• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Keasar

Alien Bob said:
Just buying the item pack from the Mann co store would cost only a little bit more than getting a refund from GMG and then getting the Steam preorder.

A shame about not being able to preload though.
Its not the TF2 items for me as it is the in-game Deus Ex items we in Europe are supposed to get if we pre-order, I want those. :(

So, is GreenManGaming working on this or will we not get the things? I am considering refunding and just buy it directly on Steam instead.

BadTaste

Where are people buying from in the UK?

I'm looking at shopto dot net

Amazon raised the price of the same edition by a few pounds a couple days ago. Still looking for a better deal since theres 7 days left.

edit: link fail

Carcetti

Preloading, preloading.

I thought about going for some obscure shop due to this inspiring thread but seems my laziness paid off.

epmode

Keasar said:
Its not the TF2 items for me as it is the in-game Deus Ex items we in Europe are supposed to get if we pre-order, I want those. :(

So, is GreenManGaming working on this or will we not get the things? I am considering refunding and just buy it directly on Steam instead.
I doubt that they'll give a refund after the key shows up in your account. It would be very easy to copy the key and activate it after your money is refunded.

Keasar

epmode said:
I doubt that they'll give a refund after the key shows up in your account. It would be very easy to copy the key and activate it after your money is refunded.
Still havent recieved my key, so Im taking the chance and send out a request form for a refund then.

abunai

54-46! said:
Will there be mod support? tools?

There is no plans for the SDK being released yet, but that doesn't mean they won't release them eventually. But it won't stop some mods from popping up, I could imagine.

BadTaste105 said:

Amazon raised the price of the same edition by a few pounds a couple days ago. Still looking for a better deal since theres 7 days left.

I managed to get the PC augmented for 25£ on amazon, but it keeps going out of stock so it's hard to actually get it in your basket.

Shopto are great though, really good service.

glaurung

MrCompletely said:
Just up the page someone posted that GMG keys won't be distributed until release.
Some people already got them.

With a side message that the key already appears to be activated on Steam.

BadTaste

abunai said:
There is no plans for the SDK being released yet, but that doesn't mean they won't release them eventually. But it won't stop some mods from popping up, I could imagine.

I managed to get the PC augmented for 25£ on amazon, but it keeps going out of stock so it's hard to actually get it in your basket.

Shopto are great though, really good service.

Yeah caved in a pre ordered from Shopto.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
BadTaste105 said:

Pre-ordered the Augmented Edition from the Gamestation just around the corner from where I work. I'll be able to pop in and get it on my lunch break. This is one title where I really am not bothered about the price as long as I have it in my hands.

AEREC

So if we pre-ordered from GMG we definitely dont get the TF2 items? I may cancel my pre-order if thats the case and I am slowly leaning towards the Augmented Edition anyways.

AEREC

This a odd question but if I buy the Augmented Edition in Steam does it show up in my library as:

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition

or

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Very weird question I know, but I hate seeing titles in my Library that say the name of the game and also "Game of the year enhanced edition."

abunai

AEREC said:
This a odd question but if I buy the Augmented Edition in Steam does it show up in my library as:

or

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Very weird question I know, but I hate seeing titles in my Library that say the name of the game and also "Game of the year enhanced edition."

It'll show up as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the extra stuff that comes with the aug edition will be bonuses in the game folder.

glaurung

AEREC said:

or

Deus Ex Human Revolution

It should show up as the regular version either way.

But Steam is known for fucking with the game icons and names. Anomaly Warzone's game icon was replaced with some gaudy buzzwords. Which I hate.

garath

I know this will sound sacrilegious, but I really don't care about the TF2 items. Wish the pre-order bonus was at least something HR related.

DSmalls84

Getting pretty close to preordering this on Steam. Anyone have any idea if it will run ok on my M11x?

Specs are:
1.7 ghz core 2 duo
4 gb ram
Gt 335M 1 gb vram.

I know there is a preview build floating around that some of you might have tried. I would rather get this on pc, but if the performance is going to be awful I would rather go console.

Wallach

Interfectum said:
can you buy the tf2 items later if you wanted or are they only available if you pre-order the game?

You can craft them or get them as random drops. They just won't be "Genuine" (aka have green text instead of yellow text).

BadTaste

DSmalls84 said:
Getting pretty close to preordering this on Steam. Anyone have any idea if it will run ok on my M11x?

Specs are:
1.7 ghz core 2 duo
4 gb ram
Gt 335M 1 gb vram.

I know there is a preview build floating around that some of you might have tried. I would rather get this on pc, but if the performance is going to be awful I would rather go console.

Dunno, you can get a rough estimate by looking here - http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
x-Lundz-x said:
What kind of sales do you think this game needs to get Deus Ex 4 in production?

2 Million?

I really hope this game sells well.
If it sells at least a million and gets a good critical reception, I'd imagine DX4 would be greenlit, even if HR isn't profitable on its own.

graywolf323

can Green Man Gaming confirm if we are getting the UK version of the Augmented Edition that comes with both the preorder packs (Tactical and Explosive)?

Derrick01

Banned
x-Lundz-x said:
What kind of sales do you think this game needs to get Deus Ex 4 in production?

2 Million?

I really hope this game sells well.

I don't think we've had any hint as to what the budget was for this. I would like to say it's almost guaranteed to hit 1 million worldwide based on the pedigree of the franchise but I don't feel comfortable about that.

Personally this should sell 8 million out of nowhere like AC1 did 4 years ago, but then I'm sure SE would make DX a yearly franchise.

We can't win either way!

garath

graywolf323 said:
can Green Man Gaming confirm if we are getting the UK version of the Augmented Edition that comes with both the preorder packs (Tactical and Explosive)?

I could be wrong here, but I really don't see anyone buying from Green Man getting the pre-order packs from some other retailer.

It's kind of like pre-ordering from walmart and expecting the gamestop pre-order bonus.

Now there's room for question because it's a steam activated game but the bottom line is you are ordering from another retailer, the money isn't going to steam, I doubt you'll get the pre-order bonus from Steam.

DaBuddaDa

I'm just happy and shocked that a game like this, let alone a sequel to Deus fucking Ex was actually greenlit and is coming out in a week. I can't even imagine another sequel.

We have Thi4f to look forward to now :DDDD

x-Lundz-x

Derrick01 said:
I don't think we've had any hint as to what the budget was for this. I would like to say it's almost guaranteed to hit 1 million worldwide based on the pedigree of the franchise but I don't feel comfortable about that.

Personally this should sell 8 million out of nowhere like AC1 did 4 years ago, but then I'm sure SE would make DX a yearly franchise.

We can't win either way!

8 Million and I would shit a brick. I just hope we get another one.

Chairman Yang said:
If it sells at least a million and gets a good critical reception, I'd imagine DX4 would be greenlit, even if HR isn't profitable on its own.

I hope this is the case.

Top Bottom