• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

MNC

MNC said:
You should get the items since technically you're getting the 'pre-order' on steam. Unless the keys aren't activating until AFTER the release. Then you're not getting the 'pre-order', and no items.

"GreenManGaming Green Man Gaming
Sorry guys but we've got official confirmation from the publisher - our keys won't activate until Tuesday, the official release date."
I swear I had nothing to do with this!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
mandiller said:
Sorry guys but we've got official confirmation from the publisher - our keys won't activate until Tuesday, the official release date."

:'(

I never asked for this.

FGMPR

Banned
mandiller said:

Well that's very disappointing.

I'm sad now :(

Herla

mandiller said:

For once I'm happy to be european. It still counts as a preorder, right?

PaulLFC

Herla said:
For once I'm happy to be european. It still counts as a preorder, right?
Very good point. Release day here is typically a Friday, so unless this is releasing on Tuesday worldwide and is a special case like GTA for example, then technically Tuesday would be 3 days before release, and would count as a preorder. I hope.

Still though, damn Square Enix or whoever made this decision.

MRORANGE

dw5s7.png

ffffuuuu

FGMPR

Banned
masterkajo said:
So NO TF2 items and NO preload... what a shame.

Dammit. If these arseholes stopped ripping us Australians off, I wouldn't need to go through places like GMG and I'd have the TF2 hats + preload :(

PaulLFC

Please note the following unlock times for the Steam versions of both Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition.

North America - Aug 23rd 00:00 Eastern Daylight Time
Russia - Aug 25th 00:00 Moscow Daylight Time
AU/NZ/JP/China - Aug 25th 00:00 AU Eastern Standard Time
UK - Aug 26th 00:00 British Summer Time
Europe - (FR/GER/IT/SP/Scan) Aug 26th 00:00 Central European Summer Time
All other regions - Aug 26th 00:00 Eastern European Summer Time

fffffuuuuuu

What a sham indeed. Oh well. At least I won't be clamouring all weekend for it to be unlocked. Once I get home from work on Monday I can start stressing about taking Tuesday off...

Edit: Wait, 25th? fffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

PaulLFC

With trade ins of previously bought games and the voucher code, my preorder worked out to be around £17.50 as opposed to £30 on Steam, so I'm keeping it. Still annoyed that SE won't release the keys for preload though, if the facility's there then why the hell not?

Horns said:
So that is something extra for the press or is that included with the Augmented Edition? Do want!

Press only it seems, as it includes a "review guide" that specifies the game's combat "is not the arcade-style, over-the-top bullet-fest of recent FPS titles such as Halo: Reach or Call of Duty." :D

Wallach

Don't feel too bad. I've been on a near-perfect media blackout for this game to date and now I can't afford to buy it at launch at all.

Naito

Could someone point me where I could buy retail, english version, in EU mainland please?
I pre-ordered on amazon.co.uk but with this region locked deal I canceled my order and now I don't know where to look for it :(

Baha

For once I'm not too mad. Greenman Gaming gave me a really great deal on the game and the only people preventing me from getting the tf2 promo items are S-E. Oh well, I can wait till Tuesday. I still love you GMG!

abunai

Naito said:
Could someone point me where I could buy retail, english version, in EU mainland please?
I pre-ordered on amazon.co.uk but with this region locked deal I canceled my order and now I don't know where to look for it :(

The region lock was removed from the uk version yesterday, feel free to order from amazon again.

Naito

abunai said:
The region lock was removed from the uk version yesterday, feel free to order from amazon again.
This is great news, the note regarding region lock is still there though.
Will re-pre-order.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I kinda want to buy it again on Steam, just so I can get it a few hours early :(.

Must regist urge to be stupid.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
EatChildren said:
I kinda want to buy it again on Steam, just so I can get it a few hours early :(.

Must regist urge to be stupid.

I did this with The Witcher 2, lol. I had it bought off in Steam the day it was announced, then found out that there was no midnight release. I sent Valve and Email asking for a refund, bought the GoG version and played a few hours before i went to sleep :D

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Just buying the item pack from the Mann co store would cost only a little bit more than getting a refund from GMG and then getting the Steam preorder.

A shame about not being able to preload though.

Baha

glaurung said:
Same here. Maybe they stopped issuing them until they get the Steam stuff solved.

Apparently it takes 1-2 hours for all the keys to be distributed. If you still don't have a key by then, submit a support ticket.

Effect

I hope Impulse makes it clear what they are doing. When you get your order confirmation from them included in that is a key for the game. It isn't clear though if that key is what you put into Steam or if they are going to be putting something else up for download or issuing another key.

I would hope they will be allowing you to download the but included in that is a copy of Steam for you to install and that is when you type in your key. If that is the case I wonder if you can just bypass all that and put the key right into Steam now and have it pre-load. I'm wary of doing that in case an error happens and maybe I get flagged for trying to put in an invalid key. That doesn't happen right? It should just think someone mis-typed their CD key?

I wouldn't mind the steam deal but I used a bunch of amazon promotional credits. Game ended up costing me 40. Shame I can't get those credits back :(

Top Bottom