• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Almighty

Talking about the Silenced Sniper Rifle I found one
in Detroit in that level 5 locked storage area by the basketball court.

I have the DLC though so are people without it finding something different there?

The_Squirrel_Menace said:
Okay without spoiling much (don't get my game till early next week) how big is the "open world" compared to the original deus ex?

I've only been in the first hub but it's huge. I don't know if you played Alpha Protocol but the mission areas are comparably sized.

Grisby

moop2000 said:
After the argument with Sarif, I so wanted to knock his chess board of the desk. Total fail game, total fail.

I was kinda pissed when I did a breakdancing jig on his desk and nothing moved.

Ferrio

Banned
moop2000 said:
After the argument with Sarif, I so wanted to knock his chess board of the desk. Total fail game, total fail.

Man I hate Sarif so much, his personality is like that of a car salesman. Though, he does have a kickass arm.

pahamrick

Almighty said:
Talking about the Silenced Sniper Rifle I found one
in Detroit in that level 5 locked storage area by the basketball court.

I have the DLC though so are people without it finding something different there?

Yep, I can't remember exactly what I found but it definitely wasn't a silenced sniper in that storage area for me.

wow i guess the consensus is to get it. i'll wait for the deal of the day for this one.

as for new vegas, i enjoyed fallout 3 so much, new vegas was a no brainer since it's so cheap now. though is it worth to wait for the bundled with all the dlc's? are the dlc's worth it?

O.DOGG

shintoki said:
A bit on the final stage, nothing too spoilery, but just incase

It has to be the single greatest test for the pacifist run. You get moments where there are 20 people on a bridge, surrounded by exploding barrels, and with a hackable turret. On your knees asking for buttermilk!

Trust me, I felt like breaking out the heavy rifle and letting these motherfuckers have it after trying and failing for the nth time to slalom stealthily between them.

macfoshizzle said:
wow i guess the consensus is to get it. i'll wait for the deal of the day for this one.

as for new vegas, i enjoyed fallout 3 so much, new vegas was a no brainer since it's so cheap now. though is it worth to wait for the bundled with all the dlc's? are the dlc's worth it?

Wrong thread? But to answer your question, the New Vegas DLCs will change your life and make you question everything you believe about the world.

ctrayne

pahamrick said:
Yep, I can't remember exactly what I found but it definitely wasn't a silenced sniper in that storage area for me.
Wait wait wait. The silenced sniper rifle was only there for me
on the return to Detroit during the riots.
It was not there before. Important detail. :)

alphaNoid

Banned
macfoshizzle said:

Amazon has this on sale today for $34.99.. GET and do not wait.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Can people post their loading time decreases post-patch when disabling v-sync?

Better yet, can you post what your loading time is with v-sync off as opposed to v-sync on, and what kind of hard drive/system you have?

Thanks

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
macfoshizzle said:
DX? i just checked earlier and it's still $60.

link please
PC Download. Since the game is Steamworks, there is really no difference unless you like owning a drink coaster.

But judging by you saying 60$. You want it on consoles.

JohngPR

Does anyone see a huge difference in quality between SSAO High and SSAO Normal?

I get an increase of 5fps when I set it to normal and was wondering if it made a dramatic impact on the quality of the visuals or not.

masterkajo

I just beat the first real mission and got access to "the outside" of Sarif building and my good is that huge. LOVE it!

But my framerate which was about 40-60 just dropped to 25-40. Is that normal. What would you guys suggest to do? Is there a why to bring it up to a constant 60? (My rig is not the best and since I am new I don't know but perhaps someone knows some good and easy settings)

i5 2500k
HD 5770 (latest catalyst 11.8)
4GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64

With everything at max (1920x1080) I get this huge framerate drop once outside. But even putting all settings on "Low" only gives me 40-50 frames.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The_Squirrel_Menace said:
Okay without spoiling much (don't get my game till early next week) how big is the "open world" compared to the original deus ex?
The world is quite large. It's very dense and full of places to explore. What's most impressive is that some missions, which take place in large structures, are contained within the same map as the main hub so you never even see a loading screen between hub and mission. Even when you do, the maps are VERY large.

This was one of the largest issues with Invisible War, if you ask me. Sure, the simplification was a serious problem but the game could still have been solid if the level design was there. Unfortunately, the maps were incredibly tiny and loading screens awaited you around every corner. That problem has been resolved completely and then some. Most maps here are larger than anything in Deus Ex, though DX still has some pretty massive (if empty) areas.

ctrayne

Revolutionary said:
What's the deal with the "Be Ready / 2200 GMT 29 Aug" message in the main menu?
I don't know, and that makes me tingly inside, but I feel silly for just now noticing:
Aug = Augmented = August
Sure it wasn't on purpose, though.

knitoe

masterkajo said:
I just beat the first real mission and got access to "the outside" of Sarif building and my good is that huge. LOVE it!

