont know for sure.

If someone has the strategy guide, how about they crack it open and go see if it even exists.

BobsRevenge

jim-jam bongs said:
Anyone with a gun that big and loud is clearly overcompensating.
Real men don't let their small penis get in the way of fucking shit up on a biblical level.

Do cracked walls become visible the moment you purchase augmentation enabling you to smash through them? Can someone tell me one in
Hengsha
. I would like to check it out.

BobsRevenge

Castor Krieg said:
Do cracked walls become visible the moment you purchase augmentation enabling you to smash through them? Can someone tell me one in
Hengsha
. I would like to check it out.
There are tons in the sewers there, and you get crazy loot from it. I got a praxis kit and everything, so by now it has more than paid for itself.

Plus it is satisfying. And yes, the punchable walls do glow gold as interactive objects. The cracks were probably there before, but they'd be hard to notice without all the glowing.

Wallach said:
Man I love the revolver noise/feedback. I sometimes just quick save and blow someone way to hear it. I haven't found anyone worthy of killing with it yet though.
Do you get the revolver in Detroit? I had found some ammo for it but sold it cause no revolver. Also, can you put a silencer on it? ^_^;

BobsRevenge said:
There are tons in the sewers there, and you get crazy loot from it. I got a praxis kit and everything, so by now it has more than paid for itself.

Plus it is satisfying. And yes, the punchable walls to glow gold as interactive objects.
Sigh.. Icarus Landing was gonna be my next aug but now I'm thinking getting the break walls.

Echoplx

Put some points into battery upgrades only to release they don't all refill by themselves :/

Such a stupid design choice (imo)

So whatever happened to this
GnAMu.jpg

Is this still in the game or did they remove it & changed it to that bland ugly roof walls we got in Hensha?
Yeah... Play the game before you start making posts like these.

It's in the game and didn't remove it for bland ugly roof walls we got in Hensha.

Wallach

Heavy said:
Do you get the revolver in Detroit? I had found some ammo for it but sold it cause no revolver. Also, can you put a silencer on it? ^_^;

I got the revolver from the first mission. It can't be silenced, and in fact I think you can really only make it louder with explosive rounds.

Top Bottom