• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

pilonv1

The Broken Ska Record said:
If you use 20SUM-MERSA-VINGS you get 20% off. AND if you get a referral link, you get $5 credit, too.

If someone wants to PM me a referral link now I'll buy it.

link received, no more PMs please :)

angular graphics said:
I never said otherwise either, obviously you'll be able to finish the game. Still, all the advantages of the mouse are there, just like all the disadvantages of the gamepad are. They do not magically go away because a game is single player.
Again the reverse is true as well. The disadvantages of the keyboard are there as well as the advantages of the gamepad.

abunai said:
amazon uk are selling the augmented (PC) edition for £25, although it's not always available. Keep refreshing and you'll find it eventually or use something like azproductsnatcher.

i managed to get it in my cart but they do not allow shipping to the US.

I hope (but doubt) that the GMG keys will get us the TF2 bonuses. Although at this point I wish we would just get the keys ASAP. I know GMG is in the UK so hopefully I will wake up tomorrow with a key in my inbox.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
cackhyena said:
There was nothing in Detroit that stood out as exceptional. Not in that area. This comes as no surprise.

There is a difference between not exceptional and some of the most awkward in years.

Riposte said:
You will find similarities by looking at how the player inhabits the game and the main ways he interacts with it.

The viewpoint doesn't define the genre, dude....

I'm wondering if it'd be a good idea to cancel my GMG preorder and buy it from Steam so I can pawn off the hats.

That's a good idea right?

Where are my gah dam keys GMG? I want to experience the awesomeness of encrypted bits in my hard-drive right now!

I never asked for this...

pilonv1

darkressurection said:
Yeah, TF2 stuff is great but a new game for $30 is hard to pass up.

Someone on the GMG forums said they got hats with their Red Orchestra 2 order so who knows. Only time will tell sadly.

wilflare

pilonv1 said:
If someone wants to PM me a referral link now I'll buy it.

link received, no more PMs please :)

darn! haha guess everyone's armed with their GMG referral links :D
would anyone like to use mine? ^^ -shame-

Lostconfused said:
Again the reverse is true as well. The disadvantages of the keyboard are there as well as the advantages of the gamepad.

None that benefit the genre/this game. The keyboard with its countless, configurable, keys compliments the advantages of the mouse very nicely. It's an unbeatable combo, again, for this game.

angular graphics said:
None that benefit the genre/this game. The keyboard with its countless, configurable, keys compliments the advantages of the mouse very nicely. It's an unbeatable combo, again, for this game.
Then you haven't played this game with a gamepad. And we are assuming here that they get the mouse controls right. Which isn't a guarantee when even developers like People Can Fly manage to screw it up.

If anyone is still interested in picking the game at GreenManGaming, sent me a pm so I can send you a referral link for extra $5 in credit.

Note: Don't create an account until you receive the referral link.

Lostconfused said:
Then you haven't played this game with a gamepad. And we are assuming here that they get the mouse controls right. Which isn't a guarantee when even developers like People Can Fly manage to screw it up.

I figure there is no point in arguing but it's absolutely baffling to me that anyone would ever prefer a gamepad to mouse and keyboard in first person perspective games on the PC. why subject yourself to imprecise controls? Maybe people who prefer dual analog sticks feel that way because they were raised on games like Halo on xbox rather than doom, quake, half life,thief like me and I'm sure a lot of the other pc classic mouse/kb proponents in this thread.

Situations where I would use a gamepad are few and far between. Battlefield 2 vehicles were the rare exception where I would pick up a controller, yet put it down for m/kb when I was back on foot.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Calavera520 said:
I figure there is no point in arguing but it's absolutely baffling to me that anyone would ever prefer a gamepad to mouse and keyboard in first person perspective games on the PC.

People, like me, who play their PC games on a big TV with whopping 5.1 systems while sitting on their couch.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Preload complete, holla.

Do we know if this will be unlocked at midnight? Or is that only Valve's stuff? I forget.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
GuiltybyAssociation said:
Preload complete, holla.

Do we know if this will be unlocked at midnight? Or is that only Valve's stuff? I forget.

From the countdown, it looks like it unlocks at 9pm PST on Monday night.

Kyon

Banned
i hate all of you, i only had $100 in my account and now i pre ordered on the gamestop website for store pick up lol wallet am cry....... so how and when do i get my pre order bonus?