But my framerate which was about 40-60 just dropped to 25-40. Is that normal. What would you guys suggest to do? Is there a why to bring it up to a constant 60? (My rig is not the best and since I am new I don't know but perhaps someone knows some good and easy settings)

i5 2500k
HD 5770 (latest catalyst 11.8)
4GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64

With everything at max (1920x1080) I get this huge framerate drop once outside. But even putting all settings on "Low" only gives me 40-50 frames.
Overclock the CPU to 4.4-4.5GHz and see if it improves your fps. If not, you are graphic card limited. In that case, you have to lower the games resolution.

JohngPR

Heavy said:
Yeah you can chill in the bathroom. Just close the door and don't make sound

Yeah I guess you're right. It helps keep the flow of the game smooth and immersive instead of having to reload over and over.

I just took cover next to the door frame of the bedroom and kept tapping the takedown button until he was close enough for it to initiate.

;)

I agree, I made a promise to myself not to go back and do over any conversations.

Even if I chose right the second time, I'd feel like I cheated to get there and I'd have that stuck in the back of my mind as I went on.

JohngPR

knitoe said:
Overclock the CPU to 4.4-4.5GHz and see if it improves your fps. If not, you are graphic card limited. In that case, you have to lower the games resolution.

Sounds stupid, but did you close your browser down before you play the game?

I have the same card and I lose like 15-20fps if I play the game with my browser open with multiple tabs.

Vlodril

Hey is there a way to destroy the big wooden boxes?

i am doing the omaley mission and trying to get into the gang territory but i don't have the strenght implant yet(most of mine i put in hacking).

ctrayne

Vlodril said:
Hey is there a way to destroy the big wooden boxes?

i am doing the omaley mission and trying to get into the gang territory but i don't have the strenght implant yet(most of mine i put in hacking).
Guns work. Or find another way in.

JumpingTheGun said:
announcement for DLC perhaps..i read it as august 29 at 2200 hours.
Well yeah, but I was wondering if there's anything special happening on that date that we know of? I suppose DLC announcement could be it, though. Hype!!

Salsa

knitoe said:
Overclock the CPU to 4.4-4.5GHz and see if it improves your fps.

shouldnt really be a need for that. The game just stutters randomly to some users and framerate can drop, its everywhere in the steam forums. Needs a new patch.

Not gamebreaking at all though

LordK

Alright, just beat it and had a couple questions:

1. If you don't save Malik, what happens when the scientists escape?

2. I looked at all 4 endings but skipped the credits. Does anything happen after the credits?

Echoplx

Wonder how they will handle DLC, if it's just more side quests added to the hubs I will be annoyed, you'd have to replay the game every time a new DLC came out

Tacitus_

LordK said:

2. I looked at all 4 endings but skipped the credits. Does anything happen after the credits?

They fly themselves out, with a VTOL plane that the same markings as Maliks. Also, finding Maliks body in an operating bed, getting her augs ripped out almost made me break my pacifist run
Meg joins Page for the 'Denton Project'

JambiBum

LordK said:

a different plane rescues them

yes there is. There is an achievement too.

ctrayne

Vlodril said:
Tried shooting at them with the machine gun but nothing happens.
Maybe try a bigger gun? Not sure. I have been able to take down doors with the revolver and the shotgun. Does the box's "lifebar" go down when you shoot them? Might take a few rounds.

knitoe

SalsaShark said:
shouldnt really be a need for that. The game just stutters randomly to some users and framerate can drop, its everywhere in the steam forums. Needs a new patch.

Not gamebreaking at all though
The person I am responding too went from indoor to outdoor and got the huge framerate drop. Outdoor is much more graphic intensive so drop should be expected if yoo don't have highend computer.

Anyway, I don't have any framerate or stutter problem from start to finish. Probably, because I am running 2600K@4.5GHz, CF6970, max settings, locked 60fps and 1080p. And, that's even with Handbrake encoding videos sometime during my playthrough.

LordK said:

In regards to #2
and if you don't want to sit through the 10 minutes of credits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf21Dl1vNvg

Tacitus_ said:
They fly themselves out, with a VTOL plane that the same markings as Maliks. Also, finding Maliks body in an operating bed, getting her augs ripped out almost made me break my pacifist run
Wait, what? I saved Malik so I didn't get to see that, but where does that happen? Who is doing it to her? :(
-starts mass murderer Jensen run

ctrayne

graywolf323 said:
quick question, can enemies realize they are being targeted if your sniper rifle has the laser targeting system?
Enemies don't notice the laser on the pistol and revolver, so not likely.

Top Bottom