• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Vaporak

3chopl0x said:
There's two, one on the bottom floor of the hotel and another down some road in an open storage garage thing.

Can you be a bit more specific? I assume
the bottom floor of the hotel is the one in the capsule hotel I found that you can't access after a while, but where's this garage one? I've ran around Hensha and never ran into it.

Echoplx

Vaporak said:
Can you be a bit more specific? I assume
the bottom floor of the hotel is the one in the capsule hotel I found that you can't access after a while, but where's this garage one? I've ran around Hensha and never ran into it.

No the bottom floor of the Hung Hua hotel

And I think the one in the storage garage is around the corner from the LIMB clinic.

Salsa

shagg_187 said:
Maybe your card doesn't support latest shader model or some gig like that. I had similar problem with an old Geforce card where things used to be "foggy".

Edit; fuck iphone's autocorrect!

its a gtx560 ti :/

Grayman said:
are you running any custom aa/af/texture/lod settings in a control panel?

no sir

tiff

Banned
Wallach said:
I feel like once you get lift/move heavy objects aug, weapons are kind of secondary as it is, unless you really need ranged stealth takedown for some reason. I would just as soon throw a vending machine at someone's head, though I haven't found explosive rounds for the revolver yet and those sound pretty awesome with some cat guard-herding finesse.
I got that aug just before I quit playing for the day. I thought it was just for moving heavy objects around, I didn't realize you could actually chuck that shit at people.

God I love this game.

My card is a 6850, same shadow problem here. Fairly recent reformat, so I'm not sure the issue lies with drivers. I'll give it a shot, though, I guess?

Vaporak

3chopl0x said:
No the bottom floor of the Hung Hua hotel

And I think the one in the storage garage is around the corner from the LIMB clinic.

...umm, I don't know what to tell you but there's no merchant in the Hung Hua hotel in my game. Nor have I ever seen one around the limb clinic.

edit: oh nevermind, hidden doorway. Still don't know what you're talking about concerning the limb clinic.

tiff

Banned
Vaporak said:
...umm, I don't know what to tell you but there's no merchant in the Hung Hua hotel in my game. Nor have I ever seen one around the limb clinic.
Nah, there is. Double check your map. His door kinda comes off as a wall decoration at first.

edit: beaten :p

Salsa

stallion can you give me a link a proper driver sweeper? dont know what the hell to download

i also reformatted recently and installed windows from scratch, so i really doubt that's the issue here but oh well

Echoplx

Vaporak said:

edit: oh nevermind, hidden doorway. Still don't know what you're talking about concerning the limb clinic.

I said I think it's there, I know there is a second merchant in a storage garage for certain though, just not sure where.

zlatko

Banned
Rented the game earlier tonight for my PS3 now that my video store has it.

I wrapped up the first level area once you are augmented. Super impressed by the game in every way possible.

My one issue is a weird one, but maybe one that the PC version could remedy. I was getting a headache while playing it, and the only times this seems to be the case is when games use weird FOV's that aren't 90. Is this game using 75 at default, or is it something else?

I'll try playing again tomorrow and see how I fare, but if I feel sick I again, I may just have to wait for a PC sale and pick it up cheap, so I can possibly mod up w/e it is that's make my head feel shitty. Hopefully it was just a random headache for w/e reason.

tiff

Banned
zlatko said:
Rented the game earlier tonight for my PS3 now that my video store has it.

I wrapped up the first level area once you are augmented. Super impressed by the game in every way possible.

My one issue is a weird one, but maybe one that the PC version could remedy. I was getting a headache while playing it, and the only times this seems to be the case is when games use weird FOV's that aren't 90. Is this game using 75 at default, or is it something else?

I'll try playing again tomorrow and see how I fare, but if I feel sick I again, I may just have to wait for a PC sale and pick it up cheap, so I can possibly mod up w/e it is that's make my head feel shitty. Hopefully it was just a random headache for w/e reason.
Yeah, default's 75, I believe. You can change it in the PC version.

Salsa

Stallion Free said:

1b996cd42e6efd394aec138a5cf85fde632db2bf.PNG

:(

Wallach

tiff said:
I got that aug just before I quit playing for the day. I thought it was just for moving heavy objects around, I didn't realize you could actually chuck that shit at people.

God I love this game.

It's pretty fun but kind of an energy hog to actually haul off and throw a real big object like a sentry. Not always lethal either, though it'll certainly put someone on the ground at the very least.

Danne-Danger said:
4 enemies, 3 of them clustered

Fire a tranq at the isolated guy

Do a *Icarus drop

Do a double takedown

~The tranq takes effect

Stun gun the last enemy as he's getting up after the drop

Best feeling ever.
I just did this. Some Batman shit right here.

MechaX

The third boss fight was... strange.

I took the new LIMB Biochip so I was pretty screwed for this fight. And it didn't help that the guy flipped around and cloaked just like the last boss. But for some reason, he was content on trying to fire at Jensen who was behind cover clear across the room. And he did not stop firing or even attempt to move from his corner. So basically it was a pretty awkward battle of Jensen using blindfire with random weapons against this guy firing back at Jensen behind a pillar with his pew pew gun. Three minutes of this exchange later, the boss dies.

... Yeah, if there is anything I can fault this game for, it's definitely the boss battles.

Wanace

I think I encountered a bug on the side mission "Cloak and Dagger".

One of the mission requirements is to neutralize all the MCB members. Unfortunately I go to the MCB room in the apartment and knock everyone out, but then there is supposedly one more guy I guess, who is either invisible or in a room above the MCB hideout room, because the quest arrow is pointing 10 meters directly above that room.

I have absolutely no idea how to get up there. And one time I was in the room and he was supposedly "alerted" by my presence.