Blizzard

Banned
FlyinJ said:
From the countdown, it looks like it unlocks at 9pm PST on Monday night.
As I have learned from my extensive Steam experience, this translates to "decrypting finishes somewhere around 12:45 a.m., and after the Steam servers are too busy to launch, you get into the game about 1:30 EST." I think I'd better wait until Tuesday night, darn time zones.

FlyinJ said:
People, like me, who play their PC games on a big TV with whopping 5.1 systems while sitting on their couch.

P1020288.JPG

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blizzard said:
As I have learned from my extensive Steam experience, this translates to "decrypting finishes somewhere around 12:45 a.m., and after the Steam servers are too busy to launch, you get into the game about 1:30 EST." I think I'd better wait until Tuesday night, darn time zones.
So true :( :(

Okay... I was SO hyped about this game... SO DAMN HYPED! LIKE MEGA HYPED.... ULTRA MEGA MEGA HYPED.

I'm even buying the Augmented Edition, and even if I hardly even play the game, I want all that kit so I'm going to get it anyway, especially for that super mega mega awesome mega artbook of awesomesauce... BUT.

Someone, please convince me, why I'm not going to get bored with this.

The world is full of things, rubbish everywhere, things that make the world look really gritty and cool... but you can't touch most of it. Except the things that highlight orange. That frustrates me, it gives the world a feel of 'fake' immersion. Like, I don't know how to explain it, it could just be box corridors and it would be the same thing, I know that's very similar to Deus Ex, but even still.

Also, I've played SO MANY RPG's in which conversation boils down to going up to talk to someone, and a conversation box comes up, and you basically pick all of the conversation options until you pick the correct path through the conversation to continue while the character stands their flapping their jaw........ This game seems to be especially bad like this. I know there is not really any other way to do it, but C'MON, games need to get past this. The first game that really uses voice and you can talk to characters properly with your own questions and investigate in your own way.... well that will be TRULY revolutionary.

I dunno... I'm just so bummed about having to walk around and talk to people like this. This is surely going to bore the shiet out of me.

I suppose I could play it a different way and just kill everyone.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So...why are you excited about this game again?

iavi

ColonialRaptor said:
Okay... I was SO hyped about this game... SO DAMN HYPED! LIKE MEGA HYPED.... ULTRA MEGA MEGA HYPED.

I'm even buying the Augmented Edition, and even if I hardly even play the game, I want all that kit so I'm going to get it anyway, especially for that super mega mega awesome mega artbook of awesomesauce... BUT.

This is surely going to bore the shiet out of me.

This is basically what you're post boils down to. Buying for plastic, really? I'd tell you to take your money and get a game that you'll actually enjoy, but this game needs all the sales it can get, so sure.

Okay, that TF2 item package put me over the edge for the Steam version.

I went from canceling my order from Game.co.uk because of the goddamn region protection, and canceling my order from GameStop because of the TF2 pack.

thetrin said:
So...why are you excited about this game again?

Was.

I love the franchise. Love the atmosphere, love the genre, love everything about it, but I don't know what it is, as we've gotten closer to launch my hyper has just died, I can't explain why it's just those couple of things above.

I don't know what killed my hype... I just don't know what it is that killed it?

I tried out the preview version that was on the net, I didn't think it was wrong considering I had already fully paid for my Augmented Edition which in Australia is $150, so I've already paid for it and I considered it like a demo.

It was pretty buggy and I got horrible tearing. Didn't get far into the game, so I didn't really give it much of a chance at all, so I can't judge it just yet, but maybe it was my impression of the preview that did it... I didn't really enjoy it at all, maybe it was the poor graphics or... really I don't know.

I normally would really like this game, it was my most wanted game ALL YEAR until I played the BF3 Alpha which has consumed basically all of my thoughts since.

Witcher 2 was the previous game that I enjoyed the most this year and I love pretty much all RPG's and loved the first Deus Ex, hated the second.

I just can't figure out why it is that I'm not hyped any more...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I think you're analyzing this a little too much. Relax. Go do something else. Play the game on Tuesday. You might just enjoy it.

Either that or go spend your money on a game you'll actually enjoy. You think talking to NPCs is boring. You will probably hate this game.

Top Bottom