• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Tacitus_

masterkajo said:
Ah ok thanks! So basically the DVD install = preload!? Just so I can start playing as soon as I get it.

I couldn't install a steam game from disc before the unlocking date. Not like it matters much, installing takes 10m tops.

masterkajo

Tacitus_ said:
I couldn't install a steam game from disc before the unlocking date. Not like it matters much, installing takes 10m tops.
Yeah 10 mins I can wait. It was just that if I had to download the whole I would have to wait another 2 days before playing (my inet sucks). Also because it is a boxed copy I guess I will get it on release date delivered anyway so no early access doesn't matter.

Keasar

3chopl0x said:
Just got this back on Twitter

GreenManGaming
@3chopl0x Working on it - next hour or less! /Rob
Speaking of the GMG keys, have it been confirmed that people who bought through Green Man Gaming also get the pre-order stuff? TF2 items and the in-game items (if you are european)?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Keasar said:
Speaking of the GMG keys, have it been confirmed that people who bought through Green Man Gaming also get the pre-order stuff? TF2 items and the in-game items (if you are european)?

Yes, you should get them.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
EatChildren said:
Yes, you should get them.

Wait what, so I'm about to buy the standard edition off of D2D, does that mean I too get the bonus missions and TF2 items? Or is that only for aug edition?

edit : Because there's no mention of them on D2D.

PaulLFC

GreenManGaming Green Man Gaming
Update: Deus Ex keys are now LIVE. You should be seeing the keys on your 'My games' tab now and can preload from now! If you DONT see your key yet, please wait at least 2 hours before logging a ticket, it takes the key thingy time to get around to everyone!

@d0gma We're just looking into that now, should know in about half an hour or so. [regarding whether the GMG preorder will include TF2 items or not]

Keasar

PaulLFC said:
Update: Deus Ex keys are now LIVE. You should be seeing the keys on your 'My games' tab now and can preload from now! If you DONT see your key yet, please wait at least 2 hours before logging a ticket, it takes the key thingy time to get around to everyone!
Hooray! Checking my account now!

Edit: Nothing there, messages have just changed to:

"The following keys may be required to play your game:
Simply enter the keys if the game prompts you to."

And then no key. ._.

Start spamming that F5!

masterkajo

duckroll said:
I got my key, but it doesn't work! Steam says I already own the game... wut? Lolol.
Give it to me and I try it :p

But really strange indeed. Are you sure you don't own it already (not really serious) but it happens to me sometimes that I want to buy a game and then steam tells me I already own it :) Maybe some drunken preorder a long time ago?

Echoplx

4A7SH.jpg

pilonv1

They're on it

Hi guys - if you're getting a 'you own this product' - we're working on it! As soon as we know what's up, I'll post here and on Facebook.
34 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

glaurung

*yawns*

Yeah, no key for me under Your Games yet either.

Even so, how 'bout some god damn patience? The key is just a string of letters and numbers. The game does not unlock for a long time.

duckroll

glaurung said:
*yawns*

Yeah, no key for me under Your Games yet either.

Even so, how 'bout some god damn patience? The key is just a string of letters and numbers. The game does not unlock for a long time.

Some of us are on dial-up, and would like as much time before the game is unlocked as possible to pre-load the game. Please understand!

No, not really, we're just impatient fuckers!

Corky

welp I jumped on the d2d one, so here's hoping I get the items aswell. Would be a shame if I didn't :'(

mandiller

videotape said:
I got the same thing. Maybe it's because I own Deus Ex GOTY on Steam?

I can test this theory when I actually get my key. No Deus Ex 1 here.

..the key still isn't showing for me. Come on GMG! I only have 5 or 6 days to pre-load something that'll take me three hours to download. Hop to it!

duckroll

glaurung said:
How long would the game download with dial-up?

I don't even know how big it is on PC.

I think it's a little over 7gig. Let's assume it's 8gig including extra shit you need to download during unlocking or whatever.

Let's assume a person is on 56k, that's about 5kb/sec, which is about 300kb per minute. Let's take that as 0.3 meg, and 8 gig as 8000 meg. It would take 26666.66666666667 minutes, which is about 444.4444444444444 hours, which is about 18.51851851851852 days.

So the answer is about 18 and a half days.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Corky said:
Wait what, so I'm about to buy the standard edition off of D2D, does that mean I too get the bonus missions and TF2 items? Or is that only for aug edition?

edit : Because there's no mention of them on D2D.

Actually, you're right. Maybe we dont get the items *shrug*.

glaurung

duckroll said:
I suppose the pre-load is pretty damn important then.

Though even then those users would be able to play the game some time in September.

heh

MNC

You should get the items since technically you're getting the 'pre-order' on steam. Unless the keys aren't activating until AFTER the release. Then you're not getting the 'pre-order', and no items.

Corky

MNC said:
You should get the items since technically you're getting the 'pre-order' on steam. Unless the keys aren't activating until AFTER the release. Then you're not getting the 'pre-order', and no items.

Ooh bollocks, D2D better be giving me my key in time ...

Gattsu25

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:
I tried out the preview version that was on the net [...]
It was pretty buggy and I got horrible tearing. Didn't get far into the game, so I didn't really give it much of a chance at all, so I can't judge it just yet, but maybe it was my impression of the preview that did it... I didn't really enjoy it at all, maybe it was the poor graphics or... really I don't know.
Is it really fair to judge a game based on a pirated copy from before the game even went gold?

mandiller

"GreenManGaming Green Man Gaming
Sorry guys but we've got official confirmation from the publisher - our keys won't activate until Tuesday, the official release date."

:'(

masterkajo

duckroll said:
I think it's a little over 7gig. Let's assume it's 8gig including extra shit you need to download during unlocking or whatever.

Let's assume a person is on 56k, that's about 5kb/sec, which is about 300kb per minute. Let's take that as 0.3 meg, and 8 gig as 8000 meg. It would take 26666.66666666667 minutes, which is about 444.4444444444444 hours, which is about 18.51851851851852 days.

It is so pretty strange... I can still remember the time when I used the dial-up and get the nice sound when connecting. And nowadays you can download this game in about 2-3 hours.

duckroll said:

As an Australian, I would be thrilled with that...

Come on GMG... sure I can't play the game yet, or register it on steam properly yet, or really want the game to begin with ... but I still need it now.

Arozay

mandiller said:
Sorry guys but we've got official confirmation from the publisher - our keys won't activate until Tuesday, the official release date."

What a sham.

masterkajo

mandiller said:

:'(
So no TF2 items? :(

Top Bottom