Is this a bug or is there actually a way to get up onto the 5th floor or whatever?

Cryptozoologist said:
I think I encountered a bug on the side mission "Cloak and Dagger".

One of the mission requirements is to neutralize all the MCB members. Unfortunately I go to the MCB room in the apartment and knock everyone out, but then there is supposedly one more guy I guess, who is either invisible or in a room above the MCB hideout room, because the quest arrow is pointing 10 meters directly above that room.

I have absolutely no idea how to get up there. And one time I was in the room and he was supposedly "alerted" by my presence.

Is this a bug or is there actually a way to get up onto the 5th floor or whatever?
Defintely a bug. Restart.

Grayman

This game reminded me of something great about Batman, the bad guys actually react to their friends disappearing. I never again want to play a game where 3 guys in a room turns into 2 without query.

pakkit

Banned
Cryptozoologist said:
I had the same bug, but after loading a different area and returning (Police Department or LIMB, for example) he showed up.

Salsa

alright BigJiantRobut are trying to work this out but no luck

if anyone has a save on that area or something id REALLY appreciate if you can take a screenshot to show that the issue isnt there on your game.

One of the best thing about this game that has never been spoken of is the A.I. Patrol, their routes and how they walk. Their walking style is so natural i.e. Going straight, turning while walking to peak a little behind them and continue walking. A lot of stealth games have A.I. walking a linear path and never turning around for a second to see if someone is following them or if they overlooked a corner.

So good! It really changes the waiting game in stealth games and you can no longer peak out after 5 seconds of patrol.

NBtoaster

The English Conquistador said:
The P.E.P gun is great, probably my favourite so far. Shame there's barely any ammo for it.

On another note, has anyone got SGSSAA, or forced MSAA working yet?

For forced AA (only tried SGSSAA):
In nvidia inpsector:
For antialiasing compatability use 0x004000C1
And change antialiasing behaviour flag to "none"
Then do what AA settings you want, "overiding" the game settings.
And make sure DX11 is off. You can combine it with the in-game AA if you want, but it won't look too hot.

0c65fcb2fa6ac7081425bd52ac24b8118988a0bd.jpg

Could anyone else running the game on full settings go to this location and take a screenshot? This only seems to happen with a few very specific dynamic shadows but it's driving me up the wall

NBtoaster said:
For forced AA (only tried SGSSAA):
In nvidia inpsector:
For antialiasing compatability use 0x004000C1
And change antialiasing behaviour flag to "none"
Then do what AA settings you want, "overiding" the game settings.
And make sure DX11 is off. You can combine it with the in-game AA if you want, but it won't look too hot.

You're a diamond, thanks buddy.

Btw, turning off DX11 will remove Tessellation and such as well right? :(

Edit: Ah I just checked, DOF goes to normal instead of high, tessellation is off, and shadows are normal too. Not a big deal I guess, just trying to figure out whether it's worth the change. :/

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Initial impressions
-all the lead characters are pretty douchey so far
-the character designs are good and bad, PMC / police gear look cool, but the "hip clothing" is laaaaaame.
+the environment design is beautiful, packed with detail
+writing is pretty good
- way too many non-playable segments in first hour + on rails segment wtf.
+love non lethal option / general variety of options
+very solid controls and combat
-wtf lowered AA setting to increase frame rate and game has crashed, can't get it running again yet

madmackem

Just finished the first mission, i started will all intensions of stealthing the shit out of it but ended up shooting my way out. Is this going to be what most end up like, im never good at stealth games can i play this like a bad ass and still get through it.

So I was about to leave Detroit, but I thought to myself - man, there has to be more side missions here - so I walk around town, talk to some random prostitute and bam - engage in another 2 or so hours of side quest.

So good, so random.

Gets me concerned though that I might be missing something before I leave Detroit.

I've done:

Megan's mom side quest
under cover cop prostitute quest
stolen drugs from sarif lab quest
meet with the hostages husband side quest
met up with Zeke after I let him go...

any other ones in detroit?

Also, can I finally kill Zeke Sanders now, fucker is annoying. Like, there is no more use for him in the rest of the game right?

SalsaShark said:
dude i just got this thing! and the issue is really annoying. Present in every game.
Hmm... Maybe your card isn't "used" to it...

This might sound like crazy talk but when I got my card, I started playing BF:BC2, everything was bloomy and God rays were pissing me off.

A week or so later, it disappeared (or I stopped noticing).

Conspiracy!!

Ken

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Also, can I finally kill Zeke Sanders now, fucker is annoying. Like, there is no more use for him in the rest of the game right?

In my first play through
I ran into him into twice after letting him go, although the second time was after leaving Detroit for the first time and later in the game. The second time gets you a PRAXIS kit so I'm not sure if killing him will prevent you from getting it or if the game replaces him with a random character.

Can someone explain the thread title to me? I get the "I never asked for this" part, but not the lemon-lime part. Thanks. It's been bothering me for a few days now, I need to know.

kitch9

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
it was the prologue they give you a gun, the game autosaved me halfway down the stairs in the gas canister room (right before the end) so when I died i respawned into "HES OVER THERE GIT EM!" x10000, not much choice.

its like if mario quick saved you 2 steps from a jump of death.

id honestly love to never fire a gun but it seems from what the boss fights sound like that it suffers from the same issue vampire bloodlines had if you go all pacifist.

...... Or you are shit.

Kodiak said:
-wtf lowered AA setting to increase frame rate and game has crashed, can't get it running again yet

I had the same problem. Run the setup utility and reset everything to default settings. The game should run now and you basically have to change the settings back one at a time until you figure out which change is crashing it. Probably AA.

Top Bottom