• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

kitch9

Banned
Calavera520 said:
P1020288.JPG

Have you ever sat for more than 20 minutes on a couch like that?

Gamepad, 1080p, Max detail, 50" TV and Onkyo amp for me too I'm afraid.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
cackhyena said:
Somebody better fucking answer me.
YES. IT'S UP FOR PRELOADING.

What did you think? Everyone was pretending they were preloading the game just to tease you?

Wallach

Look at that TF2 sniper rifle, god damn I'd use that shit even if it shot dry dog turds that did 5 damage per headshot. Holy fuck I want that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wallach said:
Look at that TF2 sniper rifle, god damn I'd use that shit even if it shot dry dog turds that did 5 damage per headshot. Holy fuck I want that.
I kinda wish Steamworks retail discs got access to the TF2 items. It makes me sad :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
kitch9 said:
Have you ever sat for more than 20 minutes on a couch like that?
I've played couple hour sessions of COD/BF with a similar set up on my lap. It's not pad. No it's not as comfy as a pad. And this is a singleplayer game so no one really gives a shit if you use a pad either.

cackhyena

thetrin said:
YES. IT'S UP FOR PRELOADING.

What did you think? Everyone was pretending they were preloading the game just to tease you?
. I only saw one guy say that. I didn't know if he was kidding or not.

Clevinger

thetrin said:
I think you're analyzing this a little too much. Relax. Go do something else. Play the game on Tuesday. You might just enjoy it.

Either that or go spend your money on a game you'll actually enjoy. You think talking to NPCs is boring. You will probably hate this game.

Yeah, but he said:

I love pretty much all RPG's and loved the first Deus Ex

Doesn't make sense.

woober

Deciding between getting Deus Ex for cheap from greenmangaming and getting the boxed version of the Augmented Edition from Amazon is tough. I'm such a sucker for art books and game boxes. : (

ctrayne

Buying a retail copy here in the US, but I caved and got the Steam download too so I could pre-load. :) Will give my extra key to a good friend of mine.

Clevinger said:
Yeah, but he said:

Doesn't make sense.

Sounds like he let a several months old PC version hurt his excitement for the game.

That's one argument against playing things before they are finished.

There were a number of problems with that build that won't be present in the final version.

As for me, it could have looked like the original deus ex and I'd still want to play it. less than state of the art graphics are not going to keep me from playing a game that reminds me so much of the original, but it sounds like the PC version will be the best one now that nixxes is done with it.. DX 11, SSAO, 3D support, Eyefinity support, adjustable FOV.. most designed-for-PC games don't have all of these features..

Playing through on the hardest difficulty right now. Only played a tiny bit of the original Deus Ex.

OT should be renamed to Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| There's a vent for that.

I kid, I kid. But if I had artistic talent I'd make a webcomic about narrowly avoiding dozens of guards with ninja flips from cover to cover, barely avoiding detection through a tricky section of warehouse, then coming across a vent and, upon exploring it, finding out I could have saved half an hour, because it totally bypasses that tricky section.

Will probably play it again on a lower difficulty, the game is pretty evil (in a good way) in the fact that it really makes you think about the upgrades you take; you always have to sacrifice something. For instance, I upgraded some of my hacking skills but then found myself wishing I had taken extra strength as I would come across hidden shortcuts blocked by objects I couldn't lift. I NEVER ASKED FOR THAT.

Interficium said:
Will probably play it again on a lower difficulty, the game is pretty evil (in a good way) in the fact that it really makes you think about the upgrades you take; you always have to sacrifice something. For instance, I upgraded some of my hacking skills but then found myself wishing I had taken extra strength as I would come across hidden shortcuts blocked by objects I couldn't lift. I NEVER ASKED FOR THAT.

What a shame.

Thinking of switching my Amazon shipping location to TN where I currently am. Going back home to Vegas on the 24th but I want to play this sucker ASAP. What are the odds of my release date delivery getting fucked up?

Salsa

Interficium said:
Playing through on the hardest difficulty right now. Only played a tiny bit of the original Deus Ex.

OT should be renamed to Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| There's a vent for that.

I kid, I kid. But if I had artistic talent I'd make a webcomic about narrowly avoiding dozens of guards with ninja flips from cover to cover, barely avoiding detection through a tricky section of warehouse, then coming across a vent and, upon exploring it, finding out I could have saved half an hour, because it totally bypasses that tricky section.

this just sounds like the most beautiful music to me

I tried the beta using both m/k and pad (projector + couch).

Never thought I'd say this but I greatly prefered the pad - yes you retard your aiming, but analogue body movement is realy nice in a sneaking game like this, just feels better. Also rumble!

My militant PC master race teenage self just screamed though time.

abunai

fushi said:
Is this confirmed for all of EU? Sucks if true.

Yeah, check first post in the thread. 26th for all of Europe. :(

masterkajo said:
I have a boxed copy arriving next week and wanted to know (since I have never bought a steam game retail) if the game will simply install in the steam directory (basically like a preload) and then download some missing files for it to work or if I have to input the CD key and then download the whole game to be playable in steam?

The installer on the DVD will ask for the cd-key, and it'll just install to steam, like a pre-load. Then it'll activate and decrypt the files and you can play.

masterkajo

I have a boxed copy arriving next week and wanted to know (since I have never bought a steam game retail) if the game will simply install in the steam directory (basically like a preload) and then download some missing files for it to work or if I have to input the CD key and then download the whole game to be playable in steam?

So basically: is there a difference in downloading the game from steam or installing it from the DVD?

MRORANGE

masterkajo said:

steam can do both - it installs through the dvd or steam can download it, your choice. Your DVD will be faster in installing.

NBtoaster

masterkajo said:

You put the key in, it will install from disc into the steam folder and then download whatever extras it needs (patches etc).

^he said it better, didn't know you had a choice.

Top Bottom